PDA

View Full Version : Project CARS 2 PC System Requirements

Pages : 1 [2]

TheManAlive
07-10-2017, 13:50
I am currently running a i5 4690k and a 1070 and it just about runs in vr. Contemplating an upgrade, is the i7 7700 worth it over the i5 for project cars2? My other main game is iracing nd I know it won’t much difference, but just wanted to know if the jump is worth it for this game?

Mohammadsab
08-10-2017, 18:26
Hi just have
Gtx960M
I7 6700
8gb Ram
So can I run that in high or Ultra;)?

Tbolt
08-10-2017, 18:39
I would say medium to high - you won't be able to run everything on high and get good frame rates ( based on 1920x1080 ).

ctzn
08-10-2017, 18:59
Medium to high at best. You will have to sacrifice some settings to run with decent frames with a larger grid and weather.

Mohammadsab
08-10-2017, 19:13
Ok high is even fine:) what about ram I see min is 8gb.There shouldn't be any problem for that. Right?

Tbolt
08-10-2017, 19:33
Ok high is even fine:) what about ram I see min is 8gb.There shouldn't be any problem for that. Right?

That's fine, you can run it with 6.

ctzn
08-10-2017, 19:43
You can always refund on Steam if you are not satisfied or can't run it properly.

You have two hours play time/14 days to decide.

Mahjik
08-10-2017, 22:00
Your biggest hurdle is that you will be using a laptop. Most laptops will thermal throttle (i.e. it gets too hot, it pulls performance).

Gofresh38
09-10-2017, 14:04
hello, I would like to buy project cars 2 but I ask myself, if the performance of my pc are sufficient , and what graphic quality: low / medium / high

i7 4720 hq 2.60 GHz
GTX 960M 4gb
8 GB RAM
OS WINDOWS 10 64 bit

Thank you in advance and good road ! :)

could_do_better
09-10-2017, 14:11
I would say the performance will generally be good.

You may have low FPS with very large single player grid sizes (>20), bad weather. Keep reflections, environment map, shadows to low, turn off detailed grass and use sensible AA settings and it will certainly be playable in 1080p. If you laptop screen is lower resolution then performance will be better again.

The main game is highly multi threaded so your lowish clock speed but plentiful cores will be OK

Mohammadsab
09-10-2017, 14:46
Tnk u guys.wish me luck to get high setting;).even I don't get I would enjoy the race.

IJerichoI
09-10-2017, 14:54
Adding to this I think this game still looks good with medium settings. If you set AA to only SMAA, it should be ok for a Laptop screen. Pulls much less power than MSAA and should do it if you run your native resolution. OFC this is subjective, so may not work for you too.

hagar147
17-10-2017, 18:25
Hi guys, I am strongly considering purchasing a new GPU as with the current one (see signature) I am only able to get 35FPS on Medium settings.
Any suggestions as to which one I should be buying? I have my eyes on the MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6G Gaming X+. Will that be sufficient to run the game at 60FPS on triple monitors?

Looking forward to your feedback.
Cheers!

Krus Control
17-10-2017, 20:08
Hi guys, I am strongly considering purchasing a new GPU as with the current one (see signature) I am only able to get 35FPS on Medium settings.
Any suggestions as to which one I should be buying? I have my eyes on the MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6G Gaming X+. Will that be sufficient to run the game at 60FPS on triple monitors?

Cheers!

Probably no. But maybe on the lowest settings.

F1_Racer68
17-10-2017, 23:54

Cheers!

I would say yes. See my specs in my signature.

I am running most settings on Medium with some on High and am holding a steady 60 FPS. I'm actually plannign to get a similar card myself next month (Zotac GTX 1060 Amp! 6GB). I did use the -fpscap 70 launch option jsut to save a bit of power on the card.

Main reason for me wanting the upgrade is due to the triple screen demands on the game. I am currently running 4 monitors off of that single card (3 for the game, 1 for telelmetry apps). My current card is working, but it's still the older architecture and only a 2GB card.

alex_schoenheit
23-10-2017, 00:53
So I built my computer about a year and a half or two years ago, and I can run Project Cars 1 on ultra at about 60 FPS, she runs like a champ. Project Cars 2 was just released, but the required hardware is insane. Despite being able to run the original PC on ultra and have it run smoothly, websites such as game-debate are saying I can not even run Project Cars 2 on minimum.
I know sometimes games set a minimum hardware requirement but can run less than that, and was hoping it would be the case here too.

Can someone help me out and tell me if I can actually run it or not?

Proc: 3.50 GHz AMD FX-8320 Eight Core Processor
Graphics: AMD r9 270 PowerColor (I believe its the PC version at least)
8 gb of ram

And if I can't run it, why would SMS make such insanse system requirements? Like a GTX 1080 is reccommended? seriously?

Thanks

poirqc
23-10-2017, 00:57
So I built my computer about a year and a half or two years ago, and I can run Project Cars 1 on ultra at about 60 FPS, she runs like a champ. Project Cars 2 was just released, but the required hardware is insane. Despite being able to run the original PC on ultra and have it run smoothly, websites such as game-debate are saying I can not even run Project Cars 2 on minimum.
I know sometimes games set a minimum hardware requirement but can run less than that, and was hoping it would be the case here too.

Can someone help me out and tell me if I can actually run it or not?

Proc: 3.50 GHz AMD FX-8320 Eight Core Processor
Graphics: AMD r9 270 PowerColor (I believe its the PC version at least)
8 gb of ram

And if I can't run it, why would SMS make such insanse system requirements? Like a GTX 1080 is reccommended? seriously?

Thanks

I run with a i5 2400 with a GTX 960. It's butter smooth with track on ultra and cars on high. I just lower the rest.

alex_schoenheit
23-10-2017, 01:00
are the i5 2400 and gtx960 better than my hardware or are they about the same?

Mad Al
23-10-2017, 01:17
are the i5 2400 and gtx960 better than my hardware or are they about the same?

the 960 is about 40% stronger than the R9 270.. (it's 2 years newer as well, as the 270 is a 4 year old card that was a rehash of a previous card)

the minimum requirement is considerably lower than the 1080.. it's a GTX680 which is about the same speed as a 1050Ti

You can always get it on Steam, try it out for up to two hours and if it doesn't work well enough.. get a refund

F2kSel
23-10-2017, 01:30
My pc is below min spec and runs well enough for me. True my GPU is better than my previous GTX680 which died just before release but that card seemed ok in Beta.
I'm not even overclocking my CPU these days.

rosgillies
23-10-2017, 09:55
AMD!!! Seriously? and you want to know why they recommend Nvidia?

Bankai_Bullett
15-11-2017, 02:47
Hey there... me again!

Got a request.
So, I bought PC2 and installed it on my laptop... and it runs (YAAAAY!)... but I have this frame drop issue every now and then.
Now, it's HIGHLY off-putting and it's not like I'm doing silly things like Thunderstorm/Midnight races (Haze is the worst weather I've tried so far)... and the number of cars on track don't seem to matter either, as it happens when it's just me too.

I was hoping somebody could help me fix it... as no matter what I attempt, no dice.
Lowered resolution, low settings, low bloody everything... nada.

Specs are:
i5-7300HQ@2.50
GTX 1050
8GB Ram

*Goes fetal and weeps in corner*
Please... someone help!

Bankai_Bullett
20-11-2017, 15:38
Hey there... me again!

Got a request.
So, I bought PC2 and installed it on my laptop... and it runs (YAAAAY!)... but I have this frame drop issue every now and then.
Now, it's HIGHLY off-putting and it's not like I'm doing silly things like Thunderstorm/Midnight races (Haze is the worst weather I've tried so far)... and the number of cars on track don't seem to matter either, as it happens when it's just me too.

I was hoping somebody could help me fix it... as no matter what I attempt, no dice.
Lowered resolution, low settings, low bloody everything... nada.

Specs are:
i5-7300HQ@2.50
GTX 1050
8GB Ram

*Goes fetal and weeps in corner*
Please... someone help!

Never mind... I've sorted it now.
Got a stable 50fps on medium/high settings, which is nice :)

Vekh
28-07-2018, 23:49
The Demo works fine but canyourunit says I can't run the game.

Should I be capable of running the game if the demo works or is the actual game that much harder on the system?

Want to post the setup but it says it contains a link so can't do that for some reason.

Ryori San
29-07-2018, 09:40

Should I be capable of running the game if the demo works or is the actual game that much harder on the system?

Want to post the setup but it says it contains a link so can't do that for some reason.

What are your PC specs, Vekh?

Vekh
29-07-2018, 11:23
Can't post since the spamfiltre blocks it due to it containing a link, somehow.

F1_Racer68
29-07-2018, 12:34

If the demo works fine, then you should be ok.

Sites like "canyourunit" use the posted Minimum System Requirements as their guideline. It has been my experience that the Minimum System Requirements for PC2 are a bit higher than the really need to be.

The demo is pretty demanding, given that it has rain in at least 1 of the races. Just be aware that you will probably need to keep most graphics settings fairly low if your system is below minimum specs.

Vekh
29-07-2018, 15:15
If the demo works fine, then you should be ok.

Sites like "canyourunit" use the posted Minimum System Requirements as their guideline. It has been my experience that the Minimum System Requirements for PC2 are a bit higher than the really need to be.

The demo is pretty demanding, given that it has rain in at least 1 of the races. Just be aware that you will probably need to keep most graphics settings fairly low if your system is below minimum specs.

Thanks for the answer, I hope you're right.