PDA

View Full Version : Remaining TBA (To be announced) cars

ProjectCARSFiend
12-07-2017, 09:46
I've been asking this everywhere, but I haven't seemed to be able to get an answer. What I wanted to know was, roughly how much longer are we going to have to wait until we get ALL 180 cars, including the remaining TBA cars, revealed? Basically, how close to release are we going to have access to the FULL car list?

breyzipp
12-07-2017, 09:51
There will be 187 cars in the game at launch for everyone. (8 more if you get the 2 car packs so 195 for those people)

Below is a list of speculations what the remaining TBA cars might be and I'm sure the majority of those cars are correct since they have been appearing in videos and such.

So, the guesses for the TBA's from the official list :

2 under GTO: 1989 Ferrari F40 LM & someone suggested a Toyota Celica GTO
2 under GT1: 1996 Ferrari F50 GT & 1998 Toyota GT-One
1 under GTE: 2016 Ferrari 488 GTE
2 under GT3: 2016 Lamborghini Huracan GT3 & 2016 Renault RS 01 GTE (or maybe Huracan GT3 Endurance instead of the RS01)
1 under GT4: Toyota GT86 Rocket Bunny GT4 edition
1 under LMP1: Toyota TS040 Hybrid
2 under LMP900: 1994 Ferrari 333 SP & 1999 Toyota GT-One
1 under vintage prototype: 1967 Ferrari 330 P4
2 under vintage touring car/GT: 1969 Camaro Z28 Trans-Am & 1971 Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona Competizione
9 under road cars:
* 2013 Toyota 86
* 2013 Toyota GT86
* 2016 Aston Martin Vantage DB11
* 1984 Ferrari 288 GTO
* 2002 Ferrari Enzo Ferrari
* 2013 Lamborghini Aventador (or SV)
* 2013 Ferrari LaFerrari
* 2014 Lamborghini Veneno
* TBA
1 under track day :
* TBA

And.... that's all then, just 2 cars we don't know yet. Maybe SMS will see the Veneno as a trackday car, in that case 2 road cars would be missing. And I bet one of them is the road going Ferrari 488 GTB.

Roger Prynne
12-07-2017, 09:52
No one knows apart from SMS themselves.

Invincible
12-07-2017, 09:56
No one knows apart from SMS themselves.

I know you know, because I know it too. But we won't tell 'em. :p

amazed
12-07-2017, 10:05
But we don't know how much longer it'll be before SMS announce what those TBA cars are.

All we can say is

SMSoon..... ;)

dault3883
12-07-2017, 11:37
I know you know, because I know it too. But we won't tell 'em. :p

because you cant...well you could but then you would have to do us all in LOL JK :p

Rodgerzzz
12-07-2017, 11:49
I think the full car list along with track, new features and everything else to do with the game is all set to be revealed/confirmed on the 22nd of September when you put the PCARS2 disk in the disk tray and load it up... don't quote me on that though ;)

Invincible
12-07-2017, 12:02
I think the full car list along with track, new features and everything else to do with the game is all set to be revealed/confirmed on the 22nd of September when you put the PCARS2 disk in the disk tray and load it up... don't quote me on that though ;)

Would be funny if they stay hidden as "TBA" in the final game and when you select a TBA-car, you'll get a completely random car, which MAY be one of the unannounced cars, but it wouldn't have to be. A TBA mark vanishes as soon as you "discover" a hidden car this way.

ProjectCARSFiend
12-07-2017, 12:19
There will be 187 cars in the game at launch for everyone. (8 more if you get the 2 car packs so 195 for those people)

Below is a list of speculations what the remaining TBA cars might be and I'm sure the majority of those cars are correct since they have been appearing in videos and such.

I honestly don't see the point of having both the GT86 AND the Toyota 86 when they're essentially the exact same car. Just give us the standard GT86 and the RocketBunny GT4 version. It was really annoying when the did this in the Japanese Car Pack for the first game and I hope they don't do it again, when instead of having two of the exact same car, the could replace one of them with another awesome car.

dault3883
12-07-2017, 12:30
I honestly don't see the point of having both the GT86 AND the Toyota 86 when they're essentially the exact same car. Just give us the standard GT86 and the RocketBunny GT4 version. It was really annoying when the did this in the Japanese Car Pack for the first game and I hope they don't do it again, when instead of having two of the exact same car, the could replace one of them with another awesome car.

Like its been said many times before when they get the license from the manufacturer in this case toyota, they are often only allowed to put in what cars and versions of cars that toyota or what ever manufacturer it is tells them they can. So if Toyota tells them to keep the license they have to put in 10 different versions of the Toyota 86 thats exactly what they will do for the most part. Its sorta one of those they say jump you ask how high. From what i understand any ways Any body correct me if im wrong

ProjectCARSFiend
12-07-2017, 12:46
Like its been said many times before when they get the license from the manufacturer in this case toyota, they are often only allowed to put in what cars and versions of cars that toyota or what ever manufacturer it is tells them they can. So if Toyota tells them to keep the license they have to put in 10 different versions of the Toyota 86 thats exactly what they will do for the most part. Its sorta one of those they say jump you ask how high. From what i understand any ways Any body correct me if im wrong

I understand that the can't put in MORE cars the what the manufacturer says, that's just licensing logic, I just don't see why they should be forced to put in a multitude of different versions of the same car when they could use those slots to put in other cars.

dault3883
12-07-2017, 12:55
I understand that the can't put in MORE cars the what the manufacturer says, that's just licensing logic, I just don't see why they should be forced to put in a multitude of different versions of the same car when they could use those slots to put in other cars.

its a bit like a contract SMS agrees to put in X and Y cars and in return they have to put in z number of versions of such cars for that right on top of the licensing fee i dont like it either i kinda agree with you but then again i understand why they do it too. Its Business simple as that and the manufacturers want different versions of the cars because for them this is marketing and if they are trying to market say in this case the toyota 86 to different groups say drifters, sports car racers, GT4 fans, just car guys what ever, then they need a version of that car to apeal to each of those demographics

breyzipp
12-07-2017, 13:10

The Japanese car pack in PC1 had 7 cars & 1 free car for the same price as the other DLC, so it's not like the Toyota pairing was taking up slots from other cars. Instead it was added as a bonus.

As far as PCARS2 goes, Well at least the basic Scion FR-S isn't in the car list anymore, that is good IMO since that was an exact copy of the GT86 other than the car brand. I think the 86 and GT86 are technically identical cars apart from one being RHD (Japanese/UK model) and the other LHD (US/EUR model). It probably took SMS little to no extra effort to upgrade both cars to PC2 (instead of just one of them). Since they had the car model already from PC1 it made sense to move both models to PC2 and leave the basic FR-S out. I really like the Toyota 86/GT86 and having the extra option to choose between RHD and LHD ain't bad (for this car in particular).

That Japanese car pack also had both the Rocket Bunny edition (Scion, road B) and the Rocket Bunny GT Edition (Toyota GT86, GT4). The latter will be in PC2 again (already spotted in videos) but from the former there is no info yet. It would be nice if one of the Toyota's (86 or GT86) would be the standard version and the other would be the (road) Rocket Bunny version but I believe they will be both the standard versions. Still, SMS might have converted the Scion FR-S Rocket Bunny (road B) into a Toyota 86 or GT86 Rocket Bunny (road ...), we don't know yet.

Mahjik
12-07-2017, 13:26

Well, if the manufacturer says do what we say or not use any of our cars; an extra car with a different seating position isn't such a big deal. ;)

Besides, SMS has had many requests to be able to switch the seating position in many cars. Having both versions of the Toyota allows users to pick which side they would like to drive on.

Mad Al
12-07-2017, 13:36

Where do you keep getting 187...

it's 189, and 197 with the packs

(and yes, there are two things missing form the published list and for some reason it's not been updated, they are a TBA road car and a TBA misc)

Rambo_Commando
12-07-2017, 14:52
Oh no. Did I miss something...where is the Formula Gulf 1000? I really hope they didn't get rid of the best open wheel car in Pcars 1.

Mad Al
12-07-2017, 15:13
Oh no. Did I miss something...where is the Formula Gulf 1000? I really hope they didn't get rid of the best open wheel car in Pcars 1.

I think Formula Gulf people got what they wanted from PC1.. why they haven't come back I have no idea..

Anyway, I'd rather they added the F1000 series and actually give some credit to the people who make the cars instead of some people who run a race series on two circuits..

cluck
12-07-2017, 15:44

(and yes, there are two things missing form the published list and for some reason it's not been updated, they are a TBA road car and a TBA misc)Probably from me, amongst other places :o

I've gone by the number of cars showing on the pCARS2 'cars' page - there are 195 cars in the list, including the 2 packs and the 24 TBA

EDIT : I missed the 2 missing cars, I'll be honest. There was some debate on the GTP forums as to the number of cars, so I simply went and counted them again on the cars list page.

breyzipp
12-07-2017, 15:45

(and yes, there are two things missing form the published list and for some reason it's not been updated, they are a TBA road car and a TBA misc)

Really? Our resident feathered friend posted on the GT PLanet boards there would be 187 cars. Would be great though to have 2 more.

breyzipp
12-07-2017, 16:02
Ok thanks for that clarification Cluck.

I updated the top of the topic post (car list) with the car count and switched the DLC pack info to the top as well. If people have questions about number of cars and/or DLC you can point them there.

Added a link from there to the official pre-order page as well for info on the car packs.

Roger Prynne
12-07-2017, 17:09
187'ish would do :sneakiness:

Mahjik
12-07-2017, 17:29
This discussion on 185 vs 187 vehicles...

https://cdn.psychologytoday.com/sites/default/files/styles/article-inline-half/public/blogs/68127/2013/12/139735-140265.jpg

breyzipp
12-07-2017, 17:34
I disagree, 2 cars is 2 cars dammit. :p

Of course all you modders, wmders and smsers already know what those 2 cars are so there is nothing to look forward to for y'all. :)

Besides, the discussion is between 187 and 189. ;)

SlowBloke
12-07-2017, 17:43
I just hope the Ariel Atom is among the TBAs - I will miss that greatly if it isnt :(

GenBrien
12-07-2017, 17:46
I just hope the Ariel Atom is among the TBAs - I will miss that greatly if it isnt :(

the 3 of them were really fun!
I love the one with the supercharger whinning :cool:

RacingAtHome
12-07-2017, 17:51
This discussion on 185 vs 187 vehicles...

https://cdn.psychologytoday.com/sites/default/files/styles/article-inline-half/public/blogs/68127/2013/12/139735-140265.jpg

These things matter. It's the difference between me winning the GTP car count guessing game with it being a 2 way tie.

Mad Al
12-07-2017, 18:11
Probably from me, amongst other places :o

I've gone by the number of cars showing on the pCARS2 'cars' page - there are 195 cars in the list, including the 2 packs and the 24 TBA

EDIT : I missed the 2 missing cars, I'll be honest. There was some debate on the GTP forums as to the number of cars, so I simply went and counted them again on the cars list page.

See, this is where you went wrong.. I counted both the list and in game, then made a spreadsheet to compare counts in classes... and worked out what the two missing cars were.. (yes, I have SGS, Sad Git Syndrome)

and if you pop a couple of pages back in the Press articles thread over on WMD, I even said which two they are.. :)

Roger Prynne
12-07-2017, 18:42
I disagree, 2 cars is 2 cars dammit. :p

Of course all you modders, wmders and smsers already know what those 2 cars are so there is nothing to look forward to for y'all. :)

Besides, the discussion is between 187 and 189. ;)

Yeah maybe, but we're enjoying watching you guys playing guessing games and making fools of yourselves :highly_amused:

dault3883
12-07-2017, 18:47
Yeah maybe, but we're enjoying watching you guys playing guessing games and making fools of yourselves :highly_amused:

NOW thats just cruel and unusual punishment which i believe is against the Geneva Convention LOL JK

cluck
12-07-2017, 18:53
See, this is where you went wrong.. I counted both the list and in game, then made a spreadsheet to compare counts in classes... and worked out what the two missing cars were.. (yes, I have SGS, Sad Git Syndrome)

and if you pop a couple of pages back in the Press articles thread over on WMD, I even said which two they are.. :)Yeah, I forgot to check that before posting on GTP :o

I also checked against that spreadsheet I was looking at on a daily basis for the best part of 2 weeks and that contains a different number again :D.

breyzipp
12-07-2017, 18:57
189 is such a bizarre number, IMO the community should vote on a scrapped PC1 car that will return to PC2 as well. Then the SMS marketing department can update their slogans with "190 cars"!

Great idea huh? :D

dault3883
12-07-2017, 19:02
189 is such a bizarre number, IMO the community should vote on a scrapped PC1 car that will return to PC2 as well. Then the SMS marketing department can update their slogans with "190 cars"!

with that kinda thinking why not throw in 11 more and make it an even 200 LOL JK

Mad Al
12-07-2017, 19:06

But you pre ordered the Dogs Bollox edition, so get 350 anyway.. didn't you ?

Rambo_Commando
13-07-2017, 06:02

Yep, FG1000 gets my vote. I think they should have dropped the Formula Rookie and included the FG1000 as the stepping stone into open wheel. So far the open wheel career tree looks like this: Karts-->Formula Rookie-->Formula C-->Formula Renault-->Indycar-->Formula A. I guess I'm ok not having Formula B because the FR3.5 is a much better car but the transition from Indycar to FA seems reversed as irl F1 drivers go to Indy to finish their careers and not vice versa.

RacingAtHome
13-07-2017, 10:53
Yep, FG1000 gets my vote. I think they should have dropped the Formula Rookie and included the FG1000 as the stepping stone into open wheel. So far the open wheel career tree looks like this: Karts-->Formula Rookie-->Formula C-->Formula Renault-->Indycar-->Formula A. I guess I'm ok not having Formula B because the FR3.5 is a much better car but the transition from Indycar to FA seems reversed as irl F1 drivers go to Indy to finish their careers and not vice versa.

I don't even think the FG1000 is even used IRL anymore. I think it's replaced with a Formula 4 car.

Roger Prynne
13-07-2017, 11:20
^ Yes it is.

http://formulagulf.academy/

RacingAtHome
13-07-2017, 11:34
^ Yes it is.

http://formulagulf.academy/

Alright. I admit it. I'm wrong. I must have mistaken it for the F4 UAE championship.

breyzipp
13-07-2017, 11:38
I liked the Formula Gulf in PC1, my favourite open wheeler in fact. Just the right amount of power, grip and weight for my taste of open wheelers.

Will give the FR3.5 a try in PC2 though as my new get-to open wheeler since you guys like it all so much. I can't even remember how it felt.

Invincible
13-07-2017, 11:41
I liked the Formula Gulf in PC1, my favourite open wheeler in fact. Just the right amount of power, grip and weight for my taste of open wheelers.

Will give the FR3.5 a try in PC2 though as my new get-to open wheeler since you guys like it all so much. I can't even remember how it felt.

I never really liked the FR3.5 in pcars1, but it's a lovely car in Pcars2 and imo a worthy replacement for the Formula B.

Rambo_Commando
14-07-2017, 05:16

What's great about the Gulf and FR3.5 is that you can run a low fov (single screen setup) and still have enough access to your side mirrors.

dault3883
14-07-2017, 14:55
What's great about the Gulf and FR3.5 is that you can run a low fov (single screen setup) and still have enough access to your side mirrors.

considering F1 2012 has side mirrors but you cant see anything but empty track and sky in them iv gotten pretty good at not having them so LOL who needs side mirrors

Rambo_Commando
14-07-2017, 23:46
considering F1 2012 has side mirrors but you cant see anything but empty track and sky in them iv gotten pretty good at not having them so LOL who needs side mirrors

Lol. I need my mirrors. One thing I really hate in racing games is proximity arrows. I'll take mirrors or a spotter or both any day over those artificial arrows.

dault3883
15-07-2017, 00:10
Lol. I need my mirrors. One thing I really hate in racing games is proximity arrows. I'll take mirrors or a spotter or both any day over those artificial arrows.

I agree, im just saying ever since i started racing in cockpit on pcars something clicked and im able to do it in all my racing games now. Doing it on my f1 2012 game iv come to realize the mirrors are their for looks and i cant really use them. So iv had to get used to basically not having mirrors and just go by feel and instinct....and the look back button LOL