PDA

View Full Version : For the people playing Pcars2: what is the biggest improvement you saw?

ELAhrairah
28-06-2017, 17:16
Without infringing any contractual secrecy clause could say what the biggest improvement is or at least the feeling you have about it?

Mahjik
28-06-2017, 17:52
Everything!

Seriously, of the things that have been talked about from SMS, the driveline changes are near the top. It's brought a new dynamic to the way all of the vehicles drive.

Trippul G
28-06-2017, 18:01
Driveline changes? Could you expand on that a bit more? I'm curious what exactly you're referring to.

ELAhrairah
28-06-2017, 18:08
Everything!

Seriously, of the things that have been talked about from SMS, the driveline changes are near the top. It's brought a new dynamic to the way all of the vehicles drive.

Ok ok sounds good but also a bit vague. ;). What was the biggest "Wooow" moment?

Mahjik
28-06-2017, 18:14
Driveline changes? Could you expand on that a bit more? I'm curious what exactly you're referring to.

The entire driveline of a vehicle. i.e. how the power gets from the engine, to the wheels. So clutch/flywheel, transmission, drive shaft & differential. How the power is delivered to the wheels seems like such a small thing in theory. However, it affects a lot of aspects of driving.

Ok ok sounds good but also a bit vague. ;). What was the biggest "Wooow" moment?

Again, of what has been released/announced, the driveline changes is probably the biggest wow... Mainly as I didn't think it would have the effect that it does have. Close second is the rallycross racing. I never cared for it in the Dirt series, but this is some seriously fun stuff in PC2.

Roger Prynne
28-06-2017, 18:21
What he said ^ as it mirrors my thoughts as well.

ELAhrairah
28-06-2017, 18:32
What he said ^ as it mirrors my thoughts as well.

So the car feels more in contact with the tarmac? Does shifting feel more realistic? Do brakes cool faster in clean air? Do you feel the grip better? Is it the ffb? Can you if you want to a tell us a bit more, like an example?

Roger Prynne
28-06-2017, 19:47
Basically everything feels more realistic.

I know that's a short explanation but I'm to tired to go into depth at the mo.

dault3883
28-06-2017, 19:55

and we wouldnt want you accidentally revealing trade secrets either would we ;)

BullWinkle
28-06-2017, 22:52

You just sold me tired or not. Just Steam'd pre ordered/purchased Project Cars 2 digital deluxe edition X2, (one for my brother). Going to be painfull seeing it there in the Steam Library...doing nothing. LOL. sigh! :)

Cheesenium
29-06-2017, 02:36
I am unsure how much I can talk about Pcars 2's improvements. However, while trending on the thin and dangerous NDA line, I can say that I find the physics had improved a lot from Pcars 1.

The other thing I like about Pcars 2 is the content. So many fantastic cars to drive which I spend more time wondering what to drive and where to drive than driving.

I was at a point that I even deleted Pcars 1 from my PC because I know I won't return to that game. Pcars 2 felt a lot better for me in almost every way.

dault3883
29-06-2017, 03:02
im starting to feel that this thread is putting a lot of the mods and wmd members into the (key Kenny Logins) DANGER ZONE. Be carefull y'all dont want ya's gettin' into trouble

Gethema
29-06-2017, 07:53
One thing I'm particularly interested in - have replays been improved over PC1?

With a mere three monts till release, is there already actual footage out showcasing some nice replays in motion?

Don't get me wrong, but while they somehow did get the job done in PC1, I found this one of the few areas the game could possibly improve upon.

Now, I know that perhaps Gran Turismo's replay fidelity is off the charts, but any improvement would be greatly appreciated :)

Roger Prynne
29-06-2017, 08:37
^ Yes they have very much improved, but that's all I can say at the moment.

Silraed
29-06-2017, 09:12
I was playing around with my graphics settings today to see if there was a point where I could comfortably enable enhanced mirrors without tanking the framerate to unplayable levels and it got me wondering about how mirrors will work in the second game. Will they still only be a choice between simple low draw distance and resolution or crisp longer distance and framerate tanking?

Not sure if that's something you can talk about.

Gethema
29-06-2017, 09:38

Thank you, glad to hear, looking forward to seeing them in action SMS soon!

Invincible
29-06-2017, 09:43
The best improvement for me is the handling, the feel of the cars. They now feel like they actually have weight. Then there's the transition from grip to slide. Many cars in pcars 1 tend to snap around without mercy, whereas in pcars 2 you can control a slide. That is also due to the vast improvement of the tires, which now feel like they're made of rubber. You can now lean onto the tire's carcass in a corner. When you turn in, you feel we weight shifting onto the tire, deforming the carcass. You can feel exactly where the grip limit is and how far you can go before either the tail creeps around or your front washes out.

Then there is the sound which is also a major improvement. You can now nearly hear the air getting sucked into the car, mixed with petrol, getting compressed and ignited and then spat out through the exhaust (yes thats over-exaggarated, but I just want to make a point). The mix of the engine, exhaust, wind, transmission whine, the rolling noise of the tires etc. is just beautiful and worthy of a sound system upgrade for your gaming rig. When I first heard the new sound implementation of a screaming V10, I was sad every time I had to shift up, because I wanted this thing to rev higher and higher.

There are many other things which have been highly improved, but if I would write everything down, I would be typing for hours.

honespc
29-06-2017, 12:02
Game is released in three months. When is this secrecy veil, unveiled?

Mahjik
29-06-2017, 14:09

September 22nd... ;)

dault3883
29-06-2017, 15:28

September 22nd... ;)

that was an obvious answer lol

honespc
29-06-2017, 16:15
Sure you guys enjoy teasing the people like that.

When

dault3883
29-06-2017, 16:50

When

September 22 release date why would they release information before release date that wouldnt make since

honespc
29-06-2017, 16:58
That made a lot of sense.

Roger Prynne
29-06-2017, 17:00

When

When their ready as we don't know!

Invincible
29-06-2017, 17:30
Generally, if something hasn't been communicated by SMS, then we rather keep our mouths shut.
If you have a specific question, ask. There might be a got chance that we can answer it without breaching the NDA.

honespc
29-06-2017, 17:49
If you have a specific question, ask.From another thread:

ok then to anyone using a controller who might want to answer to the question. Can you drive like that in the videos using a controller and auto gears now in pc2?

Mad Al
29-06-2017, 18:31
From another thread:

That depends, Which videos...

(I've done several good videos, unfortunately for various reasons, they've not passed the AG test.. but I'm sure Roger and Co will agree they show pretty good controller driving.. and really cute hedgehogs too :))

Roger Prynne
29-06-2017, 19:41
The videos that I've watched by 'Mad Al' using a controller look very good, and if you didn't know, you would say that he was using a wheel.

Alfisti
30-06-2017, 02:30
The videos that I've watched by 'Mad Al' using a controller look very good, and if you didn't know, you would say that he was using a wheel.

See i was just playing online last night and i could tell the controller users cos around long turns you see the car jabbing so to speak rather than smoothly turn in.

dault3883
30-06-2017, 02:44
See i was just playing online last night and i could tell the controller users cos around long turns you see the car jabbing so to speak rather than smoothly turn in.

where you playing pcars1 because they are talking about pcars2

cluck
30-06-2017, 12:11
Ever the pedant that I am, the biggest difference I saw, playing pCARS2, is the graphics :p . Well, let's face it, this sort of shot just wouldn't be possible with pCARS1 ...

Mahjik
30-06-2017, 12:38
I'd also like to throw out there the dynamic tracks with regards to seasons. It truly is amazing.

Those who have been sim racing since the GTR/GTR2 days remember the few things you could do to change up a track.. i.e. you could download a different sky ring but that was about it. It was green all the time. Eventually, modders would provide alternate texture where you could switch and have something different but you had to have an entirely separate version of the track.
the
With PC2, you simply change the date of the race and you have a whole different environment! Being able to run the Nordschleife in all four seasons of the year alone is an incredible capability to have at the price PC2 is being sold for! ;)

dault3883
30-06-2017, 14:20
I'd also like to throw out there the dynamic tracks with regards to seasons. It truly is amazing.

Those who have been sim racing since the GTR/GTR2 days remember the few things you could do to change up a track.. i.e. you could download a different sky ring but that was about it. It was green all the time. Eventually, modders would provide alternate texture where you could switch and have something different but you had to have an entirely separate version of the track.
the
With PC2, you simply change the date of the race and you have a whole different environment! Being able to run the Nordschleife in all four seasons of the year alone is an incredible capability to have at the price PC2 is being sold for! ;)

running the Nordschliefe in the snow is definately a challenge LOL

hkraft300
30-06-2017, 14:29
How do you the wmd2 guys feel about tuning and it's effects in the game?

From what I gather, the ffb is more informative, the tyres more organic, someone mentioned drive train behaviour/"feel"...

How's the Aero and suspension and alignment effects on various cars?

I'm sure the default setups will be hard to improve on!

DECATUR PLAYA
30-06-2017, 15:19

From what I gather, the ffb is more informative, the tyres more organic, someone mentioned drive train behaviour/"feel"...

Has anyone even talked about the setup process. Big area of interest for me.

Mahjik
30-06-2017, 16:30

Default setups will still be a little on the safe side. For those who will never fine tune their cars (i.e. they just "arrive and drive"), the cars need to be drive-able out of the gate.

I haven't tried to tune every car, but last week I did some tuning with one of the GT cars. I found the tuning to be a lot more sensitive with PC2. Smaller changes made bigger impacts (both positively and negatively). I think those who like to find the best possible performance will have a bigger challenge with PC2. Balancing the tradeoffs on setup choices is likely going to be a "thing" with PC2 (which is where it should be).

dault3883
30-06-2017, 16:37
Default setups will still be a little on the safe side. For those who will never fine tune their cars (i.e. they just "arrive and drive"), the cars need to be drive-able out of the gate.

Thats me i just like to get in and drive iv done my share of set ups on race cars in racing games in the past and no longer care to take the time to do it i no longer have

breyzipp
30-06-2017, 16:51

That'd be for lazy me. Thanks :)

Although in PCARS2 I would like to really start to learn tuning. After several weeks when I get the hang of the new game a bit (racing every car just stock) I want to pick out one car and one track and really focus a while on that combination (probably a time trial). First try it stock a while and see what time I can set, then afterwards with tuning. But I want to make it a detailed forum-event here so that everyone can suggest what to change next. Not sure yet which car and which track, I think preferably a track that is not too long and has a little bit of everything. Also a track that is not too difficult to drive so that lap times are less influenced by driver error. I'm thinking that the Red Bull Ring might be a good one. For the car maybe a medium-speed road car or a GT4 (Porsche Clubman or KTM X-Bow).

But I'll make a separate thread for it somewhere in October. A proper title might be "helping breyzipp with his first tuning babysteps" :P

Konan
30-06-2017, 16:54
...LOL...

vegaguy5555
30-06-2017, 17:46

I think, Pcars2 is the first big name racing sim, to be built after commercial vr release? So it would have been designed with vr in mind.

Has there been noticeable vr improvements??

dault3883
30-06-2017, 18:08
I think, Pcars2 is the first big name racing sim, to be built after commercial vr release? So it would have been designed with vr in mind.

Has there been noticeable vr improvements??

i think that is a big assumption and probably inaccurate sure they would of taken VR into account but they also wouldnt want to exclude their Non Vr users either not every one likes vr or the concept

Alfisti
30-06-2017, 18:32
I drove Asseto Corsa for a few hours and whilst it was nigh on impossible with a controller one could DEFINITELY feel the slide and grip loss better. PCARS1 has a weakness where the front washes away very fast and the rear turns around without you really having a feel for it. PCARS is far superior to AC IMHO but the grip, namely the loss of it, was better on AC.

dault3883
30-06-2017, 18:35
I drove Asseto Corsa for a few hours and whilst it was nigh on impossible with a controller one could DEFINITELY feel the slide and grip loss better. PCARS1 has a weakness where the front washes away very fast and the rear turns around without you really having a feel for it. PCARS is far superior to AC IMHO but the grip, namely the loss of it, was better on AC.

PC2 is going to be better new tire models

DECATUR PLAYA
30-06-2017, 21:15

I haven't tried to tune every car, but last week I did some tuning with one of the GT cars. I found the tuning to be a lot more sensitive with PC2. Smaller changes made bigger impacts (both positively and negatively). I think those who like to find the best possible performance will have a bigger challenge with PC2. Balancing the tradeoffs on setup choices is likely going to be a "thing" with PC2 (which is where it should be).

That's exactly the info that I was looking for thanks Mahjik.

DECATUR PLAYA
30-06-2017, 21:19
That'd be for lazy me. Thanks :)

Although in PCARS2 I would like to really start to learn tuning. After several weeks when I get the hang of the new game a bit (racing every car just stock) I want to pick out one car and one track and really focus a while on that combination (probably a time trial). First try it stock a while and see what time I can set, then afterwards with tuning. But I want to make it a detailed forum-event here so that everyone can suggest what to change next. Not sure yet which car and which track, I think preferably a track that is not too long and has a little bit of everything. Also a track that is not too difficult to drive so that lap times are less influenced by driver error. I'm thinking that the Red Bull Ring might be a good one. For the car maybe a medium-speed road car or a GT4 (Porsche Clubman or KTM X-Bow).

But I'll make a separate thread for it somewhere in October. A proper title might be "helping breyzipp with his first tuning babysteps" :P

This is a great idea. Wonder will guys give up their real secrets. Doubt it.

hkraft300
30-06-2017, 21:31
This is a great idea. Wonder will guys give up their real secrets. Doubt it.

Depends what you're aiming for.
Guys on the top end of TT keep their secrets. The setup becomes all about outright lap times with zero regard for anything else.

If you're doing endurance/ wet setups, you have a few more compromises, from tyre wear to drive-ability, consistency, maintaining temps, changing conditions...

Keep an eye out for my tunes come October ;)

dault3883
30-06-2017, 21:32
Depends what you're aiming for.
Guys on the top end of TT keep their secrets. The setup becomes all about outright lap times with zero regard for anything else.

If you're doing endurance/ wet setups, you have a few more compromises, from tyre wear to drive-ability, consistency, maintaining temps, changing conditions...

Hkraft the official PCARS2 Crew cheif LOL JK ;)

Trippul G
30-06-2017, 23:19

Kind of OT, but speaking of setups, does anyone know if the PCARS Setup Database (projectcarssetups.eu) is going to be updated to have tunes for PCARS2?

I've been using that site almost religiously, would love to have some setups ready to try out there when the game is released.

hkraft300
01-07-2017, 00:41
Not sure mate. Time permitting.
Jussi's calculator is much requested, and pc2 will have setup sharing, but that's not inter-platform. But Jussi works r SMS now so not sure who, if anyone, can share the suspension data required for the calculator. It wouldn't be much different in that regard, and the math is fairly straightforward.

The database itself may need a huge reworking to accommodate pc2 though. We don't yet know what the tuning menu/options are. See what happens.

Setup database thread. (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?32940-A-new-home-for-all-your-setups)

Azure Flare
01-07-2017, 00:51
One thing that I have seen in this that I have yet to see anywhere else is that I can hit a big puddle and hydroplane straight off the track.

dault3883
01-07-2017, 01:04
One thing that I have seen in this that I have yet to see anywhere else is that I can hit a big puddle and hydroplane straight off the track.

that doesnt make sense how big of a puddle

Azure Flare
01-07-2017, 01:19

Big enough to hydroplane straight off the track.

hkraft300
01-07-2017, 01:20

Big enough to hydroplane off. :p

Trippul G
01-07-2017, 01:27

Forza 6 had standing water in rainy conditions, and I really liked the feel of how running through it would tug you to one side or the other, or if you hit it mid-corner, you'd hydroplane straight off. Only lame thing was that it wasn't dynamic at all. Really looking forward to seeing that sort of thing implemented properly in PCARS2.

dault3883
01-07-2017, 01:31
Big enough to hydroplane off. :p

sorry as much as i hate to see you lose you did Azure wins

ELAhrairah
01-07-2017, 01:41
The new rain effects are awesome
https://m.imgur.com/NeLmBk1

poirqc
01-07-2017, 02:24

I don't ever recall seeing rain drops go foward whever i push the brake in my car! Maybe they're driving in an lead heavy part of russia!

Mahjik
01-07-2017, 02:49

That's Driveclub: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmykrAkQb68

honespc
01-07-2017, 05:20
I drove Asseto Corsa for a few hours and whilst it was nigh on impossible with a controller one could DEFINITELY feel the slide and grip loss better. PCARS1 has a weakness where the front washes away very fast and the rear turns around without you really having a feel for it. PCARS is far superior to AC IMHO but the grip, namely the loss of it, was better on AC.You can drift perfectly fin in project cars 1 with road cars. You need a wheel though

mkstatto
01-07-2017, 12:29
So I managed to have 3 laps round Brands Hatch Indy yesterday at the Festival of Speed in the Bentley GT3. First off, I should mention I've never even worn a VR headset or tried a motion rig before, but wow the Oculas Rift and Vesaro rig combo was just mega, it very much puts my Playseat Challenge and TX to shame. If you have the chance to go one, bit it off with both hands.

For the game, it looks beautiful; from menus to on track action a definite upgrade on PC1. To be honest having seen GT Sport and Forza at FOS in passing PC2 for me looks the most realistic.

In driving terms it felt good, I felt like I could always make tiny corrections and frequently did. Could really feel I could chuck it into a corner and it would stick, so it definitely have you confidence once you got a corner right. It did punish me though through understeer in the last corner when I got too greedy and to tried to correct it, slide wide into the gravel, it's a shame as I was a second up until that point.

Other items I noted in three laps, start procedure seems more random, it took an age to go to green, so hopefully less prescriptive. And my experience in the gravel trap led me to find out that they don't seem to suck you in.

Overall very impressed, hoping that my set up and Xbox can come up to something like that experience come September.

ELAhrairah
01-07-2017, 13:18
That's Driveclub: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmykrAkQb68

I need to stop with these jokes

Edit: seriously, the driveclub raineffect on the windscreen is an art. Wmd needs to buy those 3d raineffect physics.

ELAhrairah
01-07-2017, 13:26
I don't ever recall seeing rain drops go foward whever i push the brake in my car! Maybe they're driving in an lead heavy part of russia!

Then you are not pushing hard enough. You need to drive faster.

1. You'll get faster to your work,
2. You'll see those great raineffects. (While almost losing your driverslicence and live ;) )

Edit: this is how real heavy rain looks on a windscreen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiMoV5xEqNw&feature=youtu.be

I will buy Pcars 2 and there are a lot of good things about it, don't get me wrong, but I am a little bit disappointed with the "recycled raineffects” thing I have seen thus far. Needs to improve if you ask me to become more realistic.

Mahjik
01-07-2017, 14:00
I need to stop with these jokes

Just add sarcastic smilies.. Without those, it appears you are serious that you believe what you wrote.

ELAhrairah
01-07-2017, 14:05
Just add sarcastic smilies.. Without those, it appears you are serious that you believe what you wrote.
I wish you could see my face while placing these posts.

Mahjik
01-07-2017, 14:20
I wish you could see my face while placing these posts.

That's why we use emoticons.. ;)

Trippul G
01-07-2017, 14:30
Back on topic, regarding the rain...some of the windshield rain physics may not look completely realistic, true. But for me, as long as there's something there which gives a reasonable impression of rain, that's good enough for me. I'm going to be too busy looking at the track and trying to keep my car in line to notice or even care.

Roger Prynne
01-07-2017, 15:44
Edit: this is how real heavy rain looks on a windscreen:
That's not heavy rain.

This is heavy rain......

https://d2v9y0dukr6mq2.cloudfront.net/video/preview/B_JVBVhGiofdi19y/the-car-rides-in-heavy-rain-oncoming-car-danger_spejjhnz__PM.mp4

ELAhrairah
01-07-2017, 15:49
That's not heavy rain.

I wanted to go mild on wmd.

poirqc
01-07-2017, 16:01
Then you are not pushing hard enough. You need to drive faster.

1. You'll get faster to your work,

I'm afraid this will be impossible. I'm driving 2013 2.0 gas 4 cylinder VW jetta. I still can't comprehend how a car can be that slow. It's even slower than my old beat up, 18 years old, toyota tercel! :D

edit: On a side note, rain still didn't move foward in that video! :p Rain might not be wetter in the neighbor wind-shear! ;)

ELAhrairah
01-07-2017, 16:15
I'm afraid this will be impossible. I'm driving 2013 2.0 gas 4 cylinder VW jetta. I still can't comprehend how a car can be that slow. It's even slower than my old beat up, 18 years old, toyota tercel! :D

edit: On a side note, rain still didn't move foward in that video! :p Rain might not be wetter in the neighbor wind-shear! ;)

You know nothing....In Australia it even rains upside down.

Azure Flare
01-07-2017, 16:21
This is heavy rain.....

No, this is:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2701/4268197268_f0cc2f4316.jpg

poirqc
01-07-2017, 16:47
You know nothing....In Australia it even rains upside down.

You forgot to mention it flushes the other way around too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdDdeS997hM&feature=youtu.be&t=57

Bliman
02-07-2017, 00:44
I was interested the most in how the controller is improved. But it seems like it is a little better according team VVV.
But I want to know if this time you have better telemetry and could see them on the replay and consult them after the race or practice and if there are more parameters looked at (and also if they are better represented not those confusing tires with circles and arrows). Especially for the consoles? And also if you can understand them better.
Also if they made tuning more easier to understand, still don't know where to go with Project Cars because everything is connected with each other and you don't have real telemetry you can't see what changes are good and which not (like when you are bottoming out and such).
And also if they have changed the interface, because that was also a major pain in pc1, like changing design and much more.

snipeme77
02-07-2017, 00:46
No, this is:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2701/4268197268_f0cc2f4316.jpg

Damn good game that one...

Mahjik
02-07-2017, 01:02
And also if they have changed the interface, because that was also a major pain in pc1, like changing design and much more.

Some of the UI has been posted on the official page:

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/newspc2/exploring-the-core-in-game-race-settings-for-project-cars-2?lang=en

Bliman
02-07-2017, 13:00
Some of the UI has been posted on the official page:

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/newspc2/exploring-the-core-in-game-race-settings-for-project-cars-2?lang=en

Thanks for pointing me to it.
Do you also know about the other things I mentioned?

Alfisti
03-07-2017, 01:18
I was interested the most in how the controller is improved. But it seems like it is a little better according team VVV.
But I want to know if this time you have better telemetry and could see them on the replay and consult them after the race or practice and if there are more parameters looked at (and also if they are better represented not those confusing tires with circles and arrows). Especially for the consoles? And also if you can understand them better.
Also if they made tuning more easier to understand, still don't know where to go with Project Cars because everything is connected with each other and you don't have real telemetry you can't see what changes are good and which not (like when you are bottoming out and such).

This.

I have said it before but the MORE CARS and MORE TRACKS and RALLYING!!!! worry me. There's a million things to improve on PC1 without touching the cars or the tracks. I cannot drive with the HUG on, distracts me, so I hAve nfi what my tyre temps are and would love to review telemetry.

RacingAtHome
03-07-2017, 01:31
This.

I have said it before but the MORE CARS and MORE TRACKS and RALLYING!!!! worry me. There's a million things to improve on PC1 without touching the cars or the tracks. I cannot drive with the HUG on, distracts me, so I hAve nfi what my tyre temps are and would love to review telemetry.

Maybe you should keep your hugs until you're not playing? Or pause the game?

Mahjik
03-07-2017, 01:38
Thanks for pointing me to it.
Do you also know about the other things I mentioned?

The HUD has been updated (which includes the screen which has telemetry information).

hkraft300
03-07-2017, 01:43
I cannot drive with the HUG on, distracts me, so I hAve nfi what my tyre temps are and would love to review telemetry.

Within the game, you can set a button for the Motec display for modern race cars that have it, and scroll through for lap time, brakes, tyres, engine etc.

Or get a 3rd party telemetry app. (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/forumdisplay.php?136-Third-Party-Apps-amp-API-Discussion).

Pc2 isn't just MORE CARS/TRACKS/RALLYING.

Alfisti
03-07-2017, 02:09
[QUOTE=RacingAtHome;1342229]Maybe you should keep your hugs until you're not playing? /QUOTE]

Well played!

Bliman
03-07-2017, 17:04
Within the game, you can set a button for the Motec display for modern race cars that have it, and scroll through for lap time, brakes, tyres, engine etc.

Or get a 3rd party telemetry app. (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/forumdisplay.php?136-Third-Party-Apps-amp-API-Discussion).

Pc2 isn't just MORE CARS/TRACKS/RALLYING.

First thanks for the answer Mahjik.
Are there also new picture of the hud like how the telemetry is translated to the screen now?
And is it made easier now to know if your tunes work by looking at more options at telemetry or easier explanation of the tuning options?
Now I don't know what hugs mean.
But I would like to see those things that the mods are doing for telemetry build in the game from the start.
To me at least it is not easy to get telemetry on the console (xbox one) at it seems many rely on it so it seems something that would be considered a major plus for Project Cars2.
I think it is much different for Pc but for consoles I do not have it (I don't have a smartphone).

Mahjik
04-07-2017, 17:44
First thanks for the answer Mahjik.
Are there also new picture of the hud like how the telemetry is translated to the screen now?

I don't believe there have been screenshots yet of the updated telemetry screen. However, I'll see if there has been a video done which has some of it in view.

Mahjik
04-07-2017, 17:46
Without infringing any contractual secrecy clause could say what the biggest improvement is or at least the feeling you have about it?

Yesterday I was testing some of the GT3's in rain. I will just say that puddles are bad... mmkay...

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/b2/dc/a8/b2dca8c1247cada32ccaae4544b1b708--fighting-memes.jpg

;)

Eric Rowland
04-07-2017, 18:45
^ as long as there are no puddles on the banking at Daytona.....

FIA
05-07-2017, 02:59
The new split time onscreen and arrows pointing to the cars to the sides that you cant see, is a good little new part added also
as you can race without looking in all direction all the time trying to see the car next to you and the onscreen leader board and fastest laps...
and no seagulls on track would be good too :glee:

Fanapryde
05-07-2017, 06:12
and arrows pointing to the cars
I noticed these...
I use pCars Dash on two additional tablets, thus keeping my triples free of any info. Having all mirrors in sight (and the spotter), I don't really need to see these arrows. Will there be a way to disable them ? I'm guessing yes, but some confirmation would be nice.

Olijke Poffer
05-07-2017, 06:25
Would be strange if you're not able to turn it off. :)

Invincible
05-07-2017, 06:29
I noticed these...
I use pCars Dash on two additional tablets, thus keeping my triples free of any info. Having all mirrors in sight (and the spotter), I don't really need to see these arrows. Will there be a way to disable them ? I'm guessing yes, but some confirmation would be nice.

Yes you can disable them and drive without ANY onscreen info, if desired.

Bultaco85
05-07-2017, 12:07
This is very important, awesome.

Bliman
06-07-2017, 22:00
Sorry to harp about it but can someone in the know answer if the telemetry part is changed (not only visual) and more in line with what others (mods) are offering in pc1? This is especially important on consoles because it is more difficult to set up good telemetry there?
Can't this be discussed because it is under NDA?

DECATUR PLAYA
07-07-2017, 07:00
Sorry to harp about it but can someone in the know answer if the telemetry part is changed (not only visual) and more in line with what others (mods) are offering in pc1? This is especially important on consoles because it is more difficult to set up good telemetry there?
Can't this be discussed because it is under NDA?

^This is important to me to.

Will we have a breakdown of the telemetry screen after a run or after a practice. On PC I think they can breakdown the telemetry. On console you have to look at it while you drive (impossible). I just wanted a breakdown screen after a run.

Bliman
08-07-2017, 23:00
Anyone who knows?

hkraft300
09-07-2017, 00:18
This is especially important on consoles because it is more difficult to set up good telemetry there?

Is not. Turn on udp. Download app. Drive.
Unless you have a convoluted LAN/Wi-Fi setup.

^This is important to me to.

Will we have a breakdown of the telemetry screen after a run or after a practice. On PC I think they can breakdown the telemetry. On console you have to look at it while you drive (impossible). I just wanted a breakdown screen after a run.

VrHive has excellent data logging. I'm sure others too but I've used vrhive on my old laptop.

Mahjik
09-07-2017, 02:49
Anyone who knows?

There is no in-game telemetry analytics to study after a run.

Bliman
09-07-2017, 22:07
There is no in-game telemetry analytics to study after a run.

Ok that's a pity. But thanks for informing me and I am still looking forward for Project Cars 2 because it looks great.

Bliman
09-07-2017, 22:11
Is not. Turn on udp. Download app. Drive.
Unless you have a convoluted LAN/Wi-Fi setup.

VrHive has excellent data logging. I'm sure others too but I've used vrhive on my old laptop.

Yeah but I think it would be much nicer to integrate it in the console version of the game. Instead of having a laptop connecting to the xbox one (with wifi) which I tried once and it didn't work for me.
I also consider it a plus to have if you are making a sim to such a great scale of detail.
It would be easier to see if you are going in the right direction with your tunes.

Fanapryde
11-07-2017, 15:58
There seems to be not much info on improved AI...
Rumor has it that AI still cuts corners
Any news on that ? Are they really improved or still the same as in pCars1 ?

Konan
11-07-2017, 16:13
Well...i'm not able to play myself but from reading comments and watching videos over at WMD2 i'd say the AI has MASSIVELY improved...:cool:

mkstatto
11-07-2017, 16:19
There seems to be not much info on improved AI...
Rumor has it that AI still cuts corners
Any news on that ? Are they really improved or still the same as in pCars1 ?

To be fair, a cut corner is not obeying track limits which isnt enforced in real racing, (Austria this weekend being a prime example). :D

dault3883
11-07-2017, 16:24
To be fair, a cut corner is not obeying track limits which isnt enforced in real racing, (Austria this weekend being a prime example). :D

you obviosly didnt watch le mans this year and listen to the race director down right scary he was

mkstatto
11-07-2017, 16:43
you obviosly didnt watch le mans this year and listen to the race director down right scary he was

I forgot that, that's the problem it's enforced so erratically from formula to formula. Its surely not that hard to hook up the white lines with some sensors and hook it up the location sensors in the cars and have it flag back to race control to be investigated. I've probably over simplified the challenge of hooking up the world's race circuits with a common standard of location reporting, but it's 2017 for god's sake.

If their was gravel there they wouldn't do it, I digress.

Fanapryde
11-07-2017, 16:47
Well...i'm not able to play myself but from reading comments and watching videos over at WMD2 i'd say the AI has MASSIVELY improved...:cool:
Good to hear...any links for that ?

Have you watched last Le Mans 24hrs by any chance ?
Anyway, it is not correct for the player to get warnings for cutting track (even when pushed wide - which is far from cutting track imo), while AI decides to cut corners (sometimes all wheels off track), clearly without any consequences...

Edit: ninja'd...:rolleyes:

Konan
11-07-2017, 17:00

Nice try...:cool:
As the AI is still constantly being tested and all the creases are being ironed out,i'm sure one of the members will make a video if and when ready...

mkstatto
11-07-2017, 17:06

Have you watched last Le Mans 24hrs by any chance ?
Anyway, it is not correct for the player to get warnings for cutting track (even when pushed wide - which is far from cutting track imo), while AI decides to cut corners (sometimes all wheels off track), clearly without any consequences...

Edit: ninja'd...:rolleyes:

I'd also suggest off the back of this that penalty system needs some work too as it's clearly not a level playing field.

Roger Prynne
11-07-2017, 17:43

Correct.

Fanapryde
11-07-2017, 17:50
Nice try...:cool:
As the AI is still constantly being tested and all the creases are being ironed out,i'm sure one of the members will make a video if and when ready...
OK, no links.
What are the improvements ?
I always found them not to be bad (apart from the track cutting, being overly aggressive in some classes and being too slow overall).

mkstatto
11-07-2017, 17:51
OK, no links.
What are the improvements ?
I always found them not to be bad (apart from the track cutting, being overly aggressive in some classes and being too slow overall).

Isn't one of the improvements that they've separated aggressiveness and pace/skill.

Konan, can you give us your thoughts on this?

OddTimer
11-07-2017, 19:37
yeah! I'd love to hear/see more about the ai. So far, I've loved everything about PCars2, as an offline player, my remaining concern is the AI, fingers crossed.

Konan
11-07-2017, 19:42
Isn't one of the improvements that they've separated aggressiveness and pace/skill.

Problem is that i'm not sure what i can and cannot tell you guys...but what i can say is (and i'm an offline player too) you won't be disappointed"...

Roger Prynne
11-07-2017, 20:07
If we keep telling you guys everything about the game there won't be any good surprises :apologetic:

Fanapryde
13-07-2017, 08:10

Well someone can:
About AI starting at 05.13

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s39FBSDG9C4

dault3883
13-07-2017, 12:20
If we keep telling you guys everything about the game there won't be any good surprises :apologetic:

I agree Roger it would take all that new game excitement out of it of going into the game and just going straight to the practice area just to look at the cars to choose from :D

Konan
13-07-2017, 14:51
Well...prepare to get unexcited...a whoooooole lot of info is coming your way...LOL