PDA

View Full Version : Question on Championships

Justice238
17-08-2017, 05:10
So I have been watching people's content on YT and such, and my question is regarding championships in PC2. Everyone I see playing the career mode has the option to select a tier to race in, which is cool, like Pcars 1. But are there any longer championships than what i'm seeing these guys do? Like every tier they go to are all like 5 races or so. Will there be a feature that has like actual "seasons" where there are a lot of races in a championship, or are we limited to these mini-championships that I see everyone doing.

Also, I see that we have online custom championships now, but not for single player. Would we have the ability to add AI in our custom championship races? Like if me and 2 friends want to create our own championship with just us 3 and fill out the rest of the grid with AI drivers each race? If so, that would kinda solve the issue.

Thanks in advance for the responses.

FS7
17-08-2017, 19:23
From what I've seen there's the option to choose short/long championship in career in addition to choosing race length. I'd imagine championships in lower tiers have less races than championships in higher tiers. Having 5-race championships with 20-minute races in LMP1 like in PCars1 would be a disappointment for a lot of people imo.

Mattze
17-08-2017, 20:57
From what I've seen there's the option to choose short/long championship in career in addition to choosing race length. I'd imagine championships in lower tiers have less races than championships in higher tiers. Having 5-race championships with 20-minute races in LMP1 like in PCars1 would be a disappointment for a lot of people imo.

It would be nice to have long championships of 8, 9, 10 races in lower tiers too. The career mode is the only way to simulate these small series as we lack offline championships.

FIA
18-08-2017, 00:20
I think the online championships filled with all AI and 1 human player is still in the making, as i read on the gt planet forum
there trying to have this in the game and are working on it now, i also wanted this offline champ but if the online champ can work with AI then all good.

OddTimer
18-08-2017, 10:34
I think the online championships filled with all AI and 1 human player is still in the making, as i read on the gt planet forum
there trying to have this in the game and are working on it now, i also wanted this offline champ but if the online champ can work with AI then all good.

yeah, this seems to be the case...but at the moment online championship does not support AI (only real players), fingers crossed it can be implemented before the release of the game.

Trippul G
18-08-2017, 18:08
Just finished watching the latest livestream, I'm disappointed no one asked the question about AI and Online Championships. I'm actually surprised that it's even an issue, tbh, as I would've thought that having AI available to round out your online field would be a given, but apparently not?

Also, am I correct in assuming that Online Championships and your traditional standard one-off online races are not the same, with regards to AI and whether they can be used to fill the grid?

**edit** Additionally, Andy Tudor mentioned in the stream that Online Championships will be activated "soon after launch"...what's up with that?

Vettel-ish
18-08-2017, 19:32
Grid did a awesome job keeping you interested in getting to the next tier. I hope they do something like that and not just a "time trial" version like they have now. Its so boring to race career with PC1

FIA
18-08-2017, 22:46
Yes i watched that stream and thay said the championship will come after the release, this may be, i hope, because there making this online champ work with AI
as this and the offline champ has been asked for by lots of people on forums here and gtplanet and comments on there game site

there are lots of people commenting to say NO offline champ, no buy, if we can make race weekends in Pcars1 and 2 online/offline with AI,
then we should have this in the champ as it will fill the gap of the missing offline champ we are all wanting.

I'm disappointed no one asked the question about AI and Online Championships.

someone may of asked the question but was not answered, question was ignored so to not answer

seb02
19-08-2017, 08:00
Yes i watched that stream and thay said the championship will come after the release, this may be, i hope, because there making this online champ work with AI
as this and the offline champ has been asked for by lots of people on forums here and gtplanet and comments on there game site

there are lots of people commenting to say NO offline champ, no buy, if we can make race weekends in Pcars1 and 2 online/offline with AI,
then we should have this in the champ as it will fill the gap of the missing offline champ we are all wanting.

someone may of asked the question but was not answered, question was ignored so to not answer

So we will not know before the release if we can fill the online championship with AI? It's a bit annoying for the guys like me who are waiting to know if it will be possible to pre-order the game and get the pre-order bonus. I would prefer an offline custom championship but if you can fill the online championship with AI exclusively, it will be good for me.

Trippul G
19-08-2017, 14:44
^They stated they'll be doing another, similar stream after Gamescom (first week of September, I think? Don't quote me.) I believe they said they'll also be doing streaming during Gamescom, but I doubt it's going to be a similar Q&A format, so unless the devs decide to volunteer this information, we'll probably have to wait to get our answer.

seb02
20-08-2017, 11:49
^They stated they'll be doing another, similar stream after Gamescom (first week of September, I think? Don't quote me.) I believe they said they'll also be doing streaming during Gamescom, but I doubt it's going to be a similar Q&A format, so unless the devs decide to volunteer this information, we'll probably have to wait to get our answer.

Ok. Thanks Trippul G