PDA

View Full Version : Real performance vs Balanced performance

Javaniceday
11-07-2017, 23:48
I don't know about you guys, but I'd prefer the balance of cars within a class to be... adjusted (some would say "faked") so the class is nice and even and competitive, than to have one car be considerably better or worse as they were in real life.

The reason this worries me is because some classes have cars from different years, and given the fidelity to reality... well, I sure hope they choose balance for reality when it comes to car performance between classes.

What do you guys think?

breyzipp
11-07-2017, 23:50
I don't know about you guys, but I'd prefer the balance of cars within a class to be... adjusted (some would say "faked") so the class is nice and even and competitive, than to have one car be considerably better or worse as they were in real life.

The reason this worries me is because some classes have cars from different years, and given the fidelity to reality... well, I sure hope they choose balance for reality when it comes to car performance between classes.

What do you guys think?

Have you watched the 24 hours of Le mans in 2017? Do you know how old that winning car in the GTE-PRO category is? ;-)

TexasTyme214
12-07-2017, 00:30
I think it depends on the car for me. GT3 and GTE balanced is best 100%. But, outside of a class that relies on BoP in the first place, I would like there to be a balance but each car is still close to how it ran in reality.

snipeme77
12-07-2017, 02:20
I think it depends on the car for me. GT3 and GTE balanced is best 100%. But, outside of a class that relies on BoP in the first place, I would like there to be a balance but each car is still close to how it ran in reality.

I personally wouldn't mind if they left that up to the player. In multiclass races if you could just add a weight and power handicap to a whole class to artificially slow them down a tad. Similar to what IMSA does between GTD and GTLM. But I'll leave car to car balance in class to the pros, I don't have time to drive all 30,000,000 GT3 cars and see what need more weight and less power.

DigiDigiHole
13-07-2017, 14:21
I'd like custom cars to have realistic perfomance, ant than I'would like to play with characteristics. "Create your own car modification game, you know".

KANETAKER
13-07-2017, 15:57
In the case of organizing races with the GTE and GT3 together (for emulate IMSA races), there should be some option (for the Host) with which to prevent GT3 could be faster than the GTE, although we have not yet seen them in action together in the PCARS2 game, to know if Will return or not to repeat the same problem seen in PCARS1 with the only 2 GTE available.