PDA

View Full Version : Single player Opponent Consistency

ecstaticbrick
05-08-2017, 01:12
Can I ask if the opponents names and skills will stay consistent through out a race calendar year e.g. I am 4th in the championship and I am racing against Joe Bloggs for 3rd?

In Pcars 1, I got the feeling that the AI drivers would just finish in random places, no skill consistency at all.

Javaniceday
05-08-2017, 03:53
Can I ask if the opponents names and skills will stay consistent through out a race calendar year e.g. I am 4th in the championship and I am racing against Joe Bloggs for 3rd?

In Pcars 1, I got the feeling that the AI drivers would just finish in random places, no skill consistency at all.

I'm really wondering about this as well. It was among one of the many things that turned me off career mode in pCARS1 - since it was random where the AI would finish, you could have mediocre races entire season and still get the champ because whoever got 1st place in one race would finish 2nd to last in other races, taking away the sense of urgency or knowing you needed to get podiums or whatnot.

I'm really hoping SMS really clarifies what they're doing with career mode.

Rambo_Commando
05-08-2017, 04:28
Very important question. I'm wondering the same thing as this really killed the immersion of career.

gregc
05-08-2017, 08:07
I've only tried a couple of seasons of career mode but in my experience yes - the fastest AI are the same throughout a season.

cxMilk
05-08-2017, 15:32
It's interesting, because yes, for about six months after release I use to have this issue and it annoyed me to no end. But then at some point that all changed. I'm pretty much always running against the same guys in a given season for the championship. The only odd exceptions is when a track favors a particular car over those that are normally faster elsewhere, but even then, the guys I'm normally racing are still floating around the top. I know that if I have one bad race, the season is probably a write-off as I typically have to podium every race to ensure a championship.

It always surprises me now when people mention this issue. Guess I'm one of the lucky few.

Trippul G
05-08-2017, 15:47
To go along with consistency in individual AI skill, I'm wondering also how the AI difficulty varies between disciplines. In PCARS1 I'd get a good challenge from setting the AI around 85-90, but other disciplines I might have to drop it down to like 65-70 to have a shot. I understand that *some* variation will inevitably be necessary due to my own skill level being slightly different with different vehicles, but needing to adjust the difficulty by 20 points or more seems rather excessive.

Really interested to see if they've worked this out in 2, but so far in all of the career mode videos I've seen, no one's really touched on that.

FIA
10-08-2017, 03:45
It's interesting, because yes, for about six months after release I use to have this issue and it annoyed me to no end. But then at some point that all changed. I'm pretty much always running against the same guys in a given season for the championship. The only odd exceptions is when a track favors a particular car over those that are normally faster elsewhere, but even then, the guys I'm normally racing are still floating around the top. I know that if I have one bad race, the season is probably a write-off as I typically have to podium every race to ensure a championship.

It always surprises me now when people mention this issue. Guess I'm one of the lucky few.

Or it may have something to do with the platform people are playing on, i don't have this problem also, is it just pc and ps4 who have this

Stewy32
12-08-2017, 07:57
I'll often try and mess with the "slower" AI qualifying runs once I have my own time so the title contenders at least start at the front.But better this than F1 2009 Button wins every race.

Mattze
12-08-2017, 17:06
But better this than F1 2009 Button wins every race.

Nothing against Tommy Kendall with his Ford Mustang Cobra, winning Trans-Am series in 1997 ;)