PDA

View Full Version : Kart accelerator and brake animations

ProjectCARSFiend
05-08-2017, 06:39
I just want to know, with the karts this time, when you press the accelerator and brakes, do the pedals actually move or does it do that stupid thing it did in the first game where it made it look like your feet were moving but the pedals didn't actually get pressed down?

Fanapryde
05-08-2017, 12:22
I just want to know, with the karts this time, when you press the accelerator and brakes, do the pedals actually move or does it do that stupid thing it did in the first game where it made it look like your feet were moving but the pedals didn't actually get pressed down?

Never noticed anything wrong, but I play with driver/wheel OFF.
So I tried it out with wheel/driver ON and it looks a bit weird. Pressing the accelerator moves the foot, but not the pedal. Applying brake seems to do nothing at all, at least I couldn't notice.
A thought on the side:
- it would be nice to have a choice of only having the the wheel (because of the display), static or not, and not the driver. With my FOV, I don't see the feet anyway, but the arms and the shifter moves are distracting.

Edit: I am so going to miss the 125 shifter .... :frown-new::chargrined::dejection:

Trippul G
05-08-2017, 15:21
Never noticed anything wrong, but I play with driver/wheel OFF.
So I tried it out with wheel/driver ON and it looks a bit weird. Pressing the accelerator moves the foot, but not the pedal. Applying brake seems to do nothing at all, at least I couldn't notice.
A thought on the side:
- it would be nice to have a choice of only having the the wheel (because of the display), static or not, and not the driver. With my FOV, I don't see the feet anyway, but the arms and the shifter moves are distracting.

Edit: I am so going to miss the 125 shifter .... :frown-new::chargrined::dejection:

I thought it was the 250cc Superkarts that are getting dropped, no? Far as I'm aware, the 125s will be alive and well.

Fanapryde
05-08-2017, 15:30
I thought it was the 250cc Superkarts that are getting dropped, no? Far as I'm aware, the 125s will be alive and well.
I'm afraid not. The 250 Superkart and 125 shifter both got dropped for a 100cc kart...

Trippul G
05-08-2017, 15:34
Hmm. Curious. Wonder why they couldn't have been left as-is? Doesn't seem like 25cc would make much of a difference (if any) from a design standpoint. Is the 100cc based on a real-life licensed kart? Maybe that's why?

Fanapryde
05-08-2017, 15:37
Hmm. Curious. Wonder why they couldn't have been left as-is? Doesn't seem like 25cc would make much of a difference (if any) from a design standpoint. Is the 100cc based on a real-life licensed kart? Maybe that's why?
No idea... But I do hope the 125 shifter gets salvaged, I would not mind the 250 either, prefer both over a 100cc...

Trippul G
05-08-2017, 16:03
I'm wondering if the 100 is a completely different in-game model from the 125? Unless the 100 is based on a licensed kart, it would seem logical to me that they keep the same model and just alter the specs...as maybe they just wanted to adjust the performance level a bit. Personally, I'm not sure I'd notice the difference that 25cc makes unless I did a back to back comparison. Maybe that's what the devs are counting on? Just a guess.

Fanapryde
05-08-2017, 16:32
I'm wondering if the 100 is a completely different in-game model from the 125? Unless the 100 is based on a licensed kart, it would seem logical to me that they keep the same model and just alter the specs...as maybe they just wanted to adjust the performance level a bit. Personally, I'm not sure I'd notice the difference that 25cc makes unless I did a back to back comparison. Maybe that's what the devs are counting on? Just a guess.
A 125 shifter is higely different from a 100cc. I raced a 125 shifter for several years and I found it to be much more fun than a non shifter kart, be it 100cc or 125 auto.

Trippul G
05-08-2017, 17:45
A 125 shifter is higely different from a 100cc. I raced a 125 shifter for several years and I found it to be much more fun than a non shifter kart, be it 100cc or 125 auto.

So the 100cc kart we're getting in-game...is that not a shifter? I can't tell from the pic on the car list page.

**edit** Ironic that I hit my 100th post and became a "Superkart Pilot" in a thread discussing the demise of said Superkarts. :nonchalance:

Fanapryde
05-08-2017, 18:56
So the 100cc kart we're getting in-game...is that not a shifter? I can't tell from the pic on the car list page.

**edit** Ironic that I hit my 100th post and became a "Superkart Pilot" in a thread discussing the demise of said Superkarts. :nonchalance:
Nope...
Congratz on your promotion :D