PDA

View Full Version : PC using gamepads - both Xbox one and PS4 controllers - throttle input problem

Josh
27-07-2017, 02:28
I'm having an issue on PC where the the throttle (Mapped to the right trigger) will go about half way normally, then past about 50% button travel, the car goes to max rev hitting the limiter but doesn't accelerate. It's like the game is considering the half way point of the trigger to be clutch depressed and full throttle. Very bizarre.

I searched the Steam discussions, reddit, google and this forum. I probably saw about 6 posts about it, people report similar issues on console and PC, but no one gets a solution. Some users report that with automatic transmission the car shifts up through the gears to top gear and hit the rev limiter.

Is there a controller configuration file I can delete to reset it perhaps? The game is unfortunately unplayable in this state.

Mahjik
27-07-2017, 15:15
Any chance you can do a video with the telemetry screen enabled?

I'm not fully understanding what you are experiencing and I'm not sure others do (which is why there aren't too many replies).

Josh
27-07-2017, 16:34
Any chance you can do a video with the telemetry screen enabled?

I'm not fully understanding what you are experiencing and I'm not sure others do (which is why there aren't too many replies).

Not really, I don't have any recording software. I could add you on steam and broadcast for you maybe.

It's pretty simple. When the gas pedal/throttle (Right trigger on the controllers) is pushed in 0-50%, everything is normal, the car accelerates slowly. Once pushed past half way, anywhere 50-100% the engine goes instantly to redline, but the car doesn't accelerate.

Mahjik
27-07-2017, 16:46
Not really, I don't have any recording software.

MSI Afterburner is free (and it's what I use): https://www.msi.com/page/afterburner

Josh
27-07-2017, 17:09
Oh, I forgot Rivatuner could record video!

Actually it seems to be fixed now. I'm not sure what I did to fix it. I think there was something going on with Steam Big Picture controller config and the game. There's an option in there to have the shoulder button do two things I think. I loaded one of the community control setups and then reset the in game controls to default.

Somewhere in my meddling the problem has been sorted out. Thanks for replying!

Mahjik
27-07-2017, 17:24
It seems Steam strikes again. ;) You aren't the first person who has been bitten by the Big Picture controller settings. Glad it seems to be sorted out. Post back if it's not.