PDA

View Full Version : PCars2 and DD wheels. how good is it working?

Seelenkrank
06-07-2017, 13:40
Hello there,

since a year+ i own a DD wheel and the setup in PCars1 was not working very well.
in the MCLaren 720s video i see they drive with a DD wheel (Leo Bodnar?).
how good is the support of this wheeltype?
i got an Argon based Lenze servo, managed with the Mmos software/driver.
in automobilista there is the problem with the steeringrange (angle), it canīt setup from the game. i need always to set this up in the Mmos software for every car (Formula/street etc).
how, or is this proper working in PCars2?
best would be a system like in AC, set to 900° for example and the steering stops at this (if lower per car) until i reach my real endpoint but no extra steering at this point.
?

Roger Prynne
06-07-2017, 13:48
Working very well from what I have seen on the WMD2 forum.

finagle69
06-07-2017, 15:27
^ That's nice to hear Roger. I'm interested in this info as well. Maybe someone in WMD2 with a DD can elaborate to give us a warm and fuzzy?

Seelenkrank
06-07-2017, 15:27
is it possible to set the steering force on a fixed value and set the ffb with the in car ffb force setting?
at the moment i had 100% force in the driver, 100% gain in AC and then set the car ffb to the force i want on this car with the keyboard (on the fly without leaving the track).
would be really nice if this will work in this way maybe.

finagle69
08-07-2017, 16:47
is it possible to set the steering force on a fixed value and set the ffb with the in car ffb force setting?
at the moment i had 100% force in the driver, 100% gain in AC and then set the car ffb to the force i want on this car with the keyboard (on the fly without leaving the track).
would be really nice if this will work in this way maybe.

In general, that is exactly what i do now for PC1 ^. Apart from the "in-car" part ofc. I set an overall % max in MMos (i like 80%), then I tune each car in the car setup page to how I want it. Almost always, all I need to do is bump the master scale up from stock 2 to 4 units. So from 26 to 28 or 30 depending on the car.