PDA

View Full Version : Project CARS 2 pit stops

ProjectCARSFiend
26-06-2017, 03:29
I just saw in a recent E3 interview that a guy said that you're going to be able to do fully manual pit stops in PC2. Is this true? He sounded pretty legit. If so, will you be able to switch between auto and manual pit stops, and what's going to happen if you "run over your pit crew" or hit other cars? Or hasn't this last bit been figured out yet?

Invincible
26-06-2017, 06:37
I just saw in a recent E3 interview that a guy said that you're going to be able to do fully manual pit stops in PC2. Is this true? He sounded pretty legit. If so, will you be able to switch between auto and manual pit stops, and what's going to happen if you "run over your pit crew" or hit other cars? Or hasn't this last bit been figured out yet?

Yes it is true. You can do fully manual pitstops, but you also can do automatic ones if you want to, or CBA to hit the pitbox target area. So yes, you can overshoot and miss your box.
I have to check back on how the collision is solved, but I think you're ghosted. But don't pin me down on that until I've reconfirmed it. You'll get teleported into the correct position if you're about to hit a someone from your crew.

Konan
26-06-2017, 06:39
Damn...ninja'd before i could even post...:cool:

Konan
26-06-2017, 06:50
As for the "hitting people/cars...i've looked it up and there is an "invisible funnel" to guide you along...when missing this your car will be "reset" to the proper position...
Mind you,this i found in a WIP thread so improvements/changes are still possible...

Andy Garton
26-06-2017, 09:48
As for the "hitting people/cars...i've looked it up and there is an "invisible funnel" to guide you along...when missing this your car will be "reset" to the proper position...
Mind you,this i found in a WIP thread so improvements/changes are still possible...
It won't be like this (because it would suck).

Konan
26-06-2017, 09:54
I guess it won't be like that then...lol

*walks away with egg on his face*

Francisnf
26-06-2017, 09:58
You guys are doing a sterling job by the sounds of it.

Any chance you can buy the F1 license?! :) would be amazing to see it in your obviously very capable hands.

Rambo_Commando
26-06-2017, 14:47
You guys are doing a sterling job by the sounds of it.

Any chance you can buy the F1 license?! :) would be amazing to see it in your obviously very capable hands.

I've got my fingers crossed. Hopefully, with Liberty Media in control, SMS will be able to release official F1 content. How amazing it would be if Pcars3 had all the teams and drivers from F1, Indy and NASCAR.

breyzipp
26-06-2017, 14:52
Much rather see them get the WEC license and all cars. :-)

WTCC and V8 Supercars would be nice too.

NASCAR and Indycar are far on the bottom of my license wish list. And F1, well Codies isn't doing a bad job with that including ALL the tracks from the calendar. Hope they will do the same with WRX for the next Dirt game as well.

Konan
26-06-2017, 15:23
*door opens*

Who could it be?

"Hi, i'm Remco"

*lifts hand*

"And this is my law"

LOL

Mahjik
26-06-2017, 15:42
Back on topic (it's pitstops if you guys and gals forgot the thread title... ;) ).

dault3883
26-06-2017, 17:09
will there be a pit road speed limiter button?

Mahjik
26-06-2017, 17:27
Yes

Roger Prynne
26-06-2017, 17:28
^ Yep

dault3883
26-06-2017, 17:30
Great i got one last button on my button box reserved for it

Mad Al
26-06-2017, 18:23
As long as it's not the Pit Speed Lane Pit Lane.... button (and also press to talk)

Or worse still that Superhero..

"I am - Pit Lane, Speed LIMITEEER!"

(Roger, that one's for you... ;) )

dault3883
26-06-2017, 18:24
As long as it's not the Pit Speed Lane Pit Lane.... button (and also press to talk)

i only assign one function to each switch unless its a sway bar adjustment button then flipping the switch up adds and down takes away

Roger Prynne
26-06-2017, 18:55

Thanks for that buddy :highly_amused:

breyzipp
27-06-2017, 00:37
So let's say the pit speed is 80 km/h. If you slow down to let's say 100 km/h and press this button then you further slow down to 80 km/h right? It's like the speed limiter in a car that has cruise control?

You will remain in whatever gear you were in I suppose even if you drop really low in revs?

dault3883
27-06-2017, 00:46
So let's say the pit speed is 80 km/h. If you slow down to let's say 100 km/h and press this button then you further slow down to 80 km/h right? It's like the speed limiter in a car that has cruise control?

You will remain in whatever gear you were in I suppose even if you drop really low in revs?

good question breyzipp i forgot to ask about the internal workings of the speedlimiter

snipeme77
27-06-2017, 00:49

Not exactly, if you come in at 100 km/h and hit the button, the car will lose power until you coast or brake to get down under the speed limit. Then you'll get power back and the car will say at 80 km/h as long as you continue to give it throttle. It's less like cruise control and more like a computer regulated governor, it just shuts and opens the throttle automatically to keep at or under the speed limit.

dault3883
27-06-2017, 00:54
Not exactly, if you come in at 100 km/h and hit the button, the car will lose power until you coast or brake to get down under the speed limit. Then you'll get power back and the car will say at 80 km/h as long as you continue to give it throttle. It's less like cruise control and more like a computer regulated governor, it just shuts and opens the throttle automatically to keep at or under the speed limit.

so we would need to hit it a little before entering the pits to avoid a pit road speeding penalty if penalty's are on

snipeme77
27-06-2017, 00:58
so we would need to hit it a little before entering the pits to avoid a pit road speeding penalty if penalty's are on

Yeah, you would have to slow to pit road speed, then hit the button the not get a penalty. If you cross the pit road entrance line and you're over the speed limit, limiter on or not it's a penalty.

dault3883
27-06-2017, 03:33
Yeah, you would have to slow to pit road speed, then hit the button the not get a penalty. If you cross the pit road entrance line and you're over the speed limit, limiter on or not it's a penalty.

#ConservativePitRoadEntry

Roger Prynne
27-06-2017, 10:48
Don't tell me you guys have never used the pit speed limiter in a racing game before or seen it in RL.

RacingAtHome
27-06-2017, 10:57
Don't tell me you guys have never used the pit speed limiter in a racing game before or seen it in RL.

In fairness, it wasn't in F1 2016 and many other games don't.

breyzipp
27-06-2017, 11:58

Console racer, so no. Looking forward to it though. :)

dault3883
27-06-2017, 12:10

iv honestly never seen it in another game that had a pit speed limiter Button only the computer controlling the car once in the pits like pcars1 did

Roger Prynne
27-06-2017, 12:29
RF2 and iRacing do, as far as I know.

dault3883
27-06-2017, 14:07
RF2 and iRacing do, as far as I know.

Iv never played either. I looked into rfactor, but as i dont understand how to do mods, even after watching countless videos on it i negated that idea. And i hate the idea of having to pay monthly for a game like you do with Iracing, so that eliminated that .

banner77amc
27-06-2017, 16:11
Yes it is true. You can do fully manual pitstops, but you also can do automatic ones if you want to, or CBA to hit the pitbox target area. So yes, you can overshoot and miss your box.
I have to check back on how the collision is solved, but I think you're ghosted. But don't pin me down on that until I've reconfirmed it. You'll get teleported into the correct position if you're about to hit a someone from your crew.

Perhaps make it like the Oregon Trail... you can lose crew mates due to injury or typhoid until you have to get out of the car and pit it yourself.

Roger Prynne
27-06-2017, 17:43
Iv never played either. I looked into rfactor, but as i dont understand how to do mods, even after watching countless videos on it i negated that idea. And i hate the idea of having to pay monthly for a game like you do with Iracing, so that eliminated that .

JFYI you don't need to know how to do mods as you just subscribe to them in Steam, and then it's installed for you.

Trippul G
27-06-2017, 19:51
Perhaps make it like the Oregon Trail... you can lose crew mates due to injury or typhoid until you have to get out of the car and pit it yourself.

I can see it now...your tires are worn, running low on fuel, you dive into the pits hoping not to lose too many positions, and..."front jack man has died of dysentery." :p

dault3883
27-06-2017, 20:41
I can see it now...your tires are worn, running low on fuel, you dive into the pits hoping not to lose too many positions, and..."front jack man has died of dysentery." :p

and lost one of the tire changers cause they were scalped by a comanche indian

cxMilk
27-06-2017, 21:14
As long as it happens to the guy who keeps dropping wheel nuts, I'm ok with this.

DECATUR PLAYA
28-06-2017, 05:36
I can't wait for this thread after the game releases. It should be some real good arguments in this one.

Konan
28-06-2017, 06:08
BRING 'EM ON!

LOL

hkraft300
28-06-2017, 11:13
As long as it happens to the guy who keeps dropping wheel nuts, I'm ok with this.

Speaking of, will we see the pit crew fumble with the wheel nut, drop it, then superman dive trying to save it from going down the drain, then give up and run in the garage to find a spare...?

Invincible
28-06-2017, 11:17
Speaking of, will we see the pit crew fumble with the wheel nut, drop it, then superman dive trying to save it from going down the drain, then give up and run in the garage to find a spare...?

And then his colleague smacks him on the helmet for fumbling the nut which does then result in a fistfight of the whole pitcrew. The last man standing will then tighten your wheels again and release you out of the pits.

Konan
28-06-2017, 11:19
I heard they even forget the steering wheel sometimes...:p

Sankyo
28-06-2017, 12:56
Since the game will be PEGI 3, I don't think we'll see anyone fumbling nuts in the game.

*grabs coat, closes door*

Roger Prynne
28-06-2017, 13:06
And then his colleague smacks him on the helmet for fumbling the nut which does then result in a fistfight of the whole pitcrew. The last man standing will then tighten your wheels again and release you out of the pits.

That's got to be painful :hurt:
If anyone smacked me on the helmet I'd smack them right in the mouth :mad:

*Also grabs coat, closes door*

Invincible
28-06-2017, 13:41
With all the Mods now out of the door, we can finally start being serious.

banner77amc
28-06-2017, 13:46
Just throwing this out there...238334

Mad Al
28-06-2017, 14:05
I always make sure I have a pair of nuts on me at all times..

*Grabs the spare coat and opens the... Roger.. Roger... FFS.. ROGER!.. you locked the bloody door again!*

hkraft300
28-06-2017, 14:19

You deviant!

Coat please.

Konan
28-06-2017, 14:29
Ok...i gather i'm the only one left in here?
*oooh...it's scary in here al alone...*
"Hey guys WAAAAAIT FOR MEEEEE!"

Ok...back on topic:
Out for a pitstop now...:cool:

Roger Prynne
28-06-2017, 15:23

*Grabs the spare coat and opens the... Roger.. Roger... FFS.. ROGER!.. you locked the bloody door again!*

Sorry Al, but I was being chased by a couple of nuts.

KANETAKER
28-06-2017, 16:22
Just throwing this out there...238334

I see that some people ask to see real accidents in pits (Which I also agree for can see him at PCARS2 =) ), but it seems that until now nobody has asked about the physics of the accidents of the cars in track, that they are more dynamic and realistic. Nor is it to ask to see blood/gore, but it is quite false to see how a Go Kart and its pilot do not fly flying through the air when a GT3 crashes against him at full speed (at PCARS1).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW3NDGk6YQE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=418qRUOaoO0&t

hkraft300
28-06-2017, 16:32
...but it is quite false to see how a Go Kart and its pilot do not fly flying through the air when a GT3 crashes against him at full speed (at PCARS1).

A long time ago...

In a forum post far, far away...

Ian Bell said he'd like to, and they are capable of having cars destroyed and bodies flying realistically from collisions and crashes.
But they are limited by manufacturers license agreements and PEGI-3 rating restrictions.

ELAhrairah
28-06-2017, 16:51
A long time ago...

Ian Bell said he'd like to, and they are capable of having cars destroyed and bodies flying realistically from collisions and crashes.
But they are limited by manufacturers license agreements and PEGI-3 rating restrictions.

And that is why we should have x-rated race sims with sex on the bonnet and blood on the wall baby.
Seriously I do agee with Kane , the crashes are not quite "organic". ;)
Pcars1 definitly missed atmosphere if you ask me. Needs more action around the track and nicer crash physics although Ian said why they were handcuffed on those and I understand why he can't but still its too bad.

Might we ask for flags around the track this time round? So stewards waving them or just lights.

Edit: lights are there but would like to see marshalls waving flags

hkraft300
28-06-2017, 16:56
Car contact physics has been significantly upgraded for pc2 though.
Obvious from the many gameplay videos floating around where you see contact.

banner77amc
28-06-2017, 17:17
And that is why we should have x-rated race sims with sex on the bonnet and blood on the wall baby.
Seriously I do agee with Kane , the crashes are not quite "organic". ;)
Pcars1 definitly missed atmosphere if you ask me. Needs more action around the track and nicer crash physics although Ian said why they were handcuffed on those and I understand why he can't but still its too bad.

Might we ask for flags around the track this time round? So stewards waving them or just lights.

Yeah I want some sort of "let me know there is a wreck" and I want to see the computer cars have themselves limp along without a tire from time to time.

Trippul G
28-06-2017, 17:54
Marshals waving flags would be cool. I just hope they get the flag system itself worked out...the other day in PCARS1 I was qualifying, and on the lap that I set pole, I was getting blue flags the entire lap. o_O

dault3883
28-06-2017, 18:33
im going to try to do a matt kenseth and slide into my pit stall backwards LOL

Mad Al
28-06-2017, 19:34
Sorry Al, but I was being chased by a couple of nuts.

Are you sure they were nuts.. looked like a fairly well rounded pair to me...

Roger Prynne
28-06-2017, 19:42
Yeah they were definitely nuts, and they were very mad Al, that's why I locked the door.

Roger Prynne
28-06-2017, 21:43
I think that's enough OT for today guys :barbershop_quartet_

Konan
28-06-2017, 21:46
Huh...he says with only 15 minutes of day left...

Roger Prynne
28-06-2017, 22:00
Haha, that's why I posted when I did.

Actually it was 1 1/4 hrs for me at the time.

dault3883
28-06-2017, 23:01
A long time ago...

I HATE the PEGI rating system i think on car racing games its stupid and pointless the kids that play these games watch the races on tv and see much worse

Sankyo
29-06-2017, 12:40

In the early days, crashes in pC1 looked quite realistic with the cars tumbling and bouncing convincingly and parts flying all over the place. Car manufacturers don't want that stuff to look realistic, though personally I find it hard to understand why since no-one is fooled by indestructable cars in video games. Would be funny though to have a car manufacturer forbidding realistic damage in a racing sim, and then getting sued by someone who got in a real car crash and finding that the real car got a lot more damage than the race sim made him/her believe it would get.