PDA

View Full Version : Noob Questions

Snacko
02-08-2017, 18:53
Is there a page that explains all of the control configuration sensativities and how they interact with each other?

My race wheel acts as the User Interface control. If my wheel is not centered when I go into the settings it starts changing the current selection. Which is very annoying when I am trying to setup the controls and it selects a different controller. Is there a way to stop the wheel front doing that?

Is there a quick way to jump to the games Options /Controls /Configuration from within a race so I can tweak the settings? Or do I have to exit the race each time?

Is there an external drive by view?

Thanks

hkraft300
02-08-2017, 21:34
Is there a quick way to jump to the games Options /Controls /Configuration from within a race so I can tweak the settings? Or do I have to exit the race each time?

Exit to menu.

Is there an external drive by view?

There is a chase cam and a TV cam in spectator/replay modes.

Snacko
03-08-2017, 14:24
Ok. Thanks.

Is it normal for the race wheel to act as the user interface control and change selections? If my wheel is not centered when I go into Options the settings start cycling left(or right) depending on which way the wheel is turned. I have several times had my Thrustmaster T300rs changed to something else and lost all of my custom key/button assignments and throttle and brake assignments.

I have been flying flight sims for 30 years and the joystick/throttle have never controlled the UI.

Mahjik
03-08-2017, 14:56
Is it normal for the race wheel to act as the user interface control and change selections?

Yes. Many people have full racing sim rigs which makes using a mouse difficult. To help those types of users, the ability to use their wheel on their rig was added.

Snacko
03-08-2017, 18:48
Is it an option that can be turned on/off?

In Dirt Rally it has an option in Controls called 'Mouse UI Control' that can be turned on/off.

Mahjik
06-08-2017, 14:39
Is it an option that can be turned on/off?

No. However, at the bottom of the Force Feedback Calibration screen there is an option for "Menu Spring Strength". You can increase this to be very strong to make it harder to accidently move your steering wheel in the menus.

Snacko
06-08-2017, 20:10
Thanks. That helps a lot.