PDA

View Full Version : Exploring the core in-game race settings for Project CARS 2 - Questions

Javaniceday
01-07-2017, 01:49
http://www.projectcarsgame.com/newspc2/exploring-the-core-in-game-race-settings-for-project-cars-2?lang=en

very awesome info, thank you SMS.

Let's post questions here if we need clarification.

For weather slots, each slot lasts an hour by default. You can choose "sync to race" so all weather slots go through during the duration of the race.

Q - If you accelerate weather progression to, say, x4, each weather slot will last 15 minutes, yes?

Q - If you have 3 slots with "random" setting, will they be related? As in, will clear weather lead to light rain, and lead to heavy rain? Or will they truly be random - light fog to snow, to clear, to thunderstorm?

Q - Can you select a random number of weather slots? So the game chooses how many weather slots occur?

Q - Does weather persist between sessions? Or does the weather reset at the start of each session (as in pCARS1)

Q - Does each session get its own weather prediction?

Q - When choosing real weather, will the weather change - or will that be just one* weather slot? Will weather progression affect the "real weather" setting?

and lastly...
Q - Will weather in career mode be scripted?

So many questions - I think having this clarified will be very beneficial

breyzipp
01-07-2017, 03:50
Hmmm if each weather slot lasts 1 hour that's a bit predictable no? Would be nice if weather could just be set to "random" which means the game decides what it will be and it should be completely random. Maybe it changes, maybe not. Maybe there is just 1 slot, maybe 2 or 3 or 4. I don't want to know a forehand since I want it to be random. And if it changes it shouldn't always be every hour.

inthebagbud
01-07-2017, 05:32
Q. Does real weather work for console

KANETAKER
01-07-2017, 15:31
Well, here one my questions:

Q1. If a Formation Lap is established before the Start of the Race, the Session Start Time will start once the Formation Lap ends and the cars start from the grid / flying lap? Or will the Session Start Time begin to run from the moment that Formation Lap has begun?

I ask this question because for example: In LeMans the race always starts at 15h00 (Saturday) but the Formation Lap starts about 8 or 10 minutes before the official start time (15h00). The problem comes with the issue of the speed of progression of time (day / night) and climate. If a race of 1 or 2 hours is programmed a speed of time to 10x or 20x would be a disaster if at the end of that Formation Lap the sky already had the appearance of sunset and not be starting at 15h00. =(

Q2. Also (that Q1.), I would like to know if there is any possibility of scheduling a Custom Date and Start Time for each session - Practice (P1, P2), Qualify (Q1, Q2, Q3 in some cases), Warm-Up, Race (R1, R2 in some cases) - and not just for the race only?

As we all know, in categories such as F1, practices are held on Fridays, classification on Saturdays, and race on Sunday. While in LeMans the practices are a week before the race, the classification is divided into 3 sessions on Wednesdays and Thursdays in 3 different times (at sunset and at night), and the race on Saturday at 15h00.

Hopefully in PCARS2 the game system will continue with the procedure of PCARS1 to start the race on the scheduled day and time, since in fact in the first 2 months the game had a huge BUG with which the races did not start at the indicated time But at the time when the previous session ended, and in many cases the race started at night if the qualifying session began at 15:00 (for example).

Q3. Will there be a fixed limit of Multi-Class in the game (up to 4 according to the posted image at the link) or we can put more classes? (At least up to 6 until complete the grid)?

Q4. Also (that Q3.), what will be the limit amount of cars on the track at same time? 56 as in PCARS1 or 60 taking as reference the 24H of LeMans grid of this 2017 Edition?

I understand that in PCARS1 the limit of players in Computer Edition (multiplayer) was of up to 32 players, but if counted the IA cars the maximum limit would arrive until 56 (according to the grid of LeMans until 2015). For PCARS2 we do not know if the maximum limit will still be 56 or if it will be updated to the current 60 format set in LeMans this 2017 (?).

If we had 60 cars on the track, then it would be possible to set up races with 6 different categories (10 cars per class) instead of the 4 already known (LMP1, LMP2, GTE Pro, GTE Am). One good idea I have in mind (for custom races) would be this: LMP1, LMP2, LMP900, Group C, GT1, GTE... or: LMP1, LMP2, LMP3, GT1, GT2, GT3.

The last option would be to set the option "Any Car" to be able to perform a race with 6 different categories, but we do not know if the game will classify the cars in a single table (Overall) or if it is necessary to establish the race like Multiclase so that Each car has its own classification table according to its category? Limiting to what the game imposes, which are 4 categories according to your screenshot)

Mahjik
01-07-2017, 16:32
Q1. If a Formation Lap is established before the Start of the Race, the Session Start Time will start once the Formation Lap ends and the cars start from the grid / flying lap? Or will the Session Start Time begin to run from the moment that Formation Lap has begun?

The counter starts when the race/session is "green".

Q2. Also (that Q1.), I would like to know if there is any possibility of scheduling a Custom Date and Start Time for each session - Practice (P1, P2), Qualify (Q1, Q2, Q3 in some cases), Warm-Up, Race (R1, R2 in some cases) - and not just for the race only?

Time yes, day no.

Q3. Will there be a fixed limit of Multi-Class in the game (up to 4 according to the posted image at the link) or we can put more classes? (At least up to 6 until complete the grid)?

Fixed, yes. 4 class max.

Q4. Also (that Q3.), what will be the limit amount of cars on the track at same time? 56 as in PCARS1 or 60 taking as reference the 24H of LeMans grid of this 2017 Edition?

There will be limits for the number of cars, yes. It will vary based on the session type (i.e. single player verse online), platform, track pit spots, etc.. In short, it's not a simple as a single number.

KANETAKER
08-07-2017, 16:39
Thank you very much for your answers. But I was analyzing the subject of multiclass races and I have 2 other questions, if it is possible that they can be answered, please:

Taking into account that there will only be a limit of up to 4 classes in the same race....

Q1. Is it possible a option to manually determine the number limit of cars for each class, or will there be only a unique limit of cars in general?

I ask this question because there will be cases where in a custom tournament you want to set, for example, 8 cars per class, to avoid that there are more cars of a single class in Public Races, or to be able to readjust it in cases where, for example, there are more GTE cars registered which prototypes in private championships. Or will there be only one limit number of cars for the entire race? (For example 32 or 60 cars on the grid.)

Q2. Is it possible to repeat one same class in 2 or more different slots, or only can must set 4 different classes?

I ask this question because, as many know, in the WEC and LeMans races there are 3 classes (LMP1, LMP2, and GTE), but the GTE Class is divided into two different classes (GTE Pro and GTE Am). The problem is that if someone want to reproduce the LeMans races in a realistic way, the ideal would be to have the options that allow to establish 2 GTE classes but in turn there must be an option with which the race host can limit or reduce the Performance of one of them to emulate the GTE Am. Otherwise, we would only have races in LeMans with 3 fixed classes, or having to use some other alternatives like for example:

A) LMP1, LMP2, GT1, GTE.
B) LMP1, LMP2, GTE, GT3.
C) LMP1, LMP2, LMP3, GTE.

Thanks.

Mahjik
08-07-2017, 16:53
Q1. Is it possible a option to manually determine the number limit of cars for each class, or will there be only a unique limit of cars in general?

Nope. There is an algorithm used to determine the number of cars in each class based on the total number of cars selected for the race and the class types being used.

Q2. Is it possible to repeat one same class in 2 or more different slots, or only can must set 4 different classes?

Nope. Each class can only be selected once.

KANETAKER
08-07-2017, 17:45
Nope. There is an algorithm used to determine the number of cars in each class based on the total number of cars selected for the race and the class types being used.

Then it will be automatic depending on the total limit of cars in the grid established in the configuration of the race (?). For example: If you determine a limit of 32 cars on the grid then the game will automatically have a limit of 8 cars for each class, or 10 if you set a limit of 40 cars.

Nope. Each class can only be selected once.
It's a bad news... =( Although I like the idea of creating a race where in addition to the LMP1, LMP2 and GTE the GT1 cars can be included, on the contrary this is deprived of a certain realism for those players are looking to organize races with more realistic details such as having 2 separate GTE classes. Having to limit itself to doing all manuals in the sense of pointing out in a paper (figuratively speaking) which players will be running in GTE Am and control that players use the restrictor plate and do not cheat, although it can be noticed if any of them manage to make a registration as fast as those in the GTE Pro category. Same problem for 24h of Daytona because we can't separate the closed cockpit LMP2 of the open cockpit LMP2 (Oreca 03) in two different classes (Prototype, and Prototype Challenge).

Mahjik
08-07-2017, 18:38
Then it will be automatic depending on the total limit of cars in the grid established in the configuration of the race (?). For example: If you determine a limit of 32 cars on the grid then the game will automatically have a limit of 8 cars for each class, or 10 if you set a limit of 40 cars.

The algorithm is not that simplistic. It doesn't split the groups equally which is why I worded my answer precisely the way I did.

snipeme77
08-07-2017, 19:12

It's a bad news... =( Although I like the idea of creating a race where in addition to the LMP1, LMP2 and GTE the GT1 cars can be included, on the contrary this is deprived of a certain realism for those players are looking to organize races with more realistic details such as having 2 separate GTE classes. Having to limit itself to doing all manuals in the sense of pointing out in a paper (figuratively speaking) which players will be running in GTE Am and control that players use the restrictor plate and do not cheat, although it can be noticed if any of them manage to make a registration as fast as those in the GTE Pro category. Same problem for 24h of Daytona because we can't separate the closed cockpit LMP2 of the open cockpit LMP2 (Oreca 03) in two different classes (Prototype, and Prototype Challenge).

Honestly if you want to simulate IMSA you can just use LMP3 as P Challenge as that what will be coming in next year. That being said I do agree with the GTE Pro vs AM debate That somewhat sucks, but hey just have GT3 in there. They're not a split speed wise as they are in real life.

crowhop
08-07-2017, 19:29
Will there be the option to calibrate an Analog Handbrake? If RallyX and Drifting are going to be major features in PC2, an Analog Handbrake has to be part of the equation.

Mad Al
08-07-2017, 20:19
Will there be the option to calibrate an Analog Handbrake? If RallyX and Drifting are going to be major features in PC2, an Analog Handbrake has to be part of the equation.

Yes you can have an analogue handbrake..

KANETAKER
08-07-2017, 21:05
Honestly if you want to simulate IMSA you can just use LMP3 as P Challenge as that what will be coming in next year. That being said I do agree with the GTE Pro vs AM debate That somewhat sucks, but hey just have GT3 in there. They're not a split speed wise as they are in real life.

LMP3 is a very good option for replace PC Class at IMSA, because these class (Oreca FLM09) in real life it's getting boring and this 2017 will be her last season.

As for replacing the GTE Am for GT3 (GTD in Daytona/IMSA), there is concern that the same problem seen in PCARS1 with the Corvette GTE and Aston Martin GTE will be repeated, which was that those two GTE cars turned out to be slower than the GT3 cars for the vast majority of players. That unless there is some option with which the host can apply its own Balance of Performance.

In my personal preference, I will make custom races with these classes: LMP1, LMP2, GT1, GTE. But a ideal multiclass race for me is this: LMP1, LMP2, LMP900, GT1, Group C, GTE.

snipeme77
08-07-2017, 21:17
LMP3 is a very good option for replace PC Class at IMSA, because these class (Oreca FLM09) in real life it's getting boring and this 2017 will be her last season.

As for replacing the GTE Am for GT3 (GTD in Daytona/IMSA), there is concern that the same problem seen in PCARS1 with the Corvette GTE and Aston Martin GTE will be repeated, which was that those two GTE cars turned out to be slower than the GT3 cars for the vast majority of players. That unless there is some option with which the host can apply its own Balance of Performance.

In my personal preference, I will make custom races with these classes: LMP1, LMP2, GT1, GTE. But a ideal multiclass race for me is this: LMP1, LMP2, LMP900, GT1, Group C, GTE.

That just depends on track. GT3 and GTE get their speed in different ways and blah blah blah its been said before. The main thing is GTE and GT3 Are close in speed allowing GT Pro and Not so Pro to happen

crowhop
08-07-2017, 21:18

I am curious to see how the GTE Aston and Corvette stack up to the newer cars. As we saw at Le Mans this year, with the 2017 BOP, they're competitive. But if they maintain the 2014 and 2015 specs of those cars, they'll be more or less useless. Hopefully they'll be balanced in the game as they are in real life.

KANETAKER
08-07-2017, 22:19
I am curious to see how the GTE Aston and Corvette stack up to the newer cars. As we saw at Le Mans this year, with the 2017 BOP, they're competitive. But if they maintain the 2014 and 2015 specs of those cars, they'll be more or less useless. Hopefully they'll be balanced in the game as they are in real life.

In fact we are several players who expect notable changes in PCARS2 regarding the performance of Endurance cars (GT's and Prototypes), hoping that this time be more realistic in performance and laptimes, considering the new factors such as: LiveTrack 3.0, new tire model (with which we will have to care the degradation and the temperature of the tires), and etc. So this time we should be able to experience conditions on track as close as possible to reality, which as we know is never perfect unless you have a strike of good luck as Kobayashi in LeMans 2017 in his lap record). That way hopefully the performance and lap times are closer to the real cars, instead of being 5 seconds faster in some cases by having perfect conditions. (Some players in PCARS1 have managed to score 3:14.5 at LeMans with the TS040 when in real life that car could not get down from 3:20, until the arrive of TS050 ).

This should also mean that we have to finally adopt real driving techniques depending on the car, for example: Do not lower the gears too fast (on all cars), or in case the LMP1 hybrids have to lift the foot of the accelerator just before the braking point (to take care of brakes and tires), or having to make zigzag moves to warm the tires in case they are cold, or look for wet areas of the track in case of wearing rain tires and the ambient is drying so it is necessary to keep those rain tires cool, or lose grip on track if the car has come out and return to the track with dirty tires.

crowhop
08-07-2017, 23:03
Yes you can have an analogue handbrake..

Underrated post!

snipeme77
09-07-2017, 17:54
In Indy car, how will the game select Oval vs road specs.

Same question for the GT3 endurance vs sprint, and Gr C normal vs low drag lemans variants?

Edit, actually do the GT3 Endurance have any performance mods at all? (Bigger fuel tank for example?) Or is it just different aero parts and more headlights?

KANETAKER
09-07-2017, 20:00

Same question for the GT3 endurance vs sprint, and Gr C normal vs low drag lemans variants?

Edit, actually do the GT3 Endurance have any performance mods at all? (Bigger fuel tank for example?) Or is it just different aero parts and more headlights?

Perhaps the selection of cars must be adjusted manually by the host of the race, configuring which cars (classes) can be selected and which can not. Because if it were 100% automatic as you suggest then it would be impossible to run in the Indianapolis Oval with other cars classes than the IndyCar Oval spec. For example: Formula A, sotck cars, GT1, prototypes, etc. At least that for some classes the selecction will be automatic only if the respective car have a respective specification depending on the circuit. (Indycar Oval spec at Oval Indianápolis, Group C LeMans spec at LeMans).

Let's hope it's the same gameplay system for the classic circuits (like as PCars1), as more than one has dreamed of performing races on those circuits using modern racecars instead of the vintage cars. For example: Classic Hockenheim instead of the mutilated modern Hockenheim.

Only Karting tracks are those that for now have restricted its one only for karts. (in PCARS1).

Mad Al
09-07-2017, 21:21

If you run at an Oval, all the AI will use the Oval spec car, you run a road course, they will be in Road course cars.. simple really (and that works if you chose Indy class and you run the "wrong" car for the course type, the AI will match the track, not you).

FS7
09-07-2017, 22:09
1. can we define length of each session separately? (eg: 60 minute fp, 15 minute quali, 60 lap or 2hr race)
2. can we have race weekend with 2 races?