PDA

View Full Version : AI teammate auto-pitstop?

Taurus84_SK
30-07-2017, 12:14
So i was streaming 24 hours of Spa race, sharing the car with AI driver. About midnight i went to sleep and let the AI do the stints for 3 hours. To my surprise i saw this when i came back - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1094610268

I watched the saved video from the stream and what happend can be seen around 9:47:30 mark - https://www.twitch.tv/videos/162848558 - the AI should had pit in, because last time he crossed the start-finish line he had less than 10l of fuel remaining (and he always did that before). But not this time. He ran out of fuel and ended up in garage. From that point i could not do anything, but abandon the race.

My question is - what changes were made to this pit-stop system (if any at all), to help players do 24 hour races sharing the car with AI teammate without actually having to sit before the computer and tell the AI everytime when he need to pit and what tires he needs? This is the most anoying thing on pCars for me

CassielLight
31-07-2017, 02:56
The annoying thing for me, is having to disable flags and penalties if I intend to use the AI.

24-hour event at Le Mans, I'm in an LMP1, and when someone blocks my AI partner with a GT3--so, what, all the flags except the blue one?--my AI partner would make the overtake by any means it can...and in Sector 3 at Le Mans, a high line on one turn is a track cut on the next. Rack up enough of those, you get DQ'ed.

So, yeah, flags or sleep, pick one. :rolleyes:

Will be interesting to see what's changed. Not long to wait now... :eagerness:

dault3883
31-07-2017, 03:21
sleep for an hour wake up to do the pit stop then go back to bed LOL

breyzipp
31-07-2017, 08:23
Completely agree with both of you. The AI taking over should be reliable and yes I want to drive those races with penalties enabled as well.

I found this frustrating in PCARS 1 as well so let's hope it's working reliably for PCARS 2.

Taurus84_SK
31-07-2017, 13:15
I'm not hoping, i'm here to ask this before i buy the next game because this is game-breaking for me

cxMilk
31-07-2017, 17:37
The lack of running penalties/flags was an annoyance for sure, but I never saw it as game breaking. The AI's inability to handle pit stops, on the other hand, was probably the biggest issue in the game for the single player experience and can totally understand how some may consider it game breaking. It pretty much rendered AI driver swaps moot which in turn hurt the single player endurance experience quite badly. I only ever had the fuel problem mentioned in the OP happen once out of a dozen or so races using the AI swap, but that was enough to kill the desire to use the function anymore. The more persistent issue was the AI's inability to select proper tires during a stop due to weather and then end up pitting every single lap until the weather changed again.

It became a pain either babysitting the AI or running endurance races entirely on my own, which is what I finally fell back on after being burned by the AI's ineptitude far too many times. This is definitely one of the biggest issues in pCars that I hope has been rectified in pCars2.

dault3883
31-07-2017, 22:12
The lack of running penalties/flags was an annoyance for sure, but I never saw it as game breaking. The AI's inability to handle pit stops, on the other hand, was probably the biggest issue in the game for the single player experience and can totally understand how some may consider it game breaking. It pretty much rendered AI driver swaps moot which in turn hurt the single player endurance experience quite badly. I only ever had the fuel problem mentioned in the OP happen once out of a dozen or so races using the AI swap, but that was enough to kill the desire to use the function anymore. The more persistent issue was the AI's inability to select proper tires during a stop due to weather and then end up pitting every single lap until the weather changed again.

It became a pain either babysitting the AI or running endurance races entirely on my own, which is what I finally fell back on after being burned by the AI's ineptitude far too many times. This is definitely one of the biggest issues in pCars that I hope has been rectified in pCars2.

best solution for that find a buddy near by that plays pcars and offer pizza and Beer if they drink it to come over and run an endurance race with you right banner

Taurus84_SK
01-08-2017, 05:59
best solution for that find a buddy near by that plays pcars and offer pizza and Beer if they drink it to come over and run an endurance race with you right banner

Yeah, but you would need another 3 persons and tell your wife, that in Amateur class you just have this number of hours you can drive in 24 hours race and that you need those 3 guys at home for the next 24 hours :D

Seriously, it would be nice, if someone from developers can tell us, if this has been looked after.

dault3883
01-08-2017, 14:04
Yeah, but you would need another 3 persons and tell your wife, that in Amateur class you just have this number of hours you can drive in 24 hours race and that you need those 3 guys at home for the next 24 hours :D

Seriously, it would be nice, if someone from developers can tell us, if this has been looked after.

you could scrape by with just two people would it be exact as real life no but its better than having to resort to AI me and Banner are already planning to do it since we both live in the same town

Taurus84_SK
01-08-2017, 14:09
Let's say that's just not an option for me ;)

Taurus84_SK
16-06-2018, 20:21
Hello guys!

I'm here after a year with the same question which has not been answered yet. I'm watching 24h du Mans right now and i'm thinking about buying PC2. But i need to be sure, that my AI teammate will do his pitstop when i fall asleep at a 24 hour race (realtime). Here is my original question (Twitch link doesn't work anymore obviously)

So i was streaming 24 hours of Spa race, sharing the car with AI driver. About midnight i went to sleep and let the AI do the stints for 3 hours. To my surprise i saw this when i came back - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1094610268

I watched the saved video from the stream and what happend can be seen around 9:47:30 mark - https://www.twitch.tv/videos/162848558 - the AI should had pit in, because last time he crossed the start-finish line he had less than 10l of fuel remaining (and he always did that before). But not this time. He ran out of fuel and ended up in garage. From that point i could not do anything, but abandon the race.

My question is - what changes were made to this pit-stop system (if any at all), to help players do 24 hour races sharing the car with AI teammate without actually having to sit before the computer and tell the AI everytime when he need to pit and what tires he needs? This is the most anoying thing on pCars for me

sirio994
17-06-2018, 01:03
In PC2 essentially the AI auto-pits with one more lap of fuel. If blocked by other cars the AI will try to pit the lap after. I've played many 6H races and never experienced it but others say that if blocked multiple times the AI runs out of fuel. This is the moment for endurance fans to ask things to devs. I feel like it's now or never time to have ai teammate bugs fixed (slower pace than the level, unrealistic high tyre wear and situations in which they run out of fuel).

PC2's life will include the full WEC Super Season (so at least another Le Mans) and has everything potentially to become the ultimate endurance game...

Taurus84_SK
17-06-2018, 08:58
Well that's better than first PC but still not enough to make me buy the game.

And what do you mean by "PC2's life will include the full WEC Super Season"?

sirio994
17-06-2018, 10:03
Well that's better than first PC but still not enough to make me buy the game.

And what do you mean by "PC2's life will include the full WEC Super Season"?

That the game will be the game to play even for the 2019 Le Mans. PC3 won't come out before another Le Mans or two...

davidt33
17-06-2018, 18:40
In PC2 essentially the AI auto-pits with one more lap of fuel.
Thanks for that bit of information. I wasn't too sure what the situation would have been and wanted to know myself. Cheers.

cjhill44
17-06-2018, 19:16
I have only experienced this at Le Mans. Seems to be something to do with the length of the track.

I got within 6hrs of the finish once and my AI driver just failed to pit and ran out on the next lap, they weren't blocked at all.

Did a 1hr race at Le Mans earlier this week to and although the problem didn't affect me, 2 of the other AI cars retired due to running out of fuel, so I am not convinced this issue has been fixed.