PDA

View Full Version : Thrustmaster T150 like driving through molasses

theVenerable
10-07-2017, 11:02
Hi
I have just got my hands on a Thrustmaster T150

I've tried it in a few games, but don't really know What I am supposed top be looking for in regard to all the FFB settings.

For example, Project cars with this wheel is really hard to even steer, Assetto Corsa doesn't seem to have much FFB, and Automobilista Has some when driving fast, but very littles when going slower.

It also maybe a stupid question, but I've no idea what's 'supposed to happen' When you drive over curbs, or just drive on a straight road, etc.

I guess people may say just use the settings I like, but I don't even know what feels natural, and what is just not supposed to be there.
So I'm pretty clueless.

How much resistance am I 'supposed' to feel when trying to steer, etc?

Any universal settings would be ok for a clueless fool like me.
Any ideas?
Thanks

Ps, I like to have the wheel at only about 360 rotation, if that makes any difference.

Mahjik
10-07-2017, 13:54
Can you check to see what Steering Gain is set to?

Olijke Poffer
10-07-2017, 14:11
Just use these settings.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22938-Jack-Spade-FFB-Tweaker-Files&p=1147221&viewfull=1#post1147221

theVenerable
10-07-2017, 14:44
I used the settings above, from that link.
Now the FFB is too light. If I bump into a car, I feel NOTHING.
Plus I do not like 900 Degree rotation.
I want 360.
So I guess my wheel may not be broken, I just didn't realise how ridiculously fiddly it was to get good FFB.

It runs Terrible, like Brokenly bad in Assetto Corsa, Rfactor 2 is not a nice experience either. Projects cars is all over the place.
Only one I've had reasonable success with is Automobilista.

hkraft300
10-07-2017, 14:55
I used the settings above, from that link.
Now the FFB is too light. If I bump into a car, I feel NOTHING.

Will depend on direction/severity of contact. It might help to increase master scale in car ffb menu.

I want 360.

Set it at 900. Calibrate as per instructions.
Then in car tuning set steering ratio 12:1 or lower. Remember to save this to a track from the main menu/ before you begin or go to the track.
That'll stop cars steering like a bus.

Mahjik
10-07-2017, 15:06
I want 360.

The 900 degrees is setting the wheels total movement. Each car will have it's own steering lock which will be lower (unless it's a vintage car). As also mentioned, you can adjust the steering ratio in the car setup as well. If you force the wheel to 360, it will likely not be linear steering for most of the cars.

Roger Prynne
10-07-2017, 15:14
Yes you should set it a 900 degrees as the others have said, each car will then use the same steering lock as they do in real life, then you tune the steering to your liking.

theVenerable
10-07-2017, 17:40
I tried to adjust the car settings in game.
Went to the garage, tuning FFB, but can't fond any of the options you guys mentioned
:confused:

dault3883
10-07-2017, 17:43
i generely dont like my wheel to turn more than a 1/4 to a 3/8 of a turn in either direction

theVenerable
10-07-2017, 17:55
Yes.
I cannto understand why anyone would want a 900 degree lock.
It's like opening an airlock.

But please, how to I change the in game car settings?
I cannot find the options anywhere.

Roger Prynne
10-07-2017, 17:56
I tried to adjust the car settings in game.
Went to the garage, tuning FFB, but can't fond any of the options you guys mentioned
:confused:

Is this what you're looking for.

hkraft300
10-07-2017, 21:44

From the main menu, go to the garage then edit car tuning.

Remember to save the tune to your tracks of choice. Look for the small navigation tabs at the top of the screen.

Roger Prynne
10-07-2017, 21:53
Yes.
I cannto understand why anyone would want a 900 degree lock.
It's like opening an airlock.

You don't actually use the full 900 degrees, but like I said before, the game will automatically change the steering per car to set it up correctly.
This is the proper way to set your wheel up and what 99% of users use.

Don't quote me on this, but I think the FA for example uses something like 340 and the GT3's use about 540, not exact because I can't remember at the mo, but you get the idea.

Maybe someone can correct me on the actual degrees per car.

GTsimms
11-07-2017, 00:28
Listen to Roger and Mahjik, (900 is where you want to be at normally with Project CARS, but I also have provided a 1080 with DRR in my settings it worked and pretty good with minor adjustments) I use the 1080, I like it better than the 900.

theVenerable
11-07-2017, 06:05
Sorry guys, I still can't find the options
I go to the garage, go to tuning.
Have a lot of option, but no vehicle alignment option

Edit:
Found it at last.
Had to press the arrows on the far right of the screen.

Thanks
I'll try out a few different settings

Roger Prynne
11-07-2017, 08:54
Listen to Roger and Mahjik, (900 is where you want to be at normally with Project CARS, but I also have provided a 1080 with DRR in my settings it worked and pretty good with minor adjustments) I use the 1080, I like it better than the 900.

Ah yes, if you have a 1080 wheel then that's a different story.

theVenerable
11-07-2017, 09:33
My T150 does go to 1080
Perhaps I'll try that setting off the bat if it is better.
I agree... the larger degrees of rotation isn't as bad as I thought regarding steering - I don't find my arms getting tangled up as much as I thought I would

Thanks again all :cool:

GTsimms
11-07-2017, 10:11
I have found, that 1080 degrees can produce maybe a car specific deadzone. I have run random vehicles with 1080, but not all. 900 degrees can avoid this issue completely or run 1080 and if you experience it drop to 900.

theVenerable
23-07-2017, 16:07
I'm quite satisfied with most areas of FFB now, apart from one issue.
When I turn into a bend, my steering becomes very light.

I like a bit of resistance, and I have it while driving straight. But as soon as I turn into a bend, my wheel becomes really light, like the FFB stops working or something.
Any ideas?
Thanks

Mahjik
23-07-2017, 16:20
What do you have your Scoop Knee set to?

theVenerable
24-07-2017, 08:31
Scoop Knee: 0.61
Scoop reduction: 0.46
I don't know what they do.
I did read the description but still didn't understand it :/

poirqc
24-07-2017, 12:37

Here's a quote from my baseline thread. You can follow the link in my signature if you want to read the links in the quote.

Scoops
Scoops is tool to change the balance of weak vs strong forces. The best way to see how Scoops works is by playing with the FCM application. You'll see it for yourself! Sometime easy to feel is that, by itself, Scoop Reduction will change how much road feel you get, when going straight. You don't have to move it much to get the results you want.

Obviously, Scoops aren't limited to specific steering wheel behaviors. You do what you want with it. However, the following 2 go hand in hand. If we translate all that to driving, Scoops can be used to help you find the balance between how fast tire load ramp up and how much understeering feeling you want to get. The Stronger the wheel is, the smaller the available torque delta, to feel understeering, will be.

To quote Haiden:
With that knee, SR=0.20 provides the best feel, immersion wise. It's a very firm wheel with good road feel, and has the best cornering dynamic (with regard to range of increasing force). On the other end, SR=0.28 sacrifices some firmness and road feel for more pronounced/detectable slip feel.
Time up! I'll happen the understeering feeling later when i get some time.

Without moving the knee:
More Scoop Reduction = Less road feel
Less Scoop Reduction = More road feel

Without moving the reduction:
More Scoop Knee = More road feel
Less Scoop Knee = Less road feel

Ref, will explain later.

Mahjik
24-07-2017, 14:18

For me, using high numbers of Scoop reduces the feeling I have for corner entry. Try something like:

Scoop Knee: 0.45
Scoop reduction: 0.10

theVenerable
24-07-2017, 16:53
Thanks.
That helped with the corners being a bit stiffer.
But now I can't seem to feel the curbs very much
I keep tweaking things, but I don't know what the hell does what - So I keep getting some good bits, but then loose them again when tweaking.
And even when I read it, I still don't know what the hell they do.

This FFB is doing my head in.
I've spent the last two weeks trying to configure it on Assetto Corsa, Project Cars, Automobilista, Rfactor 2.....
:moody:

Mahjik
24-07-2017, 17:03
If you can share what you have currently, we can see what to suggest.

theVenerable
26-07-2017, 06:26
Sorry, I don't have anything now.
I lost the 'reasonable' setting I had when I was trying to tweak it to get it better.

I have a thrustmaster t150, and wonder if there are any out of the box settings at all.

I will still post my settings if you like, but really, I don't regard myself as having any lol.

So I will dial in a load of fresh settings. if anyone can recommend any for my wheel

poirqc
26-07-2017, 12:19
Sorry, I don't have anything now.
I lost the 'reasonable' setting I had when I was trying to tweak it to get it better.

I have a thrustmaster t150, and wonder if there are any out of the box settings at all.

I will still post my settings if you like, but really, I don't regard myself as having any lol.

So I will dial in a load of fresh settings. if anyone can recommend any for my wheel

Try GTSimms settings (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22938-Jack-Spade-FFB-Tweaker-Files&p=1147221&viewfull=1#post1147221), his FFB templates is liked by those who tried it.

VelvetTorpedo
26-07-2017, 12:29
I always found that switching from "Default" to "Classic" ffb gave me a better baseline for tuning the wheel to my liking when I got lost. It's the first option under Options > Controls > Calibrate Force Feedback

poirqc
26-07-2017, 14:00
I always found that switching from "Default" to "Classic" ffb gave me a better baseline for tuning the wheel to my liking when I got lost. It's the first option under Options > Controls > Calibrate Force Feedback

Default and Classic have a point in common. You either need to move SG from 3 to 1 on default or FFB from 85 to 100 on classic.

But if someone forget to move either, FFB at 85 is alot better than SG at 3, everything else being equal.

theVenerable
26-07-2017, 16:50
I found the GTSimms settings a bit to low for my licking, I couldn't feel much feedback.
But the 'Classic FFB' Is nice.
I think I will stick to the Classic and not touch it in case I ruin it.
I'm pretty happy with it.
Thanks everyone for sticking with me!
See you on track!

GTsimms
29-07-2017, 05:24
I found the GTSimms settings a bit to low for my licking, I couldn't feel much feedback.
But the 'Classic FFB' Is nice.
I think I will stick to the Classic and not touch it in case I ruin it.
I'm pretty happy with it.
Thanks everyone for sticking with me!
See you on track!

If you use my settings and it feels too low. Increase Steering Gain.