PDA

View Full Version : How is the vr support/experience improved ?

mattan
13-07-2017, 14:01
How is the vr support / experience improved ? (oculus)
Sense of speed, better graphics, etc ??

I know sense of speed is mainly related to FOV, But better/crispier graphics may also also affect this ?
Today i run Project cars, with supersampling 2.0 No AA and have very good performance 90-100 fps (GTX1080TI/I7-7700K)

sb10
14-07-2017, 13:50
...I second the question!

cluck
14-07-2017, 14:25
In short, it's simply better.

There is more detail, for one thing, combined with a much smoother experience. Coupled with the positional audio (you WILL spend a few minutes just turning your head to hear how the sounds change), the experience is a very nice step-up from what we have in pCARS1 (not that I was ever really complaining about that either!).

The only problem is, nobody can show you those improvements. It is going to be impossible to capture the actual Rift/Vive display so, you'll just have to take my word for it and the word of other WMD2-ers who have VR headsets :)

Mad Al
14-07-2017, 15:07
^ I'll second that..

Cote Dazur
25-07-2017, 13:44
What are the improvements in VR in PCars 2 compare to VR in PCars?

rosko
25-07-2017, 16:50
Definitely the handling & the ffb.

ramm21
25-07-2017, 18:07
I didn't see many issues with VR in PC1, for me going from a monitor to a VR set up was a piece of cake. I'll go as far as to say it was one of the best things PC1 did right. Its a better, easier experience with Project Cars than say Assetto Corsa. You don't have to take the headset off between race and main menu screens, for example.

rosko
25-07-2017, 18:55
I didn't see many issues with VR in PC1, for me going from a monitor to a VR set up was a piece of cake. I'll go as far as to say it was one of the best things PC1 did right. Its a better, easier experience with Project Cars than say Assetto Corsa. You don't have to take the headset off between race and main menu screens, for example.

What about the terrible flickering shadows, overly dark interiors in pcars 1?

Cote Dazur
25-07-2017, 19:32

I do not have issue with VR in PCars, the cockpits in VR are outstanding, my question is "What are the improvements in VR in PCars 2 compare to VR in PCars"
Like for example, are the mirror different, like we have in LFS?
Are more car finished in the back, so when you look back or step out of the car you do not see a mok up, like in the 67 Lotus F1.

Mad Al
25-07-2017, 20:15
Lots of fixes have gone in to reduce flicker, moiré patterns and other nasty stuff, along with changes to SS and AA.. with hopefully more improvements coming for performance and a few other minor things..

Yes all cars have complete interior and yes mirrors have full parallax, so you move your head you change what you see, just like the real thing..

and if you want to "step out" of a car, make sure you do it from an external view.. the cockpit view has poly reductions on the car exterior still (for the simple reason.. it improves performance)

There is also a new option on the immersion front.. but I'm not going to spoil that as I'm not sure if it's been shown yet..

Trippul G
25-07-2017, 20:28
Lots of fixes have gone in to reduce flicker, moiré patterns and other nasty stuff, along with changes to SS and AA.. with hopefully more improvements coming for performance and a few other minor things..

Yes all cars have complete interior and yes mirrors have full parallax, so you move your head you change what you see, just like the real thing..

and if you want to "step out" of a car, make sure you do it from an external view.. the cockpit view has poly reductions on the car exterior still (for the simple reason.. it improves performance)

There is also a new option on the immersion front.. but I'm not going to spoil that as I'm not sure if it's been shown yet..

I never even thought about that (being that I've never really played anything of interest in VR and don't personally own a rig)...but that is just cool as hell. Might have to track down a friend of mine who has a rig and see if I can convince him to pick up a copy of the game just so I can check it out...:cool:

finagle69
25-07-2017, 22:11

If it's the helmet, I saw it in _one_ VR vid.

ramm21
26-07-2017, 05:36
What about the terrible flickering shadows, overly dark interiors in pcars 1?

I thought some of that stuff could have been fixed with sliders and such, but I never bothered.. figuring out FFB was enough. To me, just the immersion and ability to sense speed better was enough, coming from a PS4 and flat screen setup. I guess I'll have more to complain about after I get used to it haha.

banner77amc
26-07-2017, 12:19
I have to wait for PSVR support otherwise I need to give up my actual project car for a PC that can support PCARS2

Cote Dazur
26-07-2017, 12:38
Flickering shadows are only in a few cars, but yes if those could be gone, it would be nice. I got rid of the changing darkness of the interior a long time ago, but I don't remember how.:)