PDA

View Full Version : UDP?

BreadedVirus
31-07-2017, 00:42
Will PC2 have the UDP settings in the game and will the current apps that run alongside this on PC1 work with PC2?

Mahjik
31-07-2017, 01:51
Yes

Vettel-ish
03-08-2017, 15:47
Yes

Nice!

oscarolim
03-08-2017, 17:14
So the packet structure is the same? Will there be a way to know if is coming from PC2 (as my app allows the times to be uploaded, and would be good to separate between both).

Schnizz58
03-08-2017, 17:44
So the packet structure is the same? Will there be a way to know if is coming from PC2 (as my app allows the times to be uploaded, and would be good to separate between both).
I think I read that the structs that are already defined will remain as is but new structs will be added as new packet types. No word yet on what might be in those structs. I think the devs have been communicating with guys like MikeyTT and mr_belowski on what additional data elements would be desired.

Eric Rowland
03-08-2017, 17:59
I have a Z1 Dashboard. Will there be any new features or the same as PC1?

Mahjik
03-08-2017, 18:04
There are new features to the protocol. Currently, they are separate (i.e. it's either sending PC1 format, or PC2). I'm not sure if SMS will combine them or not as that could make PC1 apps which may not be coded well, to have issues. However, having two different protocols would mean you are either running all PC1 apps or all PC2 apps.. Damned if you do and damned if you don't. ;)

oscarolim
04-08-2017, 09:09
Well, I think is to praise that they would develop a new protocol and still leave the other behind. I wouldn't expect that.
Hopefully the legacy protocol will have information about the game version (maybe by using the sBuildVersionNumber).

Or if they merge them together, with the BuildVersionNumber + the PacketType would be enough to know if is coming from PC1 or PC2.

I don't think is SMS's responsibility to make sure 3rd party apps are properly codded to avoid issues if the two values above change.

Hopefully we will get information about this publicly before the game is released so we have time to prepare :) Wonder if anyone can put in a good word?