PDA

View Full Version : Lapping AI

CoproManiac
02-08-2017, 10:14
Hey,

I was wondering about how AI will respond when lapping them. In PCars1 lapped AI wouldn't move out of the way, how is this in PCars2? Will they get a blue flag and react accordingly?
(I apologize if this has already been asked, couldn't find any answers)

Thanks in advance.

Cholton82
02-08-2017, 12:20
Hey,

I was wondering about how AI will respond when lapping them. In PCars1 lapped AI wouldn't move out of the way, how is this in PCars2? Will they get a blue flag and react accordingly?
(I apologize if this has already been asked, couldn't find any answers)

Thanks in advance.

Whilst I agree the AI can be overly aggressive whilst being lapped in PC1 they shouldn't really be moving over off the racing line , it happens in F1 but ordinarily the car that is passing has to pass when safe to do so .

Mahjik
02-08-2017, 12:53
The AI will be more sensitive when being lapped verses racing for position. However, they won't just "pull over". You will still need to make a "racing move" to pass them.

In just about every racing discipline besides F1, the Blue Flag means "Faster car approaching". It's an "Informational" flag, not an "Instruction" flag.

CoproManiac
02-08-2017, 13:58
Glad to hear they'll be more sensitive when lapped.

Thanks for the replies. Can't wait til release date :)

mkstatto
02-08-2017, 18:16
The AI will be more sensitive when being lapped verses racing for position. However, they won't just "pull over". You will still need to make a "racing move" to pass them.

In just about every racing discipline besides F1, the Blue Flag means "Faster car approaching". It's an "Informational" flag, not an "Instruction" flag.

Some would say we need to return to this form in F1 too, they get it far to easy! Hard life being a multi millionaire F1 driver.