PDA

View Full Version : PC vs. Console

ShneebnaMRR108
20-08-2017, 16:07
So, if I run out and get a suitable gaming PC for pC2, will I loose the opportunity to play pC2 with all my current gaming bud's that might be on the Console format?
Hope there's a simple answer here from someone. THX

Mahjik
20-08-2017, 16:08
Yes. There is no cross-platform support for PC2 (or PC1 for that matter).

ShneebnaMRR108
20-08-2017, 16:11
And is there any speculation as to when that day (cross-platform play) may come in the future?
@Mahjik, thanks for the prompt reply.

Mahjik
20-08-2017, 16:23
That can only happen if/when SMS/BN have their own multiplayer services rather than using the platform provider's services. Definitely not something in the cards for PC2.

honespc
20-08-2017, 20:19
$ony still not willing to allow cross-play on its platform, so playing against ps4 users will be never possible at least for now in any game.

I thought cross play between xbox1-x and PC would be the case for pc2 too though

Silraed
21-08-2017, 03:18
XBone and PC crossplay is only for titles in the windows store basically at this point and if it was done you would probably have the same split in the community we had with the Oculus store version not being able to play with the Steam version.

OddTimer
21-08-2017, 09:50
I think Microsoft announced the first cross play game with Steam, sorry can't remember the title. I was watching their presentation from Gamescom last night when they mentioned it. I think Age of Empires could offer something similar, to be announced tonight though. Yeah Sony is just being Sony, blah.

Trippul G
21-08-2017, 13:52
I think Microsoft announced the first cross play game with Steam, sorry can't remember the title. I was watching their presentation from Gamescom last night when they mentioned it. I think Age of Empires could offer something similar, to be announced tonight though. Yeah Sony is just being Sony, blah.

For what it's worth, PC and XB1 users have been able to play together in Rocket League for many months now. I think PS4/PC can play together too, but I'm not sure. But definitely no XB1/PS4 crossplay...heavens no, the world would come to an end were Sony to allow THAT to happen...:upset:

**edit** Interesting article (https://www.gamespot.com/amp-articles/e3-2017-rocket-league-cross-play-for-xbox-one-swit/1100-6450903/) from Gamescom today talking about this very thing, actually.

**second edit** LOL...just realized that's from E3, not Gamescom, but regardless, the point stands. Sony is the stumbling block here.

Fight-Test
21-08-2017, 21:06
$ony still not willing to allow cross-play on its platform, so playing against ps4 users will be never possible at least for now in any game.

I thought cross play between xbox1-x and PC would be the case for pc2 too though

Playstation has cross play with PC just not xbox

F1_Racer68
23-08-2017, 15:41
Sony used to have cross-platform play with Steam. In fact, you used to be able to use your PSN login to connect to Steam.

They had it in place for Portals, Portals 2, and at least one of the Final Fantasy games.

All of that began to change after the infamous 2011 PSN hack though, as Sony started ot close as many doors as possible to protect themselves.

That threat is also the main reason behind MS only allowing cross platform between games purchased in the Windows Store. Well, that, and the fact that it makes a convenient excuse for a cash grab.......

Blake-Lee43
24-08-2017, 05:31
Recently at E3 this year it was announced that Minecraft would allow Xbox, PC, Nintendo Switch and mobile all to be able to cross play. Sony how ever is the only one who won't come to the table on cross play.

dsoliver18
03-09-2018, 14:46
I have read one article about it here is it: dmarket.com/blog/pc-vs-console-what-to-choose-in-2018/, for myself I understand that PC for me more important. But in real life I have never choose, I play on PC and on console also))

Cladandadum
03-09-2018, 16:28
Sony allows cross play on War Thunder with PC users. Has done for years.

R-VR Closet
03-09-2018, 19:50
This non crossplay policy some companies is playing is so silly, and it both hurts the market as a whole and themselves in the end!.. .

satco1066
03-09-2018, 21:03
i don't think so.
Most FP shooters on PC use mouse and keyboard. They are faster than console players with gamepads. This community does not want to fight together.
PC versions of games have more features, some are moddable, so PCs have either a big advantage or you have to cut games down to be fully compatible to console versions.
Do you really want amputated games as PC player, just for the feature of crossplay ?

If you want to play with consoleiros, buy a console :p

DozUK
03-09-2018, 22:22
There is cross play between ps4 and PC for Street Fighter 5

Mahjik
03-09-2018, 22:55
Sony allows cross play on War Thunder with PC users. Has done for years.

It's because Sony doesn't have a flagship product which competes in the same market. They aren't going to have a acing product, for quite awhile, cross-play when they don't deliver GT on other platforms. That would give another racing product a leg up on their own franchise product.

R-VR Closet
04-09-2018, 03:18
i don't think so.
Most FP shooters on PC use mouse and keyboard. They are faster than console players with gamepads. This community does not want to fight together.
PC versions of games have more features, some are moddable, so PCs have either a big advantage or you have to cut games down to be fully compatible to console versions.
Do you really want amputated games as PC player, just for the feature of crossplay ?

If you want to play with consoleiros, buy a console :p

No, and that's not what I said. But for the games that already are on both PC and console I would wan't it to be cross play.
I also have friends on only Xbox, and only PS4, and would be nice if I could play with them. I also have two sons that have Xbox.
And mainly I'm talking about sim racing here, which is a niech market, we need more players on the servers, then it's not a good thing deviding the market even more.. .

ShneebnaMRR108
04-09-2018, 03:42
I got my PC after so much frustration on XBOX.

Markus Ott
04-09-2018, 09:16
Welcome to the master race