PDA

View Full Version : So I've taken the plunge.

snipeme77
16-07-2017, 02:34
Just got myself a racing wheel that's compatible with my Xbox. Finally...

Just out of Curiosity is anybody out there taking the plunge with me? I know a lot of people already have racing wheels on this fourm. I'm just curious if project cars 2 has pushed anyone over the edge of updating or buying their first wheel?

dault3883
16-07-2017, 02:41
What wheel did you get

FIA
16-07-2017, 02:50
Yes, but i need to know all supported wheels, i can find on the thrustmaster site it shows tx and tmx are supported, in there game list it shows Pcars2
still waiting on the others, i had a wheel along time ago on another console, but racing games not as good back then, so time to update

snipeme77
16-07-2017, 03:10
What wheel did you get

Thrustmaster TMX amazon had if for 30% off today

I had/currently have a DFGT, which I like quite a bit

snipeme77
16-07-2017, 03:10
Yes, but i need to know all supported wheels, i can find on the thrustmaster site it shows tx and tmx are supported, in there game list it shows Pcars2
still waiting on the others, i had a wheel along time ago on another console, but racing games not as good back then, so time to update

Chances are if it's compatible with the console it'll be compatible with project cars...

dault3883
16-07-2017, 03:14
Thrustmaster TMX amazon had if for 30% off today

I had/currently have a DFGT, which I like quite a bit

DFGT?

snipeme77
16-07-2017, 03:18
DFGT?

I bought it back when GT5 prologue was a thing. Great little wheel, a $100 g25 if you ask me. I still use it today on PC and it's great but doesn't work on my xbox. (Which is the only thing that can play Pcars in this house)

dault3883
16-07-2017, 03:28
I bought it back when GT5 prologue was a thing. Great little wheel, a $100 g25 if you ask me. I still use it today on PC and it's great but doesn't work on my xbox. (Which is the only thing that can play Pcars in this house)

is it a logitech wheel because i have the same + - buttons and radial red with enter button in the middle on my logitech g29

snipeme77
16-07-2017, 03:29
is it a logitech wheel because i have the same + - buttons and radial red with enter button in the middle on my logitech g29

Yep it's where that dial came from.

Azure Flare
16-07-2017, 04:06

Expect Xbox branded wheels to work with PCars 2, just like how Playstation branded ones work on PS4.

I bet Fanatec, Logitech, and Thrustmaster wish they didn't have to make separate versions of the exact same model just so that Sony and Microsoft would allow those wheels to be used.

snipeme77
16-07-2017, 04:11
Expect Xbox branded wheels to work with PCars 2, just like how Playstation branded ones work on PS4.

I bet Fanatec, Logitech, and Thrustmaster wish they didn't have to make separate versions of the exact same model just so that Sony and Microsoft would allow those wheels to be used.

Yeah it's stupid as hell. It's increased the price of the wheels themselves, and there ton's and tons of wheels out there that work for pc, but like 3 a piece for the consoles... urg

dault3883
16-07-2017, 04:28
Yeah it's stupid as hell. It's increased the price of the wheels themselves, and there ton's and tons of wheels out there that work for pc, but like 3 a piece for the consoles... urg

all the more reason to go with PC

Chomps_McGee
16-07-2017, 04:34
Picked up PCars 1 a couple weeks ago on sale on the PSN. Had never even heard of the game until I saw it for sale, liked it so much I ended up getting a G29 that just got delivered this past monday. Put 15-20 hours on it in the span of 5 or 6 days. Can't wait for PCars 2 so I can drive the F40 LM, F50 GT, 288 GTO, 333 SP, and old P4. Those are seriously my favorite Ferraris/cars of all time. Especially the F40 LM.

Trippul G
16-07-2017, 04:58
Just got myself a racing wheel that's compatible with my Xbox. Finally...

Just out of Curiosity is anybody out there taking the plunge with me? I know a lot of people already have racing wheels on this fourm. I'm just curious if project cars 2 has pushed anyone over the edge of updating or buying their first wheel?

I'd love to use a wheel, but I've decided no more wheels on consoles for me. I currently have a Fanatec GT2 wheel with Clubsport pedals and a Wheelstand pro that I bought for use with my Xbox 360. Got about 2 years of use out of the rig before the XB1 was released, only to discover it was incompatible.

I still have it, packed up in boxes from a recent move. Not sure why, tbh, I guess I figure if I ever get around to buying a gaming PC, I can use it with that. But by that time, the wheel/pedals will probably be too old and won't be supported by any modern games anyway.

Regardless, it's pretty clear that accessories like that tend to have a much longer lifespan for PC than they do for consoles. After dropping the amount of money I did for only a couple years of use, I decided never again. If I do decide to get another rig, it will definitely be for a PC.

snipeme77
16-07-2017, 05:11
I'd love to use a wheel, but I've decided no more wheels on consoles for me. I currently have a Fanatec GT2 wheel with Clubsport pedals and a Wheelstand pro that I bought for use with my Xbox 360. Got about 2 years of use out of the rig before the XB1 was released, only to discover it was incompatible.

I still have it, packed up in boxes from a recent move. Not sure why, tbh, I guess I figure if I ever get around to buying a gaming PC, I can use it with that. But by that time, the wheel/pedals will probably be too old and won't be supported by any modern games anyway.

Regardless, it's pretty clear that accessories like that tend to have a much longer lifespan for PC than they do for consoles. After dropping the amount of money I did for only a couple years of use, I decided never again. If I do decide to get another rig, it will definitely be for a PC.

Yeah I agree, I doubt I'll get another console... They're almost a bigger pain in the rear as most of my PC's

Eric Everfast
16-07-2017, 06:10
PC2 will also be the game to prompt me to get a wheel although I'll be playing it on a controller first for the better part of the year. Karting is eating up more of my leisure money right now; got into some league racing and perhaps planning on getting a 125cc kart next summer if all goes well :D. For the wheel setup I'm definitely looking to get Fanatec gear; I want the ffb in the pedals with the clubsport V3s.

I believe that the only advantage controller players have over wheel users that have entry level pedals is the ffb in the trigger for braking. I might be completely off the mark though; it could be that the ffb is accurately translated through the wheel even though the feel is not in the pedal itself while applying more travel on the brake. If you can't feel lock up through the wheel or pedals on cheaper setups then us controller players can get more consistent/later braking. Does anybody with thrustmaster pedals want to shed some light on this? I'm curious.

Azure Flare
16-07-2017, 09:57
Does anybody with thrustmaster pedals want to shed some light on this? I'm curious.

I've used the ones that come with a T500 RS and they are dreadful until you mod the pedals to get any sort of resistance out of them.

Francisnf
16-07-2017, 10:28
It pushed me over the edge to buy a pc!

STEELJOCKEY
16-07-2017, 10:46
Thrustmaster also has the TS-XW coming later this year for Xbox/PC. It is basically the TS-PC which is a PC only wheel base. And possibly packaged with a Sparco rim and maybe T3PA-Pro pedals.

gotdirt410sprintcar
16-07-2017, 11:17
The real stupid part about console and wheels is first over priced for half a wheel meaning on pc you can make changes too the wheel separately from game. Why please why can't this be put in each game on console so i have full potential of my 500 dollar wheel. This should been done allready in this time of gaming .

STEELJOCKEY
16-07-2017, 11:35
Unfortunately it's not up to the wheel manufacturers about how many buttons will work on a console, but the console manufacturers restrictions on the console itself that limits how many buttons will work.

gotdirt410sprintcar
16-07-2017, 11:58
Unfortunately it's not up to the wheel manufacturers about how many buttons will work on a console, but the console manufacturers restrictions on the console itself that limits how many buttons will work. i agree with you there still console is screwing us mostly sony they have a huge roll in how wheels work etc, They are getting something every time a thrustmaster is bought and fanatic and logitech. And we still get a half wheel dirt 4 there is a setting that is used on pc that is not on console. All i want is the control panel stupid

Mowzer
16-07-2017, 12:49
I decided to treat myself to a wheel and pedals this January in the sales Curries PC world were doing the Logitech G920 and a H shifter for just over 120. The wheel and pedals normally retail at 200+ on their own depending where you buy. So i thought sod it took the plunge and now i love it after figuring out the FFB setting for every car. I wonder how i ever raced with a controller lol.

Mowzer
16-07-2017, 13:04
i agree with you there still console is screwing us mostly sony they have a huge roll in how wheels work etc, They are getting something every time a thrustmaster is bought and fanatic and logitech. And we still get a half wheel dirt 4 there is a setting that is used on pc that is not on console. All i want is the control panel stupid

I thought that on the PS4 you could use a button box/control panel? We can't use anything on the Xbox one which i a pity as there are already 2 buttons that don't do anything on my Logitech :confused:.

gotdirt410sprintcar
16-07-2017, 14:27
I thought that on the PS4 you could use a button box/control panel? We can't use anything on the Xbox one which i a pity as there are already 2 buttons that don't do anything on my Logitech :confused:.

No the control panel like on pc you can adjust spring damper FFB separately from game your playing. And yes yoU can use a button box

dault3883
16-07-2017, 14:30
No the control panel like on pc you can adjust spring damper FFB separately from game your playing. And yes yoU can use a button box

so you can use a button box on PS4? and PC. Sounds like Xbox needs to get with the program

Dangerpaws
16-07-2017, 16:30
Can't wait for PCars 2 so I can drive the F40 LM, F50 GT, 288 GTO, 333 SP, and old P4.

Wait.... the vintage Ferrari P4 will be in Project Cars 2? Where did you hear that? That would be great, but I haven't heard anything about that car in the game...

Mowzer
16-07-2017, 16:39
Wait.... the vintage Ferrari P4 will be in Project Cars 2? Where did you hear that? That would be great, but I haven't heard anything about that car in the game...

Here you go mate vintage prototype B
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?49899-Project-CARS-2-The-FULL-car-list-at-launch-Sept-22th-(all-197-cars)

Dangerpaws
16-07-2017, 19:02
Here you go mate vintage prototype B
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?49899-Project-CARS-2-The-FULL-car-list-at-launch-Sept-22th-(all-197-cars)

Excellent.... Looking forward to driving the P4!!!!!!!!!!

FIA
16-07-2017, 23:21
Is this it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_SgDmRhoIM

snipeme77
16-07-2017, 23:35
so you can use a button box on PS4? and PC. Sounds like Xbox needs to get with the program

Especially when you consider a Xbox is just a PC in disguise

RU486
17-07-2017, 01:52

same here, I had my wheel for about 9mths before xbone1 came on the scene. got packed away and didn't use my GT2 wheel until PCars1 came out. which it works great with Pcars, once you set it up correctly. fingers crossed it will work as well with PCars 2.

Trippul G
17-07-2017, 03:38
same here, I had my wheel for about 9mths before xbone1 came on the scene. got packed away and didn't use my GT2 wheel until PCars1 came out. which it works great with Pcars, once you set it up correctly. fingers crossed it will work as well with PCars 2.

Yeah, I'm still kind of bitter about the whole situation, tbh. Although it's good to know that the GT2 and Clubsport v1 gear works well on PC with pcars1...I'll be interested to know if that's the case for pcars2. Buying a gaming PC doesn't look like it's going to be in the budget any time soon, but I guess you never know.

**edit**

Out of curiosity, how do you have it all connected to your PC? I know the pedals plugged into the wheel, and then the wheel itself was wireless for the 360. Do you need a dongle going to PC? If so, is that something you have to get separately from Fanatec? I don't remember mine coming with one.

RU486
17-07-2017, 04:20
Out of curiosity, how do you have it all connected to your PC? I know the pedals plugged into the wheel, and then the wheel itself was wireless for the 360. Do you need a dongle going to PC? If so, is that something you have to get separately from Fanatec? I don't remember mine coming with one.
it plug's straight into a USB socket. Im sure it came with the suppled cable. U did get a dongle for PS2/3. Once set up correctly it works so much better in PC mode than it ever did on Xbox, but saying that I use to use Forza, not really a sim, but that another story.

There is no reason that Im aware of it wont work and work well with Pcars 2 (insert fingers crosses smilie)

Trippul G
17-07-2017, 05:01
it plug's straight into a USB socket. Im sure it came with the suppled cable. U did get a dongle for PS2/3.

I think I have the cable. I have a vague recollection of maybe receiving a dongle with it, but if it's only for Playstation use, I'm not worried.

Once set up correctly it works so much better in PC mode than it ever did on Xbox, but saying that I use to use Forza, not really a sim, but that another story.

I bought mine primarily because of F1 2010 / 2011. Fun games, but the cars were so damn fast and twitchy with a controller. I also used it with Forza...4, was it? Maybe not a "true" sim, but still a lot more fun with the wheel. I do miss using my rig. Maybe one day I'll get something set up again.

Djuvinile
17-07-2017, 10:18
Before Pcars 1 i had a DFGT as well, but it wasnt compatible with ps4, so actually pcars 1 made me buy a T300rs , th8a, t3pa, f1 add on and a playseat challenge...

Itsdoomsday48
17-07-2017, 12:45
Bought a wheel with a cockpit about 3 weeks ago, so glad I didn't wait any longer, has made games like PC and F1 2016 so much more enjoyable

dault3883
17-07-2017, 12:47
i only use my wheel for project cars every time i go to use it for something else it screws up my button assignments on pcars so every thing else i use my Logitech F310 Game pad

Mowzer
17-07-2017, 14:46

Especially when you consider a Xbox is just a PC in disguise

Yeah its crazy Microsoft have been promising keyboard and mouse support for the XBOX1 for ages now and now the XBOX1X is out in October so i guess it never gonna happen :confused:.

dault3883
17-07-2017, 14:49
Yeah its crazy Microsoft have been promising keyboard and mouse support for the XBOX1 for ages now and now the XBOX1X is out in October so i guess it never gonna happen :confused:.

i think its really sad that microsoft can make computers that can use button box's and sony can do so as well for their console. Whats microsofts excuse about their console LOL and Nintendo doesnt even come into factor is funny as they and sega where originally the video game giants

Mowzer
17-07-2017, 17:13
i think its really sad that microsoft can make computers that can use button box's and sony can do so as well for their console. Whats microsofts excuse about their console LOL and Nintendo doesnt even come into factor is funny as they and sega where originally the video game giants

Who knows mate they just keep saying it coming in the future so it could be anytime. It also looks like Microsoft are not going to add VR support for the Xbox ether :(.

dault3883
17-07-2017, 17:21
Who knows mate they just keep saying it coming in the future so it could be anytime. It also looks like Microsoft are not going to add VR support for the Xbox ether :(.

i could care less about VR i like Monitor and i found a friend on here that lives close buy so we can team up for endurance races on single player at first maybe online later

Mowzer
17-07-2017, 17:29
i could care less about VR i like Monitor and i found a friend on here that lives close buy so we can team up for endurance races on single player at first maybe online later

Cool me a few friends used to do endurance races back in the days of Gran Turimo 2 we set up the longest race we could 2 player split screen. Then race for how many laps and swap over to your partner on the longest strait lol it used to be epic fun :D.

dault3883
17-07-2017, 17:33
Cool me a few friends used to do endurance races back in the days of Gran Turimo 2 we set up the longest race we could 2 player split screen. Then race for how many laps and swap over to your partner on the longest strait lol it used to be epic fun :D.

we will likely be doing it in the pits lol if youve seen my rig its right next to my bed i can literaly roll out of bed and into my rig in the morning LOL #practicedriverswaps LOL

gotdirt410sprintcar
17-07-2017, 19:08
Before Pcars 1 i had a DFGT as well, but it wasnt compatible with ps4, so actually pcars 1 made me buy a T300rs , th8a, t3pa, f1 add on and a playseat challenge...

And you spent all that money and console aka sony xbox say NO!!!! To the control panel for your wheel.

dault3883
17-07-2017, 19:17
And you spent all that money and console pricks so NO!!!! To your control panel for your wheel they should send them too Syria since they think everything is perfect.

no need to be violent this is a peacefull place