PDA

View Full Version : Can anything be done about rammers?

Alfisti
17-07-2017, 11:23
Playing a bit online now and man, the entire experience is ruined by rammers. I am not even sure WHAt the answer is but are there any plans to try and get on top of it for PC2?

breyzipp
17-07-2017, 11:29
Playing a bit online now and man, the entire experience is ruined by rammers. I am not even sure WHAt the answer is but are there any plans to try and get on top of it for PC2?

PCARS 2 will have a competitive racing license which (after the initial days of playing) should result in only likeminded players being grouped together for multiplayer.

Roger Prynne
17-07-2017, 11:58
With eSports growing ever popular in the gaming world in general sim racing has perhaps been a little bit slow on the take up. With many of the current crop of racing games adhering to the traditional format of online lobbies and organised private league and club racing events, only iRacing.com have really cornered the market for mass multiplayer experiences and such bells and whistles as driver ranking and large scale sponsored competitive racing schedules.

The original Project CARS game released by Slightly Mad Studios back in 2015 made several tentative steps towards fully supporting this growing aspect of online play, and it seems the British developers have taken another large stride towards establishing the franchise as a major player in the world of large scale virtual sim racing.

With Project CARS 2 due to drop for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Windows PC towards the end of the current year, recent information released by the developers suggest the new game will be feature rich in support of those players looking to experience a more structured and accessible way to participate in online racing events.

The new Project CARS 2 game will be supporting eSports right from day one this time, with several features built into the software that look to make a considerable improvement over more traditional online functionality.

Much like iRacing do with their hugely successful racing "service", SMS have looked to create a ranked multiplayer experience in the new game, with drivers earning ratings based on their performances out on the track. Three key areas that Project CARS 2 will be looking to monitor in the new title will be on track behaviour, experience in game and the results of the player in comparison to their rivals within the event.

Slightly Mad Studios will do this by making use of some inbuilt technology within the game that tracks statistics using an "enhanced Elo-based rating system". In an attempt to perform a matchmaking service where players can be placed in events with drivers of similar statistics, the new functionally has been designed to help direct the safer and more serious racers into the same events, helping to reduce the number of occasions when players looking to cause trouble during a race spoil the fun of those in search of a more competent experience.

The three categories that will be covered in the new rating system are:

Seniority
The more you play, the more your Seniority increases. At a glance you'll be able to see which drivers are new to the game, and which are veterans.

Racecraft
Your conduct out on the track is known as your Racecraft. The more professional you are, the more it will increase. Break the rules however and it will decrease. Use this to see who can be trusted out on the tarmac, and who is there just to cause grief for others.

Success
The more you win, the more your Success is affected. We take into account the length of the race, the number of other drivers, and their own competitiveness too. So beat players of a higher skill level and it'll increase a lot, lose against players of lower skill than your own and it'll decrease.

As well as performing a matchmaking function these new statistics can also be used as a minimum requirement when hosting your own events, leagues and championships.

David Semperger
17-07-2017, 14:19
Check out this thread for a bit more information on the rating system (or racing license), I've quote a few relevant dev posts from GT Planet here: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?50721-Ranking-System

snipeme77
17-07-2017, 15:49
Check out this thread for a bit more information on the rating system (or racing license), I've quote a few relevant dev posts from GT Planet here: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?50721-Ranking-System

Can the racing license be effected by Single player?

Roger Prynne
17-07-2017, 16:58
No...lol

FS7
17-07-2017, 17:20
Imo the only rammer that should be allowed in racing sims is the one made by Dodge. Hopefully SMS's online ranking system will be successful at grouping clean players together, and dirty players will be grouped together in their wreckfest dark lobby of doom.

dault3883
17-07-2017, 17:28
i know who their idol is the rammers that is James hunt "Hunt the shunt" :p

honespc
17-07-2017, 17:48
I am not even sure WHAt the answer isCollisions on/off. It's as simple as that.

Devs don't seem willing to add this primary thing though that every other racer features. Must be more of that story of personal preferences

Fight-Test
17-07-2017, 18:04
Collisions on/off. It's as simple as that.

Devs don't seem willing to add this primary thing though that every other racer features. Must be more of that story of personal preferences

I saw ghosting option in the menu video so you should be good. That is not racing though if they are ghosted, Its a lame car parade that develops no race craft or awareness skills. Great for arcade style players who have no respect for real drivers though.

dault3883
17-07-2017, 18:08
I saw ghosting option in the menu video so you should be good. That is not racing though if they are ghosted, Its a lame car parade that develops no race craft or awareness skills. Great for arcade style players who have no respect for real drivers though.

agreed half the fun can be in trying to figure out how to make a clean pass on some one

Fight-Test
17-07-2017, 18:15
agreed half the fun can be in trying to figure out how to make a clean pass on some one

Thats what racing is right? I remember a older game, maybe Forza 4(?) that had a time trial mode where you could ghost a friends fast lap and see him while you were running a fast lap. That had its uses and you could even learn a bit from really good drivers lines and brake points. Might as well just run laps alone if your gonna ghost, after all its just about time at that point.

FS7
17-07-2017, 18:29
Imo collisions off is a good option to have when racing against strangers (some of us don't have time to join leagues and play at random days/times), even if you have damage & penalties enabled and driving aids banned every now and then there's somebody that joins the lobby just for the sake of ruining other people's races.

Against people you know collisions on is the way to go.

dault3883
17-07-2017, 18:35
Thats what racing is right? I remember a older game, maybe Forza 4(?) that had a time trial mode where you could ghost a friends fast lap and see him while you were running a fast lap. That had its uses and you could even learn a bit from really good drivers lines and brake points. Might as well just run laps alone if your gonna ghost, after all its just about time at that point.

agreed thats not racing its time trials LOL

ramm21
17-07-2017, 18:57
No...lol

So the custom championships are online based right? You can load up a field of just you and the rest AI. Will your rankings be elevated by beating a field of AI opponents set at an easy difficulty?

honespc
17-07-2017, 19:02
I saw ghosting option in the menu video so you should be good.Applies only to retards trying to go backwards and cause mayhem, like in pc1 same option that is.

That is not racing though if they are ghosted, Its a lame car parade that develops no race craft or awareness skills. Great for arcade style players who have no respect for real drivers though.

agreed thats not racing its time trials LOLWould love to see you guys saying the same by the time you try to run (or join) your 3rd, 4th, 5th etc more online public session attempt, and again ends up on mayhem. That must be racing for you

dault3883
17-07-2017, 19:15
It's just for retards trying to go backwards and cause mayhem, like in pc1 same option that is.

Would love to see you guys saying the same by the time you try to run (or join) your 3rd, 4th, 5th etc more online public session attempt, and again ends up on mayhem. That must be racing for you

theres a reason i dont do online racing because the pubic ones are nothing but demolition derby's and i dont have time to join a league so to answer your question i wont join online races because unless you are in a league its not real racing.

you can loose the hostility to those who dont share the same opinion as you btw

Roger Prynne
17-07-2017, 19:15

You mean like we have in pCARS 1 now.

FS7
17-07-2017, 19:38
So the custom championships are online based right? You can load up a field of just you and the rest AI. Will your rankings be elevated by beating a field of AI opponents set at an easy difficulty?

Success
The more you win, the more your Success is affected. We take into account the length of the race, the number of other drivers, and their own competitiveness too. So beat players of a higher skill level and it'll increase a lot, lose against players of lower skill than your own and it'll decrease.
Taking into account the bold part my guess is that doing custom online races against easiest AI would have little effect on your online ranking, maybe no effect at all. Ideally online ranking should only take into account human opponents, not AI.

Mad Al
17-07-2017, 19:45
Racing without collisions isn't racing, it's hot lapping..

Unless you happen to be right at the front from the light turning green until the flag drops.. you have to make corners fit the conditions and the other people on the track.. yes, I have a couple of times had that hot lapping thing on a real race track, but most of the time you are either trying to get inside or outside the person in front, or taking lines you wouldn't normally to try and **** up the person behind's optimal line to stop them getting past... none of which is really the best way to get around a race track quickly.. but it is the very essence of racing.

Roger Prynne
17-07-2017, 19:52
^ Exactly.

Alfisti
17-07-2017, 20:24
Is there something in between random online and a league? I don't have the time for a league and cannot dedicate to being available but if we had say a group of 100 trusted guys that one could limit the racing too, you'd think most times enough would be online to race.

Just such a war right now, last weekend likely half my attempts were ruined by rammers and that INCLUDES the ones i missed by being coy at the first corner anticipating the mayhem. I had one race where a guy was up my clacker for 5 laps around bathurst, he was a solid 1.5 to 2 seconds faster than me, but he never touched me once. It can be done!

dault3883
17-07-2017, 20:32
Is there something in between random online and a league? I don't have the time for a league and cannot dedicate to being available but if we had say a group of 100 trusted guys that one could limit the racing too, you'd think most times enough would be online to race.

Just such a war right now, last weekend likely half my attempts were ruined by rammers and that INCLUDES the ones i missed by being coy at the first corner anticipating the mayhem. I had one race where a guy was up my clacker for 5 laps around bathurst, he was a solid 1.5 to 2 seconds faster than me, but he never touched me once. It can be done!

or at least be able to set up private racing rooms one person could invite people too to race in I know Nascar 2015 Victory edition had that as me and a friend used to do just that and have a 1 on 1 race against each other

Trippul G
17-07-2017, 20:41

I don't know that that's ever been officially acknowledged as being possible for us to do, has it?

Alfisti
17-07-2017, 20:41
or at least be able to set up private racing rooms one person could invite people too to race in I know Nascar 2015 Victory edition had that as me and a friend used to do just that and have a 1 on 1 race against each other

You can, there's a private/public toggle no or am i misunderstanding what that means? The issue is getting the group together from what i can tell. I have been making friend requests if i spot a clean racer but that's a slog.

dault3883
17-07-2017, 20:53
You can, there's a private/public toggle no or am i misunderstanding what that means? The issue is getting the group together from what i can tell. I have been making friend requests if i spot a clean racer but that's a slog.

some times having 3 or 4 friends is enough i mean a 3 way battle between 3 people can be pretty fun i know i did a race in career mode on F1 2012 against Schumacher and bruno senna at melbourne and it was a really close battle between us 3 you could of thrown a blanket over us figuratively speaking

honespc
17-07-2017, 20:53
Just such a war right now, last weekend likely half my attempts were ruined by rammers and that INCLUDES the ones i missed by being coy at the first corner anticipating the mayhem. I had one race where a guy was up my clacker for 5 laps around bathurst, he was a solid 1.5 to 2 seconds faster than me, but he never touched me once. It can be done!I know the excitement when you find one of these players who know he can't touch you when you block the inside line of the corners, and will respect you to the very end of the race instead of pushing you off the road once he realizes he can't overtake, or in the first corner straight away in the beginning of the race.

Sadly, that happens only one out of a hundred times in public lobbies, hence why collisions on/off is that necessary. In the world of online racing, and not just the racing genre only tbh, you have to think everybody is a retard until the opposite is demonstrated by racing clean and respecting others on the track. I mean, you can give them the benefit of the doubt when you are in "innocent/naive mode" as you begin your online session (your first attempt) and allow collisions. However, given the 99% probability of the race ending up in failure, then collisions on/off allows you to deal with retardation the way it must be done by your second attempt. In other words, denying trouble makers, precisely, what feeds their lesser minds.

Fight-Test
17-07-2017, 23:55
You mean like we have in pCARS 1 now.

Unfortunately it wouldn't work for me on PS4. I tried it quite a few times early so can't remember the details but our league couldn't get each others laps to show so never went back to time trial. Wasn't supposed to be 2 ghosts you could select? Idk if many guys used it as there weren't many times listed for tracts.

To honespc - I race only online and in leagues which I haven't run leagues in a while. yea it sucks sometimes but it sucks in real life when you get wrecked and half to catch up too. You can also tell alot by the room settings. Longer races (10 or more laps) with assists off or on real, manual gears, damage on, wear and damage on lend to better rooms. Also rooms with less players. 10 is normally a good number since you will be lucky to have 1 or 2 that have the pace and if they do its 50/50 if they have any race craft. Its also really easy to meet alot of good nice guys that you can race with online and seperate off from the public races. Stay away from the fast cars also. FA and LMP1 are the worst. I guess the worst drivers feel that if they are in faster car they will be better. GT3 has some good racers but also the worst of the worst because those are the rooms that full of targets for the rammers. Hkraft had the best advice. At end of qualification boot anyone that didn't run any laps, anyone that is over 3 seconds off the fastest time, anyone that looks like they are all over in spectate mode. It was a pain at times but also met some guys I'm friends with still from random pcars lobbys. I do find it worse now than it ever was early on. I guess it got cheap so alot of guys picked it up. One thing also was the controller guys struggled with the how the controller worked so that should be fixed and hopefully makes them more competitive.

hkraft300
18-07-2017, 01:26
Is there something in between random online and a league?

Yes. Add some people, like the guy you raced at Bathurst as you come across them.
Run private lobbies.

Also you should host public lobbies too, and the final ~5 minutes before lights, you can monitor the behaviour of other drivers and kick as you please.

racesafegrandad
18-07-2017, 12:38
My work around.
First I chose only 9 other players when I am the host.
Then I get my qualifying done with about 10 minutes to go and watch the other players and kick the obvious bad ones.
Then usually I get a good race? :)

Djuvinile
18-07-2017, 12:52
Find yourself some good racing community's , on PS4 ive joined GAVRA and some others and there's always pcars racing going on (sometimes 20+ lobby's) , and 99% is clean racing.

Fight-Test
18-07-2017, 14:19
Leagues are the best option for sure. You have a base of guys right there to practice with every night. I don't think that interested him though as he want's to run ghost races so probably never ran with a league.

Alfisti
18-07-2017, 14:38
Gee it was bad last night, took four attempts before i could find a clean race.

I really need to get a wheel rig, that way I can use the manual gears etc and that i think narrows the field of idiots to a minimum.

hkraft300
18-07-2017, 14:51
I don't race in a regular league competition.
But I do race with the league guys when I can. They run casual races often. Super competitive, glory, mishaps, dropped wheel nuts, blown engines, heated wheel to wheel drama and the occasional crash.

If you can excuse genuine mistakes and a bit of paint swapping, it shouldn't be hard to find a good crew. Give each other some tolerance and benefit of doubt. Earn each others respect by racing hard but fair.

Alfisti
18-07-2017, 16:03
That's what i am after but where do i find these communities?

Also i am not super fast, let's say 2 to 3 seconds off of the best times in GT3 (i tun 2.07's to 2.08's at Bathurst for example) so will I just be miles behind everyone?

Roger Prynne
18-07-2017, 16:06
^ http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/forumdisplay.php?135-PS4-Multiplayer-Event-Planning

hkraft300
18-07-2017, 16:22
That's what i am after but where do i find these communities?

Also i am not super fast, let's say 2 to 3 seconds off of the best times in GT3 (i tun 2.07's to 2.08's at Bathurst for example) so will I just be miles behind everyone?

Only against a bunch of Aussie's in a GT3/Falcon Bathurst race :p
If that's your pace, a clean consistent race will have you chasing regular podiums in most races.

dault3883
18-07-2017, 16:25
Only against a bunch of Aussie's in a GT3/Falcon Bathurst race :p
If that's your pace, a clean consistent race will have you chasing regular podiums in most races.

in other words dont race in a race with Hkraft and his fellow Aussie friends LOL :p

Mahjik
18-07-2017, 16:25
Sometimes it can be difficult to find a league that fits with an individual's schedule. It will take some time, like iRacing for the stats system to work for PC2 but it will eventually provide better public racing for those who cannot find leagues that fit their schedule.

hkraft300
18-07-2017, 16:35
in other words dont race in a race with Hkraft and his fellow Aussie friends LOL :p

I barely make 2:08 at Bathurst.
But guys like aussiecob, optimus, aus-69-racing are doing 2:03's race pace all day with a heavy tank!

FS7
18-07-2017, 19:40
In my experience creating a lobby with realistic damage & penalties enabled and driving aids banned is generally a good way to keep rammers out. The bad part is that it might take a while to get a decent number of people to join the lobby.

Fight-Test
18-07-2017, 19:46
I barely make 2:08 at Bathurst.
But guys like aussiecob, optimus, aus-69-racing are doing 2:03's race pace all day with a heavy tank!

We always ran close in GT3 but you are one the fastest LMP2 drivers I have driven against. You gonna be on PS4 again this round or some PC also?

honespc
18-07-2017, 20:44
Position markers also helps avoiding lateral crashes. I wonder if we have this in pc2 now, as I don't understand why this wasn't a feature in pc1. It's an important one

hkraft300
18-07-2017, 23:59
We always ran close in GT3 but you are one the fastest LMP2 drivers I have driven against. You gonna be on PS4 again this round or some PC also?

Thanks mate. I'm faster since we raced :D
Na, still PS4.
I should upgrade to a Pro at least.

Position markers also helps avoiding lateral crashes.

Confirmed. Arrow things on the screen edge.
Spotter too, not sure if the latter is for ovals only or all discipline (I suspect it's for all).

dault3883
19-07-2017, 00:12
Na, still PS4.

Spotter too, not sure if the latter is for ovals only or all discipline (I suspect it's for all).

it would be cool to have a spotter for all because sometimes when your door to door with a car going into and around a corner especially an open wheel car its hard not accidentally hit him it makes it very tight because you some times cant see the car thats there so a spotter telling you for example "car outside still there still there clear" would help tremendously

Roger Prynne
19-07-2017, 09:24
Na, still PS4.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?50655-Project-CARS-2-SMS-Approved-WMD-made-Videos&p=1346237&viewfull=1#post1346237

Alfisti
19-07-2017, 13:30
So i was on the receiving end last night. I was in third place, GT3, 'Ring GP track, first two were having an absolute DING DONG fight. Second place was quicker but first was a very, very aggressive blocker.

Anyways, amongst their squabbling I was catching them but misjudged a braking point and nudged second place by accident. He copped a 5 second penalty so i penalised myself by waiting for his to expire, keping him in second at least. BOOM I was booted!

Damn.

FS7
19-07-2017, 14:39
Iirc in the menu/options video posted a few days ago you could choose between off, enabled only in disciplines that have it irl, or enabled in all disciplines.

dault3883
19-07-2017, 15:10
Iirc in the menu/options video posted a few days ago you could choose between off, enabled only in disciplines that have it irl, or enabled in all disciplines.

if thats true im turning spotter on always nice to have that voice in your ear telling you when there is some one next to you and if you are clear or not i wasnt aware they didnt have spotters in sports car racing

racesafegrandad
19-07-2017, 17:28
So i was on the receiving end last night. I was in third place, GT3, 'Ring GP track, first two were having an absolute DING DONG fight. Second place was quicker but first was a very, very aggressive blocker.

Anyways, amongst their squabbling I was catching them but misjudged a braking point and nudged second place by accident. He copped a 5 second penalty so i penalised myself by waiting for his to expire, keping him in second at least. BOOM I was booted!

Damn.

Happens to the best of us.

hkraft300
20-07-2017, 00:15
. BOOM I was booted!

Damn.

Been kicked for qualifying 3 seconds ahead of the field.
Bogged the start but took the lead half lap later. Booted.

I was trying to cherry pick an easy win :rolleyes:

dault3883
20-07-2017, 00:32
Been kicked for qualifying 3 seconds ahead of the field.
Bogged the start but took the lead half lap later. Booted.

I was trying to cherry pick an easy win :rolleyes:

what thats stupid there are races where guys are that far out too

David Semperger
24-07-2017, 10:22
Sometimes it can be difficult to find a league that fits with an individual's schedule. It will take some time, like iRacing for the stats system to work for PC2 but it will eventually provide better public racing for those who cannot find leagues that fit their schedule.

I do wonder though, are player stats still stored in a local file? What about our license? If the answer is yes to both, what will prevent wreckers from resetting their driver rating to the default value after constantly ruining races online?

Fight-Test
24-07-2017, 21:29
I do wonder though, are player stats still stored in a local file? What about our license? If the answer is yes to both, what will prevent wreckers from resetting their driver rating to the default value after constantly ruining races online?

you can set a minimum score for the room also. So if they are new or bad they can race with you.

Mahjik
24-07-2017, 22:21

I'm not sure, but I would wager some data other than leaderboard data is stored on the platform storage side.

David Semperger
25-07-2017, 12:37
you can set a minimum score for the room also. So if they are new or bad they can race with you.

I know that of course. My worry was that the starting point for the safety rating wasn't the minimum, so if it starts dropping below the default value, due to someone crashing into others constantly, then they could reset it back to the higher default value, essentially making the lower levels of it meaningless. This won't be the case however as The_American confirmed on GT Planet, the starting value of the safety rating for new profiles is the absolute minimum possible: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/q-a-with-slight-mad-studios-ian-bell-read-op.353715/page-93#post-11891895

U is the lowest safety score and where everyone begins. If someone creates a new account/profile, they'll be "sent back" to U

Your safety score can only increase from U

I'm not sure, but I would wager some data other than leaderboard data is stored on the platform storage side.

I hope so, otherwise I'm sure some clever people will find a way to mess with the locally stored driver profile.

honespc
25-07-2017, 13:00
It will take some time, like iRacing for the stats system to work for PC2 but it will eventually provide better public racing for those who cannot find leagues that fit their schedule.This is what I'm expecting the matching system to be as an outcome of some months after release algorithm work. That should be its primary goal, and also work as expected.

Trippul G
25-07-2017, 13:24
Can I ask a potentially stupid series of questions? I realize this may not be the proper place, so I apologize in advance, but something has been bugging me since I got here a few weeks ago.

These forums are the official forums for the Project Cars series of games, are they not? It shares the same base projectcarsgame URL, so I would assume so.

GTPlanet is a forum primarily for the Gran Turismo series of games, is it not? At the very least, it would seem reasonable to assume that it's not the official forum for Project Cars.

So...why is it that seemingly all information that comes from Ian Bell, or The American, or pretty much anyone "in the know" within SMS, goes to GTPlanet first, and then trickles down second-hand to here?

DECATUR PLAYA
25-07-2017, 14:13
Can I ask a potentially stupid series of questions? I realize this may not be the proper place, so I apologize in advance, but something has been bugging me since I got here a few weeks ago.

These forums are the official forums for the Project Cars series of games, are they not? It shares the same base projectcarsgame URL, so I would assume so.

GTPlanet is a forum primarily for the Gran Turismo series of games, is it not? At the very least, it would seem reasonable to assume that it's not the official forum for Project Cars.

So...why is it that seemingly all information that comes from Ian Bell, or The American, or pretty much anyone "in the know" within SMS, goes to GTPlanet first, and then trickles down second-hand to here?

^Cause most of the jacka**es went over there when they got kicked from here.

I don't go there I rather wait for it to come here. I think legitimate issues with the game stated in a respectful way makes the game better. I don't know how it is now but the few times that I've been there I didn't care for the reckless bashing. SMS doesn't use normal advertising methods which I like because it saves them money which gives them control of their own destiny.

Trippul G
25-07-2017, 14:25
^Cause most of the jacka**es went over there when they got kicked from here.

I don't go there I rather wait for it to come here. I think legitimate issues with the game stated in a respectful way makes the game better. I don't know how it is now but the few times that I've been there I didn't care for the reckless bashing. SMS doesn't use normal advertising methods which I like because it saves them money which gives them control of their own destiny.

I'm not sure I follow. I don't understand why the team developing Project Cars wouldn't be interacting primarily with the official forum for Project Cars, and not a forum dedicated primarily to a rival game.

Are you saying that SMS are just posting "where the people are", so to speak, so they can get the greatest number of eyeballs on their stuff as possible?

Sorry if i'm misinterpreting things, and again, sorry for bringing this thread OT, but I'm really genuinely curious as to the reasoning behind all of this.

Sankyo
25-07-2017, 19:56
I'm not sure I follow. I don't understand why the team developing Project Cars wouldn't be interacting primarily with the official forum for Project Cars, and not a forum dedicated primarily to a rival game.

Are you saying that SMS are just posting "where the people are", so to speak, so they can get the greatest number of eyeballs on their stuff as possible?

Sorry if i'm misinterpreting things, and again, sorry for bringing this thread OT, but I'm really genuinely curious as to the reasoning behind all of this.
GTP allows discussion of other games as it's not the official GT forum AFAIK, and it's a big community. So I'm guessing it's indeed about numbers, though I don't think they're on purpose bringing news there instead of here. It's just what happens to be the discussion or the questions asked over there compared to here.

Trippul G
25-07-2017, 20:06
Thanks for the clarification. I don't know, it just seems very odd to me that there have been many questions asked here which could benefit from the insight of someone on the dev team, yet it seems that nearly all "official" info and responses we seem to get come from someone copying and pasting what a dev has stated on GTPlanet (or elsewhere).

To me, it feels like if the developers from Dice went to a Call of Duty forum to answer questions about Battlefield. The whole thing just feels off.

But, whatever, I guess. Sorry for going OT.

Mahjik
25-07-2017, 20:58
There is one other piece to that; there are several WMD2 members here as (as well as moderators) compared to on GTP. I believe they see how the questions are being answered here and feel everyone is answering appropriately as I do see various SMS staff log on from time to time.

hkraft300
26-07-2017, 01:02
To me, it feels like if the developers from Dice went to a Call of Duty forum to answer questions about Battlefield. The whole thing just feels off.

They're over there dug in and fighting that hater battle.

dault3883
26-07-2017, 01:03

its what they call poaching customers from the enemy LOL ;)

David Semperger
26-07-2017, 15:33

Except very little hating is going on over at GTP actually. :)

hkraft300
26-07-2017, 15:49
Except very little hating is going on over at GTP actually. :)

I read through the first 15-20 odd pages of the Q&A thread.
It was littered with car requests :rolleyes:

Sankyo
26-07-2017, 19:12
I read through the first 15-20 odd pages of the Q&A thread.
It was littered with car requests :rolleyes:

That's just a basic law of sim racing forums :)

hkraft300
26-07-2017, 22:54
That's just a Remco's law of sim racing forums :)

Gotcha

banner77amc
27-07-2017, 12:19
I just hope the SMS guys and WMD members enjoy the jokes I try to post here.

Wolkenwolf
27-07-2017, 21:01
Hi,
my question fits only partly in here i think. Can we restrict MP-servers to wheel drivers only ? There are so much Padusers that can't control there car even on a straight and they kick you off in every corner. Usually if i host i do the 10min monitor and kick everyone who is zigzagging. But would be nice to have a "only Wheel" restriction

Mahjik
27-07-2017, 21:11
Hi,
my question fits only partly in here i think. Can we restrict MP-servers to wheel drivers only ?

Nope

dault3883
27-07-2017, 21:29
there are some players on here that are faster with a control pad than a wheel and others that physically cant use a wheel do to well physical handicaps. To straight up block them from races just because they dont use a wheel would be a devistation and not justifiable IMO

ramm21
27-07-2017, 21:50
there are some players on here that are faster with a control pad than a wheel and others that physically cant use a wheel do to well physical handicaps. To straight up block them from races just because they dont use a wheel would be a devistation and not justifiable IMO

How is that any different than blocking people from using assists or the like? For example if you want to use bonnet cam but its restricted to helmet cams

dault3883
27-07-2017, 22:11
How is that any different than blocking people from using assists or the like? For example if you want to use bonnet cam but its restricted to helmet cams

because the simple fact of the matter is a wheel is just a glorified controller and not every one is PHYSICALLY able to operate the pedals on the wheel pedal assembly and have to use controllers because of it thats not a choice to use one over the other

FS7
27-07-2017, 23:14
Hi,
my question fits only partly in here i think. Can we restrict MP-servers to wheel drivers only ? There are so much Padusers that can't control there car even on a straight and they kick you off in every corner. Usually if i host i do the 10min monitor and kick everyone who is zigzagging. But would be nice to have a "only Wheel" restriction
Banning some driving aids should keep most bad pad players out, also you can set restrictions based on player online ranking.

hkraft300
28-07-2017, 02:56
Problem:

There are so much Padusers that can't control there car even on a straight and they kick you off in every corner.

Solution:

Usually if i host i do the 10min monitor and kick everyone who is zigzagging.

Solution for pc2:

also you can set restrictions based on player online ranking.

ramm21
28-07-2017, 03:12
I think separating wheel users from pad players could be one of the best solutions.
Pad players tend to be the type who play the game for a bit and move on, they are the type to get online and not care about wrecking out other players. Yes, I know there are some pad users that are dedicated to fair racing.
However, if you buy a wheel, that is a whole other level of dedication. I would guess many wheel users aren't just passer bys that "check the game out" and let a $500 setup collect dust after a month.
Yeah, you may be excluding a whole group of people, but its not like you're excluding them because they don't have legs

dault3883
28-07-2017, 03:27
I think separating wheel users from pad players could be one of the best solutions.
Pad players tend to be the type who play the game for a bit and move on, they are the type to get online and not care about wrecking out other players. Yes, I know there are some pad users that are dedicated to fair racing.
However, if you buy a wheel, that is a whole other level of dedication. I would guess many wheel users aren't just passer bys that "check the game out" and let a $500 setup collect dust after a month.
Yeah, you may be excluding a whole group of people, but its not like you're excluding them because they don't have legs

actually some of the people on this very forum i wont name names cant use there wheel because of leg problems and using said wheel causes them severe pain. So you are wrong on that. Like i said Some people can not physically use a wheel and pedal unit

honespc
28-07-2017, 07:20
Long ago had I thought of another lobby "wheelers only" option, where the game detects your input device, and if on a controller then you can't join.

Alfisti
28-07-2017, 13:10
I literally have nowhere to put a wheel. You can't just pull a wheel out and run it, you need to brace it properly etc and our PS4 sits in the livingroom. I am hardly the fastest guy out there but I can keep it straight and am usually fighting for a podium online.

maskedangler
29-07-2017, 11:12
Playseat challenge is a good bit of kit and can easily be 'put away' after racing.

Eric Everfast
30-07-2017, 15:41
I'm a pad user as well and believe me, I would have a wheel already if my budget would allow it. I've been getting into karting competitively so a wheel setup will have to wait another year or so.

To respond to another comment pinning pad users as casual players, that couldn't be further from the truth in my case. I'd imagine there are other people like me as well. I'm probably faster than the majority of wheel users that scoff at pads.

poirqc
30-07-2017, 15:45
I'm a pad user as well and believe me, I would have a wheel already if my budget would allow it. I've been getting into karting competitively so a wheel setup will have to wait another year or so.

To respond to another comment pinning pad users as casual players, that couldn't be further from the truth in my case. I'd imagine there are other people like me as well. I'm probably faster than the majority of wheel users that scoff at pads.

Yeah, there's already few people sim racing. The last thing we want is to split the user base even more.

In the end, there's only 1 requirement. Good control of the car. I don't care how it's done. :)

Personally, i can't properly control anything on a pad(or enjoy) that came out after the SNES. But that's just

Mahjik
30-07-2017, 15:52
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiylWNGE5VY

Eric Everfast
30-07-2017, 15:56
Yeah, there's already few people sim racing. The last thing we want is to split the user base even more.

In the end, there's only 1 requirement. Good control of the car. I don't care how it's done. :)

Personally, i can't properly control anything on a pad(or enjoy) that came out after the SNES. But that's just me.

I agree :) In the end, we all want the best competition available online and although the amount of fast & clean pad users might be more rare in project cars, you don't want to exclude the ones that are. In any case the new rating system should take care of the dirty racing.

I imagine the wheel feels so much better, haha. It'll be a joy when I get one.

hkraft300
30-07-2017, 21:22
Some of these guys scoffing at pad users have probably had their butts kicked texastyme214 severely and hadn't realised he's using a gamepad :p

It's next level. I thought this is excellent with a pad. Then I got a wheel.

dault3883
30-07-2017, 21:37
Some of these guys scoffing at pad users have probably had their butts kicked texastyme214 severely and hadn't realised he's using a gamepad :p

exactly i know Breyzipp uses a pad most of the time too. You guys picking on the pad users like this does no good. all it does is split the Sim Racing community further. next thing you know there will be a Wheel Vs Pad sim racing civil war LOL

DECATUR PLAYA
30-07-2017, 22:12
exactly i know Breyzipp uses a pad most of the time too. You guys picking on the pad users like this does no good. all it does is split the Sim Racing community further. next thing you know there will be a Wheel Vs Pad sim racing civil war LOL

The war started along time ago Dault.

poirqc
30-07-2017, 23:40
I agree :) In the end, we all want the best competition available online and although the amount of fast & clean pad users might be more rare in project cars, you don't want to exclude the ones that are. In any case the new rating system should take care of the dirty racing.

Personally, i think that all sim racing hardware isn't really about being faster(I'm not saying it doesn't help). It's about the immersion. Regardless of the input device, as long as its tuned properly, you're golden.

Eric Everfast
31-07-2017, 02:41

The equivalent of taking the red pill in the matrix :P

MuddyPaws73
31-07-2017, 03:58
The equivalent of taking the red pill in the matrix :P

No, you can always tell a game pad user since they oscillate back and forth. It's very distracting to the rest of the racers.

Eric Everfast
31-07-2017, 04:09
No, you can always tell a game pad user since they oscillate back and forth. It's very distracting to the rest of the racers.

I'm deeply sorry that this has been your experience. Truly, deeply sorry.

Eric Everfast
31-07-2017, 04:27
Personally, i think that all sim racing hardware isn't really about being faster(I'm not saying it doesn't help). It's about the immersion. Regardless of the input device, as long as its tuned properly, you're golden.

Generally speaking, I think a wheel setup definitely helps in achieving a better pace (or perhaps greater consistency) since you have more input at your disposal... and I further emphasize "generally speaking" since the clip shared by Mahjik goes to show us that the controller setup seems very well optimized this time around.

I think your thoughts are pretty spot on though. The difference seems to be slim either way and I don't think pad users will detract much from wheel users' experience so long as the rating system is sound. People with good pace and racecraft will race well with each other regardless of the input device.

hkraft300
31-07-2017, 08:12
No, you can always tell a game pad user since they oscillate back and forth.

:rolleyes:

Some of these guys scoffing at pad users have probably had their butts kicked texastyme214 severely and hadn't realised he's using a gamepad :p.

Before I got the wheel I had plenty of people asking what wheel I'm on after a tight race. I've also made the same assumption someone is using a wheel but they're just really super smooth with a gamepad.
Texas, for example, will match the tyre stint of any wheel user because he's super smooth. So no, you can NOT always tell a gamepad user.

ramm21
31-07-2017, 15:57
I use bonnet cam and ABS/TC, but I can't play in this room because its restricted to cockpit cams and no assists.
I'm a pad user but I can't play in this room because its restricted to wheel users.

Whats the difference between the two?

This has nothing to do with skill or disability by the way

hkraft300
31-07-2017, 16:46
I use bonnet cam and ABS/TC, but I can't play in this room because its restricted to cockpit cams and no assists.
I'm a pad user but I can't play in this room because its restricted to wheel users.

The first is choice.
The second may not be by choice due to disability/ finance/ circumstances beyond one's control.

DECATUR PLAYA
31-07-2017, 17:05

This has nothing to do with skill or disability by the way

This is supposedly the professional way to play. If your not playing in cockpit or with assists then your not playing the game the right way. This is normally the opinion of Iracing type guys because it's the only way that they can play. This is the craziest view of P Cars that I can not wrap my head around because SMS gave us so many ways to play what makes your play style so perfect. This is what drives me crazy is that guys get so wrapped up in there own little world that they fail to realize that the world is so much bigger. In the case of P Cars it is so many ways to play and each way to play is done so well guys need to stop thinking that your way to play is the only way to play. That is a very small minded view just my opinion.

ramm21
31-07-2017, 17:09
The first is choice.
The second may not be by choice due to disability/ finance/ circumstances beyond one's control.

I have bad eyesight and have trouble seeing in my mirrors, I also have a small monitor because I'm poor; a chase cam or bonnet cam takes care of that problem. Cockpit views are too restrictive, I can't see my mirrors or anyone around me. I could really use a bigger screen for my poor eyesight, but I don't have money or space in my small room for one. I'm discriminated against because I can't use the chase cam in some lobbies.

Still the same thing

poirqc
31-07-2017, 17:32
People should man up and stop crying about how others drives and how it may give them advantages...

Use the view and settings you like the most and get good at it! :D

DECATUR PLAYA
31-07-2017, 18:09
I have bad eyesight and have trouble seeing in my mirrors, I also have a small monitor because I'm poor; a chase cam or bonnet cam takes care of that problem. Cockpit views are too restrictive, I can't see my mirrors or anyone around me. I could really use a bigger screen for my poor eyesight, but I don't have money or space in my small room for one. I'm discriminated against because I can't use the chase cam in some lobbies.

Still the same thing

A man you spent $60 for your game. Play it the way you enjoy playing it. I play chase cam to and I can care less how anybody feels about it.

Don't feel discriminated against because those guys have the right to create the rooms they want and play the way they want. Just don't go in their rooms. I will tell you a secret. The guys who run their rooms that way don't get very much traffic and generally have boring rooms racing with like 6 people.

honespc
31-07-2017, 18:30
I will tell you a secret. The guys who run their rooms that way don't get very much traffic and generally have boring rooms racing with like 6 people.I'll tell you another secret. The quality of the racing you may find in those boring rooms far exceeds what you must be used to experience in the other rooms you sure find so entertaining.

ramm21
31-07-2017, 18:51
I'll tell you another secret. The quality of the racing you may find in those boring rooms far exceeds what you must be used to experience in the other rooms you sure find so entertaining.

Racing against 6 people usually isn't fun. I had a great race a couple of days ago with just 2 other people. It just happened they were clean racers and pace was about equal among us 3. It was the funnest race I've had in a while. However, most of the time these rooms turn into a hot lapping exercise. The racers just get too spread out with a few participats, and theres no real "racing" besides the first few corners.
Honestly the only fun online racing I do until PC2 comes out is Assetto Corsa. They actually have non-league racing rooms that fill up, but that comes with a ton of rammers and such. I don't even qualy anymore, I join right before a race and start from the back, let all the goombas wreck themselves on turns 1 and 2, and hopefully I get through the mess and I end up chasing the front of the field the whole race. Thats the best way I found to actually "race" others

poirqc
31-07-2017, 20:11
I'll tell you another secret. The quality of the racing you may find in those boring rooms far exceeds what you must be used to experience in the other rooms you sure find so entertaining.

Racing against 6 people usually isn't fun. I had a great race a couple of days ago with just 2 other people. It just happened they were clean racers and pace was about equal among us 3. It was the funnest race I've had in a while. However, most of the time these rooms turn into a hot lapping exercise. The racers just get too spread out with a few participats, and theres no real "racing" besides the first few corners.
Honestly the only fun online racing I do until PC2 comes out is Assetto Corsa. They actually have non-league racing rooms that fill up, but that comes with a ton of rammers and such. I don't even qualy anymore, I join right before a race and start from the back, let all the goombas wreck themselves on turns 1 and 2, and hopefully I get through the mess and I end up chasing the front of the field the whole race. Thats the best way I found to actually "race" others

Goombas! That make chuckle good! :D

On a more serious note:

User input has nothing to do with a quality of a driver. Racecraft do.
How fun is a room is about the quality of the drivers, not the quantity.

You're mixing stuff guys! ;)

hkraft300
31-07-2017, 20:47
I have bad eyesight and have trouble seeing in my mirrors, I also have a small monitor because I'm poor; a chase cam or bonnet cam takes care of that problem. Cockpit views are too restrictive, I can't see my mirrors or anyone around me.

Still not physically stopping you.
You can sacrifice the FoV advantages of chase cam, and use the virtual rear view mirror.

So no, not the same thing.

Single screen cockpit view you have to use the virtual rear mirror and some guesswork to avoid contact regardless of how big your screen might be.
Even in real life pro drivers don't have great side vision even with their mirrors. They have plenty of blind spots.

If you suck at avoiding contact without chase cam, you'll suck at it in VR cockpit/helmet cam too. But I digress.

dault3883
31-07-2017, 22:16
You can sacrifice the FoV advantages of chase cam, and use the virtual rear view mirror.

Single screen cockpit view you have to use the virtual rear mirror and some guesswork to avoid contact regardless of how big your screen might be.
Even in real life pro drivers don't have great side vision even with their mirrors. They have plenty of blind spots.

If you suck at avoiding contact without chase cam, you'll suck at it in VR cockpit/helmet cam too. But I digress.

i couldnt get use to cockpit view on any games until pcars and i forced my self to use it and then something just clicked and now i use it on all of my games especially my F1 games i never use chase came except on Grid Autosport because the cars handling on grid is so unstable

ramm21
31-07-2017, 23:49

Okay I guess we can agree to disagree. In your world filtering based on pad/wheel is different than filtering based on assists/no assists, and in mine they are the same thing. How many more days til PC2 again?...

hkraft300
01-08-2017, 02:02
In your world filtering based on pad/wheel is different than filtering based on assists/no assists, and in mine they are the same thing.

One is a physical limitation (wheel/pad, disability/financial/circumstantial). The other is a matter of user preference.
But I'm in a different universe.

DECATUR PLAYA
01-08-2017, 04:21

This thread is about avoiding rammers right.

I ran a public room last night at Road America 16 guys a full room on xbox. 1-12 qualified from 1st with a 2:06:9 to 12th with a 2:09:3 the other 4 were under 2:12. Only 5 guys were buddy's the other 11 were random guys. There was no wrecking in qualifying and only race incidents in the race. I qualified 3rd with a 2:07:3 I finished 4th and did some really good racing with some really fast guys. The room finished with 14. We went on to run at Watkins Glen and Bathurst. Rammers/wreckers don't come to my room because I know them by name and kick on site. Only good racers come to my room. That's the type of room I run. Been doing it a long time to like since the game came out. Public rooms suffer with trolls because most of the Lobby leaders dont know how to run and control a room because its complicated. The guys that know how to run and control rooms are running leagues and private events therefore public rooms suffer. It has absolutely nothing to do with a wheel or a controller.

hkraft300
01-08-2017, 07:30
If you dabble in public lobbies, some names do become familiar.

Speaking of racing incidents:
Even in a high class private lobby, there will be racing wrecks. Just on the weekend was racing nascar at willow int. With some top guys. Can't drive those behemoths. Being reverse grid for the second race, I'm leading 2 fast guys into the penultimate corner at high speed and the back end gets away from me. Took them both out :o

Gr8_Lakes
01-08-2017, 09:18

I ran a public room last night at Road America 16 guys a full room on xbox. 1-12 qualified from 1st with a 2:06:9 to 12th with a 2:09:3 the other 4 were under 2:12. Only 5 guys were buddy's the other 11 were random guys. There was no wrecking in qualifying and only race incidents in the race. I qualified 3rd with a 2:07:3 I finished 4th and did some really good racing with some really fast guys. The room finished with 14. We went on to run at Watkins Glen and Bathurst. Rammers/wreckers don't come to my room because I know them by name and kick on site. Only good racers come to my room. That's the type of room I run. Been doing it a long time to like since the game came out. Public rooms suffer with trolls because most of the Lobby leaders dont know how to run and control a room because its complicated. The guys that know how to run and control rooms are running leagues and private events therefore public rooms suffer. It has absolutely nothing to do with a wheel or a controller.
I couldn't agree with you more. A host that doesn't tolerate B.S. is always going to attract clean racers. Especially knowing that any wreckers are going to be kicked out, that's just comforting when you know you're in a good host's lobby.

If you dabble in public lobbies, some names do become familiar.

Speaking of racing incidents:
Even in a high class private lobby, there will be racing wrecks. Just on the weekend was racing nascar at willow int. With some top guys. Can't drive those behemoths. Being reverse grid for the second race, I'm leading 2 fast guys into the penultimate corner at high speed and the back end gets away from me. Took them both out :o
I'd gladly join one of this guys lobbies (even though he's faster than me). While hkraft300 may not even recognize me, I've raced with him several times in open lobbies, and I know for a fact he is very fast, and very clean. My point is that people establish an online reputation, and the more us racers live up to that standard, the better our lobbies will become. I'm looking forward to the new driver rating system in PCARS 2, but I'll be looking for the known hosts that run clean rooms in the early release days.

Roger Prynne
01-08-2017, 09:50
I think you will find that 99% of people that come to this forum are clean racers, otherwise they wouldn't be here (unless it's a trouble maker)

honespc
01-08-2017, 12:20
This thread is about avoiding rammers right. That's what I was thinking, until I came across this:

I will tell you a secret. The guys who run their rooms that way don't get very much traffic and generally have boring rooms racing with like 6 people.
. At your convenience

DECATUR PLAYA
01-08-2017, 14:33
That's what I was thinking, until I came across this:

. At your convenience

1) Just stating a observation.

2) If this thread didn't go down the road of controller players being the problem I never would have made the statement.

3) If you quoted the entire post and not just the part that agitated you it looks different.

hkraft300
01-08-2017, 14:37
My point is that people establish an online reputation, and the more us racers live up to that standard, the better our lobbies will become. I'm looking forward to the new driver rating system in PCARS 2, but I'll be looking for the known hosts that run clean rooms in the early release days.

+1
Lead by example. Set the standard.
When you keep your lobby tight, the quality drivers will stick around for several races and you have a good time.

It's rare you're directly racing 3-5 guys that are on your pace. Usually 1-2 direct rivals, the rest are much faster or much slower. So even if it's just the 3-5 guys in a lobby but the pack is tight, makes for great action. 1 mistake can drop you from 1st to 4th/5th!

DECATUR PLAYA
01-08-2017, 16:12
+1
Lead by example. Set the standard.
When you keep your lobby tight, the quality drivers will stick around for several races and you have a good time.

It's rare you're directly racing 3-5 guys that are on your pace. Usually 1-2 direct rivals, the rest are much faster or much slower. So even if it's just the 3-5 guys in a lobby but the pack is tight, makes for great action. 1 mistake can drop you from 1st to 4th/5th!

^Very true.

ramm21
01-08-2017, 17:56
I think you will find that 99% of people that come to this forum are clean racers, otherwise they wouldn't be here (unless it's a trouble maker)

Yes!! The problem types aren't the people on this forum, they are the people who buy the game for $20 on discount and come in to public lobbies and just cause havoc for a few weeks, and then they get tired of it and move on to the next game. And I'm not sure if I can make my point any more clearer- THOSE PEOPLE GENERALLY USE CONTROLLERS, NOT WHEELS!! IM NOT PUTTING DOWN PAD PLAYERS, ITS NOT MY FAULT MOST OF THE BAD APPLES USE CONTROLLERS INSTEAD OF WHEELS! Ian himself said 85% of players use a pad so if anyone is excluding themselves, its the wheel players.
But yes, please tell me how good some pad players are (naturally), how we are splitting up the community (you do already based on PC/console, assists/no assists), how you need leagues or a good host who babysits a dozen players (sure, if I want to babysit instead of racing or spend hours offline organizing events), how that discriminates against players with disabilities (even though there are wheelchair bound people enjoying hpde events in real life!), etc...
All I want for PC2 is a good online experience. I keep hearing about how the rating system will take care of that, and I really really really hope its true. But we were promised ovals for PC1 for example, and look how that turned out. So while you guys seem to be putting all of your eggs into that online ranking basket, a little backup would be good. Like separating pad players from wheel players; and while it may seem discriminatory for some, its just a simple, imperfect way of separating serious racers from ones who just cause problems.

honespc
01-08-2017, 19:51
Just on the weekend was racing nascar at willow int. With some top guys. Can't drive those behemoths. Being reverse grid for the second race, I'm leading 2 fast guys into the penultimate corner at high speed and the back end gets away from me. Took them both out :oHadn't seen this.

Mount the hard tyres on the stock cars. They're way faster than softs in this category. It's another old issue that didn't get fixed eventually. You'll see how much faster you get with these cars now when you do, probably as fast as those top guys you weren't able to catch in that lobby.

hkraft300
01-08-2017, 20:53
All I want for PC2 is a good online experience. I keep hearing about how the rating system will take care of that, and I really really really hope its true. But we were promised ovals for PC1 for example, and look how that turned out. So while you guys seem to be putting all of your eggs into that online ranking basket, a little backup would be good. Like separating pad players from wheel players; and while it may seem discriminatory for some, its just a simple, imperfect way of separating serious racers from ones who just cause problems.

:hopelessness:
Yes, it IS discriminatory and NOT in the same way as assists/no assists, which is a matter of changing a menu option.
Like we haven't talked enough of ways to compliment/ work around the ranking system:

... Rammers/wreckers don't come to my room because I know them by name and kick on site...
Public rooms suffer with trolls because most of the Lobby leaders dont know how... It has absolutely nothing to do with a wheel or a controller.

I couldn't agree with you more. A host that doesn't tolerate B.S. is always going to attract clean racers. Especially knowing that any wreckers are going to be kicked out, that's just comforting when you know you're in a good host's lobby.

.... My point is that people establish an online reputation, and the more us racers live up to that standard, the better our lobbies will become. I'm looking forward to the new driver rating system in PCARS 2, but I'll be looking for the known hosts that run clean rooms in the early release days.

And really, it takes 5 minutes of monitoring near the end of qualifying. So no, it's not taking hours away from you racing, because you're sorting it out pre-race.
I've come across plenty bad wheel users too. What do you do about them? Declare pc2 rank system broken at the first incident? You know, because ovals and pc1 :rolleyes:

Hadn't seen this.

Mount the hard tyres on the stock cars. They're way faster than softs in this category.

Found that out a little late :o
1:45 on soft at Watkins GP, yesterday. 1:42 on hard. Then it started raining half way through the 30 minute race and all hell broke loose lol

ramm21
01-08-2017, 21:19
:hopelessness:
Yes, it IS discriminatory and NOT in the same way as assists/no assists, which is a matter of changing a menu option.

When is PCars Braille Edition coming out? My blind friend has been wanting to take the Yellowbird round the ring and he doesn't want to be discriminated against because of his disability.

hkraft300
01-08-2017, 22:37
When is PCars Braille Edition coming out? My blind friend has been wanting to take the Yellowbird round the ring and he doesn't want to be discriminated against because of his disability.

:applause:

Get off your high horse mate just because you have a wheel and you're a top class racer and what not.

dault3883
01-08-2017, 23:09

he can still drive just needs a co driver to tell him what to do mythbusters proved that in the episode Driving Blind look it up

ramm21
01-08-2017, 23:26
:applause:

Get off your high horse mate just because you have a wheel and you're a top class racer and what not.

Yep, and you and the other 6 regs that are responsible for 90% of posts on here know everything, so all the rest of us peons just get to soak up your infinite knowledge!

I said it before, I'll say it again- we can agree to disagree, bruh

dault3883
01-08-2017, 23:50
your just as welcome to come on here and participate as much as the so called regulars. and no one called you peons or said you had to soak up are so called "infinite knowledge" people ask questions we try to give our honest opinion on it simple as that. i dont think there is any reason to be doing name calling to any one lets all just settle down and relax you dont seem to share the same opinion as me and hkraft and thats fine lets leave it at that and move on

ramm21
02-08-2017, 04:07
you dont seem to share the same opinion as me and hkraft and thats fine lets leave it at that and move on

Thank you, I said the same thing a couple of times now. Its all a difference of opinion, and the whole point is moot since its been confirmed pad and wheel players wont be separated.

And my whole thing about regs was not thought out well. I was reacting to a post and had to get something in before my shift ended at work haha

dault3883
02-08-2017, 04:25
Thank you, I said the same thing a couple of times now. Its all a difference of opinion, and the whole point is moot since its been confirmed pad and wheel players wont be separated.

And my whole thing about regs was not thought out well. I was reacting to a post and had to get something in before my shift ended at work haha

its all right quite frankly the negative energy was starting to get to me too i just kinda wanted to let bygons be bygons before it got nasty and the mods had to step in its never good when roger or konan have to step in so just trying to defuse that bomb before it went off

Sankyo
07-08-2017, 09:19
...Like separating pad players from wheel players; and while it may seem discriminatory for some, its just a simple, imperfect way of separating serious racers from ones who just cause problems.
It's not discriminatory, but ignorant. There's plenty of reasons why people use a pad instead of a wheel, and 'not being a serious racer' only applies to part of that group, and not even a big part. So separating those players makes no sense and only increases the sim racing elitism we so desparately need to get rid of.

ramm21
07-08-2017, 15:59
sim racing elitism we so desparately need to get rid of.

Yes, so lets get rid of other "racing elitism" like forced cockpits. If somebody wants to play in chase cam or bonnet, let them.
But some people seem to want it both ways- separating wheel and pad players is elitism, separating cockpit only no assist simbros from casual players who use chase cams and assists isn't?

Bealdor
07-08-2017, 16:09
Yes, so lets get rid of other "racing elitism" like forced cockpits. If somebody wants to play in chase cam or bonnet, let them.
But some people seem to want it both ways- separating wheel and pad players is elitism, separating cockpit only no assist simbros from casual players who use chase cams and assists isn't?

There's a difference between those though.
Camera views and assists are a matter of preference while using a pad instead of a wheel mostly isn't. Most players simply don't have the money or the space to play with a wheel.

honespc
07-08-2017, 16:11
What's the problem with being an elitist. One can understand developers promotional speech singing in all directions the "we so desperately need to get rid of racing elitism" line, in an effort to attract casuals and improve sale numbers, but It's however more difficult to understand when it comes from serious racers who know where most of the problems when racing online with others come from.

dault3883
07-08-2017, 16:17
What's the problem with being an elitist. One can understand developers promotional speech singing in all directions the "we so desperately need to get rid of racing elitism" line, in an effort to attract casuals and improve sale numbers, but It's however more difficult to understand when it comes from serious racers who know where most of the problems when racing online with others come from.

in a way thats like saying whats wrong with discrimination its a double edge sword while you might not mean to offend people you could very well be doing it at the same time like bealdor said not every one has the room or money for a wheel and some have physical handicaps like bad knees or worse some who might have lost their legs that cant play with a wheel and are forced to use controller

and if they have lost their legs this might be the only way for them to enjoy driving a car at least until sim racing introduces hand throttle levers like aircraft have and some racers who have lost thier legs use like off road racer Evan Evans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYYeifrFmgc

ramm21
07-08-2017, 17:26
some have physical handicaps like bad knees or worse some who might have lost their legs that cant play with a wheel and are forced to use controller

What about blind people? Or people without fingers? Seems like they can't use either a controller or a wheel. Lets not have simracing at all because we will offend those people?? I think not

Sankyo
07-08-2017, 17:50

Online problems don't come from gamepads or from people not able or willing to buy a wheel set-up.

Sankyo
07-08-2017, 17:51
What about blind people? Or people without fingers? Seems like they can't use either a controller or a wheel. Lets not have simracing at all because we will offend those people?? I think not
So having a physical disability is the same as not being able or wanting to invest in a wheel set-up?

dault3883
07-08-2017, 18:08
i personally would love to see a hand control like evan evans incorporated for sim racing just to see it done and to help those who have knee problems that would like to drive with a wheel or even those who have lost or lost use of their legs. Driving is my absolute most favorite thing to do. and would love to see those who have lost the ability to drive in real life be able to at least do so in sim racing or sim driving even.

ramm21
07-08-2017, 18:24
So having a physical disability is the same as not being able or wanting to invest in a wheel set-up?

I get what you are saying. If theres a pad player who cant afford or cant drive a wheel, he shouldn't be punished for it, and still be able to race with wheel players.

At the same time, a pad player shouldn't be punished for wanting to play with chase cam and assists. But in a lot of rooms, he is because they are restricted to cockpit views and no assists.

At this point you say, well its an option, you can play with those guys if you want to, you just have to conform to their room setup.

From your perspective, switching to a cockpit view and no assists may not be a big deal. But to a lot of casual players, its a deal breaker. They can't drive without TC and ABS, their monitor may be small, so a chase cam allows them to see the whole track, other racers around them, etc... By forcing cockpit views, you force that player to race with a screen where 1/2 of the imagery is useless car interior, and if their screen is small to begin with, you are definitely putting them at a disadvantage.

FS7
07-08-2017, 23:09
This wheel/pad/assists talk is still going, lol?

Personally I don't see anything wrong with one creating their own lobby and setting some restrictions to keep bad players out, if people don't like the restrictions imposed by the host they have the option of joining another lobby or creating their own lobby with their own rules.

Sankyo
08-08-2017, 06:02

Personally I don't see anything wrong with one creating their own lobby and setting some restrictions to keep bad players out, if people don't like the restrictions imposed by the host they have the option of joining another lobby or creating their own lobby with their own rules.

The only point is that 'bad players' is not the same as 'pad players'...

FS7
08-08-2017, 14:45
Agreed.

Eric Everfast
08-08-2017, 15:17

Yet a few users here seem to willingly ignore this. I very much want to race these people online to see how fast they actually are.

bigal1000
08-08-2017, 16:50

Thank you ............

DECATUR PLAYA
08-08-2017, 18:20
Yet a few users here seem to willingly ignore this. I very much want to race these people online to see how fast they actually are.

^Great post. Talk is cheap.

ramm21
08-08-2017, 19:03
I wonder why we have lobby restrictions in the first place...

dault3883
08-08-2017, 19:05

probably because of rammers

ramm21
08-08-2017, 19:11
probably because of rammers

maybe i should change my name to ramm3r

DECATUR PLAYA
08-08-2017, 20:24

Is it lobby restrictions or lobby options.

I think every person has the right to run his or her room how they want to. That's why we have the options. I just don't go to the rooms where I don't like the options.

Alfisti
09-08-2017, 14:04
I get what you are saying. If theres a pad player who cant afford or cant drive a wheel, he shouldn't be punished for it, and still be able to race with wheel players.

At the same time, a pad player shouldn't be punished for wanting to play with chase cam and assists. But in a lot of rooms, he is because they are restricted to cockpit views and no assists.

At this point you say, well its an option, you can play with those guys if you want to, you just have to conform to their room setup.

From your perspective, switching to a cockpit view and no assists may not be a big deal. But to a lot of casual players, its a deal breaker. They can't drive without TC and ABS, their monitor may be small, so a chase cam allows them to see the whole track, other racers around them, etc... By forcing cockpit views, you force that player to race with a screen where 1/2 of the imagery is useless car interior, and if their screen is small to begin with, you are definitely putting them at a disadvantage.

I am forced to use a pad and always use chasecam view. I cannot see the apexes otherwise and am dog slow without it, just a personal preference. This does mean I cannot enter certain online races which is a shame as i suspect those with more restrictions are the better guys to race.

i am no gun but can drive OK, solid 2.21's at Spa and 07's at Bathurst with a GT3 for example, not exactly Senna but not Palmer either.

maxx69
16-09-2017, 09:57
Join a dedicated clean racing community such as the Marmite Racing Community , we have race stewards who are there to enforce clean racing and a community of friendly adult racers . Follow my link below and add me on psn (Maxx69) .

That's the best way to survive turn one and finish with the same amount of cars that you started with .