PDA

View Full Version : G29 issue.

Chomps_McGee
14-07-2017, 03:05
Hi, just got a G29 recently and I've been running into the following issue upon startup. I'll get into a race and my wheel will be unnaturally stiff, to the point where it's hard to even turn at all, to remedy this I have to unplug the wheel from the PS4's USB port and then plug it back in again, after doing this the wheel will go back to feeling the way it should. Just wondering if anyone else has ever had this issue, and if so, did you ever figure out what was causing it or is this just something that tends to happen. I'm not really sure if it happens on any other games cause PCARS is the only racing game I have. Thanks in advance for any help.

hkraft300
14-07-2017, 08:30
I always use the g29 buttons to select and start the game. Haven't had this issue.

Edit: may want to turn off the ds4 too. Give it a go a few times see if you're still getting this problem. The controller makes my wheel act up actually.

Chomps_McGee
14-07-2017, 09:33
I always use the g29 buttons to select and start the game. Haven't had this issue.

Do you leave your G29 plugged in while your PS4 is in standby or "full off" mode? Or do you plug it in after your PS4 has already started up? I wonder if the issue has something to do with me just leaving it plugged in when I power down and never removing the USB cable from the PS4.It really feels like the centering spring is stuck at 100% or something. But after unplugging it and plugging it back in the issue never resurfaces for the remainder of my play session.

hkraft300
14-07-2017, 10:32
I usually unplug because I put the wheel away after I'm done racing.
Maybe it's not syncing very well from sleep mode?
The times that I had left it plugged in I started the ps4 from full off, then hit the PS button on the wheel to "sign in"/choose player profile, then start pcars.

Chomps_McGee
14-07-2017, 11:16
I'm gonna start unplugging it before turning it off and see if that fixes the problem.

Chomps_McGee
16-07-2017, 04:22
Hrmm. Just happened again tonight even though I've been unplugging it before powering down and not plugging it back in again until it's fully powered up and logged in. Really seemed like the problem had gone away for the past few days.

hkraft300
16-07-2017, 07:55
Firmware update?

Mowzer
16-07-2017, 17:58
I'm gonna start unplugging it before turning it off and see if that fixes the problem.

My G920 plays up if I turn the Xbox with it plugged in so i started unplugging before i shut down now seems to work ok now ;).

Chomps_McGee
16-07-2017, 19:19
Firmware update?

I've never updated the firmware on the wheel. I thought that if you used the PS4 it ignored the firmware updates. Not sure why I thought that.

Maybe I plugged it in a little before the system was all the way on or something.

hkraft300
16-07-2017, 23:19
I haven't updated either.

Chomps_McGee
19-07-2017, 20:38
It's still doing it no matter what I try. Looks like it's one of those things I'm just going to have to live with. At least until a pattern clicks in my head and I realize what's causing it. At least it's as simple of a fix as just unplugging it and plugging it back in.

dault3883
19-07-2017, 21:14
It's still doing it no matter what I try. Looks like it's one of those things I'm just going to have to live with. At least until a pattern clicks in my head and I realize what's causing it. At least it's as simple of a fix as just unplugging it and plugging it back in.

have you tried uninstalling the software for the G29 and reinstalling it

hkraft300
19-07-2017, 23:46
have you tried uninstalling the software for the G29 and reinstalling it

Don't do that on ps4.

dault3883
19-07-2017, 23:47
Don't do that on ps4.

LOL sorry im thinking PC didnt see the ps4 on his platform sign

cmch15
24-07-2017, 18:27

Little bit late to the party here, but I have never had what you describe. I had a problem with my first one disconnecting within seconds of switching it on, but got that replaced.

Are you on standard PS4 or Pro, and do you have any other games to try it with?

Chomps_McGee
26-07-2017, 22:44
Standard PS4, and I have Driveclub also, but the FFB is so god awful in that game I probably wouldn't even be able to tell the difference between the FFB being messed up and it functioning properly. Interestingly enough, the problem hasn't presented itself in the past few days, the only difference I can think of is that I've been powering all the way down and so the game itself has also been fully closing rather than when I enter standby mode and it continues to stay open in the background.

cmch15
27-07-2017, 10:16
Standard PS4, and I have Driveclub also, but the FFB is so god awful in that game I probably wouldn't even be able to tell the difference between the FFB being messed up and it functioning properly. Interestingly enough, the problem hasn't presented itself in the past few days, the only difference I can think of is that I've been powering all the way down and so the game itself has also been fully closing rather than when I enter standby mode and it continues to stay open in the background.

So you were leaving the game suspended and PS in rest mode? Sounds like that is the cause. I have never done it but I think there are/have been issues with that. At which point it makes sense that pulling and reconnecting the wheel would fix it :-)

Chomps_McGee
27-07-2017, 20:24
So you were leaving the game suspended and PS in rest mode? Sounds like that is the cause.
Yup. Just glad to have hopefully gotten this figured out.