PDA

View Full Version : [PCars1] Rain AI?

ImpliedConsent
11-08-2017, 17:18
I just started a new Endurance career. I run at 80 for AI. During Nürburgring (a 2hr24min race), after 5 laps and a 7sec lead, it started to rain (on a very clear night...weird). Of course, it started after I passed a potential pit stop for wet weather tires.
As I entered Nordschleife, I started losing grip and lead time. My TC was set at 3, anticipating some wet weather, but it did no good. I was all over the road, yet, the AI's were unaffected, running full speed without loss of traction. Even operating conservative higher gear toe tapping, I was just sliding everywhere. The rain stopped, but I was already pretty banged up and in last place.

Questions: is this normal AI behavior? is there something I should've done?

Mahjik
11-08-2017, 17:34
The AI is too good at predicting weather. When they know it's going to rain (and they always do), they will start the race on rain tires.

ImpliedConsent
11-08-2017, 17:55
The AI is too good at predicting weather. When they know it's going to rain (and they always do), they will start the race on rain tires.

1: Hi ... I went to SMN HS and know the KCMO area ... XD
2: We need that AI for out local weather
3: I'll try starting with rain tires... but my bet I'll burn them off before it even rains.

OK, well, TY.

gotdirt410sprintcar
11-08-2017, 18:16
It be cool in pcars2 the track you go too would be real weather temp etc like it would be that day real life ....Or a weather forecast with predictions so your ready for the start of race. But if you practice the weather happens the same in practice as race so you should of allready new just saying. Can't blame SMS for that

ImpliedConsent
11-08-2017, 18:33
But if you practice the weather happens the same in practice as race so you should of allready new just saying. Can't blame SMS for that I've always felt my wet weather driving (with wet weather tires) was one of my strengths (PQR). I usually setup my tires "...based on weather". It doesn't seem practical to start with wet weather tires in anticipation of rain that might/might not happen. I know now, but it's well after failing in that race. Eh, whatever. I'm just trying to see if there are some answers to that weirdness.

Mahjik
11-08-2017, 19:31
The career weather is scripted, so once you try the race once, you can plan for it if you re-run it. I'm not sure what cars are in that race, but you might be able to look at the tire tread on the other cars at the beginning of the race to see what they are starting on...

Just keep in mind that the AI does use a different tire model so it will never be exactly equal with the player.