PDA

View Full Version : What wheel to buy?

Buster23230
27-06-2017, 19:20
Looking for advice on what wheel to buy for my PS4, just started playing and started online take it it's better to use a wheel rather than controller? I had a wheel for PS3 but was just a cheap one and was rubbish?

Also what's best way to find decent people to race online, as I'm just a novice you try race other novices and you with have folk just crashing for fun or people who are far to fast for novice races, I've raced couple of races in amateur but can't keep up.

Cheers for any help

Sankyo
27-06-2017, 19:53
What's your budget? :)

Buster23230
27-06-2017, 20:38
No more than 250

dault3883
27-06-2017, 20:44
No more than 250

Logetech G29 is a all around good wheel that comes with wheel and pedals for 165.97 & FREE Delivery in the UK. on Amazon.co.uk right now and if your a beginner and not sure about wheels its a beginner friendly wheel too

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-Driving-Force-Racing-UK-Plug/dp/B00YUOVBZK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1498596190&sr=8-1&keywords=logitech+g29

Buster23230
27-06-2017, 20:55
Cheers, I was looking at those wheels, is a gear stick worth while?

Roger Prynne
27-06-2017, 21:00
If you want a sequential or H-Shift gearbox then yes....makes it authentic.

dault3883
27-06-2017, 21:04

and even with the gear shift you would still be under your 250 mark its optional i dont have it but if i did i wouldnt be apposed to it either

hkraft300
28-06-2017, 00:31
Also what's best way to find decent people to race online, as I'm just a novice you try race other novices and you with have folk just crashing for fun or people who are far to fast for novice races, I've raced couple of races in amateur but can't keep up.

Cheers for any help

PS4 MP section (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/forumdisplay.php?135-PS4-Multiplayer-Event-Planning)

Join a league or just throw some invites out. Make some friends :)

Heard its super fun with a shifter once you practice and get used to it.

Some cars are pigs in real life and it's the same in the game.
Most people drive GT3 A shit tonne so they're really fast in only GT3 cars and fall apart in everything else.
Start with slower cars. This "game" is super tricky because there's a lot going on from ffb to car setup to weather and track conditions.
But with an ffb wheel it's fantastic.

BTW check out the G29 thread while you wait for the wheel to arrive :)

dault3883
28-06-2017, 00:55
Me and Hkraft both use the G29 by the way so when were suggesting it to you know that we are talking from experiance with the wheel

clintsimau
23-07-2017, 13:10
What is the best sequential shifter on the market that's compatible with PS4 if any?

dault3883
23-07-2017, 13:20
What is the best sequential shifter on the market that's compatible with PS4 if any?

when you ask a question like that it depends on what your budget is LOL ;)

hkraft300
23-07-2017, 15:37

Tricky question.
What do you mean by "best"? Now that Fanatec has released a PS4 wheel, you might want their shifter. Cost you a pretty penny too.
OR if you have a G29, you could get their cheapo h-shifter, stick some rubber bands on it, remap 3Rd and 4th for up/down and voila it works just as well.
Do thrust master do a sequential shifter?
There's also other upmarket PC-only shifter that are the ducks guts but you know... Sony...

So um... what wheel do you have?

dault3883
23-07-2017, 15:52
if you only want up and down shifts id just stick to the paddle shifters but thats just me honestly the only reason i dont have an H shifter is i have no where to mount it due to i still have to get into the rig and only have one side open due to my laptop tray already trying to figure out how im going to mount the Fanatec Hand brake i want to get

hkraft300
23-07-2017, 15:55
BUT we now have RX cars and a bunch of GT1 cars that are sequential stick shift not paddle shift so would be pretty cool to have.
Sequential stick shift > paddle shift personally, but you know, 90's :)

dault3883
23-07-2017, 15:59
BUT we now have RX cars and a bunch of GT1 cars that are sequential stick shift not paddle shift so would be pretty cool to have.
Sequential stick shift > paddle shift personally, but you know, 90's :)

yea but youve seen pics of my rig Hkraft you know how tight of space im working with i simply dont have the room to have all that due to the mounting rigs it would take LOL id be climbing over stuff and i use my rig for everything including typing this right now LOL

hkraft300
23-07-2017, 16:02
But clintsimau wants one.

dault3883
23-07-2017, 16:05
But clintsimau wants one.

yes lets get back to him he hasnt responed to what wheel he has or what his budget is...budget is a huge factor on HOW GOOD of a shifter he wants

clintsimau
23-07-2017, 20:42
Sorry guys, I have a G29 currently but if I can find a racing style sequential shifter I'm open to upgrading my wheel also.
I have a Sx01 simworx simulator and there shifters are top class but only for PC. I have tossed up whether I should put the PS4 in the cupboard and start building a pc setup so I can untilse some of the products available to make the experience feel a lot more real.

It's only money but the wife doesn't understand spending so many $$$ on just video games as she says haha.

dault3883
23-07-2017, 20:55
Sorry guys, I have a G29 currently but if I can find a racing style sequential shifter I'm open to upgrading my wheel also.
I have a Sx01 simworx simulator and there shifters are top class but only for PC. I have tossed up whether I should put the PS4 in the cupboard and start building a pc setup so I can untilse some of the products available to make the experience feel a lot more real.

It's only money but the wife doesn't understand spending so many $$$ on just video games as she says haha.

the G29 wheel isnt a bad wheel its what me and Hkraft use and you can use any PS4 compatible shifter you just have to decide on a amount you can spend on it

xtro
23-07-2017, 21:07
t300 with th8a and t3pa pedals.. it doesnt get any better in ps4 pice vs quality.. unless you wanna try the new fanatec elite... but is it worth spending a lot more on a wheel than the console ??

hkraft300
24-07-2017, 00:00

The G29 H-shifter I mentioned can be used as a sequential. There's a way to stick rubber bands on it to center it to neutral. Map the buttons and go.
Problem is you'll have to remap the buttons every time you switch cars to a paddle/h-shift.

the new fanatec elite... but is it worth spending a lot more on a wheel than the console ??

But it's so pretty!
That's the best you'll get on console, and if you ditch the console eventually it'll do you well on a PC.
Again the remap buttons issue stands.

Jbpd
25-07-2017, 19:03
T300rs user here the wheel is much better than the g29 but pedals aren't.

I bought an adapter so using the t300rs wheel with a set of old g27 pedals which I think are same as off g29

sroc3
26-07-2017, 15:48
t300 with th8a and t3pa pedals.. it doesnt get any better in ps4 pice vs quality.. unless you wanna try the new fanatec elite... but is it worth spending a lot more on a wheel than the console ??

THIS. I have the exact setup, but with the "Pro" pedals. I had the T150 and this is a pretty amazing jump up from that. I actually used to race/track a lot and the Force Feedback and pedal feel is great on it :) If you don't get the the G29, I'd spend a little more and get this setup instead. Works great on my PS4 as long as you get all the calibration done properly.

Pisshead30
29-07-2017, 12:16
T300rs user here the wheel is much better than the g29 but pedals aren't.

I bought an adapter so using the t300rs wheel with a set of old g27 pedals which I think are same as off g29

Would T300rs gt edition solve the pedal problem since it comes T3PA pedals come with it? Just wondering cos im considering buying a t300

sroc3
31-07-2017, 21:37
Would T300rs gt edition solve the pedal problem since it comes T3PA pedals come with it? Just wondering cos im considering buying a t300

I'd just buy the T300 servo unit, whatever wheel of your choice, and the TP3a-Pro pedals. All separately.