PDA

View Full Version : Exporting setup files PC

winet
13-07-2017, 13:16
I am sure this has been posted somewhere but I cannot find the answer. Will PC2 allow setup files to be imported and exported ? PC version Thanks

KANETAKER
13-07-2017, 15:40
The correct question should be this: The car setup parameters/options at PCars2 will be the same as in PCARS1? Or will be different?

For we don't know if SMS will increase more options or parameters at car setups to modify, among them one very necessary in case of wanting to manually establish a custom BoP in some custom races such as: Can add extra weight, not to be limited only to the Restricting Plate as an option to establish a BoP.

Apart from that, we must consider that the cars physical and feeling for PCars2 will have changed compared to PCARS1. As for example: The new physics of the tires, which SMS tried to establish in November 2015 in PCARS1 but by multiple complaints of many players, SMS had to return to the previous model of tires. In itself, with the new model of tires (more realistic) will have to take care not only of the wear of the tires, but also of its optimum temperature for a good performance on the track and an additional factor to the subject of their own wear.

Because of that (in addition to Livetrack 3.0) practically all the veteran players of PCars1 will have to start again from scratch, including the set-up, as PCars1 only had to focus on set-ups to be the fastest on the track or to have better Grip, but now (for PCars2) we will have to finally consider the other factors (tire wear and its temperature for a good performance) for configure the new car setups.

Schnizz58
13-07-2017, 15:46
Well we already know the parameters are different; we just don't know how they're different.

I'd love to see the ability to add ballast as a BoP measure as you've suggested.

cluck
13-07-2017, 16:07
The correct question should be this: The car setup parameters/options at PCars2 will be the same as in PCARS1? Or will be different?

For we don't know if SMS will increase more options or parameters at car setups to modify, among them one very necessary in case of wanting to manually establish a custom BoP in some custom races such as: Can add extra weight, not to be limited only to the Restricting Plate as an option to establish a BoP.

Apart from that, we must consider that the cars physical and feeling for PCars2 will have changed compared to PCARS1. As for example: The new physics of the tires, which SMS tried to establish in November 2015 in PCARS1 but by multiple complaints of many players, SMS had to return to the previous model of tires. In itself, with the new model of tires (more realistic) will have to take care not only of the wear of the tires, but also of its optimum temperature for a good performance on the track and an additional factor to the subject of their own wear.

Because of that (in addition to Livetrack 3.0) practically all the veteran players of PCars1 will have to start again from scratch, including the set-up, as PCars1 only had to focus on set-ups to be the fastest on the track or to have better Grip, but now (for PCars2) we will have to finally consider the other factors (tire wear and its temperature for a good performance) for configure the new car setups.No, that's YOUR question, not the OPs.

In answer to the OP, setups will be shareable, at least on PC (I have no idea about features on the console version, sorry)

winet
13-07-2017, 17:43
No, that's YOUR question, not the OPs.

In answer to the OP, setups will be shareable, at least on PC (I have no idea about features on the console version, sorry)

Thank you .Will be very nice to download setups instead of manual input

KANETAKER
13-07-2017, 18:35
No, that's YOUR question, not the OPs.

Then, PCars2 will be use the same setup parameters as PCars1? But what happened with the new physics? (tires, Livetrack 3.0, etc.)

These new factors could cause the existing set-ups for some cars to be ineffective and have to return from scratch to prepare the set-up, so in part it would not make much sense to import the old PCARS1 set-ups, unless the physics and Setup system goes to Be the same, something that worries because (by example) something that many want is that you can save more than 1 setup per car in each circuit. (Ex.: 4 setups at Monza for AUDI R8 LMS, instead of only 1).

cluck
13-07-2017, 18:47
No, the setup parameters have changed dramatically in pCARS2. Obviously, things like ride height and gear ratios aren't going to change in their terms or the way you set them but differential, brake ducting (you have front AND rear brake ducts now on some cars), the damping stuff, those sorts of things are very different.

As for setups, you can save (I believe) as many as you like per car.

FS7
13-07-2017, 20:07
That's great news!

DECATUR PLAYA
13-07-2017, 20:55
No, the setup parameters have changed dramatically in pCARS2. Obviously, things like ride height and gear ratios aren't going to change in their terms or the way you set them but differential, brake ducting (you have front AND rear brake ducts now on some cars), the damping stuff, those sorts of things are very different.

Cluck will you still be able to save 1 setup for all tracks like Pcars 1.

cluck
13-07-2017, 21:16
Cluck will you still be able to save 1 setup for all tracks like Pcars 1.good question, don't know, although something was posted today that might relate to this but I honestly don't know the answer, sorry.

Trippul G
13-07-2017, 23:46
Cluck will you still be able to save 1 setup for all tracks like Pcars 1.

Not basing this on anything more than speculation / wishful thinking, but I'd like to think that setups would save to the car, as opposed to the track. In other words, you'd for example make a tune for your Bentley GT3, and save it. Any time you raced that Bentley, that tune would automatically be loaded, or you could go to your selection of tunes (which would be organized by car), and browse tunes which would be filtered for that particular vehicle.

That's how Forza has always done it...so maybe I'm biased, but that way just makes sense to me. Switching to how PCARS does it took a fair amount of getting used to.

winet
14-07-2017, 04:17
Cluck will you still be able to save 1 setup for all tracks like Pcars 1.Hopefully you will be able to save multiple setups in a separate folder if you wish and be able to access the setup for any track.

Mad Al
14-07-2017, 11:01
There is an option to save to an "All Tracks" area or to the current individual track area
When you ask to load a setup, it lists the "All Tracks" area and any track you have a setup in for that car

So you can put your base setups in the "All Tracks" and then anything track specific in the appropriate track area