PDA

View Full Version : V8 Supercars in Pcars 2

Mav2537
08-07-2017, 12:46
Hi Alll (and hopefully Ian Bell)

Just a question

Over the past few months in Australia are Virgin Australia Supercars have posted the want to move into the eSports Arena

https://www.motorsport.com/v8supercars/news/supercars-eyes-esports-programme-918006/

Could it be a possibilty for the Pcars to look into becoming affiliated with this as they already have the older model ford falcon COTF in the original Pcars and it could be upgraded to the latest models and as you already have licences with all 3 manufacturers that compete in the series. And with the coming release of Pcars2 on all major platforms it could be a awesome addon for us Aussies.

Heres hoping!!!

Regards

Blake-Lee43
08-07-2017, 12:58
I literally just wrote something about this in another post, would love to be able to fly around at the Adelaide street circuit in both current configuration and classic F1 GP layout.

Mattze
08-07-2017, 13:08
The complete V8 Supercars Series won't be coming to PC2! If I understand correctly, the licences are too expensive. Nevertheless, it would be a great addition for Project Cars 3.

KANETAKER
08-07-2017, 15:39
The complete V8 Supercars Series won't be coming to PC2! If I understand correctly, the licences are too expensive. Nevertheless, it would be a great addition for Project Cars 3.

It would be rather curious that this factor is true, since it would be ironic that the licenses of a "minor" classes to the F1 or the WEC are more expensive than those of greater and famous classes (NASCAR, IndyCar, for example).

Apart, apparently I see that the licenses are mostly for each car models, not for a brand in general. If the licenses were for the latter reason (for brand) then it would be possible to see (for example) the F1 cars of McLaren, Renault and Ferrari, whose licenses have Codemasters; because in theory a license by brands should allow to cover all the cars that belong to that brand, but probably much more expensive..

dault3883
08-07-2017, 15:54
It would be rather curious that this factor is true, since it would be ironic that the licenses of a "minor" classes to the F1 or the WEC are more expensive than those of greater and famous classes (NASCAR, IndyCar, for example).

Apart, apparently I see that the licenses are mostly for each car models, not for a brand in general. If the licenses were for the latter reason (for brand) then it would be possible to see (for example) the F1 cars of McLaren, Renault and Ferrari, whose licenses have Codemasters; because in theory a license by brands should allow to cover all the cars that belong to that brand, but probably much more expensive.. And not to mention other cars that are absent in PCARS2 despite having the licenses of their respective brands, as the case of Porsche and two of his missing racecars models (you know it ;) ).

First off the Virgin V8 Supercars are NOT a minor class they are the PREMIER form of Racing in Australia like F1 and WEC is in europe and like Nascar and Indy car are in america for one and

For two your "Not So Subtle" hinting at LMP1 FAILED we get it your all about LMP1 but enough is enough DROP IT!

KANETAKER
08-07-2017, 16:06
First off the Virgin V8 Supercars are NOT a minor class they are the PREMIER form of Racing in Australia like F1 and WEC is in europe and like Nascar and Indy car are in america for one and

For two your "Not So Subtle" hinting at LMP1 FAILED we get it your all about LMP1 but enough is enough DROP IT!

Did I ever mention the LMP1 nomenclature in my previous comment? I was making a comment quietly and it is you who react very badly, and even wanting to put more fuel to the fire (returning to play the subject). With what need? Do you have something personal against me?

dault3883
08-07-2017, 16:11
Did I ever mention the LMP1 nomenclature in my previous comment? I was making a comment quietly and it is you who react very badly, and even wanting to put more fuel to the fire (returning to play the subject). With what need? Do you have something personal against me?

you may not of said LMP1 but you referenced it with the porsche race cars and your comment yea you know it made it very obvious

Roger Prynne
08-07-2017, 17:14

dault, please don't make comments like this or make demands.... it's not your place to do so.

Blake-Lee43
08-07-2017, 22:52
Back on topic, let's just hope this happens, the full supercars roster has never gotten the video game representation that it so very much deserves.

hkraft300
09-07-2017, 00:40
Back on topic, let's just hope this happens, the full supercars roster has never gotten the video game representation that it so very much deserves.

Supercars is going through a big transition with the engine rule change. I'd like to see that get some development and mature, the ruleset to settle (hopefully not turn into a silhouette racing like dtm/sgt) and the makes/teams get involved in the sim racing world.

V8sc drivers had been sim training at home using rf1 with mods since early 2000's they'll definitely get on the pcars train if their cars are represented.

dault3883
09-07-2017, 00:50
Supercars is going through a big transition with the engine rule change. I'd like to see that get some development and mature, the ruleset to settle (hopefully not turn into a silhouette racing like dtm/sgt) and the makes/teams get involved in the sim racing world.

V8sc drivers had been sim training at home using rf1 with mods since early 2000's they'll definitely get on the pcars train if their cars are represented.

it would be sweet to get to drive a holden commadore V8s

breyzipp
09-07-2017, 00:53
I tasted a little bit of V8 supercars in FM6 and I liked it. The game only had Bathurst as aussi track but a good deal of supercars (Ford, Holden, Mercedes, Volvo and Nissan IIRC).

I liked the series, would love to see it come to PCARS for sure.

And that's coming from a Belgian guy. :)

dault3883
09-07-2017, 00:59
I tasted a little bit of V8 supercars in FM6 and I liked it. The game only had Bathurst as aussi track but a good deal of supercars (Ford, Holden, Mercedes, Volvo and Nissan IIRC).

I liked the series, would love to see it come to PCARS for sure.

And that's coming from a Belgian guy. :)

i wish volvo would come back to V8s

hkraft300
09-07-2017, 00:59
it would be sweet to get to drive a holden commadore V8s

The road cars are very different (I've driven v8 Falcons and commodores) but the I suspect the competition cars aren't hugely different.

dault3883
09-07-2017, 01:03
The road cars are very different (I've driven v8 Falcons and commodores) but the I suspect the competition cars aren't hugely different.

i meant by V8s as V8 Supercars i just shortened it

Alfisti
09-07-2017, 01:05
If they could add some rear grip it would be appreciated!

dault3883
09-07-2017, 01:13

Loose is fast and on the edge of out of control - Harry Hog via Days of Thunder LOL

BreadedVirus
09-07-2017, 01:27

Did it not get represented in TOCA 3?

Blake-Lee43
09-07-2017, 02:29
Did it not get represented in TOCA 3?

They were, its was just a pretty bad game was all.

Jezza819
09-07-2017, 03:05
They were, its was just a pretty bad game was all.

It wasn't too bad for that era I liked it a lot.

BreadedVirus
09-07-2017, 05:06
It wasn't too bad for that era I liked it a lot.

Great game.

ProjectCARSFiend
09-07-2017, 05:16
I'd be fine if somewhere down the road, the Holden V8 Supercar could be added somehow, so we could at least have a semi-realistic race series between it and the Falcon FG.

Mav2537
09-07-2017, 11:20
I think with the push from the CEO of the Supercars to get into eSports could allow for a cheaper licence agreement maybe? It would be a great asset to the game if it were to be added.

breyzipp
09-07-2017, 11:30
I think with the push from the CEO of the Supercars to get into eSports could allow for a cheaper licence agreement maybe? It would be a great asset to the game if it were to be added.

A V8 Supercar themed DLC pack somewhere in the future for PCARS 2 would be nice: one new Aussie track and a bunch of latest V8 Supercars.

hkraft300
09-07-2017, 11:43

They have more power more weight less tyres/grip and less Aero than GT3 cars. How do you expect them to drive?

dault3883
09-07-2017, 12:40
They have more power more weight less tyres/grip and less Aero than GT3 cars. How do you expect them to drive?

like a stock car LOL

A V8 Supercar themed DLC pack somewhere in the future for PCARS 2 would be nice: one new Aussie track and a bunch of latest V8 Supercars.

i like surfers paradise

KANETAKER
09-07-2017, 20:21
One DLC V8 Pack suggestion:

V8 SUPERCARS:
- Ford FG X Falcon (new version of the Ford FG Falcon that already in game and PCARS1)
- Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG
- Nissan Altima L33
- Volvo S60

TRACKS:
- Adelaide (short course and F1/ALMS long course)
- Albert Park (GP track)
- Surfers Paradyse
- Phillip Island
- Sandown Raceway
- Newcastle

dault3883
09-07-2017, 20:24
One DLC V8 Pack suggestion:

V8 SUPERCARS:
- Ford FG X Falcon (new version of the Ford FG Falcon that already in game and PCARS1)
- Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG
- Nissan Altima L33
- Volvo S60

TRACKS:
- Adelaide (short course and F1/ALMS long course)
- Albert Park (GP track)
- Surfers Paradyse
- Phillip Island
- Sandown Raceway
- Newcastle

i second the motion on this mainly because of phillip island and surfers paradise and the cars

Mattze
09-07-2017, 20:24
They have announced that each DLC contains 8 cars and 1 track, so your suggestion would last for 6 DLCs

Btw, V8 Supercars don't drive on Albert Park

hkraft300
09-07-2017, 21:19

BTW yes they do, as a support race for F1 Melbourne GP. It's a non-championship round at the moment but the teams are pushing to change that.

Mattze
09-07-2017, 21:22
BTW yes they do, as a support race for F1 Melbourne GP. It's a non-championship round at the moment but the teams are pushing to change that.

Okay, nice to know

KANETAKER
09-07-2017, 21:27
They have announced that each DLC contains 8 cars and 1 track, so your suggestion would last for 6 DLCs
Where SMS oficially confirmed the limit number of DLC's packs for release? (and the number of cars and tracks for each DLC).

I have a bad feeling about this... as if even though PCARS2 has notable improvements it will have fewer cars and tracks available for DLC's, unlike PCARS1. This reduces the hopes of those who want to see certain cars or circuits, in this case the V8 Supercars, in other cases certain vintage or modern cars (stock, street and race cars), and in other cases openwheel lower categories and prototypes.

Dude, how you can explain this? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supercars_Challenge_(event)

Roger Prynne
09-07-2017, 21:41
they have announced that each DLC contains 8 cars and 1 track, so your suggestion would last for 6 DLCs

Where SMS oficially confirmed the limit number of DLC's packs for release? (and the number of cars and tracks for each DLC).

I have a bad feeling about this... as if even though PCARS2 has notable improvements it will have fewer cars and tracks available for DLC's, unlike PCARS1. This reduces the hopes of those who want to see certain cars or circuits, in this case the V8 Supercars, in other cases certain vintage or modern cars (stock, street and race cars), and in other cases openwheel lower categories and prototypes.

Dude, how you can explain this? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supercars_Challenge_(event)

Cant find the link at the moment, but it's correct.

breyzipp
09-07-2017, 23:30

People these days are so obsessed with DLC... PCARS2 will have MUCH more tracks and MUCH more cars than PCARS1, in the end that is all that matters really. Besides I rather have 60 track locations and 180 cars at launch with 4 locations and 36 cars added over DLC than having 50 locations and 150 cars at launch and 14 locations + 66 cars added with DLC. The more content at launch, the better since that content is always best integrated into the entire game (career mode, achievements etc) and is available for everyone. With DLC you always have the problem that some people have it, some people don't. I never played PCARS1 multiplayer but DLC maps in Forza 6 are just horrible. None of the new DLC maps (VIR & Miami) are in the normal lobby rotation system so eventually I barely raced on those maps. Accessing the DLC content in FM6 felt like a minigame into the game. If you went to the main career mode or main multiplayer lobbies, there was nothing to be seen from the DLC maps.

I believe I read somewhere in PC1 when you don't have a DLC maps you cannot host a game on it yourself, but you can still race on it in multiplayer. That is IMO the way it should be done, people who buy DLC should not be hindered playing this new DLC because other people didn't buy it.

dault3883
09-07-2017, 23:36
people always want more...even me its human nature were never truly satisfied

breyzipp
09-07-2017, 23:59
Cant find the link at the moment, but it's correct.

Can't find the source either but I found the info in a third party article :

source: http://www.gamingunion.net/news/2017/06/project-cars-2-season-pass-and-digital-editions-revealed

Priced at $29.99, Season Pass holders will gain access to all four upcoming as yet-to-be-revealed DLC car packs. These DLC packs will also be available individually for $9.99. Each unique pack will contain eight new cars, new tracks, liveries, and new career events.

snipeme77
10-07-2017, 04:12
Can't find the source either but I found the info in a third party article :

source: http://www.gamingunion.net/news/2017/06/project-cars-2-season-pass-and-digital-editions-revealed

8 new cars and tracks? With a S?

dault3883
10-07-2017, 04:15

arent you a little old to be watching a childrens christmas movie and before you say it i was a kid when this came out so :p

snipeme77
10-07-2017, 04:18
arent you a little old to be watching a childrens christmas movie and before you say it i was a kid when this came out so :p

Hell no, never too old for train movie. I still watch Thomas the tank

dault3883
10-07-2017, 04:29
Hell no, never too old for train movie. I still watch Thomas the tank

LOL i hope your young actually scratch that any one that is over 12 that still watches Thomas the tank shouldnt admit it LOL JK

Mav2537
10-07-2017, 06:13
Also the Albert Park race is now a Championship race now that Liberty Media took over from Bernie Ecc, Hope a dev comes on soon and hopefully hints something to us soon??? Wishful thinking I know

seb02
10-07-2017, 06:21

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?50429-Preorder/page41

Sorry but Track is without S...

Blake-Lee43
10-07-2017, 07:09
Well if we talk about this enough we might get lucky, you never know

Roger Prynne
10-07-2017, 08:19
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?50429-Preorder/page41

Sorry but Track is without S...

What's that link got to do with Track/s?

seb02
10-07-2017, 10:11
What's that link got to do with Track/s?

On the link page, there is this picture. It may be more clear like this :238483

Is is written : 8 new cars and new track (without S)

breyzipp
10-07-2017, 11:11
Judging by PC1 DLC I would say it's safe to assume a single DLC comes with 1 location that has several tracks. ;)

dault3883
10-07-2017, 13:37
Judging by PC1 DLC I would say it's safe to assume a single DLC comes with 1 location that has several tracks. ;)

By location i hope you mean Country lol that would fix the problem and get you several V8s tracks LOL

KANETAKER
10-07-2017, 15:38
Ok. Now, the question is know if exist a limit number of DLC Packs for release in PCars2, because at least PCars1 have an approximated of 8-10 packs and one Free Car each month (since May 2015 until March 2016).

In this time (for PCars2) monthly Free Cars not be announced... =(

dault3883
10-07-2017, 15:42
Ok. Now, the question is know if exist a limit number of DLC Packs for release in PCars2, because at least PCars1 have an approximated of 8-10 packs and one Free Car each month (since May 2015 until March 2016).

they have already said their will be fewer dlc's for pcars2 than their was for pcars1

breyzipp
10-07-2017, 15:52

It has been said by Ian Bell a while ago already (GT Planet forum) that PC2 DLC would come not as frequent (so don't expect a DLC every month) but there would be more content in each DLC pack. Meanwhile the DLC pack structure has already been announced, check the screenshot from seb02's post a few posts back.

For now it looks like only 4 DLC packs are planned. Will that be it? We don't know. SMS will for sure work on another game as well when PC2 is released. Maybe if PC2 and it's DLC sales are a huge succes they might do some additional DLC, we don't know.

The free cars every month in PC1 was part of a program (I forgot the name), nothing has been announced as such for PC2 so don't expect too much here.

For now, just enjoy the base game with it's 180 cars and 60+ locations. And know that there will be 4 more DLC packs in the future that will each bring what is described in the image from seb02's post.

After that? Time will tell.

Again, I find that people are way too obsessed with DLC content. I mean, the game isn't even out, you haven't even driven 1 car on 1 track and already this obsession with DLC. It's as if you almost ask the devs to withhold some content so that we can have a free car each month (like Turn 10 is doing with their Forzathon events). I personally don't want that, the more content in the base game, the better. And I certainly don't want to jump through these weekly loopholes like in the Forzathon events. I am so glad that with PCARS 2 there is none of this nonsense, you buy the game (and optionally the DLC) and you have all content available to you and you can play it when you decide to do so, not when the devs decide to do so.

Quite frankly I'm eagerly looking forward to 180 cars / 60 locations and I am very sure even if I spend playing PC2 several hours daily this will keep me occupied for many months, if not a year. I'm not even interested in a fast DLC pack shortely after release. IMO the first DLC pack shouldn't even come in 2017.

Mahjik
10-07-2017, 15:58

No free cars

It's unknown at this time how far the DLC will extend. They have say the Season Pass will contain 4 DLC packs but it hasn't been mentioned if there will be more after the Season Pass is completed (i.e. will there be a second Season Pass).

dault3883
10-07-2017, 15:59
It has been said by Ian Bell a while ago already (GT Planet forum) that PC2 DLC would come not as frequent (so don't expect a DLC every month) but there would be more content in each DLC pack. Meanwhile the DLC pack structure has already been announced, check the screenshot from seb02's post a few posts back.

For now it looks like only 4 DLC packs are planned. Will that be it? We don't know. SMS will for sure work on another game as well when PC2 is released. Maybe if PC2 and it's DLC sales are a huge succes they might do some additional DLC, we don't know.

The free cars every month in PC1 was part of a program (I forgot the name), nothing has been announced as such for PC2 so don't expect too much here.

For now, just enjoy the base game with it's 180 cars and 60+ locations. And know that there will be 4 more DLC packs in the future that will each bring what is described in the image from seb02's post.

After that? Time will tell.

Again, I find that people are way too obsessed with DLC content. I mean, the game isn't even out, you haven't even driven 1 car on 1 track and already this obsession with DLC. It's as if you almost ask the devs to withhold some content so that we can have a free car each month (like Turn 10 is doing with their Forzathon events). I personally don't want that, the more content in the base game, the better. And I certainly don't want to jump through these weekly loopholes like in the Forzathon events. I am so glad that with PCARS 2 there is none of this nonsense, you buy the game (and optionally the DLC) and you have all content available to you and you can play it when you decide to do so, not when the devs decide to do so.

Quite frankly I'm eagerly looking forward to 180 cars / 60 locations and I am very sure even if I spend playing PC2 several hours daily this will keep me occupied for many months, if not a year. I'm not even interested in a fast DLC pack shortely after release. IMO the first DLC pack shouldn't even come in 2017.

id gladely take the first dlc pack on December 29th LOL

breyzipp
10-07-2017, 16:01
id gladely take the first dlc pack on December 29th LOL

Uhm yeah... well just in front of the XMas holiday season would be nice indeed ;)

dault3883
10-07-2017, 16:04
Uhm yeah... well just in front of the XMas holiday season would be nice indeed ;)

December 29th is my birthday thats the significance of it to me LOL

konnos
10-07-2017, 16:04
They did say at some point that the DLC will come every 3-4 months as it was too much work to maintain monthly updates. So I guess 4 dlc packs in the course of a year?

KANETAKER
10-07-2017, 17:24
December 29th is my birthday thats the significance of it to me LOL
Is my birthday too in the same day, but I can't celebrate because I'm very busy the two last weeks of the year making and selling many paper sculptures for New Year's Celebrations: https://youtu.be/5ydozeOacsw

Mav2537
11-07-2017, 09:46
No free cars

It's unknown at this time how far the DLC will extend. They have say the Season Pass will contain 4 DLC packs but it hasn't been mentioned if there will be more after the Season Pass is completed (i.e. will there be a second Season Pass).

I love how my post was over ridden with posts regarding DLC release times and updates that really has no relevance to what was orignally posted in regards to V8 Supercar intergration. Was hoping a Dev would reply?, even moderators are helping hijack the post?

Roger Prynne
11-07-2017, 10:04
I love how my post was over ridden with posts regarding DLC release times and updates that really has no relevance to what was orignally posted in regards to V8 Supercar intergration. Was hoping a Dev would reply?, even moderators are helping hijack the post?

You won't find any Devs on here anymore, especially now, sorry.

dault3883
11-07-2017, 11:13
You won't find any Devs on here anymore, especially now, sorry.

Why so? i know curiosity killed the cat but i cant help it LOL

Roger Prynne
11-07-2017, 11:32
Maybe saying 'anymore' was a bit over the top but 'especially now' means that pCARS 2 is in it's final phase and they don't have the time to come on here.

dault3883
11-07-2017, 11:41
Maybe saying 'anymore' was a bit over the top but 'especially now' means that pCARS 2 is in it's final phase and they don't have the time to come on here.

ok i thought it was being implied some one had done something tremendously stupid and now they werent allowed on here. My bad

Mahjik
11-07-2017, 13:42
Why so? i know curiosity killed the cat but i cant help it LOL

They devs actually do visit from time to time. I see them online, however, they wouldn't respond publicly about any potential licensing deal and/or plans. They would only announce or discuss publicly licensing deals which are complete.