PDA

View Full Version : Wheel settings in pause menu

BreadedVirus
23-07-2017, 16:56
Will PC2 have the ability to change wheel settings etc in the pause menu, instead of having to totally exit the current session you are in?

This is something that was definitely missing in the first game.

Mahjik
23-07-2017, 16:58
Will PC2 have the ability to change wheel settings etc in the pause menu, instead of having to totally exit the current session you are in?

This is something that was definitely missing in the first game.

Yes.

honespc
25-07-2017, 13:51

This is something that was definitely missing in the first game.Well at least you didn't have to exit and reload the game like on PC. Thank God this has been fixed too.

When you are on a wheel, the advantage on racing cars such as GT3 of those using between 360-480 rotation is very noticeable to those using them factory 540. Even on performance factory cars (powerful road cars) you usually need to reduce the degrees of rotation dramatically as long as it became eviodent that the current players in the lobby ain't willing to race for the fun road cars are meant for = drift, regardless their end race position. Many will usually mount the track softs and use low of rotation, so you better do so too unless the race is going to be in tracks like the Nords, where sporting higher degrees of rotation won't put you at such extreme disadvantages.

^This was not possible to do in pc1 without leaving the session for the people like me who like higher of rotation, specially on road cars. Absolutely frustrating. But now in pc2, the moment we see wheelers abusing low degrees because they have already stored it from before, then the moment we can react to that and change our wheel accordingly in the setup menu without leaving, or worse, reloading game, and get competitive when they are not willing to go around sliding just for the fun.

DECATUR PLAYA
25-07-2017, 13:55
Yes.

^Good stuff.

I would assume same for the controller.

Trippul G
25-07-2017, 14:13
Two questions that are sorta kinda related to this:

1) Will we be able to change tuning settings from the pause menu without having to return to the pits every time? (I know it's unrealistic, but it can be a real time saver...it could be restricted to free practice mode.)

2) If we do need to return to the pits every time we want to tweak a setup, do we at least have the option to not come out on ice cold tires every time we leave the garage?

Mahjik
25-07-2017, 19:34
1) Will we be able to change tuning settings from the pause menu without having to return to the pits every time? (I know it's unrealistic, but it can be a real time saver...it could be restricted to free practice mode.)

No real-time setup changes.

2) If we do need to return to the pits every time we want to tweak a setup, do we at least have the option to not come out on ice cold tires every time we leave the garage?

You don't have the option. Cars that use tire warmers in real life will have warm tires, and cars that do not will not have warm tires.

Trippul G
25-07-2017, 20:21
No real-time setup changes.

You don't have the option. Cars that use tire warmers in real life will have warm tires, and cars that do not will not have warm tires.

Thanks for the answers. That's a bit of a bummer. I mean, I get that it's a sim, and I'm all for realism under most circumstances, but I do wish we were allowed a bit more freedom to "break the rules" and be un-realistic in cases like this.

honespc
25-07-2017, 20:27
I would have preferred project cars 2 hadn't allowed steering wheel rotation changes.

I find it as one of greatest setup exploits in pc1. I think it should have been banned from the car setup section in pc2, and forced you to use cars real life steering rotation.

Then some people will set their wheels to 360 and so in their control panels...

cxMilk
25-07-2017, 21:39
Does this go for both practice sessions and Free Practice? Totally understand this being the case in race weekend practice sessions and prefer it that way, but that's a bummer for Free Practice if so since Free Practice is a bit more sandbox.

Mahjik
25-07-2017, 22:25
Does this go for both practice sessions and Free Practice? Totally understand this being the case in race weekend practice sessions and prefer it that way, but that's a bummer for Free Practice if so since Free Practice is a bit more sandbox.

The only session types that will differ are:

Time Trial
Race session

Those sessions will start with warm tires regardless.

poirqc
25-07-2017, 22:51
I would have preferred project cars 2 hadn't allowed steering wheel rotation changes.

I find it as one of greatest setup exploits in pc1. I think it should have been banned from the car setup section in pc2, and forced you to use cars real life steering rotation.

Then some people will set their wheels to 360 and so in their control panels...

That might be a thing for those that puts winning above all else. But id rather be 2-3 place behind and have a nice driving experience than winning with a super twitchy setup.

Edit - Bonus for winning with a regular steering angle! :D

konnos
26-07-2017, 16:20
Actually, i have a wheel related request. Is it possible to force PCARS2 to "read" the degrees of rotation of my wheel from inside the game options and NOT from the wheel profiler? I am asking this because rF2 and AMS keep changing my rotation value in the profiler and when I start PC i have to exit and change that when i find out it's been buggered.

Mahjik
26-07-2017, 17:08
Actually, i have a wheel related request. Is it possible to force PCARS2 to "read" the degrees of rotation of my wheel from inside the game options and NOT from the wheel profiler? I am asking this because rF2 and AMS keep changing my rotation value in the profiler and when I start PC i have to exit and change that when i find out it's been buggered.

Technically, you configure what degrees of rotation you want to use when you calibrate the wheel. i.e. if you have 900 degrees but only want to use 360, you stop when you have 360. It will likely default to whatever the specific manufacturer API is telling it but you have the option to override that via calibration.

poirqc
26-07-2017, 22:48
Technically, you configure what degrees of rotation you want to use when you calibrate the wheel. i.e. if you have 900 degrees but only want to use 360, you stop when you have 360. It will likely default to whatever the specific manufacturer API is telling it but you have the option to override that via calibration.

That's something i've always wondered. On Logitech wheels, there's a key combo to pick whatever DoR you want.

Rarely, i would enter a race and the DoR would be really low. The steering was too twitchy. I could work around it by doing the combo and sending it back to 900. However, i would stop around 880 in the calibration process.

When doing the combo, i wonder if the wheel go back to 880 or 900.

It's almost a philosophical question. Not having the answer doesn't change anything! :)

Mahjik
26-07-2017, 22:51
pCARS will only use what has been calibrated or will default to what the drivers tell it. So it all depends on what Logitech is sending back when someone is calling their API's. I would assume if you use the key combo to change it, the drivers will report back the current value. However, if you have already calibrated something different, that shouldn't change what pCARS is doing. It will make things "off" from what pCARS "thinks" it's doing as to what it's really doing.