PDA

View Full Version : Project Cars 2 - Supported Wheels (PS4) (Especially Question on T500rs)

Renoldo1990
25-06-2017, 08:26
Hey,

As the release of Pcars 2 is coming closer and closer I ask myself which Wheels will be usable for Pcars2 on the PS4?
Most of us know that the "old" Fanatec-Hardware has been cut out of the PS4-Support shortly and will not be usable for upcoming PS4-Titles. The only supported Fanatec-Wheel will be the CSL Elite.

I'm a bit worried that quiet the same will happen to Thrustmaster-Hardware. On their website they show only the T80, T150, and T300 as "PS4
-licensed". The T500, which I use, is only licensed for "PC and PS3". Is there a risk that the T500 will meet the same fate as the "old" Fanatec-Hardware and will not be usable any longer?
Naturally I don't want to buy new hardware for my T500 (Shifter, Loadcell Brake Mod etc.) as far as i know that it will be usable.

And what about the Logitech-Hardware? (G27, G29 etc.)

A List with all the supported Wheels for Pcars 2 on PS4 would be perfect!

Have a nice day :)

Azure Flare
25-06-2017, 08:31
It's probably safe to assume the CSL Elite, T300RS, and G29 will be supported for the PS4 version since they all have the Playstation logo stamped on them. I could go on a tangent on how Sony would rather tell you to piss off and buy a new wheel than allow an older wheel be used with their console, and how anti-consumer it is, but whatever.

Renoldo1990
25-06-2017, 08:36
Supported Wheels Project Cars 2 (PS4)

Thrustmaster T80 (PS4-licensed) :yes:
Thrustmaster T150 (PS4-licensed) :yes:
Thrustmaster T300 (PS4-licensed) :yes:
Thrustmaster T500 (not PS4 licensed) :confused:

Fanatec CSL Elite (PS4 licensed) :yes:
Older Fanatec Wheels :no:

Logitech G27 (not PS4 licensed) :confused:
Logitech G29 (not PS4 licensed) :confused:

Any update on that list would be brilliant!
The T500 and the Logitech Hardware was usable for Pcars 1 on PS4, allthough it wasn't licensed. Will it be usable too for Pcars 2?

Azure Flare
25-06-2017, 08:39
The G29 is compatible with the PS4, that's why it exists in the first place.

Renoldo1990
25-06-2017, 08:43
Yeah, you're right. I looked it up. It's fully PS4 licensed.

So only the Support of the T500 and the G27 remain in Question.

I guess the T500 is the most used Wheel among PS4-Users. Would be a massive blow if it would not be usable in the game any more.

amazed
25-06-2017, 11:20
No T100 support? :(

Renoldo1990
25-06-2017, 11:38
No T100 support? :(

This falls in the same Category as the T500. It's "PS3 licensed".
So i guess we have to wait for a statement from SMS/Sony?

I added the T100 to the list:

Thrustmaster T80 (PS4-licensed) :yes:
Thrustmaster T100 (not PS4-licensed) :confused:
Thrustmaster T150 (PS4-licensed) :yes:
Thrustmaster T300 (PS4-licensed) :yes:
Thrustmaster T500 (not PS4 licensed) :confused:

Fanatec CSL Elite (PS4 licensed) :yes:
Older Fanatec Wheels :no:

Logitech G27 (not PS4 licensed) :confused:
Logitech G29 (PS4 licensed) :yes:

Mahjik
25-06-2017, 15:43
Supported wheels will be those that are licensed for each console platform.

amazed
25-06-2017, 16:35
The T100 is not licensed, but was supported on PC1, so this will change for PC2?

Mahjik
25-06-2017, 16:41
The T100 is not licensed, but was supported on PC1, so this will change for PC2?

There is no official list at this time, but we can assume licensed devices will be compatible (non-licensed will depend on platform approval).

Renoldo1990
25-06-2017, 16:42
Supported wheels will be those that are licensed for each console platform.

Is this an 'official' statement?

This will probably rip the whole PS4-Community apart.
There are so many Ps4-Players who played Pcars 1 with the T500 for example.

In my Racing League out of 100 drivers approx. 30 are using the T500.

This would be a massive blow. All the people would be forced either to change to the PC-Version (Buy a PC etc.) or invest in other Hardware-Devices to stay on the PS4.

Mahjik
25-06-2017, 16:43
At the end of the day, support is driven by the platform manufacturers (as they also approve or disprove releases). If the platform manufacture will not let SMS release a title including support X wheel, then the wheel will not be supported.

Renoldo1990
25-06-2017, 16:51
I know from the Fanatec-History that Sony is the 'bad guy' in this story. They are loosing so many Drivers with this behaviour..But i don't want to talk too much off topic..

So when will the approval for 'non licensed' Wheels happen?
I mean many many people have already preordered the game. This will result in a huge shitstorm if half of them won't be able to play the game with their hardware when it arrives in September.

Mahjik
25-06-2017, 16:58
So when will the approval for 'non licensed' Wheels happen?

First, I want to change this as far as "When will supported hardware get published?".

Don't know. It will happen when it happens.

Renoldo1990
25-06-2017, 17:01
You're welcome. :)

I guess i have to cancel my Pre-Order until further Informations are available. Can't afford a new wheel again as i just bought the 'old' T500 for Pcars 1 :(

amazed
25-06-2017, 17:25
Well, if it's Sony's decision, I reckon that the T100 is likely not to be supported, as it isn't in GT7....

jerry555
25-06-2017, 19:15
So that means, because GT Sport supports the T500RS, Then its down to SMS. Right.?

Renoldo1990
25-06-2017, 19:54
So that means, because GT Sport supports the T500RS, Then its down to SMS. Right.?

GT Sport haven't announced yet which wheels the game support, have they?

jerry555
25-06-2017, 20:01
GT Sport haven't announced yet which wheels the game support, have they?

Its in the Beta, which I have been playing..

Renoldo1990
25-06-2017, 20:07
Fanatec Wheels worked on Assetto Corsa first too, until they got ruled out with the first patch.
Unfortunately I don't think that the fact that the T500 works in the Beta of GT Sport will give information about if it's working in the final GT Sports or Pcars 2..

Titzon Toast
02-07-2017, 14:37
Has there been any update on this please? I'm dying to put my pre order in but I need to be sure that my T500 wheel will be supported first.
I know it's an old wheel at this stage and things move on, but still, I like it and it's still up to the job.
Here's hoping.

Renoldo1990
02-07-2017, 15:10
I guess we have to wait a little longer for a confirmation. I could imagine that at this point SMS didn't really know by themselves if the T500 will be usable for Pcars 2 on PS4.

What especially makes me feel quite unsure is that the T500 was supported for Dirt Rally (Release December 2015), but itsn't supported for Dirt 4 (Release June 2017) anymore. If you want to use it it disconnects every few minutes. If this Non-Support of the T500 at the Dirt-Rally-Series has to to with a "new" policy of Sony then the T500 will probably not work for Pcars-2 too, I guess. Otherwise if it isn't down to Sony in that case, but due to reasons of the game publisher (CodeMasters in that case), it probably doesn't look to bad for the support of the T500. Let's hope that SMS can sort this out for us T500-Users!
Can't wait to finally preorder, too!

Titzon Toast
02-07-2017, 16:19
I guess we have to wait a little longer for a confirmation. I could imagine that at this point SMS didn't really know by themselves if the T500 will be usable for Pcars 2 on PS4.

What especially makes me feel quite unsure is that the T500 was supported for Dirt Rally (Release December 2015), but itsn't supported for Dirt 4 (Release June 2017) anymore. If you want to use it it disconnects every few minutes. If this Non-Support of the T500 at the Dirt-Rally-Series has to to with a "new" policy of Sony then the T500 will probably not work for Pcars-2 too, I guess. Otherwise if it isn't down to Sony in that case, but due to reasons of the game publisher (CodeMasters in that case), it probably doesn't look to bad for the support of the T500. Let's hope that SMS can sort this out for us T500-Users!
Can't wait to finally preorder, too!

Have CM actually stated that the T500 isn't supported on Dirt 4? Or is the support just broken?

If SMS announce that my wheel isn't going to be supported I'll just accept it and move on. It won't be thier fault anyway, it'll be because of some pencil pusher somewhere.

I just hope they tell us soon so that we can figure something out, I really like the look of those bonus cars.

Renoldo1990
02-07-2017, 17:04
I don't know really.
All i know is that T500 isn't supported for that game atm and is also not usable because of the disconnects. Though, a few people have found a way to make the T500 playable by reducing Force Feedback and stuff to nearly Zero. So maybe (hopefully) it's down to the support of the game after all and not because of Sony's Policy.

I see it the same way as you. SMS can't influence which wheels get supported on the consoles. So if they rule out the T500, the only way is to move to the PC for Pcars 2.
Buying new Sim-Racing-Hardware for playing on PS4 would be the wrong approach because it would promote Sonys (wrong) course of action.

Titzon Toast
02-07-2017, 17:33
I can't really justify spending €500 on a new wheel atm, let alone €1000 on a gaming PC. I really hope SMS have some good news for us soon.

hkraft300
02-07-2017, 23:23
I don't know really.
All i know is that T500 isn't supported for that game atm and is also not usable because of the disconnects. Though, a few people have found a way to make the T500 playable by reducing Force Feedback and stuff to nearly Zero.

Is the wheel overheating?
T300 is a PS4 wheel and has the same problem. It's solved by connecting to a PC, through the TM Control Panel setting the cooling fan to run always: on.

Before Sony back flipped, back '15 when pc1 first came out I know a few guys were having the same problem with their T500.

Titzon Toast
03-07-2017, 19:07
T300 is a PS4 wheel and has the same problem. It's solved by connecting to a PC, through the TM Control Panel setting the cooling fan to run always: on.

Before Sony back flipped, back '15 when pc1 first came out I know a few guys were having the same problem with their T500.

I don't think it's an overheating problem, there's a thread about it over on the CM forums.
They're looking into it apparently.

hkraft300
03-07-2017, 22:26
I don't think it's an overheating problem.

Though, a few people have found a way to make the T500 playable by reducing Force Feedback and stuff to nearly Zero.

Hypothesis. Care to test it? Set the cooling fan to always run and give it a crack. Prove me wrong and eliminate 1 possible cause.

Titzon Toast
03-07-2017, 22:58
I haven't got Dirt 4 man. I'm going by what I've read on the CM forum. Folk are reporting the wheel cutting out as soon as they hit the first corner.
Their wheels aren't even getting a chance to get warm!

EDIT

Here you go.

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/52939/dirt4-ps4-cant-play-t500rs-disconnects-same-spot-every-time-help#latest

Titzon Toast
05-07-2017, 16:33
Bump.

Can we please get an official answer on this SMS?

There are probably hundreds, if not thousands of T500 owners waiting to find out.

Thank you.

Titzon Toast
11-07-2017, 17:12
Another bump, please SMS, give us answer to the T500 question.
I'm waiting to get my pre-order in.
Thank you.

Renoldo1990
11-07-2017, 18:46
..or at least a date when you can likely tell us.

The Dirt-rally-People still can't use their T500's.
The only Statements from Codemasters on this issue are:

"The T500 is not currently supported. If you disable the force feedback by switching it to PS3 mode it will work."

"We are looking to hopefully support it in a future update."

(http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/52861/dirt-4-ps4-t500rs-and-th8rs-compatibility)

For me the word 'hopefully' sounds like it isn't in their hands to fix it. So it's possibly the feared licensing-problem with Sony. But i'm just guessing, since we get no official response in here.
So please don't take my speculations for granted.

When Assetto came out, and the Fanatec-Hardware didn't work KUNOS said:

"We will hopefully support the Hardware soon"

Sounds similar to the T500-Codemaster-Issue. So don't know. I had a few doubts on the usability of the T500 when i created this thread here a few weeks ago. By now i have much more doubts.

I suspect SMS aren't able to give us feedback on this topic until they hand the Game into submission to Sony and get feedback from them.
Otherwise I think we would have gotten either the statement 'Yes, it will be usable' or the statement 'No, it will be not be usable' long ago as SMS interacts with their users quite willingly in general.

Titzon Toast
12-07-2017, 11:00
@ Renoldo1990

My thoughts exactly, I have a feeling SMS are bound by a NDA.
I'm getting worried at this stage, god damn pencil pushers are ruining things as usual.

Djuvinile
13-07-2017, 11:47

Seriously? i never had this problem.. is this due to some early builds maybe?

Titzon Toast
18-07-2017, 17:49
Another day, another bump!

Please SMS, take us out of our misery, let us know where we stand please.
Thank you.

amazed
18-07-2017, 18:41
Another day, another bump!

Please SMS, take us out of our misery, let us know where we stand please.
Thank you.

I refer you to post 33.

When there is more information, I'm sure it will be passed on....

Titzon Toast
18-07-2017, 23:45
Time and tide waits for no man, and the tide is getting closer.
I'd like an official response if possible, even it's just to tell us to chill out and they're working on it.

Not knowing is rough, if it's bad news, I'd prefer to get it early.

Thanks for your support.

Mahjik
19-07-2017, 01:00
Chill out, they are working on it..

Titzon Toast
20-07-2017, 11:35
Chill out, they are working on it..

The word "they" doesn't give me much hope, I was hoping for a "we".

Look, the last thing I want to be doing is bumping this thread with the same words every few days.
I just want to get my pre-order in and then relax until Project Cars 2 finally rolls around.

It's the uncertainty that has me worried, I can't afford to drop €500 on a new wheel right now, I've got a Fabergé egg habit to keep going.

Roger Prynne
20-07-2017, 11:49
^ Well he cant say "We" as he's not a Dev.

Look, the last thing I want to be doing is bumping this thread with the same words every few days.
Then please don't, when there is any information on this you will be informed.

amazed
20-07-2017, 12:08

Titzon Toast
20-07-2017, 15:45
^ Well he cant say "We" as he's not a Dev.

My point entirely.

amazed
20-07-2017, 16:43
And perhaps the Devs cannot comment as it hasn't been before Sony for testing yet?

Perhaps the Devs are too busy to comment?

Roger Prynne
20-07-2017, 16:46
Perhaps the Devs are fed up of you asking.

Mahjik
20-07-2017, 22:03
My point entirely.

Devs are not going to come here and post that information. When that information is available, it will be posted on the main PC website.

Titzon Toast
21-07-2017, 18:28
Thanks for the support lads, you guys are the best. XX

Renoldo1990
01-08-2017, 13:23
So, the FAQ's for Project Cars 2 are published.

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/project-cars-2-faq.html?lang=de

Not a single mention of supported Hardware.

I would definitely say that this topic is a frequently asked Question on this forum.

There is also the following note:

"If you don’t find an answer to your question below, please feel free to leave us a message on Facebook or Twitter and we will work hard to answer as many as we can."

I don't use Twitter and Facebook.
Would be nice if somebody who uses it could ask for supported Hardware on the mentioned social plattforms.

Renoldo1990
09-08-2017, 11:07
Thrustmaster lists the T500 as supported. :)

https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/product/t500rs-en/

"EN - Your racing wheel is Force Feedback-capable on PlayStation®4 (*) with:
FR - Votre volant est Force Feedback sur PlayStation®4 (*) avec:
DE - Ihr Rennlenker ist auf der PlayStation®4 (*) Force-Feedback geeignet mit:

- ASSETTO CORSA
- DiRT RALLY™
- DiRT RALLY™ VR
- DiRT® 4
- DRIVECLUB™
- DRIVECLUB™ VR
- F1 2015
- F1 2016
- F1 2017
- GRAN TURISMO® Sport
- GRAVEL
- Nascar Heat Evolution
- Nascar Heat 2
- PROJECT CARS
- PROJECT CARS 2
- SEBASTIEN LOEB RALLY EVO
- THE CREW™
- THE CREW™ WILD RUN
- WRC 5
- WRC 6
- WRC 7"

So hopefully the confirmation by SMS soon.

Boskapongen
09-08-2017, 14:47
Thrustmaster lists the T500 as supported. :)

https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/product/t500rs-en/

"EN - Your racing wheel is Force Feedback-capable on PlayStation®4 (*) with:
FR - Votre volant est Force Feedback sur PlayStation®4 (*) avec:
DE - Ihr Rennlenker ist auf der PlayStation®4 (*) Force-Feedback geeignet mit:

- ASSETTO CORSA
- DiRT RALLY™
- DiRT RALLY™ VR
- DiRT® 4
- DRIVECLUB™
- DRIVECLUB™ VR
- F1 2015
- F1 2016
- F1 2017
- GRAN TURISMO® Sport
- GRAVEL
- Nascar Heat Evolution
- Nascar Heat 2
- PROJECT CARS
- PROJECT CARS 2
- SEBASTIEN LOEB RALLY EVO
- THE CREW™
- THE CREW™ WILD RUN
- WRC 5
- WRC 6
- WRC 7"

So hopefully the confirmation by SMS soon.

But Dirt 4 does not work with T500/PS4 so that list is not good at all..

Markeeez
09-08-2017, 16:39
and F1 2017 is a ??? as its made by Codemasters as well.

Mascot
10-08-2017, 08:40
I can't really justify spending €500 on a new wheel atm, let alone €1000 on a gaming PC. I really hope SMS have some good news for us soon.

As a PS4/CSR Elite owner I was in the same boat. It was fantastic having native compatibility in pCARS but it soon became apparent that Sony were actively cockblocking support going forward. The CronusMax Plus provided a quick and easy solution but it was still an unwanted faff every time I wanted to play a racing game. I became more and more pissed off with Sony about this and it ultimately led to me buying a gaming PC without any forced peripheral restrictions and where I could use my existing racing hardware unrestricted. This turned out to be the best sim-racing decision I've ever made. It's a total cliché but I really should have done it years ago. Apart from the obvious performance improvements and more detailed options, the content and improvements that the modding community puts out really opens the games up. And racing in VR is another thing entirely. It genuinely is the Real Effing Deal. Totally incredible.

Yeah, going the PC route is more expensive but the benefits are totally worth it if you are serious about sim racing. Giving the middle finger to Sony for their anti-consumerist bullshittery has just been a nice added bonus.

Slicker_VR
15-08-2017, 23:59
for me the jump to pc is financially out of the question and a new wheel would be a big stretch. i'm with the guys who say 'we need to know, before we buy'

surely it's in everyone's interest to get the truth out there, this must be denting the pre-orders on ps4, there are just so many of us who use (and love) the t500

Titzon Toast
16-08-2017, 18:02
for me the jump to pc is financially out of the question and a new wheel would be a big stretch. i'm with the guys who say 'we need to know, before we buy'

surely it's in everyone's interest to get the truth out there, this must be denting the pre-orders on ps4, there are just so many of us who use (and love) the t500

I joined Twitter to try and get an answer there, nothing so far.

Slicker_VR
16-08-2017, 18:14
I joined Twitter to try and get an answer there, nothing so far.

me, too...

btw you're not the Jockeys I3ollix who used to race with joka 420 on forza, by any chance?

gotdirt410sprintcar
16-08-2017, 20:12
But Dirt 4 does not work with T500/PS4 so that list is not good at all.. it must be a problem on dirt 4 side because i have same problem works for a minute then it switches back too controller . So dirt4 needs fixed and pcars2 should work its old but i can still compete against new technology all day maybe pcars3 it Won't anymore

Titzon Toast
17-08-2017, 09:50
me, too...

btw you're not the Jockeys I3ollix who used to race with joka 420 on forza, by any chance?

I am indeed! Have we raced before?

Titzon Toast
17-08-2017, 09:52
it must be a problem on dirt 4 side because i have same problem works for a minute then it switches back too controller . So dirt4 needs fixed and pcars2 should work its old but i can still compete against new technology all day maybe pcars3 it Won't anymore

The T500 is not officially supported by CM anymore. They said so themselves.
We're about to get shafted just like the Fanatec guys were when AC got released.

Markeeez
17-08-2017, 11:24
CM does support T500 on PS4 on F1 2017

Just not Dirt, no idea why!?!?

http://blog.codemasters.com/f1/08/f1-2017-supported-wheels-and-controllers/

Titzon Toast
17-08-2017, 11:56
CM does support T500 on PS4 on F1 2017

Just not Dirt, no idea why!?!?

http://blog.codemasters.com/f1/08/f1-2017-supported-wheels-and-controllers/

That's very interesting, I wonder why also.

SMS, can you please put this issue to bed once and for all?
I want to put my pre-order in for the deluxe edition of PCARS 2 as soon as possible.

Titzon Toast
17-08-2017, 12:21
Stop the press!

https://twitter.com/realandytudor/status/898157015054376960

Pre-order incoming! See you all out on track lads.

Renoldo1990
17-08-2017, 12:40
Yeeey, finally! :) :cool:

Now i can preorder the game, buy new Pedals (CSL Elite LC), a CPX-Adapter (for using the pedals on my T500), a new Wheelstand (GT Omega) and a H-Shifter.

Shoot that gets expensive :D

Hope all this stuff arrives before 22.09 :)

See you on track Titzon!

Slicker_VR
18-08-2017, 11:49
I am indeed! Have we raced before?

a few times on forza - i was R5wipe, later rissole59. we chatted about gt and it wasn't long before i went back to ps3 for some proper simulation racing ;) guess you did the same

Slicker_VR
18-08-2017, 11:54
came back to report a response from andy tudor on twitter, but someone beat me to it...

Titzon Toast
18-08-2017, 13:25
a few times on forza - i was R5wipe, later rissole59. we chatted about gt and it wasn't long before i went back to ps3 for some proper simulation racing ;) guess you did the same

I remember your GT alright, you don't forget a name like that! I bought a PS4 because MS wouldn't allow my old Fanatec wheel to work on the Bone. It worked out well though in the end.

That was me who got the answer from Andy Tudor on Twitter btw, I'm so relieved.

I'll shoot you a FR on PSN man.

Slicker_VR
18-08-2017, 14:02
I remember your GT alright, you don't forget a name like that! I bought a PS4 because MS wouldn't allow my old Fanatec wheel to work on the Bone. It worked out well though in the end.

That was me who got the answer from Andy Tudor on Twitter btw, I'm so relieved.

I'll shoot you a FR on PSN man.

cool - we shall race again

Titzon Toast
18-08-2017, 17:54
cool - we shall race again

We just have to get Joka420 to cross over to the dark side with us and our circle of evil will be complete.

Konan
11-09-2017, 18:15
Keep it on topic please...

Fax3D
20-09-2017, 07:49
Any confirm for T100 support?

Thanks

Siberian Tiger
20-09-2017, 07:59
Not yet, the offical supported Wheel List is still TBA...

zr1chris
21-09-2017, 00:22
I just posted this in another thread but I will leave it here as well. Forget the compatibility list. Get a Drivehub. It's made by Collective Minds. The same maker of the cronusmax. I got mine last week and it's pretty impressive. Your wheel will even work in the console menus. Works with both XB1 and PS4.

I'd post a link but this is only my 2nd post so I'm not allowed yet.

Mod Edit -> Here you go: http://shop.cronusmax.com/drivehub.html

solocapers
21-09-2017, 12:43
Any confirm for T100 support?

Thanks

I have got my copy early and downloaded day 1 patch. T100 does not work. I'm pretty gutted by this considering it worked fine with pcars 1 on the ps4.

Can anyone confirm if it's coming in a patch?

Bealdor
21-09-2017, 12:46
I have got my copy early and downloaded day 1 patch. T100 does not work. I'm pretty gutted by this considering it worked fine with pcars 1 on the ps4.

The T100 is not supported or licensed by Sony any more which means that SMS can't support it in PCARS 2 either, I'm afraid.

solocapers
21-09-2017, 12:50
So how come it worked with perfectly fine and was supported in project cars 1 on the ps4?? Don't want to sound rude but that answer seems like a complete cop out.

Not to mention works with driveclub, dirt 4 and every other racing game on the ps4?

Bealdor
21-09-2017, 12:57
So how come it worked with perfectly fine and was supported in project cars 1 on the ps4?? Don't want to sound rude but that answer seems like a complete cop out.

Not to mention works with driveclub, dirt 4 and every other racing game on the ps4?

Because the license wasn't removed back then.
If SMS would release another patch for PCARS 1 they would've to remove support for the T100. Same goes for the other games you mentioned.

solocapers
21-09-2017, 13:00
When was the licence removed?

If I remember correctly it was never licensed for the ps4 officially in the first place but Devs supported it regardless.

Bealdor
21-09-2017, 13:04
When was the licence removed?

If I remember correctly it was never licensed for the ps4 officially in the first place but Devs supported it regardless.

Probably around the same time when Fanatec support was pulled.

solocapers
21-09-2017, 13:21
Probably around the same time when Fanatec support was pulled.

No offence but I hope you can see why I'm struggling to believe your response.

Heres the wheel t100 working with gran turismo sport. Now surely if sony blocked it a while back then it wouldn't work on the beta just a few weeks/month back. Unless it has been blocked funnily enough, as this game releases.

https://youtu.be/appOum1zWMo

Fax3D
21-09-2017, 13:38

Thanks for your reply. I got PC2 just today, and I bought a new T150 hoping it's supported... i think yes because it's licensed for PS4, right?

solocapers
21-09-2017, 13:48
Thanks for your reply. I got PC2 just today, and I bought a new T150 hoping it's supported... i think yes because it's licensed for PS4, right?

Yea I believe so

Siberian Tiger
21-09-2017, 13:56
T150 will be supported yes.

amazed
21-09-2017, 17:57

Heres the wheel t100 working with gran turismo sport. Now surely if sony blocked it a while back then it wouldn't work on the beta just a few weeks/month back. Unless it has been blocked funnily enough, as this game releases.

Well, i was part of the GTS Beta and I couldn't get the T100 to work.

solocapers
21-09-2017, 18:17
Well, i was part of the GTS Beta and I couldn't get the T100 to work.

It deffo works, I used it. And well... Surely that's all the proof needed if anyone thinks it's made up , a video of someone using the wheel. Along with it being supported on dirt 4 which was released in June.

And here's code masters official wheel list for the ps4: Note dirt was released 3 months ago.

http://blog.codemasters.com/dirt-4/05/dirt-4-faq/

So someone's not telling the truth clearly. If sms decide just not to support it for their own reasons then fair enough but I'll be selling this and buying gt sport instead.

I'm not forking out 200 quid for another wheel when everyone else supports it and although there's maybe not many of us with that wheel I'll not be alone.

I hope I don't come across as being an ass but to get told it doesn't work with ps4 anymore and Sony have blocked access when games in beta (a Sony studio none the less) and released (dirt 4) in the last 3 months support it then somethings not right.

Ohhh and f1 2017 also supports it. Which was released last month.

https://www.gtplanet.net/f1-2017-steering-wheel-controller-compatibility-list-revealed/

Can any of the admins comment on this without instantly dismissing me and blaming it on Sony?

oscarolim
21-09-2017, 19:58

You’ll need to ask Sony for more information, if what’s been written here is not enough for you.

solocapers
21-09-2017, 20:27
You’ll need to ask Sony for more information, if what’s been written here is not enough for you.

Dude, did you not read my post.

Dirt 4 released 3 months ago supports it
F1 2017 released less than a month ago supports it.

But it's sonys fault?! Deary me.... :facepalm:

I'm just looking for a response from sms employees if it's getting patched in not just random forummers telling me stuff that's clearly not accurate. I've provided links proving it 's still actively supported in other games so blaming it on Sony is clearly a cop out.

Elmo
21-09-2017, 20:37
We are just doing the last checks on the final list and it will be on our website tomorrow.

solocapers
21-09-2017, 20:57
We are just doing the last checks on the final list and it will be on our website tomorrow.

No worries, thank you for letting me know. Fingers crossed it's good news.

Bad Wolf
22-09-2017, 00:41
the t500 is listed as compatible but its not working here, help please! i've bought the 99euro version via psn store and now i'm a little bit angry, actually i'm pretty pissed. what are my options for this?

Titzon Toast
22-09-2017, 01:10
the t500 is listed as compatible but its not working here, help please! i've bought the 99euro version via psn store and now i'm a little bit angry, actually i'm pretty pissed. what are my options for this?
It's working for me, I've just switched it off for the night.
Did you start the game using your wheel or your controller please?

Sum Dixon-Ear
22-09-2017, 01:33

You said that your wheel stopped working when we were testing earlier... did you not?

Bad Wolf
22-09-2017, 01:47
well now its working for me, did'nt do anything but playing pc1 and gave it another try, guess what now the wheel works :)

Victorqn
22-09-2017, 05:31
Does t500 working fine o pc2? Can I buy it without regrets?

Bealdor
22-09-2017, 06:22
Official Wheel Compatibility List (https://www.projectcarsgame.com/project-cars-2-compatibility-list.html?lang=en) published by SMS.

oscarolim
22-09-2017, 07:49
Dude, did you not read my post.

Dirt 4 released 3 months ago supports it
F1 2017 released less than a month ago supports it.

But it's sonys fault?! Deary me.... :facepalm:

I'm just looking for a response from sms employees if it's getting patched in not just random forummers telling me stuff that's clearly not accurate. I've provided links proving it 's still actively supported in other games so blaming it on Sony is clearly a cop out.

Here you go.

Will PS3 peripherals such as fighting sticks and steering wheels work with the PS4 system?
Generally speaking, no. However, at launch, users will be able to use these controllers if a specific game title allows it to be used within the game. This decision is upon the game developer and will vary from game to game.

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/10/30/playstation-4-the-ultimate-faq/#sect5

1. Sony clearly said that PS3 steering wheels will only have limited Support on the PS4. This was posted on their Website and accessible to every PS4 owner.

2. We never made any promises that your wheels will be future proof and 100% compatible with any upcoming PS4 game. In fact DriveClub was the first racing game on PS4 and it was never compatible. All owners of a CSW V2 could have known that and we clearly made big warnings on our product page that compatibility depends on the support of the game developer. We were never hiding anything and we did not try to mislead anybody. Please do not blame us if you did not read or believe in the big warnings in the the product description.

[quote]
4. Official PS4 wheels require a security chip. The only way to get such a chip is to make an agreement with Sony.

https://www.fanatec.com/forum/discussion/187/playstation-compatibility/

So next time, to assure maximum compatibility, buy a wheel that is 100% compatible and supported by the platform you intend to use.

Titzon Toast
22-09-2017, 07:50
Does t500 working fine o pc2? Can I buy it without regrets?

It works, most of the time. I lost all ffb a couple of times last night. A quick trip to the pits sorted it out, not really ideal if I was starting an online race though.

Also, once or twice when loading into a lobby my wheel tried to spin itself all the way around to the right. It happened to my friend on his Fanatec wheel at the exact same time.
This used to happen a fair bit in PCars 1, if you're not sitting in your rig to stop it you could burn out your motor very easily as the game keeps forcing the wheel to keep turning.

Titzon Toast
22-09-2017, 07:55
Here you go.

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/10/30/playstation-4-the-ultimate-faq/#sect5

[quote]
1. Sony clearly said that PS3 steering wheels will only have limited Support on the PS4. This was posted on their Website and accessible to every PS4 owner.

2. We never made any promises that your wheels will be future proof and 100% compatible with any upcoming PS4 game. In fact DriveClub was the first racing game on PS4 and it was never compatible. All owners of a CSW V2 could have known that and we clearly made big warnings on our product page that compatibility depends on the support of the game developer. We were never hiding anything and we did not try to mislead anybody. Please do not blame us if you did not read or believe in the big warnings in the the product description.

So next time, to assure maximum compatibility, buy a wheel that is 100% compatible and supported by the platform you intend to use.

My wheel is a PS3 wheel, it works with PCars 2.

EDIT

A very big thank you to SMS for supporting it.

adsmith
22-09-2017, 08:33
Hey guys....just to confirm the t500 doesnt work!!! Stupid stupid stupid. Just wasted £74!! On a download..what can I Do.absolutely furious.. I didn't expect for it not to work!!!

adsmith
22-09-2017, 08:38
How did your wheel work?! Mine doesn't?t500 Ferrari pcars2

adsmith
22-09-2017, 08:39
[QUOTE=oscarolim;1357031]Here you go.

My wheel is a PS3 wheel, it works with PCars 2.

EDIT

A very big thank you to SMS for supporting it.

How did your wheel work on pcars2?
My t500 Ferrari won't work on pcars2

Siberian Tiger
22-09-2017, 08:40
T500RS is supported on PS4. Are you sure that you select the Splashscreen on the Wheel rather the the Controller?

Titzon Toast
22-09-2017, 08:40
Hey guys....just to confirm the t500 doesnt work!!! Stupid stupid stupid. Just wasted £74!! On a download..what can I Do.absolutely furious.. I didn't expect for it not to work!!!

Mine works, mostly. Start the game using your wheel, not your controller.

Titzon Toast
22-09-2017, 08:41
[QUOTE=Titzon Toast;1357042]

How did your wheel work on pcars2?
My t500 Ferrari won't work on pcars2

Start the game with your wheel.

adsmith
22-09-2017, 09:03
[QUOTE=adsmith;1357127]

Start the game with your wheel.

Guys

I finally got It to connect using the original t500 wheel not the ferrari ad on tho..
Shame

solocapers
22-09-2017, 09:06
Here you go.

I understand that the device isnt explicetly supported by Sony on the platform. Its up to the developer to support, which is even more annoying given it was supported in P Cars 1!! Theres literally no real reason not to use the same code from the first game to make the wheel work.

This decision is upon the game developer and will vary from game to game

.... however it doesnt stop me being very annoyed by the situation given the support for the wheel by other devs on games released within weeks of Project Cars 2. Especially given it was supported on Project cars 1.. on the same platform.

My wheel (Thrustmaster t100) IS compatible with Driveclub, Dirt Rally, Project Cars, Dirt 4, F1 2017, Assetto Corsa and GT Sport on the PS4. How can everyone else support it?

However, the only racing game its NOT compatible with is Project Cars 2. It stinks as the devs have clearly decided to just not bother. Its extremely frustrating and extremely disappointing.

Ohh and Project cars 2 supports the Thrustmaster t500RS which is a PS3 wheel which doesnt have the 'magic chip.' Its BS..blaming it on the security chip. Its up to the devs to support it IF its a ps3 era wheel.

Sessionerror
22-09-2017, 09:10
Guys

I finally got It to connect using the original t500 wheel not the ferrari ad on tho..
Shame

That might be an important hint. Two guys in our community report problems as well and they're both using the Ferrari Add-On.

oscarolim
22-09-2017, 09:11
Because Fanatec has been the only one (as far as I know) that was open about the issue, since everyone else seems afraid to speak against Sony.
However, the rules are the same for everyone.
You can go to Sony website and see which wheels have the PS4 security chip, and hence officially supported. Everything else might or might not work, might be or might not be 100% reliable.

Blame Sony for making it hard, as you have to support one by one, instead of how it worked on PS3. And GT Sport has been dropped on latest beta, so don't be surprised if is not supported on the final version either.

Titzon Toast
22-09-2017, 09:13
[QUOTE=adsmith;1357163]

That might be an important hint. Two guys in our community report problems as well and they're both using the Ferrari Add-On.

That's unusual alright, I'm using the GT28 Leather add-on and it's mostly problem free.

HenryT23
22-09-2017, 09:13
[QUOTE=adsmith;1357163]

try to change the usb port

zimbarbaluba
22-09-2017, 09:32
I've noticed a similar problem (it sometimes existed in pcars 1 too) where you have to turn off the normal controller, then start the game with the wheel. Once the game has started, you can turn on the normal controller again. This is not good if you forget, eventually find a decent looking online lobby, leave the pitlane and then realise the wheel hasn't been recognised!

Titzon Toast
22-09-2017, 09:35
I've noticed a similar problem (it sometimes existed in pcars 1 too) where you have to turn off the normal controller, then start the game with the wheel. Once the game has started, you can turn on the normal controller again. This is not good if you forget, eventually find a decent looking online lobby, leave the pitlane and then realise the wheel hasn't been recognised!

Has your wheel tried to spin hard to the right when joining a lobby yet? Watch out for it, it could really damage your wheel if you don't catch it in time.

Siberian Tiger
22-09-2017, 09:37
[QUOTE=Sessionerror;1357174]

That's unusual alright, I'm using the GT28 Leather add-on and it's mostly problem free.

No, the Ferrari Wheel has Extended Functionality which are in a separate Driver afaik. The GT28 runs on the Standard Firmware of the Original Rim.

dannydizzal
22-09-2017, 09:44
I have a Fanatec GT2 RS, All works with PC1 fine. This morning I cannot get the game to put the wheel in to PS mode. I take it it simply isn't supported. Rather annoying as you would think it would be the same as PC1.

Titzon Toast
22-09-2017, 09:46
I have a Fanatec GT2 RS, All works with PC1 fine. This morning I cannot get the game to put the wheel in to PS mode. I take it it simply isn't supported. Rather annoying as you would think it would be the same as PC1.

I replied in the thread you started in the Technical Support section man, you're out of luck unfortunately.
You'll either need to buy a ChronusMax or a new wheel.
I'm sorry for your trouble.

adsmith
22-09-2017, 09:58
It works, most of the time. I lost all ffb a couple of times last night. A quick trip to the pits sorted it out, not really ideal if I was starting an online race though.

Also, once or twice when loading into a lobby my wheel tried to spin itself all the way around to the right. It happened to my friend on his Fanatec wheel at the exact same time.
This used to happen a fair bit in PCars 1, if you're not sitting in your rig to stop it you could burn out your motor very easily as the game keeps forcing the wheel to keep turning.

I now can only get my wheel t500 standard not ferrari add on to work intermittently...its not recognised throughout load up for pcars2..when I got it to work I don't really know how I did it!!?
Also when I was in I had no ffb.. went to raw and the other 2 nothimg.

Sessionerror
22-09-2017, 10:01
No, the Ferrari Wheel has Extended Functionality which are in a separate Driver afaik. The GT28 runs on the Standard Firmware of the Original Rim.

So I guess this driver is missing currently and needs to be delivered in an upcoming patch for Project CARS 2? Therefore, all T500 users should use the original rim or GT28 until then.

Sessionerror
22-09-2017, 11:00
Update from our community: The Ferrari Add-On seems to work, but as soon as the Thrustmaster TH8A is connected, it's not being recognised.

adsmith
22-09-2017, 11:09
Update from our community: The Ferrari Add-On seems to work, but as soon as the Thrustmaster TH8A is connected, it's not being recognised.

Ah ok I'l check that.
Anyone else have trouble with alot of force feedback on the t500 standard rim?
Also trying to input my own assigments to the wheel and keyboard and it's saying more than one input was detected?
I've disconnected the th8 hear stick now.
Cheers ads

blankfile
22-09-2017, 11:18
yes t500 has massive ffb on default settings.

some settings reccomended from another wmd user:
Informative
Gain: 100
Volume: 27
Tone: 35
FX: 10

but ofcourse you can change to whatever you favor. especially volume needs to be lowered a lot

Bad Wolf
22-09-2017, 14:52
so yesterday (21 september) i started or rather tried to start the game using t500rs, the game did'nt run only when using the ps4 controller it would run. am not a big fan of playing with controller its just not realistic. that was around midnight european time, spendig about three hours searching online for this issue, started pc1 and then the wheel was working in pc2. go figure, played the game a few hours and went to sleep. today (22 september) i wanted to continue where i'd stopped, same issue, wheel not working... am slightly mad at this point. so now i disconnected the th8a shifter, what i'm sure off i did'nt do yesterday to make the wheel work, hmm... well totally undrivable, went out the game and luckally it runs whihout th8a connected. in career with kart is horrible to drive and the ai is droppng one by one, wen i try to adjust seat and go slightly to far back i see a body with no head? so now i try a private practice with mercedes gr.a and also here a body with no head, what a nice game... being sarcastic now aye! after 6 laps of training the game suddenly crached (CE-34878-0) yeah am so happy spending 99€ on this peace of garbage. sorry for my rudeness but i'm becomming more than 'SLIGHTLY MAD' now... i can understand if someone feels the need to use the 'F' word :(

gufazi
22-09-2017, 15:16
USA. Thrustmaster T300RS. Digital Deluxe Version.

The wheel is not being recognized in game. All other functions work (PS, direction pad) on PS4 homepage and on other games. Please help!

Others have mentioned plugging in only the wheel (tried that), plugging in the wheel after the start (tried that), not plugging in the shifter (tried that) and nothing works!

The only thing I haven't tried is rolling back the 1.03 patch which was mentioned on another board. I don't how to do that with the digital version. Any other ideas?

gaz6k
22-09-2017, 15:31
Project cars 2 burned out my t500 rs wheel when first turned on. Now I have to buy new wheel. Great start, just great.:mad:

Titzon Toast
22-09-2017, 16:19
Project cars 2 burned out my t500 rs wheel when first turned on. Now I have to buy new wheel. Great start, just great.:mad:

How did that happen please?

DJBLITZKRIEG
22-09-2017, 17:03
FFB and sensitivity on T500rs is extremely bad. Car feels completely disconnected. I have posted this previously, hopefully they will pick up on the issue.

adsmith
22-09-2017, 20:50
so yesterday (21 september) i started or rather tried to start the game using t500rs, the game did'nt run only when using the ps4 controller it would run. am not a big fan of playing with controller its just not realistic. that was around midnight european time, spendig about three hours searching online for this issue, started pc1 and then the wheel was working in pc2. go figure, played the game a few hours and went to sleep. today (22 september) i wanted to continue where i'd stopped, same issue, wheel not working... am slightly mad at this point. so now i disconnected the th8a shifter, what i'm sure off i did'nt do yesterday to make the wheel work, hmm... well totally undrivable, went out the game and luckally it runs whihout th8a connected. in career with kart is horrible to drive and the ai is droppng one by one, wen i try to adjust seat and go slightly to far back i see a body with no head? so now i try a private practice with mercedes gr.a and also here a body with no head, what a nice game... being sarcastic now aye! after 6 laps of training the game suddenly crached (CE-34878-0) yeah am so happy spending 99€ on this peace of garbage. sorry for my rudeness but i'm becomming more than 'SLIGHTLY MAD' now... i can understand if someone feels the need to use the 'F' word :(
Did you try the usb port 2 on ps4?

gufazi
22-09-2017, 20:53
Different USB (closest to disc drive) and shifter plugged into wheel fixed mine (finally)! T300

adsmith
22-09-2017, 20:55
Different USB (closest to disc drive) and shifter plugged into wheel fixed mine (finally)! T300

Mine was the other port furthest away...worked

FlyinJake
22-09-2017, 22:26

I have my T500RS working perfectly with the Ferrari 599Xx EVO 30 add on in Project CARS 2.

gotdirt410sprintcar
22-09-2017, 22:43
I have had no problems with the game great job sms. Let the game complete its down load before starting everything is good on my end

TheJuzzy
22-09-2017, 22:54
Again, can't use a keyboard. Why the hell is keyboards not supported ?

gotdirt410sprintcar
23-09-2017, 00:21
You can use keyboard but it won't let me assign any button but you can navigate with keyboard hmm.