PDA

View Full Version : DL requirements for Pcars?

hardlock
24-08-2017, 00:48
Hi all! I've been playing a bootleg DL for some time and love it and am hoping when I order the Game of the Year bundle, my crummy internet access will allow the trip? I see tons of updates available but am wondering if I order now, will it already be a fully updated version or just the "original" needing manually DLed and installed updates as well as the included add-ons?

Also, will my "default.sav" file in the profiles folder that hopefully includes all my campaign, controller and car setup data still be usable?

Thanks much and looking forward to the real deal w/o the bugs! :cool:

bporion
24-08-2017, 20:39
Wow !

hardlock
24-08-2017, 21:40
Wow !

Wow what? My post too long? From your gear brag list, obviously you're a pro at this and I would think more than qualified to address my issues..... Unless you just want to add to your reply totals maybe?

BullWinkle
24-08-2017, 23:07
The Steam version you purchase will be patched/updated to the most recent version. We don't get to many on here admitting they have a pirated version of Project Cars, then asking for help.:rolleyes:
As for the default.sav file, your original may or may not work in the new purchased version, there has been too many patches/bug fixing to give you a 100% accurate answer on this.

hardlock
24-08-2017, 23:53
Thanks much BullWinkle! This helps a lot.

I did post previously here back when I didn't realize my purchase was fraudulent and reported the seller (looks like he's still selling it BTW).

Anyway, been waiting for a good deal to purchase so except for not knowing the file size(s), am ready to go!

BullWinkle
25-08-2017, 11:33
Thanks much BullWinkle! This helps a lot.

I did post previously here back when I didn't realize my purchase was fraudulent and reported the seller (looks like he's still selling it BTW).

Anyway, been waiting for a good deal to purchase so except for not knowing the file size(s), am ready to go!

I think your looking at about 20Gigs of downloading. approx. So depending on your internet/speed this may take awhile, and Steam will resume where it left off if you have any disruptions. Enjoy your legal/improved copy of Project Cars.:)

cluck
25-08-2017, 12:18
Wow !

Wow what?The 'wow' was probably in response to your admitting having played an illegal copy for 5 months. The folks here with gold-coloured names, they're the folks that funded and tested Project CARS so, a lot of them are rather sensitive to people playing hooky copies. Myself included.

Anyhoo, I see Bullwinkle has answered your question so all should be right with the world again.

Just thought you'd like to know why you got such a frosty reception :)

Mahjik
25-08-2017, 12:49
Just for completeness, the OP didn't purposely pirate pCARS. He thought he was purchasing from a legitimate site, but it was not. He didn't realize this until it was already purchased and the seller would not refund his/her money.

I'm going to close this thread since the OP has their answer and no more good will become of more discussion in this thread. ;)