PDA

View Full Version : Race Engineer

banner77amc
18-07-2017, 16:56
I saw on GT Planet the discussion about the race engineer. I approve and will be using this function to set myself up for specific tracks. Wondering if anyone else will or if they will keep standard tuning?

Also... it looks much better in terms of helping "lay people" no muss up their cars for races.

dault3883
18-07-2017, 17:32
I saw on GT Planet the discussion about the race engineer. I approve and will be using this function to set myself up for specific tracks. Wondering if anyone else will or if they will keep standard tuning?

Also... it looks much better in terms of helping "lay people" no muss up their cars for races.

yea ill be doing it too Banner probably unless it makes my runs at Laguna Seca bad then ill drop it like a hot mess

ramm21
18-07-2017, 18:11
So how does this work? Does the game calculate the lowest ride height possible at a given track and then drop you to that height, for example?

Eric Everfast
18-07-2017, 18:17
Love this function that they're introducing. It will help players such as myself get into tuning.

Mahjik
18-07-2017, 18:19
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07zCHc70Ea4

So how does this work? Does the game calculate the lowest ride height possible at a given track and then drop you to that height, for example?

Take a look at the video above for some ideas of what the Race Engineer is for....

ramm21
18-07-2017, 18:52
Okay, so a little different than I imagined. I think the biggest issue with this feature will be the amount of track time it takes to properly set up a car. I think if you take the time to set up your own car, you would know the basics well enough to render this feature useless.

I was hoping this race engineer feature would get you to a more "efficient" set up per track. If I'm at Zhuhai, I want the option to tell the engineer- "I need a low ride height, mid downforce, very stiff setup." Or if I'm at Oulton Park, I want to tell the engineer- "I need a high ride height, max downforce, lots of damping." Then the engineer sets up my car with those general conditions, and I can fine tune from there if I wish.

In short, this is built for those new to tuning, but the time requirement of actually setting up the car will drive many away from this feature and towards copy/paste of others' tunes like in PC1.

Mahjik
18-07-2017, 18:56
Yes. The "easy button" will still be using someone else's setup. This does not provide a "new easy button".

breyzipp
18-07-2017, 19:22
In short, this is built for those new to tuning, but the time requirement of actually setting up the car will drive many away from this feature and towards copy/paste of others' tunes like in PC1.

I guess it's like starting to read a book and either read through it completely or just skip to the last chapter. :)

I for one know only a tiny bit about tuning and I'm very much looking forward to using the race engineer when I start playing PC2 and learn a bit more about tuning myself (instead of always just blindly copying other people's setups). This will be a great time to spend that practice time of race weekends for sure. Of course after a while you will know all the relations between the questions and the actual changes to be done and you will be able to confidently skip the race engineer, but I think that is exactly the point of it huh? :) It's not an everlasting feature that's for sure, I don't think anyone who plays the game extensively will still use this after 6 months.

But I really do like it, of course this is only the first time it's in PCARS2 as well, maybe for PC3 the system gets enhanced and look more like something you suggested.

banner77amc
18-07-2017, 20:19
I'm just glad I can properly choose the fun I want without mussing it up... see image for my tuning efforts238845

dault3883
18-07-2017, 20:32
the wing on the front of that cars nose looks stupid and ridiculous

breyzipp
18-07-2017, 20:37

And the one in the back not? :D

dault3883
18-07-2017, 21:14
And the one in the back not? :D

its not the best looking wing ill give you that but the front one makes it look like some one tried to turn their scion tc in to a Sprint car LOL238846

banner77amc
18-07-2017, 21:19

IT does indeed... I just wanted to show the way tuning on a racing game has gone for me in the past.

banner77amc
18-07-2017, 21:20
My only successful tuning for a 250 mph straight away was this...238847

dault3883
18-07-2017, 21:21
IT does indeed... I just wanted to show the way tuning on a racing game has gone for me in the past.

o i know but when i saw that car i couldnt help but say something about it and it does look like a sprint car wing too LOL

dault3883
18-07-2017, 21:22
My only successful tuning for a 250 mph straight away was this...238847

Gran Turismo 2 iv run that car a lot at the pikes peak hill climb used to pretend on the down hill climb that lava was nipping at the heels of the car LOL was just a kid back then

ramm21
18-07-2017, 22:45
I for one know only a tiny bit about tuning and I'm very much looking forward to using the race engineer when I start playing PC2 and learn a bit more about tuning myself (instead of always just blindly copying other people's setups).
The first negative thought I had viewing the video was this- After the dude clicked on "my car isn't stopping soon enough" or whatever, the first thing the race engineer said was to brake earlier. How many people will adjust their driving style before starting to mess with brake bias? Not many. Even though the problem in the first place is they think the key to running faster laps is braking deeper into corners, what they are doing in reality is braking way too late and trying to turn and brake at the same time. Obviously that will cause massive understeer since you're overloading your front tires. No amount of brake bias or any other set up will fix that..

dault3883
18-07-2017, 23:17
The first negative thought I had viewing the video was this- After the dude clicked on "my car isn't stopping soon enough" or whatever, the first thing the race engineer said was to brake earlier. How many people will adjust their driving style before starting to mess with brake bias? Not many. Even though the problem in the first place is they think the key to running faster laps is braking deeper into corners, what they are doing in reality is braking way too late and trying to turn and brake at the same time. Obviously that will cause massive understeer since you're overloading your front tires. No amount of brake bias or any other set up will fix that..

agreed we had a kid on the late model team that i used to work for that kept overloading his brake bias never would listen to any body on the team

hkraft300
19-07-2017, 03:47

I don't see why you couldn't do both.
Eg copy someone's Monza/Le Mans tune, for example, then use the game engineer to fine tune to your personal tastes.

dault3883
19-07-2017, 03:53
I don't see why you couldn't do both.
Eg copy someone's Monza/Le Mans tune, for example, then use the game engineer to fine tune to your personal tastes.

HKRAFT your a GENIUS!!!!!!!

hkraft300
19-07-2017, 04:22
HKRAFT your a GENIUS!!!!!!!

You're*

:glee:

dault3883
19-07-2017, 04:30
You're*

:glee:

see what i mean lol

banner77amc
19-07-2017, 12:19
To me its the idea of being a race car driver and communicating the feedback that will help me go faster around the track. Sometimes I want it a bit loose, sometimes I want it taut.

OddTimer
19-07-2017, 12:21
Is the engineer also accessible in the pits/garage?

Mahjik
19-07-2017, 14:00
Is the engineer also accessible in the pits/garage?

Yes

banner77amc
19-07-2017, 15:40
Oh this makes me happy... Now I can return from the pits with a bit different feel each time. That would be a bit glorious to get a second or two a lap from some changes made.

dault3883
19-07-2017, 15:43
Have we also fixed the problem with refuelling in the pits in practice?

Like in the practice section of the game.

As thats where i generally go to practice or just make solo runs i would like to have the ability to refuel in the pits there it never would let me on pcars 1.

Mahjik
19-07-2017, 15:46
Have we also fixed the problem with refuelling in the pits in practice?

Like in the practice section of the game.

As thats where i generally go to practice or just make solo runs i would like to have the ability to refuel in the pits there it never would let me on pcars 1.

Fix?

It wasn't broken in PC1. There was just no pitting in free practice mode.

dault3883
19-07-2017, 16:03
Fix?

well it was disapointing none the less some times i just like to go out on the track and drive by my self

Mahjik
19-07-2017, 16:11
well it was disapointing none the less some times i just like to go out on the track and drive by my self

Just set up a Quick Race weekend with zero AI and a really long practice session. The Free Practice session is designed for just driving only.

dault3883
19-07-2017, 16:51
Just set up a Quick Race weekend with zero AI and a really long practice session. The Free Practice session is designed for just driving only.

ok thanks yea its how i get really good at tracks i just go out and drive like 20 consecutive laps by myself or until i feel i have gotten the track down do it for the tracks im already good at like laguna seca too

Roger Prynne
19-07-2017, 16:57
Also doing it like Mahjik suggested you can practice your pit stops and pit strategies in different scenarios.
That's what I have always done.

Trippul G
19-07-2017, 17:06
Fix?

...which was a poorly implemented decision IMO. If Free Practice mode is designed to not allow pitting, then that should clearly be stated somewhere in the game. It's confusing / frustrating the way it is now in PCARS1. Not to mention it makes for an inconsistent user experience...pitting is allowed in career, quick race, multiplayer...but not in free practice. Ok...? To make things even more confusing, you've got the menu option for "edit pit strategy" which becomes pointless, not to mention you have the option menu to pick your pit strategy as you're pulling into the pits...only to watch your car sail right past your pit box as your lollipop man is standing there staring at you. (Why is he even there?) The whole thing just feels like it wasn't well thought out. I really hope they've improved it for PCARS2.

dault3883
19-07-2017, 17:10
...which was a poorly implemented decision IMO. If Free Practice mode is designed to not allow pitting, then that should clearly be stated somewhere in the game. It's confusing / frustrating the way it is now in PCARS1. Not to mention it makes for an inconsistent user experience...pitting is allowed in career, quick race, multiplayer...but not in free practice. Ok...? To make things even more confusing, you've got the menu option for "edit pit strategy" which becomes pointless, not to mention you have the option menu to pick your pit strategy as you're pulling into the pits...only to watch your car sail right past your pit box as your lollipop man is standing there staring at you. (Why is he even there?) The whole thing just feels like it wasn't well thought out. I really hope they've improved it for PCARS2.

especially since 5 laps hardly constitutes a practice session you cant make adjustments and test them on the car in that thats what free practice should of been for but o well at least there is a way around it with quick race but it does make that part of the game useless

banner77amc
19-07-2017, 17:13

As someone that has worked with programmers on work projects I say that yes game design might have missed an opportunity, but free practice is not the emphasis of the game. However look at the whole of the work... its top notch. As explained above there is a way around it.

A game cannot be perfect because it was made by fallible humans... I'm impressed in what they have done.

Trippul G
19-07-2017, 17:17
it does make that part of the game useless

I wouldn't say it's useless, you always have the option to "Return to Pit Box" which teleports you back inside the garage, so you can still make setup changes if you like. You'll come out on fresh cold tires and a tank full of whatever you set your fuel level to. It's still useful, just confusingly (and, I feel, unnecessarily) inconsistent.

dault3883
19-07-2017, 17:17
As someone that has worked with programmers on work projects I say that yes game design might have missed an opportunity, but free practice is not the emphasis of the game. However look at the whole of the work... its top notch. As explained above there is a way around it.

A game cannot be perfect because it was made by fallible humans... I'm impressed in what they have done.

agreed also dont forget Bruce that as humans we always want more so even if they did make the "perfect" game it wouldnt be because people would always want there to be more in it whether it be tracks or cars

dault3883
19-07-2017, 17:18
I wouldn't say it's useless, you always have the option to "Return to Pit Box" which teleports you back inside the garage, so you can still make setup changes if you like. You'll come out on fresh cold tires and a tank full of whatever you set your fuel level to. It's still useful, just confusingly (and, I feel, unnecessarily) inconsistent.

its useless because you get that and so much more with quick race the way Mahjic said to do

ramm21
19-07-2017, 21:28
So having pits in PC1 was useless in practice sessions, since you can go back to pits with a couple of clicks. Also the pits were automated..
Having working pits in practice sessions in PC2 seems like a good idea, because now that they are manual, you have to practice a little getting into pits to be efficient and not go over you limiter, etc...

banner77amc
20-07-2017, 11:57
So having pits in PC1 was useless in practice sessions, since you can go back to pits with a couple of clicks. Also the pits were automated..
Having working pits in practice sessions in PC2 seems like a good idea, because now that they are manual, you have to practice a little getting into pits to be efficient and not go over you limiter, etc...

More fun because there is more thinking :)

OddTimer
20-07-2017, 12:22
Yes

sweet...I thought changes were made on the menu, then you had to load the game to test it...good to know it can be done in session!

Mahjik
20-07-2017, 14:26
sweet...I thought changes were made on the menu, then you had to load the game to test it...good to know it can be done in session!

While this isn't directly related to Race Engineer specifically, but SMS tried to move as many configuration options as possible to be available while you are in a track session. ;) I think a lot of people are going to be really pleased with the changes they can make in a session as compared to PC1.

banner77amc
20-07-2017, 14:28
I wonder if adjustments would relate to time in the pits... somewhat like in endurance racing where a new front end is placed on when damaged or suspension is adjusted.

Mahjik
20-07-2017, 14:30
I wonder if adjustments would relate to time in the pits... somewhat like in endurance racing where a new front end is placed on when damaged or suspension is adjusted.

For adjustments that can be made real time (like during a pitstop during a race), yes those will increase pit time. For more of the "practice session" setup tuning, no there is no time taken for those. It would be difficult to orchestrate that with people in a practice session online (i.e. no one wants to sit in the pits waiting for your team to adjust your car for 40 minutes while everyone else is driving ;) ).

dault3883
20-07-2017, 14:36
For adjustments that can be made real time (like during a pitstop during a race), yes those will increase pit time. For more of the "practice session" setup tuning, no there is no time taken for those. It would be difficult to orchestrate that with people in a practice session online (i.e. no one wants to sit in the pits waiting for your team to adjust your car for 40 minutes while everyone else is driving ;) ).

how will the pitstop decissions be done its going to be pretty hard to be getting on pitlane and doing manual pit road and be making the pit stop stratagy calls at the same time.

so basically my question is will we be able to make our pit strategy calls and pit adjustments before we get to pit road how will all of that work?

And who has a steam id Cabporter? Iv asked in my signature that if you are going to send me a friend request on Steam to send me a message on here first (im assuming thats how the person found me they have project cars as a game). as it leaves me no idea WHO you are i will give it 24 hours then the friend request will be deleted

Mahjik
20-07-2017, 14:51
how will the pitstop decissions be done its going to be pretty hard to be getting on pitlane and doing manual pit road and be making the pit stop stratagy calls at the same time.

so basically my question is will we be able to make our pit strategy calls and pit adjustments before we get to pit road how will all of that work?

There is a menu that can be pulled up while driving that will allow you to select a pit strategy and/or edit a strategy. You'll see WMD members refer to it as ICM for In-Car Management. You can adjust it over say 2-3 laps if you need to.. You don't have to set/adjust your pitstop right when you need it. If you don't need to adjust, you can use a "pitstop strategy" just like PC1.

For those who have played rFactor, it's similar to how pitstop adjustments can be made while driving.

banner77amc
21-07-2017, 19:28
I hope the race engineer can say something like "thats quite stupid that you raised the ride height 10cm" just so I feel he's real.

dault3883
21-07-2017, 19:37
I hope the race engineer can say something like "thats quite stupid that you raised the ride height 10cm" just so I feel he's real.

Banner next thing you know you got Red Forman from That 70's show screaming his famous line at you you dumb A$$ LOL

STEELJOCKEY
21-07-2017, 21:55
Banner next thing you know you got Red Forman from That 70's show screaming his famous line at you you dumb A$$ LOL

addition for PC3

Konan
21-07-2017, 22:15
addition for PC3

Yep...and come PC4 he'll probably PUT a foot up your...

poirqc
21-07-2017, 23:53
While this isn't directly related to Race Engineer specifically, but SMS tried to move as many configuration options as possible to be available while you are in a track session. ;) I think a lot of people are going to be really pleased with the changes they can make in a session as compared to PC1.

That is really nice to ear! :D

This brings me to the helmet cam with it's correspondings settings:

I've used this view since pCars 1 launch. When setup right, it's almost like a dash cam that is less rigid and more natual. You can set it up in lots of different ways. I would even say that's it's a really nice placeholder for those who don't have access to trackIR/facetrackNOIR/VR*. It think SMS did a really good job with that view. I always miss it in other racing games.

Can we adjusts the helmet cam settings in a session?

Thanks,

*Just tried pCars in VR for the first time 3 days ago. Props to SMS, it's awesome. Some cockpits are just out of this world! While i understand the helmet cam isn't as immersive as VR, its entended purpose works really well!

Mahjik
22-07-2017, 03:05
Can we adjusts the helmet cam settings in a session?

Yes you can. ;)

banner77amc
24-07-2017, 12:14
Helmet view ftw!

Joethe147
22-08-2017, 04:13
There's a lot to read through so I've only looked at the first page. It seems you can ask your engineer for setup help which is decent, but in a session, how is the engineer compared to the first Project Cars?

Considering it's a game with a focused career and that before release I had read about how much work had been put in to the pit engineer, I found it disappointing. All he really said was generic stuff like "You're driving great" and sometimes the gap to the cars behind/ahead. I know apps help with that but the recent Codemasters F1 games have it done excellently. You can ask your engineer many different things such as your current fastest lap, the session's fastest lap, where your teammate is, information about your pit strategy etc. It feels very immersive and you can do it with the controller as well as with a headset.

Is there much improvement with the engineer this time?

Trippul G
22-08-2017, 05:37
There's a lot to read through so I've only looked at the first page. It seems you can ask your engineer for setup help which is decent, but in a session, how is the engineer compared to the first Project Cars?

Considering it's a game with a focused career and that before release I had read about how much work had been put in to the pit engineer, I found it disappointing. All he really said was generic stuff like "You're driving great" and sometimes the gap to the cars behind/ahead. I know apps help with that but the recent Codemasters F1 games have it done excellently. You can ask your engineer many different things such as your current fastest lap, the session's fastest lap, where your teammate is, information about your pit strategy etc. It feels very immersive and you can do it with the controller as well as with a headset.

Is there much improvement with the engineer this time?

I agree, the latest F1 games have a really nice implementation of this. The only thing I dislike (and admittedly it's an Xbox-only problem) is that voice recognition requires Kinect, which I don't ever plan on getting or using, so it leaves me having to do everything with the controller, which can be quite difficult in the middle of a heated race. This is why I've fallen in love with the Crew Chief app. The dev has even put out a recent update that makes it even better (calls you by name, he will call out corners by their names, there are now alternate spotter voices, etc.) Honestly, I'm not all that interested in what PCARS2 has in store in this particular area, because Crew Chief will be compatible with it, and, with all due respect to SMS, I simply can't imagine them supplying something that's better.

hkraft300
22-08-2017, 08:16
3rd party apps fill the gap nicely, from telemetry (vrhive) to dash (sim dashboard) to spotter/pit engineer (Crew Chief).
I think the support app community is excellent.

The game devs run out of resources (funds/manpower/time) or face legal hurdles to implement requested features. For everything else, grab yourself an app. There are many free/ demo apps and their paid counterparts that never cost more than DLC.

BiffyClyro88
24-08-2017, 11:17
I want to know if there will be a feature where your engineer tells you something like this: we are expecting rain soon back to the pits in this lap!
Not like in PC1 that u find yourself helpless (watching the AI going to pits all the pack at the same time) and you suddenly in the middle of a downpour begging for wet tyres and forced to make an entire lap with dry tyres on the stream of a river... wasting of course your race!!!

OddTimer
24-08-2017, 11:59
I want to know if there will be a feature where your engineer tells you something like this: we are expecting rain soon back to the pits in this lap!
Not like in PC1 that u find yourself helpless (watching the AI going to pits all the pack at the same time) and you suddenly in the middle of a downpour begging for wet tyres and forced to make an entire lap with dry tyres on the stream of a river... wasting of course your race!!!

I think the engineer gives you an estimate. Rain expected in 10mins for example. I am pretty sure I heard that in a video.

BiffyClyro88
24-08-2017, 13:01
I think the engineer gives you an estimate. Rain expected in 10mins for example. I am pretty sure I heard that in a video.

Good news! Let's hope it will be like this

Mahjik
24-08-2017, 13:21
Just to note, 99% of the time, the drivers are informing the engineer that they have rain drops on their windscreens in real life. ;) The engineers may be looking at weather station information, but the driver is the one informing them of the actual track conditions.

OddTimer
24-08-2017, 13:34
Just to note, 99% of the time, the drivers are informing the engineer that they have rain drops on their windscreens in real life. ;) The engineers may be looking at weather station information, but the driver is the one informing them of the actual track conditions.

yes, true that. I would find it pretty boring if the engineer said: it will start raining next lap, you must pit in in the next too laps. It should be driver deciding when to pit or not...you may wanna stay out another lap for the sake of strategy, etc...

Trippul G
24-08-2017, 13:49
yes, true that. I would find it pretty boring if the engineer said: it will start raining next lap, you must pit in in the next too laps. It should be driver deciding when to pit or not...you may wanna stay out another lap for the sake of strategy, etc...

Absolutely true. But in PCARS1 for example, I could start a qualifying session that said "Current Weather: Light Cloud, Weather Forecast: Medium Cloud"...I leave the pits, and halfway through my outlap, it starts to rain.

What we really need is a better forecasting system, so we have a better idea of what to expect when we go out, and also for the engineer to communicate this to us when we're on track. "We're expecting light rain in the next 5 minutes"...it may come in 30 seconds, it may come in 10 minutes, or occasionally it might not come at all. At least this way you have an idea and can prepare yourself accordingly. In PCARS1 I've only ever been told "it's starting to rain". Well no $#!* pal, I can see that...lol

Mahjik
24-08-2017, 14:54
Absolutely true. But in PCARS1 for example, I could start a qualifying session that said "Current Weather: Light Cloud, Weather Forecast: Medium Cloud"...I leave the pits, and halfway through my outlap, it starts to rain.

Keep in mind, in PC2, it might only be raining on part of the track rather than the whole track. With that, it will still be down to the driver to decide what he/she should do (i.e. if it's only raining on 1/3 of the track, keep slicks on or if it's only dry on 1/3 of the track, wets might be better).

Trippul G
24-08-2017, 15:24
Keep in mind, in PC2, it might only be raining on part of the track rather than the whole track. With that, it will still be down to the driver to decide what he/she should do (i.e. if it's only raining on 1/3 of the track, keep slicks on or if it's only dry on 1/3 of the track, wets might be better).

And that's a perfect example of why a more detailed forecasting system is needed. If it's only raining on 1/3 of the track, but we're expecting it to develop into heavy rain at some point, I'll be making a different decision than if it's raining on 1/3 of the track, but we're expecting clear skies for the rest of the session.

Mahjik
24-08-2017, 15:38
I'll just say, we see things differently.

Trippul G
24-08-2017, 16:58

Forgive my ignorance, but I don't see why having more information available to us would be viewed as anything other than a good thing.

I look at it like this: weather, and precipitation in particular, plays an important role in how we set up our car, and how we approach a particular race session. If I went into the setup menu and under "suspension", the only options we had were "stiff" or "soft", most people would not be satisfied and would want more detailed information than that.

I know it's not a perfect comparison, and ultimately it comes down to the driver needing to decide what to do. I'm not saying we need radar maps and tracking of low-pressure systems or anything like that, and I certainly don't want to know for example that it'll rain laps 1-5, then sunny for lap 6 and 7, then overcast for laps 8-10.

But there has to be some sort of reasonable middle ground between that, and what we have in PCARS1, which essentially amounts to an extremely vague forecast when the session begins, and then for the rest of the time, we're left to looking at the sky and wondering.

Mahjik
24-08-2017, 17:11
The Race Engineer already has information that there may be some rain coming. Weather is very unpredictable in real life. During the middle of a race, you can only change so many things in a pitstop and you won't be changing suspension. It's really only deciding when or if to change to wet tires (and/or back to slicks) but that is the driver's call. I've been on a track where the forecast says sunny and it's pouring down rain, and I've been on a track where it says rain, but it's only overcast.

Now, something that is not related to "Race Engineer" would be a forecast prior to race where you could attempt to decide your suspension changes and guess at what type of setup you want to try.. That's not Race Engineer functionality per say, but I know many WMD members requested this type o capability.

Trippul G
24-08-2017, 18:33
The Race Engineer already has information that there may be some rain coming.

Are you talking about PCARS1or 2? In my experience with 1, I've only ever heard things like "we're seeing some rain now", or "it's stopped raining"...and that's come from Crew Chief...I honestly don't ever remember anything weather-related coming from the actual in-game engineer.

Weather is very unpredictable in real life. During the middle of a race, you can only change so many things in a pitstop and you won't be changing suspension. It's really only deciding when or if to change to wet tires (and/or back to slicks) but that is the driver's call.

Fair enough, but that's why I said it wasn't a perfect comparison. And I agree that ultimately it is the driver's call to make. What I'm saying is that I would like more information fed to me by the engineer concerning what they THINK the weather might do so that I can make a more informed decision about whether I want to stay out or come in. I don't think that's unreasonable to want. It may not be possible in PCARS2 with the weather system they've designed, and that would be unfortunate, but it doesn't stop me from thinking it would be a good idea.

Now, something that is not related to "Race Engineer" would be a forecast prior to race where you could attempt to decide your suspension changes and guess at what type of setup you want to try.. That's not Race Engineer functionality per say, but I know many WMD members requested this type o capability.

That would most definitely be a welcome feature, and to me, would go hand in hand with getting more detailed weather info from the engineer while out on track.

Mahjik
24-08-2017, 18:42
I don't think that's unreasonable to want.

Which is why I said:

Trippul G
24-08-2017, 19:10
Lol...ok, so if for example, Lewis Hamilton is out on track and asks his engineer what the forecast looks like and if they're expecting rain soon, his engineer should reply "sorry Lewis, I can't tell you that. You're being unreasonable"...?

Joethe147
26-08-2017, 03:09
Lol...ok, so if for example, Lewis Hamilton is out on track and asks his engineer what the forecast looks like and if they're expecting rain soon, his engineer should reply "sorry Lewis, I can't tell you that. You're being unreasonable"...?

It seems that you can't really discuss things sometimes, you're just told "Yes but it's our way so too bad".

Forecasting was barely there in 1, so hopefully the second game has you being able to see forecasts for future sessions in your current weekend, that should be a basic expectation from a game where the motorsport career is a big part of the focus.

Konan
26-08-2017, 07:28
It seems that you can't really discuss things sometimes, you're just told "Yes but it's our way so too bad".

That's a bit unfair don't you think?
Mahjik only gave his own reasons why he likes it as it is...
Some things aren't even SMS's way...they are what they are for various reasons....some by choice...some caused by various limitations (multiple platforms is one that springs to mind)

Edit: besides if as you stated SMS would have the attitude to say "it's our way" why would they bother to start up a community (twice) and not just do it "their way"....