PDA

View Full Version : The problem with the car list for Pcars 2, and it ain't how many cars...

dan2312
11-07-2017, 22:56
I love pcars 1,

But pcars 2 is messed up, why?

Because its using now OUTdated modern racing cars, the LMP1 cars are 3 years old, the Porsche that won the 24hr 2017 race is missing!
It may come out as DLC but its not the point, why or are they gonna mix up 2014-2017 race cars on a grid?

I just don't like it, for example on a trailer i saw the modern 2016 A45 AMG Touring car racing against the last generation 2012 BMW 320i TC. It should be racing against modern honda Civic and BMW 125i TC's.

Why are they using 4 year old clio cup cars now?

Im sorry but i was expecting a full updated race car roster using 2017 LMP cars and more modern F1 cars. (sorry Formula A).

Sorry Slightly mad Studio's, but no sale here. not until i see the DLC cars, im not happy with the original field of race cars you have laid out.

Pcars 2 is a new game and should feature the latest modern race cars, not the previous ones from previous game, I'm not shelling out 50 for nearly the same cars from the previous game and a few updates, oh and then 30-40 for Season pass.

bigal1000
11-07-2017, 23:03
I love pcars 1,

Because its using now OUTdated modern racing cars, the LMP1 cars are 3 years old, the Porsche that won the 24hr 2017 race is missing!
It may come out as DLC but its not the point, why or are they gonna mix up 2014-2017 race cars on a grid?

I just don't like it, for example on a trailer i saw the modern 2016 A45 AMG Touring car racing against the last generation 2012 BMW 320i TC. It should be racing against modern honda Civic and BMW 125i TC's.

Why are they using 4 year old clio cup cars now?

Im sorry but i was expecting a full updated race car roster using 2017 LMP cars and more modern F1 cars. (sorry Formula A).

Sorry Slightly mad Studio's, but no sale here. not until i see the DLC cars, im not happy with the original field of race cars you have laid out.

Pcars 2 is a new game and should feature the latest modern race cars, not the previous ones from previous game, I'm not shelling out 50 for nearly the same cars from the previous game and a few updates, oh and then 30-40 for Season pass.

I'm sure there worried about that !

Roger Prynne
11-07-2017, 23:09
Have you even thought about if they could get the licence for the 2017 cars and also all the data that would be needed? I think not.
It's not as easy as you think it might be.
Also you obviously have no idea about game development.

If you don't like it then don't buy it, your money your choice.

breyzipp
11-07-2017, 23:12
My replies in red.

I love pcars 1,

Because its using now OUTdated modern racing cars, the LMP1 cars are 3 years old, the Porsche that won the 24hr 2017 race is missing! => And that makes those cars not fun to race?
It may come out as DLC but its not the point, why or are they gonna mix up 2014-2017 race cars on a grid? => Car classes and car grouping are done exceptionally well IMO! If you want to see where it is messed up check out Forza. They put GT2, GTE, GT3, Super GT and Super Trofeo all in the same class on the same grid...

I just don't like it, for example on a trailer i saw the modern 2016 A45 AMG Touring car racing against the last generation 2012 BMW 320i TC. It should be racing against modern honda Civic and BMW 125i TC's. => That A45 is a fictionally tuned car and I'm sure it will be competitive vs that 2012 BMW

Why are they using 4 year old clio cup cars now? => Because they are fun? I love that little bugger!

Pcars 2 is a new game and should feature the latest modern race cars, not the previous ones from previous game, I'm not shelling out 50 for nearly the same cars from the previous game and a few updates, oh and then 30-40 for Season pass => Very interested to hear which game you think that does this right then. If pretty shiny 2016-2018 car models is all you care about there are other simcade games out there. Just don't expect the same form of realism and immersion.

dan2312
11-07-2017, 23:21
Have you even thought about if they could get the licence for the 2017 cars and also all the data that would be needed? I think not.
It's not as easy as you think it might be.

If you don't like it then don't buy it, your money your choice.

Would you be happy to purchase Project cars 3 with the same cars as Project cars 1 just because of the license and data issues?

dan2312
11-07-2017, 23:23
I'm sure there worried about that !

Its just feedback that I think they need for future reference, I know I'm a small percentage that complains about what I just said. I do not expect them to cater just for me.

breyzipp
11-07-2017, 23:25
Also,

Some info on the car count in Project CARS 1:
* 65 cars in the base game on release
* 10 cars added for free
* 30 cars added via payed DLC
=> 125 cars total

Some info on the car count in Project CARS 2:
* 187 cars in the base game on release
* at least 40 cars added via payed DLC (4+4+8+8+8+8)
=> at least 227 cars in total

Again, if you love PCARS 1 like you said and you seem so focussed on the cars alone, tell me again why PCARS 2 is "messed up"? More than 50% of the cars are completely new to the series, I don't know exactly how many (yet :p) but a significant amount from PC1 won't make it into PC2 for various reasons (RUF, Formula Gulf, Superkart, Lykan Hypersport, Ariel, ...).

Would I love to see the 2016 Porsche, Toyota and Audi LMP1's in the game? Of course! But the fact is that car manufacturers are very secret about revealing the inside specs of these cars. SMS has a high standard for their cars, if they cannot get accurate and detailed enough data for their car models, the car won't make it in. Yes Forza has all these cars but honestly, that entire handling model is more arcade than sim anyway. They just need the license from the manufacturers, the 3D model and that's enough for them. That is not the case with SMS.

Also that is just LMP1. If you look at LMP2, LMP3, GTE, GT3 and GT4 we have some shiny new cars there. Then there is rallycross, IndyCar and the brand new Formula X which are all new cars as well. Road cars have the latest from a lot of manufacturers as well like the McLaren 720S, LaFerrari, Audi R8, Jaguar SVR, ... And the classics have been expanded very nicely as well (LMP900, Group C, GTO, Group B all got some new classics to race in.

With "new" I mean 2015/2016 or newer since that is for many situations still the latest model of a certain car and it has no successor yet in real life.

dan2312
11-07-2017, 23:26
My replies in red.

Just a note, I came from Forza and thought it was ok'ish, Grand Turismo is garbage.

It is difficult to find a game with similar immersion, but not realism. There are still options, I do not have to commit to one race simulation.

The cars are fun to race, but my point is splashing out money for the same cars again? really? even with the new tyre model it does not make it justifiable.

cluck
11-07-2017, 23:30
Would you be happy to purchase Project cars 3 with the same cars as Project cars 1 just because of the license and data issues?Given that this is unlikely to happen, it's a moot point. pCARS2 has a host of cars that never came to pCARS1 and I don't doubt that pCARS3 would come with even more new cars and brands to the series. In addition to many returning cars.

It is absolutely impossible to expect the devs to have known about 2017 cars back in 2015. Even if they knew about them late last year, they still have to license them, get the cars photographed, measured, have the audio recorded and get all the physics data together. It is simply impossible to translate all that work into finished and tested cars, in-game, in that tight a time-frame. Assuming, of course, that the manufacturers gave them access to the cars, gave them the required data etc etc.

If you feel that the full car roster - which is still yet to reveal 24 cars, including those from 2 very high-profile car brands - does not satisfy you then, fair enough, you are perfectly free to not buy the game. You'll be missing out on a lot of fun but that's your choice :)

dan2312
11-07-2017, 23:31
The post seems to imply I'm focused on the cars alone yes, but I'm a huge motorsport fan (BTCC, LMP, GT3,historic etc etc (not modern F1))

Messed up maybe a wrong choice of words, but what I mean is I feel SMS have messed up for not aiming to put 2017 race cars into the game.

I am hoping and will be waiting to see if the DLC adds what I'm looking for.

dan2312
11-07-2017, 23:36
It is absolutely impossible to expect the devs to have known about 2017 cars back in 2015.

My only argument with this is, they knew about the 2014 LMP cars to squeeze them into a May 2015 Release date for pcars 1 though, so if they could of and was allowed, they should have attempted the 2016 cars.

breyzipp
11-07-2017, 23:40
The post seems to imply I'm focused on the cars alone yes, but I'm a huge motorsport fan (BTCC, LMP, GT3,historic etc etc (not modern F1))

Messed up maybe a wrong choice of words, but what I mean is I feel SMS have messed up for not aiming to put 2017 race cars into the game.

Fair enough. My car database might give you an idea of what to expect. :)

PC1 was released in spring 2015. Below is the list of all cars from DLC packs of which the construction year of the cars is 2015 or 2016. So out of 40 addon cars, 16 had a construction year of 2015 or newer. If you interpolate that to PCARS 2 then out of the 40 DLC cars 16 would be from 2017/2018.

2016 Ford Fusion Stockcar
2016 Cadillac ATS-V.R GT3
2016 Chevrolet Corvette C7.R
2016 Pagani Huayra BC
2015 Ford Mustang GT
2015 Scion FR-S Rocket Bunny Edition
2015 Toyota GT-86 Rocket Bunny GT Edition
2015 Renault Megane R.S. 275 Trophy-R
2015 Renault R.S.01
2015 Renault Formula Renault 3.5
2015 Radical RXC Turbo
2015 KTM X-Bow R
2015 Mazda MX-5 Radbul
2015 Aston Martin Vantage GT12
2015 Mercedes-Benz AMG GT3
2015 Pagani Zonda Revolucion

For the record, this is the DLC cars in PC1 with construction year 2014, that's another 7 modern cars :

2014 RUF CTR3 SMS-R
2014 W Motors Lykan HyperSport
2014 Bentley Continental GT3
2014 Audi R18 e-tron quattro
2014 Aston Martin V8 Vantage GTE
2014 Toyota TS040 Hybrid
2014 Dallara DW12 Indycar (Road Course)

cluck
11-07-2017, 23:45
Call me pedantic, but there weren't any real 2014 LMP cars in the game at launch :). The Audi R18 was in the Ruapuna pack, which came out in July and the Toyota wasn't released until late October.

FIA
11-07-2017, 23:54
But in the end you will buy it yes? i wont tell anyone, or you will not know what your missing, we will all be racing them 227+ cars around them new tracks and rally cross cars and tracks
, new weather, online champ and more, :loyal: :heart-borken:

dan2312
11-07-2017, 23:58
I guess I was just initially disappointed with what I saw on the list, hence my ranting original post.

Maybe I'm just somewhat vain, because I find it hard what I look for in a racing sim, so many awful fakes with out there with things missing,

I mean take raceroom for example I nearly made a grave mistake there, the game is wonderful but I nearly purchased the 2017 WTCC experience for to much money to find that the Marrakesh race track was missing,

You see I find it hard enjoy a race game if there is a championship if there are bits of the real thing missing, like tracks etc, to me it damages the experience a lot.

it has to be perfect almost. lol

Forza motorsport apex, did a BTCC style race on brands hatch with the mercs and the 125i's etc, but it was just not right because the cars was not pushing and shoving for 1st place, it was just like any old race with re skinned cars if you get my meaning, because forza AI is not tailored to btcc alone the cars race with caution not to ram\damage other cars.

I bought a PS3 couple of years back when gt6 came out, I was so disappointed with that because it was just GT 4 all over again with performance point restrictions.

Assetto Corsa (a swear word on this forum I know :P) Is just a hot lap simulator with an awful career.

Project cars one nearly almost does it for me, so close. when I heard about number two I was over the moon, I got over hyped on what to expect. hence the rant I guess.

My apologies, I just wanted answers.

Mattze
12-07-2017, 00:10

Assuming they need a half year to recreate a complete model (which is a quite realistic assumption), how should they do it if 2017 LMP1 cars are only revealed 3 months ago? Except the fact that Porsche and Toyota don't share technical data for understandable reasons. Yeah, the car roster has some weaknesses especially at modern touring cars, but these permanent asking for 2017 specs is wasted. I (and the most people here, I guess) prefer quality before quantity in contrast to the 700 cars in some Simcade games where each car feels like the other.

breyzipp
12-07-2017, 00:17
I guess I was just initially disappointed with what I saw on the list, hence my ranting original post.

Maybe I'm just somewhat vain, because I find it hard what I look for in a racing sim, so many awful fakes with out there with things missing,

I mean take raceroom for example I nearly made a grave mistake there, the game is wonderful but I nearly purchased the 2017 WTCC experience for to much money to find that the Marrakesh race track was missing,

You see I find it hard enjoy a race game if there is a championship if there are bits of the real thing missing, like tracks etc, to me it damages the experience a lot.

it has to be perfect almost. lol

Forza motorsport apex, did a BTCC style race on brands hatch with the mercs and the 125i's etc, but it was just not right because the cars was not pushing and shoving for 1st place, it was just like any old race with re skinned cars if you get my meaning, because forza AI is not tailored to btcc alone the cars race with caution not to ram\damage other cars.

I bought a PS3 couple of years back when gt6 came out, I was so disappointed with that because it was just GT 4 all over again with performance point restrictions.

Assetto Corsa (a swear word on this forum I know :P) Is just a hot lap simulator with an awful career.

Project cars one nearly almost does it for me, so close. when I heard about number two I was over the moon, I got over hyped on what to expect. hence the rant I guess.

My apologies, I just wanted answers.

Agreed on that reskin highlight. FM7 will have 700+ cars and I'm sure that list will be jaw-dropping on paper (at least for 200-300 cars :p). But in the end all the cars there just feel numb and generic. I blame it on the very basic simcade handling model. It's a great game for the kids but for someone who wants a realistic racing game it's best to be left aside.

If you want a full racing series with all cars and tracks then I think the only game I can think about is the F1 series from Codemasters. Is that a better game (even if you would love F1)? IMO not. I would love to accurately recreate real life motorsports as much as you do but there is always cars missing or tracks missing. Dirt 4 has the official FIA WRX license and they can't even get all cars and only 5 of the 12 tracks. What I did (and what I recommend for you as well) is to take things with a gran of salt and not be too worried if real life racing series cant be accurately recreated. What in the end matters the most IMO is the environment. PC1 already had full dynamic weather and time of day, practice and qualifying laps. PC2 will add to that formation & cooldown laps, manual pitstops, animated pit crew, livetrack 3.0, seasons, dirt and ice racing and not to forget updated tyre and drivetrain models as well as improved controller handling. The environmental immersion will just explode. Even if another game would have the perfect track and car line-up, and let's say it would even have Assetto Corsa's wheel handling model, you would still not enjoy it because it would have perfect-world static sunny daylight weather. It would lack all the immersion from PC2 and just feel like a ratrace from place 24 on the grid to place 1 in x amount of laps. :)

In the end it's really not the cars and tracks that matter (granted you need some diversity) but it is everything around that which makes a great game.

FIA
12-07-2017, 00:18
I thought of this with the Sakitto , suzuka track was not the real track, and was missing the hairpin and more after and when i first went there
i went all the way too the hairpin to find death waiting for me in the shape of a galvanised steel barrier. not good, as i love full suzuka track
but i know its still not coming back for new game but never mind...

dault3883
12-07-2017, 00:30

It wasnt SMS's choice realy would you really expect Porsche or toyota or Audi or McLaren or Ferrari even to give up FULL detailed Specs of their race cars knowing that people from rival teams could buy the game and figure out their secrets from it? Because any real Manufacturer or Even Race team is not going to give up the details of their current car to ANY ONE but maybe their teams and that would only be if it was a team like Pratt and Miller is to Corvette racing or Joest was to Audi as a FULL Works team its just not going to happen. so instead of whining about what your not getting look at what you are getting. Because you obviously cant see the forest for the trees.

Zpectre87
12-07-2017, 01:02

You sure about that? Because I get the idea it's the opposite. In Horizon there's rubbing and ramming galore! :D

Either way, the physics engine of Forza is not on the same level as the simulators primarily available on PC, so they can get away with a lot more, and include more cars as a result. Does not make it a bad game, because its focus is different, in Forza the build and the tuning of your cars is pivotal to the game, unlike in Project Cars series which is a standard simulator with standard cars so you rely a bit more on your skills and there's less room for imbalance (even though imbalances did exist in PC1).

cxMilk
12-07-2017, 01:18
...in Forza the build and the tuning of your cars is pivotal to the game, unlike in Project Cars series which is a standard simulator with standard cars so you rely a bit more on your skills and there's less room for imbalance (even though imbalances did exist in PC1).
An interesting, and accurate, point there. Though thanks to my time in pCars, I've yet to upgrade a part on a single car in Horizon 3. It feels unnatural now to want to upgrade parts, at least for me. It's such a relief to step back from the meta of min/maxing a car's potential through upgrades. And seeing as I don't race multiplayer, it really doesn't affect anything.

/offtopic.

honespc
12-07-2017, 07:03

If you don't like it then don't buy it, your money your choice.Why so harsh. No one here but some of the WMD members and a couple of others know of game development. Not just him.

Look:

Given that this is unlikely to happen, it's a moot point. pCARS2 has a host of cars that never came to pCARS1 and I don't doubt that pCARS3 would come with even more new cars and brands to the series. In addition to many returning cars.

It is absolutely impossible to expect the devs to have known about 2017 cars back in 2015. Even if they knew about them late last year, they still have to license them, get the cars photographed, measured, have the audio recorded and get all the physics data together. It is simply impossible to translate all that work into finished and tested cars, in-game, in that tight a time-frame. Assuming, of course, that the manufacturers gave them access to the cars, gave them the required data etc etc.

If you feel that the full car roster - which is still yet to reveal 24 cars, including those from 2 very high-profile car brands - does not satisfy you then, fair enough, you are perfectly free to not buy the game. You'll be missing out on a lot of fun but that's your choice :)This is a more refined or subtle reply that might make the complaining user come to reason, and which explains the situation perfectly fine so he can come to understand eventually.

That way of treating others might help getting the new guys started, and sales too. Yours does not.

dan2312
12-07-2017, 08:35
You sure about that? Because I get the idea it's the opposite. In Horizon there's rubbing and ramming galore! :D

I Purchased Horizon 3 the day it came out, The ultimate edition, I have regretted it ever since, biggest waste of money ive ever made.:(

Its a beautiful game but so unrealistic and I prefer to race standard cars against the AI's standard cars, in FM4 there was an option to force t he AI to use standard cars but sadly not in FH3.

But I honestly think that to this day the test drive unlimited series does it miles better than FH3. IMO.

Roger Prynne
12-07-2017, 09:50
Why so harsh. No one here but some of the WMD members and a couple of others know of game development. Not just him.

Look:

This is a more refined or subtle reply that might make the complaining user come to reason, and which explains the situation perfectly fine so he can come to understand eventually.

That way of treating others might help getting the new guys started, and sales too. Yours does not.

Because I have to deal with these sort of posts all the time, and it annoys me that people come here with a first post and complain about what they want and don't want and what they think SMS should or should not do.
They don't put a lot of thought into what they are saying before they say it.
And saying that they are not going to purchase the game because of this and that is just.... well comical to be honest.

So I'll reply with the same respect that the OP shows.

hkraft300
12-07-2017, 09:52
It's a different kettle of fish. The way those established console "Sims" make the cars feel, you'd be fooled into thinking that game devs just draw a up a skin and underneath it's all the same.
Have a look through the pcars2 media thread for a glimpse of what SMS go through to build a car for the game.

How they've got so many cars together for pc2 launch in such a short time is the work of the devil.

dumaddin
12-07-2017, 10:49
To all: Well the Toyota GT 86 Rocked Bunny will still be in PC2. So everything is cool :cool:
Drive it on the new tracks and enjoy it :victorious:

Silraed
12-07-2017, 11:00
I Purchased Horizon 3 the day it came out, The ultimate edition, I have regretted it ever since, biggest waste of money ive ever made.:(

You're doing pretty well for yourself so far in life then :rolleyes:.

I honestly don't mind the cars that are a few years old at this point, if it's the choice between the older model or not having it at all I know which I would choose. For the LMP1 cars well, I would rather not have them at all than have a poorly made model due to lack of data to build them off.

breyzipp
12-07-2017, 11:02
It's a different kettle of fish. The way those established console "Sims" make the cars feel, you'd be fooled into thinking that game devs just draw a up a skin and underneath it's all the same.
Have a look through the pcars2 media thread for a glimpse of what SMS go through to build a car for the game.

How they've got so many cars together for pc2 launch in such a short time is the work of the devil.

That reminds me of these kind of posts. :)

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?45600-The-Physics-of-US-Race-Car-Pack

Itsdoomsday48
12-07-2017, 12:55
Updated cars don't bother me when I get new tracks to race on and PC2 is definitely delivering on that front. I'm actually pleasantly surprised to see 2016 Indy cars on the game along with a good supply of GT series cars

hkraft300
12-07-2017, 13:54
That reminds me of these kind of posts. :)

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?45600-The-Physics-of-US-Race-Car-Pack

Mr. Ringley's Physics threads were excellent reading :)

They, along with the pcars2 media releases, give a small idea of the detail that goes into the digital recreations.

dault3883
12-07-2017, 14:06
Its all very complicated and i dont understand that stuff. But what i do understand is IT WORKS! lol And thats all that really matters isnt it

DECATUR PLAYA
12-07-2017, 16:08
One day people will realize that Pcars is a brand new first of its kind experience and they will stop putting it in a box with all the other racing games. When that happens a lot of threads like these will go away.

Project Cars is not a racing game. It's not a car game. Project Cars is a first of its kind DRIVING game. Everybody should be happy how many disciplines of driving that exist in the game. This game has so many industry first and yet guys still try to put it in a box with other racing games or car games.

Eric Everfast
13-07-2017, 06:42
It's quite frustrating to see how difficult the sim racing community can be at times. We're getting a plethora of content from PC2 in terms of cars, tracks and racing disciplines yet it's common to stumble across "where's this car?" or "where's that track?" with a salty/spoiled undertone.

Some people need to put things into perspective a little. The physics/ffb seems like it will be rivaling iRacing and AC in terms of realism according to the briefing from ISRTV and yet the content blows both the latter mentioned games out of the water. Staying on the topic of physics, how do you think it's possible for SMS to acquire sensitive data on 2017 LMP1, LMP2 cars that are in the midst of the 2017 season? That's a huge conflict of interest... come on man, think a little.

Games that will feature cars of the year (such as Forza 7) will be road cars... not competition cars. And if there are competition cars of the year in other games you can bet that data is copy/pasted from a previous rendition.

These people expecting the world and then some though...
Kills me

breyzipp
13-07-2017, 07:11
It's quite frustrating to see how difficult the sim racing community can be at times. We're getting a plethora of content from PC2 in terms of cars, tracks and racing disciplines yet it's common to stumble across "where's this car?" or "where's that track?" with a salty/spoiled undertone.

Some people need to put things into perspective a little. The physics/ffb seems like it will be rivaling iRacing and AC in terms of realism according to the briefing from ISRTV and yet the content blows both the latter mentioned games out of the water. Staying on the topic of physics, how do you think it's possible for SMS to acquire sensitive data on 2017 LMP1, LMP2 cars that are in the midst of the 2017 season? That's a huge conflict of interest... come on man, think a little.

Games that will feature cars of the year (such as Forza 7) will be road cars... not competition cars. And if there are competition cars of the year in other games you can bet that data is copy/pasted from a previous rendition.

These people expecting the world and then some though...
Kills me

Could this text be given to new forum visitors as a popup message with a checkbox "I have read and understood this" and then a continue-button?

hkraft300
13-07-2017, 09:23
The physics/ffb seems like it will be rivaling iRacing and AC in terms of realism ...

Slow down, turbo. You forgot the LiveTrack 3 action. Which really brings the physics of unfavourable weather.

/difficult sim racer ;)

Everyone crying about ultra fast 2017 race cars and I'm like "Formula Rookie, thanks."

The top end race cars are so bloody fast it's like watching a movie in fast forward. You miss all the good bits.

Before anyone else puts in their 2c about wanting more bazillion HP gravity-warping downforce race cars: try the Caterham classic for some virtual skids.

Konan
13-07-2017, 11:46
Project Cars is a first of its kind DRIVING game

True...top of the page,next to PROJECT CARS in big red letters it says....?

VelvetTorpedo
13-07-2017, 12:45
try the Caterham classic for some virtual skids.

It'll teach you about conserving momentum also...

Just did the Caterham Classic career race at Donington Park National, and getting through the final chicane fast was a fun challenge. Sailing through with a touch of opp-lock either way is a blast.

DECATUR PLAYA
13-07-2017, 15:19
True...top of the page,next to PROJECT CARS in big red letters it says....?

THE ULTIMATE DRIVER JOURNEY!!!!!!!

Eric Everfast
13-07-2017, 15:33
Could this text be given to new forum visitors as a popup message with a checkbox "I have read and understood this" and then a continue-button?

Hehehe, it would be an honour. It's a build up of coming across comments on vids shared via the official FB page or other online channels. I've always kept quiet until now; I had to give my 2 cents here.

Eric Everfast
13-07-2017, 15:43
Slow down, turbo. You forgot the LiveTrack 3 action. Which really brings the physics of unfavourable weather.

/difficult sim racer ;)

Everyone crying about ultra fast 2017 race cars and I'm like "Formula Rookie, thanks."

The top end race cars are so bloody fast it's like watching a movie in fast forward. You miss all the good bits.

Before anyone else puts in their 2c about wanting more bazillion HP gravity-warping downforce race cars: try the Caterham classic for some virtual skids.

I'll have to make it a point of trying the Caterham again; it's been a while.

But warp speed, it's like totally Radical dude. Oh wait, we got those.

Ajvanho
22-07-2017, 10:25
tbh I don't really even drive anything except the Formula A. Only if some friends come over then they go with the road cars but other than that yeah as long as theres F1 u can charge me a million dollars and I would still pay it

Mattze
22-07-2017, 12:56
Maybe this (http://www.codemasters.com/game/f1-2017/) is something better for you.

hkraft300
22-07-2017, 13:56
tbh I don't really even drive anything except the Formula A. Only if some friends come over then they go with the road cars but other than that yeah as long as theres F1 u can charge me a million dollars and I would still pay it

Lol well Formula A makes a return in pc2 with new liveries :)

Maybe this (http://www.codemasters.com/game/f1-2017/) is something better for you.

Codie's make a good "Formula 1 experience" that's for sure. How's the car physics and ffb compare to any sim with an F1-ish car?

dault3883
22-07-2017, 13:58
Codie's make a good "Formula 1 experience" that's for sure. How's the car physics and ffb compare to any sim with an F1-ish car?

Codies makes some good racing games period but im just now getting into my F1 2014 game the F1 2013 game is absolute rubbish and i still love my f1 2012 game

rosko
22-07-2017, 14:23
I really hope they add cars that are from the same era & don't start releasing 2017 versions that may outperform the rest. They have done a good job of that so far although some of the road groups are all over the place. i would rather see separate classic road car groups. And some of the vintage groups need beefing up.

So is 8 cars per DLC confirmed for season pass? I thought it was 7 & a track?

Mowzer
22-07-2017, 16:53
The cars are fun to race, but my point is splashing out money for the same cars again? really? even with the new tyre model it does not make it justifiable.

Not sure how you can say this Forza has been using the same cars for years and even having the cheek to sell us cars we had before in a DLC :rolleyes:.

dan2312
22-07-2017, 18:32
Not sure how you can say this Forza has been using the same cars for years and even having the cheek to sell us cars we had before in a DLC :rolleyes:.

Got to hand it to grand turismo 6, they've always kept the cars in the series, what they upto now? 1200?

Roger Prynne
22-07-2017, 19:01
Ummm dault, you know better than to make a reply like that, please don't do it again.