PDA

View Full Version : SMS what's wrong with the so poor Touring Cars list in PC2???!!!!

BiffyClyro88
21-08-2017, 10:22
I'm Totally disappointed they only added 3 cars..really? is that a joke? we have Merc A45 Tcc; Ren Megane Tcc (by the way fictional cars i guess) and thank god at least this: Opel astra from the new TCR international series!
Now i want to get why they added almost every GT3 cars in PC2 and that's a really good job i love it!!!
But they miss all the cars from DTM new and retro like Alfa Romeo 155; opel Calibra/Astra
All the cars from BTCC HOW???!!! like ford focus; Honda civic type-r; Bmw; Toyota; MG; Audi; Vauxhall insignia and many others!!!
All the cars from TCR Series like WV golf; Alfa Romeo Giulietta; Audi rs3; Seat Leon and many others!!!
All the cars from the V8 aussie like Holden commodore; Nissan altima; merc; and Volvo!!!
All the cars from WTCC like Honda civic Type-r; Citroen C-elysee; Chevrolet Cruze; Volvo s60; Lada Vesta
Also all the cars From the Japanese GT3 Series new and retro like Nissan;Subaru;Toyota;Lexus;Honda;Mazda
I would like to see a Jaguar GT3; Maserati GT3 and Lotus Evora GT3!!!

I don't care about Rally and Ice on Tracks neither about 1.000 Lotus; Street cars or exotic/hyper cars that i will drive maybe once..just a waste of time and money!

Please can someone explain me this, if i preorder PC2 i will get the Japanese dlc once i get the game then whenever i decide to buy the season pass i will get also the motorsport pack Right??? i don't want to miss the Panoz GT1 and Opel Astra TCR!!!

1 last thing, i would like to know if the collision and damage system has been improved and how much??? i would like to see cars during races got heavy, serious and accurate damage! Because PC1 got some problems, flaws like damage system still from Need for Speed:Unleashed 2 using the same engine!

Seelenkrank
21-08-2017, 10:27
if you pay the license for them they will be adding your wanted content i bet ;)

Cheesenium
21-08-2017, 10:32
Because most touring cars are tied to a series where it is more difficult to obtain the license than cars like GT3 that is not tied to a specific series.

TCR is still fairly new so that might take some time before they are more common in games.

I would love more touring cars too, unfortunately, it is quite difficult to obtain them.

Sankyo
21-08-2017, 10:44
Next to licensing problems, cars take a lot of time to be made at the level of detail that SMS puts into them. SMS has put a lot of new cars into the game, some of which are much higher on the 'most wanted' list since pC1. So with limited time and resources, it's a priority call and I think that SMS has managed it very well.

Invincible
21-08-2017, 10:51
I'm Totally disappointed they only added 3 cars..really? is that a joke? we have Merc A45 Tcc; Ren Megane Tcc (by the way fictional cars i guess) and thank god at least this: Opel astra from the new TCR international series!
Now i want to get why they added almost every GT3 cars in PC2 and that's a really good job i love it!!!
But they miss all the cars from DTM new and retro like Alfa Romeo 155; opel Calibra/Astra
All the cars from BTCC HOW???!!! like ford focus; Honda civic type-r; Bmw; Toyota; MG; Audi; Vauxhall insignia and many others!!!
All the cars from TCR Series like WV golf; Alfa Romeo Giulietta; Audi rs3; Seat Leon and many others!!!
All the cars from the V8 aussie like Holden commodore; Nissan altima; merc; and Volvo!!!
All the cars from WTCC like Honda civic Type-r; Citroen C-elysee; Chevrolet Cruze; Volvo s60; Lada Vesta
Also all the cars From the Japanese GT3 Series new and retro like Nissan;Subaru;Toyota;Lexus;Honda;Mazda
I would like to see a Jaguar GT3; Maserati GT3 and Lotus Evora GT3!!!

OMG!!! Right?! Imma just keep adding exclamation marks, this will make my DEMAND for moar cars more legit, right?!!!!!

1 last thing, i would like to know if the collision and damage system has been improved and how much??? i would like to see cars during races got heavy, serious and accurate damage! Because PC1 got some problems, flaws like damage system still from Need for Speed:Unleashed 2 using the same engine!

On a more serious note: The damage system in pcars 1 was already pretty capable but hindered by manufacturer restrictions. This hasn't changed in pcars 2. Even if the engine was capable of disintegrating the cars into tiny pieces and let them burst into flames, if the manufactures don't let you do it (and trust me, they won't!) you won't see it in the game.

konnos
21-08-2017, 10:55
Well there is a point to BiffyClyro88's comment about the damage system. In no sim out there, is the damage model close to reality. Reality is really harsh and a slight contact would probably take us out of the race. A bump to the wall would destroy wheel and suspension and you re out. So indeed the damage models are quite forgiving in that regard and usually just give you some aero damage or a turned wheel which in most cases is salvageable during your pitstop. I am not saying I want damage like this, it would be quite a pain in the butt, but he is right technically.

Sankyo
21-08-2017, 11:14
As Invincible stated, it's the restrictions by the car manufacturers that severely limit the visual damage that cars can suffer in the game. That means that there will be a big mismatch between visual damage and impact on handling. From the few accidents I remember from pC2, it didn't take much to damage the car so much that I had to retire so I felt that the damage system is quite unforgiving (which felt right to me). I haven't tested how it really compares to reality, though.

honespc
21-08-2017, 11:34
@_OP: Here's hoping there will be quite a big DLC with some of those touring you mention, such as the Alfa 155; The Seat Leon; calibra etc. It would add a whole entire extra dimension to the insuperable local British tracks we can enjoy in this series since pc1, and now with Knockhill, etc

I don't care about Street cars or exotic/hyper cars that i will drive maybe once
Because you probably don't play with a wheel. When you get one you'll see how wrong you were, as they make precisely for the most fun you can get out of this game.

RacingAtHome
21-08-2017, 13:48
I'm as annoyed about the relatively weak Touring Car group as a whole. As one of the major series (Basically all categories in career bar RX being OW, Prototype, Touring and GT), I would say it's the weakest by far and as a fan of many touring car series, I am slightly annoyed as well and especially with the Super 2000 RWD BMW being with the FWD TCR spec cars. However, it's better than what we have in PC1 and I expect it to improve further for the sole reason it's a major area and I'm sure they'll acknowledge that too.

However, licensing for cars is a minefield. Good luck with getting modern DTM. That was most likely removed because it was pretty barebones in terms of liveries and a single car.

Even without series restrictions, SMS may have to approach 3 different groups of people for 1 car. E.g. Motorbase have the Ford Focus NGTC. They'll have to approach Ford for the car and Motorbase to license as well as the series.

I expect this to be the case for non-manufacturer TCR cars such as the Giulietta as Romeo Ferraris build that car.

Alfisti
21-08-2017, 14:01
Will never, ever understand the constant call for more cars. It takes an age to get used to one car and get it right AT EACH TRACK so how much time do you guys have on your hands?

Sankyo
21-08-2017, 14:45
Will never, ever understand the constant call for more cars. It takes an age to get used to one car and get it right AT EACH TRACK so how much time do you guys have on your hands?
I agree with that, however, what can you do if your favourite car is not in a game? You ask for it :) Plus, when racing online or offline people want a complete grid if possible.

Personally I prefer the game covering as many disciplines as possible, with limited rosters. But I can understand those who want the opposite.

BiffyClyro88
21-08-2017, 15:12
that's right i don't play with a wheel unfortunately... so i ask to everyone to recommend me a nice wheel for PC1 i'm on XBOX ONE (not an expensive one i want to spend 80euros)

BiffyClyro88
21-08-2017, 15:17
By the way Thank you everybody for your answers but for example talking again about damage system so far the only games that have a nice and accurate damage system are Codemasters games like DIRT 3 or Grid 1 and 2 or Grid Autosport!

Scuderia Paul
21-08-2017, 18:58
Maybe there is a late 1990s BTCC Pack coming out. I can dream can't I?

cunningham85
21-08-2017, 19:36
It is sad that there is really a lack of BTCC cars simply due to the fact you almost have every track needed for the championship. Its the biggest motorsport championship in the UK. The Game is made in the UK. You have Renault clios, Ginettas and formula ford so almost the full support package to the championship

Ohwell I guess im just clinging onto the fact I want a similar game to the old TOCA titles

honespc
21-08-2017, 19:40
recommend me a nice wheel (not an expensive one i want to spend 80euros)You'd be better off not buying a "wheel" then.

rosko
21-08-2017, 21:40
Don't care much for modern TC but the older cars yes.

You probably need to get a pc & r3e as that has an excellent selection of modern & classic tc.

Rodgerzzz
22-08-2017, 12:49
4 modern Touring Cars, 5 Group A cars, a couple of Vintage touring cars, Renault Clio Cup cars & The Ford Falcon V8 Supercar seems like a pretty comprehensive list of Tourers to race to me... hopefully they add some more cars or classes through DLC packs (Supertourers would be lovely) but the list at launch seems perfectly varied.

hkraft300
22-08-2017, 15:18
4 modern Touring Cars, 5 Group A cars, a couple of Vintage touring cars, Renault Clio Cup cars & The Ford Falcon V8 Supercar seems like a pretty comprehensive list of Tourers to race to me... hopefully they add some more cars or classes through DLC packs (Supertourers would be lovely) but the list at launch seems perfectly varied.

Plus the Huracan Super Trofeo (http://www.projectcarsgame.com/newspc2/project-cars-2-welcomes-lamborghini-7-raging-bulls-built-to-perform.html?lang=en) :)

Markeeez
22-08-2017, 16:44
Project Cars 2 can't have every official car racing series ever! They have loads of classes and they have a WTCC style copy series so lets be grateful for that, if you want the full official WTCC line up then Race room has the official licence so you can play that.

Alfisti
22-08-2017, 20:16
IMHO the most underrated car in PC1 is the BMW 320 Touring car that NOBODY ever wants to race with online. it's the sole car in it's class but it is so much fun. Enough power, enough grip but not too much of either, would be great racing but be damned if anyone joins me.

cunningham85
22-08-2017, 20:20
IMHO the most underrated car in PC1 is the BMW 320 Touring car that NOBODY ever wants to race with online. it's the sole car in it's class but it is so much fun. Enough power, enough grip but not too much of either, would be great racing but be damned if anyone joins me.

Add the Merc and Vauxhall to that and I think you will find they might get used a lot more in PC2

Alfisti
22-08-2017, 20:38
I am sure it would be but there's no love for this car. People join the little Ginetta races, the small thing with no power, tonnes of body roll and tonnes of grip. Open a race with that and people buy in but the 320TC, crickets chirping.

Rodgerzzz
22-08-2017, 21:26
Plus the Huracan Super Trofeo (http://www.projectcarsgame.com/newspc2/project-cars-2-welcomes-lamborghini-7-raging-bulls-built-to-perform.html?lang=en) :)

Forgot about the Huracan being on the car list but is the Super Trofeo really a Touring category though? I was under the impression it's an offshoot GT class of the Porsche Carrera Cup ilk.

Fight-Test
22-08-2017, 21:39

I agree 100%. This was a great car to drive. I play on real assists and this little guy with no assists and cold tires was handful coming out of pit. I loved every minute and probably the single car that made me better and better. Unfortunately you also correct about barely anyone wanting to run it. Most of the time someone joins, leaves pit and mashes the gas and goes into the wall and then they quit. I also had some great races with only 1 or 2 other guys in the room. The megane trophy car would be my second choice for working on race craft. Im excited we will have some other cars to run it against and we have the option of RWD with the 320 and front with the new additions. Should be a great little class even if its not accurate. That old 320 is still running in alot of series too.

hkraft300
22-08-2017, 22:44
Forgot about the Huracan being on the car list but is the Super Trofeo really a Touring category though? I was under the impression it's an offshoot GT class of the Porsche Carrera Cup ilk.

Could argue it's more of the touring spirit than DTM/V8SC.
You're not wrong that it's very Carrera Cup GT-ish. It's another 1-make spec race car.

BiffyClyro88
23-08-2017, 10:53
Why? I found this one the Thrustmaster Ferrari F458 spider to be a good wheel and not expensive just 82euros i think it's enough to enjoy PC1 and soon 2!!!
Why should i waste 200/300 bucks?? it's way too much and madness..

BiffyClyro88
23-08-2017, 10:57

I totally agree with you that car is awesome but only 1 car for Touring class in PC1 was a real shame... well also the nice Megane
That's why i hope to see more of them in PC2!

BiffyClyro88
23-08-2017, 11:00
You'd be better off not buying a "wheel" then.

Why? I found this one the Thrustmaster Ferrari F458 spider to be a good wheel and not expensive just 82euros i think it's enough to enjoy PC1 and soon 2!!!

i know this is off topic i just wanted to answer this guy!

Bealdor
23-08-2017, 11:05

Once you've tried out a wheel with FFB and 900 steering range you'll think differently.
It may look like a good deal to you but IMO it's 82€ wasted that could've brought you closer to a good wheel, like a G920 (https://www.amazon.it/Logitech-Driving-Force-Volante-Corsa/dp/B011N78DMA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1503486194&sr=8-1) (It's even on sale right now).
Yes I do know that's a lot of money and not everybody can afford it. But if you can, it's definitely not "wasted" money.

There's a saying in German: "Buy cheap, buy twice!"...

BiffyClyro88
23-08-2017, 11:11

Let's hope in fact to get some more Touring cars in future DLC!
Renault clio??!!! Please don't even mention it, i don't even consider it a car... that awful thing
We have to face the reality Touring class was weak in PC1 and still is weak now in PC2 but at least they are trying to add a bunch of new cars! It's a start a lazy start but it's something

BiffyClyro88
23-08-2017, 11:15
Once you've tried out a wheel with FFB and 900 steering range you'll think differently.
It may look like a good deal to you but IMO it's 82 wasted that could've brought you closer to a good wheel, like a G920 (https://www.amazon.it/Logitech-Driving-Force-Volante-Corsa/dp/B011N78DMA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1503486194&sr=8-1) (It's even on sale right now).
Yes I do know that's a lot of money and not everybody can afford it. But if you can, it's definitely not "wasted" money.

Ok i'll keep that in mind i'll go check it out, thank you very much for your advice!

Sankyo
23-08-2017, 11:17
Renault clio??!!! Please don't even mention it, i don't even consider it a car... that awful thing

Did you ever race it? It doesn't have downforce and doesn't do 350 kph, but racing it in single-class racing is great fun.

BiffyClyro88
23-08-2017, 11:41
Did you ever race it? It doesn't have downforce and doesn't do 350 kph, but racing it in single-class racing is great fun.

Ok probably it's fun to drive but I don't assure you i'll do it but maybe one day i will try it!
I can't even imagine to watch a race replay with that thing that ugly box on wheels moving on the track..

Right now i'm playing with Assetto Corsa on Xbox and i'm not Able to understand why it is such a shitty game a joke like Forza and Gran turismo... sorry maybe someone will kill me and burn me alive but why Assetto it's so different from that Jewel, pure gold that is Project cars???!!!
Once you try Project you don't go back to other racing games it's perfection about driving feeling just like should be! Awesome

honespc
23-08-2017, 11:42
Well. The cold tyre behaviour on the Clio in pc1 wasn't precisely..., stellar, let alone believable, at least until tyres were warmed up and with a little tuning on the rear pressure.

I don't know how that mini-racing, kind of touring car version performs in reality, but you can count on my experience of having put "(I've lost account on many Clios including that one from the late nineties)" to the test on the road and on slaloms, and the car does not behave like that, at least on road tyres.

It was indeed one of the worst examples of pc1 greatness that awaited to the player, and I hope Its handling model specially on cold tyres has been revised to a full extent.

Zenzic
23-08-2017, 13:16
"I don't know how that mini-racing, kind of touring car version performs in reality, but you can count on my experience of having put "(I've lost account on many Clios including that one from the late nineties)" to the test on the road and on slaloms, and the car does not behave like that, at least on road tyres."

You might as well be extrapolating your experience in peeling bananas to race cars.

honespc
23-08-2017, 13:20
experience in peeling bananasYou talking from experience

Zenzic
23-08-2017, 13:33
No, I prefer unpeeled apples to gain insights in Group A wastegate pressures. I can now say with confidence that is one of the most realistic aspects in PCars 1.

honespc
23-08-2017, 13:54
I can figure where that wastegate of yours is docked at

Konan
23-08-2017, 13:56
Keep it nice and tidy people....

Fanapryde
23-08-2017, 16:00
I need that WTF button again !
The Clio is one of the most fun cars to race in any sim. I agree it was not the best in pCars1, but I think that is not even what you mean, right ?

Alfisti
23-08-2017, 16:10
I agree 100%. This was a great car to drive. I play on real assists and this little guy with no assists and cold tires was handful coming out of pit. I loved every minute and probably the single car that made me better and better. Unfortunately you also correct about barely anyone wanting to run it. Most of the time someone joins, leaves pit and mashes the gas and goes into the wall and then they quit. I also had some great races with only 1 or 2 other guys in the room. The megane trophy car would be my second choice for working on race craft. Im excited we will have some other cars to run it against and we have the option of RWD with the 320 and front with the new additions. Should be a great little class even if its not accurate. That old 320 is still running in alot of series too.

I allow all assists when i create a race weekend bu still no one joins, well they do but leave straight away so i assume they don't know the car and thought it was the DTM cars which are soulless IMHO.

Rodgerzzz
23-08-2017, 18:43
I need that WTF button again !
The Clio is one of the most fun cars to race in any sim. I agree it was not the best in pCars1, but I think that is not even what you mean, right ?

Reading Biffy's posts in this thread I don't even think he's driven it in all honesty! Anyway yeah it's a superb and fun car that should rightfully be in the PCARS2 again, you just have to drive it like a motorized shopping trolley to get the most out of it :D

honespc
23-08-2017, 18:53
The only problem I see with the Clio in Project Cars is the cold tyre physics on this car in particular. They are like..., all over the top, bordering on retardation. Once the tryes are up to temp and you reduced rear pressure by a mile, in this particular car too, then It begins to handle as you would expect it to

BiffyClyro88
24-08-2017, 10:06
It may look like a good deal to you but IMO it's 82 wasted that could've brought you closer to a good wheel, like a G920 (https://www.amazon.it/Logitech-Driving-Force-Volante-Corsa/dp/B011N78DMA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1503486194&sr=8-1) (It's even on sale right now).

I need few questions about the Logitech G920 before buying it, i'm ignorant about wheels and i always played with joypad:
1.So to switch gears i'm forced to use only the gear box or can i use the two flaps on the wheel too?
2.About the clutch pedal i'm forced to use it or can i avoid it? If i must use it i need to push the clutch every time i shift gears? (dumb question i know but i want every detail)

Konan
24-08-2017, 10:23
I need few questions about the Logitech G920 before buying it, i'm ignorant about wheels and i always played with joypad:
1.So to switch gears i'm forced to use only the gear box or can i use the two flaps on the wheel too?
2.About the clutch pedal i'm forced to use it or can i avoid it? If i must use it i need to push the clutch every time i shift gears? (dumb question i know but i want every detail)

AFAIK (been a while since i owned a wheel)

1.you can use the gear paddles on the wheel itself

2.clutch use is not obligated

I owned a Thrustmaster wheel with shift paddles and without clutch pedal and it worked fine...

BiffyClyro88
24-08-2017, 10:33
AFAIK (been a while since i owned a wheel)

1.you can use the gear paddles on the wheel itself

2.clutch use is not obligated

I owned a Thrustmaster wheel with shift paddles and without clutch pedal and it worked fine...

Thank u very much for the quick answer! Now I will Buy it for sure!!!

honespc
24-08-2017, 11:17
Thank u very much for the quick answer! Now I will Buy it for sure!!!Project cars includes automatic clutch and throttle blip in its handling for all those of us who don't use h-shfiters with clutch.

Assetto Corsa does for instance allow you to force others not using an auto clutch feature, and also more interesting imo the throttle blip, which would be a very wellcome feature for pc2 that sure add/requiere a little more of skill from us paddle users, as here we paddle users have a little of advantage over h-shift+manual clutch users when driving cars that use this classic method, due to the already applied throttle blip anytime we shift gears.