PDA

View Full Version : By sms approved ffb setting that won't break my g29

Mr. Tree
05-07-2017, 06:56
Edit :

I was mad and made an irrational post. After some conversation some people linked me ffb setting they claim to be using for a long time. So when I get my wheel back I'll try those.

Below you find my original (and WRONG) post. I won't delete this as to make people understand the conversation in the thread.

(Yeah your game broke my g29.
How I know?
I live alone
The g29 was 3 weeks old
Only played pC

So my question I'd like an sms employee to give a ffb setting that won't kill my wheel. And if it breaks I want to know where I can send my billinh information.

You guys have no idea how hard I had to save for this wheel. I'm pretty pissed. So I'm ending this post prematurely before I start saying things I might regret.

Ow yeah was really looking forward to pC2 how do I know this shit is not going to happen again? How can ypu guys restore my trust in ypu as a developper.)

Fanapryde
05-07-2017, 07:16
I read your other most too. Sorry for you that it happened.
But whether pCars FFB did or did not 'break' your wheel, it is three weeks old !
Use the warranty for starters. Should not be a problem, right ?

Mr. Tree
05-07-2017, 07:52
I am but how can I play this game feeling safe again?

Whatbelse could have destroyed it nut that awefull grind bug? Or does the grind bug not do dammage to steering wheels?
As a mechanical engineer I can comfortably say that when a mecha ical aplication makes that sound ut's damaging things. Maybe not right of the bat but 100% sure things are getting dammaged.

So all I want is an approved ffb setting to feel safe playing the game again. If sms is so sute about their product they should be able to back it up with paying the bill to fix the wheel if it runs out of warranty.

Also sending it back for waranty solves the defect but not the problem. There is a bug that kills wheels and this game is 2yrs old. How can such a dangerous bug continue to be in place. This while you are allowed to sell the game.

You realise for some people like me this wheel is more then 1/4th of my paycheck right? You realise this is no mt ok right? Downplaying it by saying use waranty also is a very useless solution to the question asked.

Edit: and sorry if I comd across like an ass. I'm really upset by this.

Invincible
05-07-2017, 08:00
I am but how can I play this game feeling safe again?

Whatbelse could have destroyed it nut that awefull grind bug? Or does the grind bug not do dammage to steering wheels?
As a mechanical engineer I can comfortably say that when a mecha ical aplication makes that sound ut's damaging things. Maybe not right of the bat but 100% sure things are getting dammaged.

So all I want is an approved ffb setting to feel safe playing the game again. If sms is so sute about their product they should be able to back it up with paying the bill to fix the wheel if it runs out of warranty.

Also sending it back for waranty solves the defect but not the problem. There is a bug that kills wheels and this game is 2yrs old. How can such a dangerous bug continue to be in place. This while you are allowed to sell the game.

You realise for some people like me this wheel is more then 1/4th of my paycheck right? You realise this is no mt ok right? Downplaying it by saying use waranty also is a very useless solution to the question asked.

Edit: and sorry if I comd across like an ass. I'm really upset by this.

I also think that you had a faulty unit - because I have a G29 too and it still works flawlessly after 400+ hours of Pcars and Pcars 2. And I prefer my FFB as strong as possible without clipping.

I know, the grinding stuff doesn't sound nice at all, but my G29 has it and my DFGT (which I used for four years after I bought it used already) had it too, and on both, the grinding wasn't limited to project cars - they've had it in other racers too.

Mr. Tree
05-07-2017, 08:04
I also think that you had a faulty unit - because I have a G29 too and it still works flawlessly after 400+ hours of Pcars and Pcars 2. And I prefer my FFB as strong as possible without clipping.

Hi there ty for the reply that does reassure me a bit.
So you've encountered strong rumbles often times without breakage?

I still stand by the statement that that bug is killing wheels. Mayne not instant but trust me that sound is not going to be hralty for a mechanical appliance.

Invincible
05-07-2017, 08:10

I still stand by the statement that that bug is killing wheels. Mayne not instant but trust me that sound is not going to be hralty for a mechanical appliance.

It does sound much worse than it is. I think it is one of the unique "traits" of gear-driven wheels. And from what I've read on other forums, it seems to be normal, not only in pcars, but in AC and R3E too.

Still, what you can do is reduce the general strength of the FFB and also use JAck Spade's tweaker files.
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22938-Jack-Spade-FFB-Tweaker-Files

You'll find a specific file here too, which reduces the nasty kerb-rattle.

Fanapryde
05-07-2017, 08:16
Downplaying it by saying use waranty also is a very useless solution to the question asked..
I can get that you are upset (I would be too), but you need to set somthing straight.
I ran pCars with my actual wheel for over 2000 hrs now (about half the time on PS4 before I switched to PC). I am using rather strong FFB (without clipping).
Some 1500 hrs more on rFactor2, RaceRoom, Automobilista and Assetto Corsa. I can assure you the three first titles' FFB is even stronger. My wheel is still alive and kicking. After roughly 3500 hrs of use.
It's not a G29, but I can't imagine a games' FFB breaking a wheel in three weeks time, whatever wheel...
Hence my advise to get a new one and try that.

Roger Prynne
05-07-2017, 08:25
I think blaming SMS for your wheel breaking is a bit short sited to be honest, as games don't break wheels, but bad manufacturing/parts does.

I have had a G25 (virtually the same as the G29) for 10 years plus, and never had a problem with it apart from recently when the motors burnt out (but that's just age)
There are hundreds if not thousands of people who have a G29 on this forum and very few have had problems, and the ones that have sent their wheels back under warranty and not had a problem since, so go figure.

I would wait until you get your replacement before you go blaming anybody.

Also you could check out this thread....
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?35635-G29-Discussions-Plus-Support-and-Settings

Mr. Tree
05-07-2017, 08:26
I can get that you are upset (I would be too), but you need to set somthing straight.
I ran pCars with my actual wheel for over 2000 hrs now (about half the time on PS4 before I switched to PC). I am using rather strong FFB (without clipping).
Some 1500 hrs more on rFactor2, RaceRoom, Automobilista and Assetto Corsa. I can assure you the three first titles' FFB is even stronger. My wheel is still alive and kicking. After roughly 3500 hrs of use.
It's not a G29, but I can't imagine a games' FFB breaking a wheel in three weeks time, whatever wheel...
Hence my advise to get a new one and try that.

What do I need to set straight?

I am willing to admit a combination of faulty equipment and the bug.

Saying that bug does no damage to a wheel is ignorance. If I design any mechanical apliance (which is actually my job, mechanical design using solidworks for constructionspecific needs) and it makes that sound I'm shutting it off opening it up and check where the damage is. This sound shows this game is breaking things. Maybe things that should be able to withstand that abuse for a reasonable amount of time (that's where my g29 failed). But it still is very unhealty and I cannot for the life of me understand that such a major bug is still in unadvertised and sms is still allowed to sell this game.

Also I loved this game. It is a lovely experience but no that bug is unacceptable and does cause mechanical failures for sure.

hkraft300
05-07-2017, 08:30

Relax. G29 motor isn't really strong enough to damage/break the gears. Still running my G29 hard for hundreds of hours now on pcars. And the first while I had the wheel way overloaded on default settings.

I've dabbed in to ffb tuning a bit, nick settings from others and made some changes. Have a look at my settings below in my sig. Grinding isn't bad and keeps the wheel from clipping. Default master scale of 26 will keep the wheel light, I run about 40.

Once you get a replacement.

By the way, it's a Logitech: they're not great on quality.

Mr. Tree
05-07-2017, 08:31
I think blaming SMS for your wheel breaking is a bit short sited to be honest, as games don't break wheels, but bad manufacturing/parts does.

I have had a G25 (virtually the same as the G29) for 10 years plus, and never had a problem with it apart from recently when the motors burnt out (but that's just age)
There are hundreds if not thousands of people who have a G29 on this forum and very few have had problems, and the ones that have sent their wheels back under warranty and not had a problem since, so go figure.

I would wait until you get your replacement before you go blaming anybody.

I would design a game that doesn't have bugs in it that sound if my wheel is going to fall appart. Shall we use that as a startingpoint?

Yeah mate use the internets animosity to state the game doesn't do that... Again mechanical engineer that sound is NOT ok! It's a known bug in rhe game so stop sating bla bla equipment and explain how to get rid of the bug. I don't want to encounter it ever again! It does damage.

Also I don't blame the game the game doesn't brake the wheel, it's when the game is not beeing the game (you know whennit bugs) tjat it breaks it. So FIX the bug.

Fanapryde
05-07-2017, 08:48
I would design a game that doesn't have bugs in it that sound if my wheel is going to fall appart. Shall we use that as a startingpoint.
Calling me ignorant while you clearly don't have a clue yourself about what a wheel should feel or sound like...great start...
I use a Fanatec V2 ( which is a higher end wheel). When I test FFB in the Fanatec Property page, it makes a sound which would obviously make YOU open the wheel instantly to see what is wrong. It rattles at a level you would not believe. But that is normal.
A free tip for you: "Be sure brain is engaged before putting mouth in gear "

Mr. Tree
05-07-2017, 10:14
Calling me ignorant while you clearly don't have a clue yourself about what a wheel should feel or sound like...great start...
I use a Fanatec V2 ( which is a higher end wheel). When I test FFB in the Fanatec Property page, it makes a sound which would obviously make YOU open the wheel instantly to see what is wrong. It rattles at a level you would not believe. But that is normal.
A free tip for you: "Be sure brain is engaged before putting mouth in gear "

Yeah mate I didn't call you ignorant! I said claiming this is a situation that doesn't do dammage is ignorance.
I explained damage is not allways the same as instant breakage.

I have no idea how a wheel should sound or feel indeed. But hell mate mechanical design (gears.included) is my JOB you know what I make my money of. You know a proffession. And as a mechanical engineer I can say if gears sound like that you better stop because thas not good. It's going to affect the lifetime of said gears drastically.

When this happens in some turns that's ok like I said continued use will damage the gears. When a bug makes the gears grind like that for longer periods well then we're talking a diffrent story.

So you want to come again? First of don't claim I called you names when I haven't. Second don't tell me to engage my brain. Logical deduction: grinding gears due to game ==> wheel broken after that ==> what could be the reason of the breakage? And again I have allready told I accept the plausible answer that I had a 'bad' steer combined with that torture broke the wheel.

And I mean it mate I have never called you ignorant, you on the other hand have accused me of not using my brain. When people start using ad hominem attacks that usually means they have little argument to actually make a point.

So maybe read my post in full as I use certain constructs in my sentences to clearly show what I called ignorant and what my opinions are and why these are my opinions. So please.before ypu acvuse me again of not using my brain read the full posts. Don't cherry pick certain things out of context to strawman me.

If you claim you're not strawmanning me you would have qouted le in the following way:

I would design a game that doesn't have bugs in it that sound if my wheel is going to fall appart. Shall we use that as a startingpoint?

Also I don't blame the game the game doesn't brake the wheel, it's when the game is not beeing the game (you know whennit bugs) tjat it breaks it. So FIX the bug.

You know where I clearly show the game is not really the problem but the bug in the game is. I hear a lot of things during regular driving I am not worried about. But hey I should have used my brain first right? Silly me.

At least I have experience in actual mechanical design before I opened my mouth.

Fanapryde
05-07-2017, 11:02
Right, don't listen to other people. Be hard headed, have it your way, see where it gets you.
I'm out of here.
Succes ...

Mr. Tree
05-07-2017, 11:28
Right, don't listen to other people. Be hard headed, have it your way, see where it gets you.
I'm out of here.
Succes ...

I actually listened to other people. I adjusted my opinion because of what other people said. :O

Please explain why I don't listen?

Also please explain why it's ok to strawman me? To do that and then leave when callee out on it doesn't really show the willingnes to have conversation.

Yes I listened to you and yes I do wonder what mean with load noise when testing. Something I should have brought up in the last post but didn't.

I didt because I was beeing a little agitated that you claim I called you ignorant. So my apologies if the previous post was somewhat 'useless' and made me seem hardheaded.

Mad Al
05-07-2017, 11:42
Err... if Logitech (or any) manufacturer has come up with a wheel that won't survive any signal potentially sent to it.. it's a piss poor design or has a manufacturing fault.. the signal has limits and is well defined (in terms of both amplitude and frequency ranges), so I don't see how you can even think that a game broke the wheel.... when all the game does is send out a signal that the wheel is reacting to.
(OK, so at times the fake canned effects get turned on, but they are still within the limits of what the wheel should be designed to take and frankly if some thing is only three weeks old and breaks, you first and ONLY recourse should be to return to the manufacturer for a replacement as it's patently defective!)

And when your replacement arrives, make sure to set the FFB in game to classic so you get some actual FFB not permanent clipping (not that that would kill any wheel either)

Roger Prynne
05-07-2017, 12:11
If I design any mechanical apliance (which is actually my job, mechanical design using solidworks for constructionspecific needs) and it makes that sound I'm shutting it off opening it up and check where the damage is.

At least I have experience in actual mechanical design
So if your job is 'mechanical design' as you claim and you have now bought a product that does not come up to you expectations, what's the first thing you should do...... Yes you should contact the manufacturer to ask for reasons why this has happened, and also ask for a replacement.
Then when you get your replacement, you test it again to see if the same thing happens.

Stop blaming the game.

I don't know why you are finding this so hard to understand, or are you here just to make trouble?

hkraft300
05-07-2017, 12:19
And as a mechanical engineer I can say if gears sound like that you better stop because thas not good. It's going to affect the lifetime of said gears drastically.

When this happens in some turns that's ok like I said continued use will damage the gears. When a bug makes the gears grind like that for longer periods well then we're talking a diffrent story.

As a mech engineer you should also know Logitech couldn't release a wheel with a motor so strong it'll snap the gears short of being a production defect.

But keep calm. When you get that replacement and throw on some proper settings, get accustomed to it, it's an absolute blast :)

Mr. Tree
05-07-2017, 12:52
So if your job is 'mechanical design' as you claim and you have now bought a product that does not come up to you expectations, what's the first thing you should do...... Yes you should contact the manufacturer to ask for reasons why this has happened, and also ask for a replacement.
Then when you get your replacement, you test it again to see if the same thing happens.

Stop blaming the game.

I don't know why you are finding this so hard to understand, or are you here just to make trouble?

I allready admitted to faulty hardware multiple times now in thisnthread. If 'fail' to read my full posts why do you answer in the thread?

Stopped blaming the game inpost 2 or 3. When I was calmed down and realised nothing I can do now but wait. I don't see how that's so hard do understand for you or are you just here to cause trouble?

I have also allready contacted manufacturer and am sending this thing out for warranty first thing in the evening something that was allready started before I posted here.
So all I can see is the title pissing you off and I'll see how I can change that.

While I admit that this bug does kot break a wheel it probably isn't healty, Indeducted that from other machinery. This is not a failproof method but it's better then to idly accept it can't be bad. Something you have not given one reason for.

Err... if Logitech (or any) manufacturer has come up with a wheel that won't survive any signal potentially sent to it.. it's a piss poor design or has a manufacturing fault.. the signal has limits and is well defined (in terms of both amplitude and frequency ranges), so I don't see how you can even think that a game broke the wheel.... when all the game does is send out a signal that the wheel is reacting to.
(OK, so at times the fake canned effects get turned on, but they are still within the limits of what the wheel should be designed to take and frankly if some thing is only three weeks old and breaks, you first and ONLY recourse should be to return to the manufacturer for a replacement as it's patently defective!)

And when your replacement arrives, make sure to set the FFB in game to classic so you get some actual FFB not permanent clipping (not that that would kill any wheel either)

Hey mate never thought of it the other way around. I agree if logitech makes a wheel breakable by input they made a design error. Thanks for the insight.

My initial post was indeed irrational and again I'll try and change the title to something more fitting.
That said I still find a bug with that effect to be present after more than a yearnto be somewhat negligence. (If that's the proper english word)

Despite that critique I will play this game a'd I will love it as I did for the past 3 weeks. But I'll look into the ffb what's that about classic and such? I am new.

As a mech engineer you should also know Logitech couldn't release a wheel with a motor so strong it'll snap the gears short of being a production defect.

But keep calm. When you get that replacement and throw on some proper settings, get accustomed to it, it's an absolute blast :)

Well as stated above they could make that. If they did that wouldn't be good design. So yes I agree tye game didn't break it.

Sankyo
05-07-2017, 13:03
While I admit that this bug does kot break a wheel it probably isn't healty, Indeducted that from other machinery. This is not a failproof method but it's better then to idly accept it can't be bad. Something you have not given one reason for.
I'm not sure what you're trying to say here? What 'bug' are you referring to?

As the others already stated, many people have been playing the game for a long time on the same G29 wheel without problems. A game cannot do more than what the wheel and wheel software allow even if there's a bug in it, hence it cannot break a wheel unless the wheel already had a hardware problem. The fact that your wheel broke after three weeks of usage clearly points at a manufacturing problem.

Mr. Tree
05-07-2017, 13:08
I'm not sure what you're trying to say here? What 'bug' are you referring to?

As the others already stated, many people have been playing the game for a long time on the same G29 wheel without problems. A game cannot do more than what the wheel and wheel software allow even if there's a bug in it, hence it cannot break a wheel unless the wheel already had a hardware problem. The fact that your wheel broke after three weeks of usage clearly points at a manufacturing problem.

The vibration/grinding bug.

Something that doesn't break something doesn't automatically have to be 'ok'.

For example: using high viscosity fluids in a hydraulic system doesn't have to cause breakage of an installation but it can cause mallfuntions.

If that makes any sense? Because I'm not sure I'm always getting my idea's across in written text.

Also again it shouldt break the g29 and if it does/did it's logitechs mistake production/design error.

Mr. Tree
05-07-2017, 13:16
If it is the title that bugs people including @roger prynne could someone please tell me how to change it to something more reflective of this thread?

Invincible
05-07-2017, 13:37

Something that doesn't break something doesn't automatically have to be 'ok'.

Also again it shouldt break the g29 and if it does/did it's logitechs mistake production/design error.

No one said that a bug is 'ok', but this bug is annoying at best.
Even if this grinding occurs, it should not be able to damage your wheel as long as the hardware itself hasn't already been faulty before - it shouldn't even increase wear noticeably. Many G25's are still alive, producing the same noises and grinding as the G29 since years.

The also to motor of the wheel shouldn't be able to produce enough torque to break the gears, let alone that the wheel's software should limit the power which the motor sends to the wheel / gears.

Mahjik
05-07-2017, 13:47
Ok, you as a mechanical engineer know darn well you cannot draw a conclusion from such limited evidence. If you are going to pull in mechanical engineering into this conversation, how many devices have you tested to verify your theory?

Yes, that is not going to be feasible for you, yourself, to purchase 30 G29's and run them through the same scenarios to see if they all fail the same way. However, that would be the correct way to use an engineering process to validate such a claim. So, let's remove all this mechanical engineering stuff from the conversation and discuss the issue.

In short, MANY people who have purchased G29's have had them fail and a lot of them were not Project CARS players. They had units fail quickly playing iRacing, Assetto Corsa, Raceroom and the others. Simply put, Logitech's QA for these devices has been poor at best. It has gotten better but some of the initial batches of G29's were coming back to Logitech as quickly as they were coming off the shelves.

If your G29 has failed, work with Logitech to get a replacement. As for Project CARS, there haven't been any updates for a year so there is no reason to expect any more updates going forward. Yes, we would all like every title to be supported much longer then they all are but that's not the reality we live with today.

Mr. Tree
05-07-2017, 14:09
Ok, you as a mechanical engineer know darn well you cannot draw a conclusion from such limited evidence. If you are going to pull in mechanical engineering into this conversation, how many devices have you tested to verify your theory?

Yes, that is not going to be feasible for you, yourself, to purchase 30 G29's and run them through the same scenarios to see if they all fail the same way. However, that would be the correct way to use an engineering process to validate such a claim. So, let's remove all this mechanical engineering stuff from the conversation and discuss the issue.

In short, MANY people who have purchased G29's have had them fail and a lot of them were not Project CARS players. They had units fail quickly playing iRacing, Assetto Corsa, Raceroom and the others. Simply put, Logitech's QA for these devices has been poor at best. It has gotten better but some of the initial batches of G29's were coming back to Logitech as quickly as they were coming off the shelves.

If your G29 has failed, work with Logitech to get a replacement. As for Project CARS, there haven't been any updates for a year so there is no reason to expect any more updates going forward. Yes, we would all like every title to be supported much longer then they all are but that's not the reality we live with today.

And that is exactly why I changed my opinion in my 2nf or third post.
That's exactly why I posted in one of later postst my first post was irrational.

Indeed in all honnesty I'd like to test that bug more properly but no I do not have the funds to buy that many wheels.

Just an honnest question did ypu read the entire thread before posting? And if so? Why did you not see how I accepted that my first post irrational? Why did you kot see I have adjusted my opinion due to beeing less agitated and beeing able to think more clearly?

Edit: I don't call for support of this 2yr old title my opinion on thatbspecific bug is: no other bug should be more important.
And if you actually asked you'd know m probably buying pc2 because I love the game.

Edit: fyi I changed the OP to show that I do kot stand by those words a'd that theybwhere written in anger.

hkraft300
05-07-2017, 14:12

From high frequency oscillations? When running off track or over a rough kerb?

That's. Um. Normal.

So is your wheel still producing ffb, just the rattle has rattled you?

Mr. Tree
05-07-2017, 14:17
From high frequency oscillations? When running off track or over a rough kerb?

That's. Um. Normal.

So is your wheel still producing ffb, just the rattle has rattled you?

No no.
I really did encounter a bug where every turn my wheel rattled very loud. Not from kerbs any turn taken at any speed (or lack thereof)
And ever since that happened I had no or very weak ffb when driving. I tested immediatly started the laptop with raceroom, same story.

When I was like let's give it one more go on ps4 with projevt cars it did have ffb again but some odd behavior it never showed before.

Mahjik
05-07-2017, 14:18
Just an honnest question did ypu read the entire thread before posting? And if so? Why did you not see how I accepted that my first post irrational? Why did you kot see I have adjusted my opinion due to beeing less agitated and beeing able to think more clearly?

I have and I see you are still focused on this "vibration/grinding bug" that you keep reporting and assuming it has caused damage to your wheel. Work with Logitech to get your G29 replaced. If the next one does the same thing, then you have some correlation.

In short, there is nothing SMS can do in software through the Logitech drivers that the drivers won't allow the wheel to do. *If* there is something in the title that is having the wheel do something it shouldn't do it, it should be addressed in the Logitech system/software. I used to be a software developer for over 20 years, I never created API's to systems or services that would expose functionality that could crash/damage a system. That would be considered a defect in the API.

Mr. Tree
05-07-2017, 14:26
I have and I see you are still focused on this "vibration/grinding bug" that you keep reporting and assuming it has caused damage to your wheel. Work with Logitech to get your G29 replaced. If the next one does the same thing, then you have some correlation.

In short, there is nothing SMS can do in software through the Logitech drivers that the drivers won't allow the wheel to do. *If* there is something in the title that is having the wheel do something it shouldn't do it, it should be addressed in the Logitech system/software. I used to be a software developer for over 20 years, I never created API's to systems or services that would expose functionality that could crash/damage a system. That would be considered a defect in the API.

Hey mate sorry you got that idea.

No now that I am 'relaxed' and can think clearly: I do not think the bug destroyed the wheel.
I believe that bug is an awefull bug to not have been solved before support for that game is discontinued. (I believe, as in my opinion, not fact)

Btw I fully agree with how you look at the issue of my broken wheel and think you have enjoyed a technical or scientific education. So again sorry if I wasn't yet clear enough about my position.

Edit: I didn't read properly myself I see where your approuch to thebissue comes from (development job). And yes I mean this I agree with 'it's logitechs fault' for rffrence:

Hey mate never thought of it the other way around. I agree if logitech makes a wheel breakable by input they made a design error. Thanks for the insight.

My initial post was indeed irrational and again I'll try and change the title to something more fitting.

Well as stated above they could make that. If they did that wouldn't be good design. So yes I agree tye game didn't break it.

hkraft300
05-07-2017, 14:26
When I was like let's give it one more go on ps4 with projevt cars it did have ffb again but some odd behavior it never showed before.

Ye well, ffb makes the wheel oscillate and if you have the ffb strength cranked up (as it is by default), it'll rattle everywhere. Nothing to worry about though. I think my wife's hair dryer has a stronger motor :rolleyes:

Before you go replacing the wheel I think you should try a couple things.

First: turn on ps4, plug in wheel, press PS button on the wheel to activate it, switch off the ds4 then use the wheel buttons to select and start the game. This will eliminate funny behaviour.

When the game starts, go to calibrate ffb (in control options) and try my settings. Do some laps at road America or spa with a High downforce car, with the telemetry screen on, do a lap or 3 and maybe you can post a video using the share button.

I've had the G29 for nearly a year and haven't had a problem, and for a while I did have it way overloaded.

Mr. Tree
05-07-2017, 14:47
Ye well, ffb makes the wheel oscillate and if you have the ffb strength cranked up (as it is by default), it'll rattle everywhere. Nothing to worry about though. I think my wife's hair dryer has a stronger motor :rolleyes:

Before you go replacing the wheel I think you should try a couple things.

First: turn on ps4, plug in wheel, press PS button on the wheel to activate it, switch off the ds4 then use the wheel buttons to select and start the game. This will eliminate funny behaviour.

When the game starts, go to calibrate ffb (in control options) and try my settings. Do some laps at road America or spa with a High downforce car, with the telemetry screen on, do a lap or 3 and maybe you can post a video using the share button.

I've had the G29 for nearly a year and haven't had a problem, and for a while I did have it way overloaded.

Tried those things allready but ty anyway!
I will try those settings and I have driven for 3weeks on default with no issues and ever since the ack of ffb (not just one night but even the next day on startup) there are these extra notchy parts when I turn on corners where I had never edperienced those before.

hkraft300
05-07-2017, 15:03
Ye. Well. Get a belt or direct drive wheel to avoid that.
My G29 settings minimise the rattle to a reasonable level I think. Maybe not, because I hardly hear/notice it but I always use headphones.
Give it a crack. If the wheel feels light, increase master scale (in car tuning ffb menu).

It's hard to diagnose an issue where all we got to go on is broken/vibration/grinding...

By the way, what have you driven with the G29? Because the ffb feel is distinctly different between a Huayra BC and a Formula Renault, for example.

The more details and information you give us, the more accurate our diagnoses.

Mr. Tree
05-07-2017, 15:13
Ye. Well. Get a belt or direct drive wheel to avoid that.
My G29 settings minimise the rattle to a reasonable level I think. Maybe not, because I hardly hear/notice it but I always use headphones.
Give it a crack. If the wheel feels light, increase master scale (in car tuning ffb menu).

It's hard to diagnose an issue where all we got to go on is broken/vibration/grinding...

By the way, what have you driven with the G29? Because the ffb feel is distinctly different between a Huayra BC and a Formula Renault, for example.

The more details and information you give us, the more accurate our diagnoses.

I was in the progress of practicing le mans with the rwd lmp1 so I knew what I was supposed to feel as I didn't change anything before or after. I also started a career in karts so I'm quite comfortable saying they also give strange behavior compared to before.

Roger Prynne
05-07-2017, 17:50
OK so you have calmed down now and realized that it wasn't the game that broke your wheel, that's good.
Also you said that you have changed your original post (how was I to know that) as I don't go to the first post and read it again.
Also you should read some of your other posts to see why I was getting agitated with your attitude.

Anyway now that we have got that out of the way lets move on.
When you get your replacement wheel please come back and report your findings.
Also ask for help in setting up your wheel as it's a minefield for newcomers, check out the link I posted in my first post, lots of good information there.

We are here to help people with problems, so be polite and it will get you a lot further than if you rant and rave.

I hope things work out OK for you with the replacement wheel.

hkraft300
05-07-2017, 21:32
I was in the progress of practicing le mans with the rwd lmp1 so I knew what I was supposed to feel as I didn't change anything before or after. I also started a career in karts so I'm quite comfortable saying they also give strange behavior compared to before.

I mentioned the startup process to start eliminating other issues like settings not saving or the ds4 interference.

Also ps4 has had a couple of updates lately that may have messed something up. My ps4 was being temperamental for a few days but it's past it's menstruation now.

Let's see if your wheel is actually broken, for starters.

Mr. Tree
06-07-2017, 05:08
I mentioned the startup process to start eliminating other issues like settings not saving or the ds4 interference.

Also ps4 has had a couple of updates lately that may have messed something up. My ps4 was being temperamental for a few days but it's past it's menstruation now.

Let's see if your wheel is actually broken, for starters.

Yeah I googled first ;) tried all thise things so assume the wheel is broken

hkraft300
06-07-2017, 07:37
What global (aka ffb calibration) settings are you using ATM?

Mr. Tree
06-07-2017, 10:07
What global (aka ffb calibration) settings are you using ATM?

As I am new I was just using default setup.
But I was using default before and after the issue arrived. Today the post office is open longer so I can finally ship it for replacement.