PDA

View Full Version : graphics settings won't save

AL245
24-08-2017, 16:51
Hello Project Cars Forum,

i bought yesterday Project Cars for my PC an started it and set the graphic settings for my needs. Every Time after the restart oft he game the graphic settings are being restored to default settings. I canīt save my prefered graphics settings at all.
I reinstalled the game -> didnít helped.
I started the game as administrator -> didnít helped.
I set the hz rate from 143hz (i have a 144hz monitor) to 59hz didnít helped.
The graphicsconfigdx11.xml doesnít exsist in my documents Folder.

I hope you can help me with these problem.

Mahjik
24-08-2017, 17:04
Is your desktop running at 144hz?

In your Documents folder, you do have a Project CARS folder with other data in it, just not the graphics*.xml?

What Anti-Virus software are you using?

AL245
25-08-2017, 18:16
Hi,

(i can't post pictures so i described it)
yes my desktop is running at 144hz:

here is my Documents Folder:

C:\Users\username\Documents\Project CARS
folder content:
dbgSession (folder)
records (folder)
ugc (folder)

I use Bitdefender Internet Security 2018 as my Anti-Virus software.

I think it have something to do with the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x64) drivers, after the Creators update of Windows 10 my gamges crashed all the time, after that i set the PC back to the last update but now i get a message at some games (not at Project Cars) to reinstall the driver.

I can't reinstall this driver. If Project Cars uses this driver library i think that it has to do something with my problem. I try to reinstall windows at this weekend to see if my suspicion is correct.

Mahjik
25-08-2017, 20:13
Just as a check, try disabling Bitdefender and try to load PC (change the resolution and graphics settings) and exit. See if it creates the graphics*.xml file with Bitdefender disabled.

Mad Al
25-08-2017, 20:48
If the VC redistributable is not installed, there are the correct ones in

<Steam Install Folder>\SteamApps\common\pCARS\_CommonRedist

also that has the DirectX redistributable.. everything else needed should be in windows already

most games have anything like the redistributables in their respective Steam install folder, so any that are cauing issues you should be able to find the appropriate stuff and install manually from the individual game install folders

AL245
26-08-2017, 07:21
Just as a check, try disabling Bitdefender and try to load PC (change the resolution and graphics settings) and exit. See if it creates the graphics*.xml file with Bitdefender disabled.

Hi,

didn't helped the graphics*.xml was not created.

If the VC redistributable is not installed, there are the correct ones in

<Steam Install Folder>\SteamApps\common\pCARS\_CommonRedist

also that has the DirectX redistributable.. everything else needed should be in windows already

most games have anything like the redistributables in their respective Steam install folder, so any that are cauing issues you should be able to find the appropriate stuff and install manually from the individual game install folders

Hi,

yes in know this i allready checked every possible way to reinstall these drivers. In the _CommonRedist folder are just the versions for 2010 and 2012 not the one which I have problems with (Version 2015).

Mad Al
26-08-2017, 09:11
Hi,

didn't helped the graphics*.xml was not created.

Hi,

yes in know this i allready checked every possible way to reinstall these drivers. In the _CommonRedist folder are just the versions for 2010 and 2012 not the one which I have problems with (Version 2015).

Well that's what is used by Project CARS, it doesn't use VC 2015, it uses the 2010/12 versions... as far as the 2015 redistributable goes, if it is listed in Programs and features there is an option to do a repair on it (you may well find there look to be multiple versions of the same version installed), otherwise, as I said, just find the appropriate folder for the game in question...

And as far as bitdefender goes, make sure to add exceptions for the Steam install folder (as per above), the Steam userdata folder (<Steam Install Folder>\userdata\<SteamID>\234630 and Documents\Project CARS folders.. disabling bitdefender doesn't always seem to work. Otherwise it sounds like some sort of permissions issue.. which would be odd.

AL245
26-08-2017, 18:08
Well that's what is used by Project CARS, it doesn't use VC 2015, it uses the 2010/12 versions... as far as the 2015 redistributable goes, if it is listed in Programs and features there is an option to do a repair on it (you may well find there look to be multiple versions of the same version installed), otherwise, as I said, just find the appropriate folder for the game in question...

And as far as bitdefender goes, make sure to add exceptions for the Steam install folder (as per above), the Steam userdata folder (<Steam Install Folder>\userdata\<SteamID>\234630 and Documents\Project CARS folders.. disabling bitdefender doesn't always seem to work. Otherwise it sounds like some sort of permissions issue.. which would be odd.

Hi,

Windows reinstalled now it is working without any Porblems. At the first start of the Game four redistributable Versions were installed. I have now my proof that this Problem was caused by the damaged 2015 redistributable Version. I already tried to repair the 2015 redistributable in the previous Windows installation, back than the repair couldn't be done by Windows.

Mad Al
26-08-2017, 18:46
Hi,

Windows reinstalled now it is working without any Porblems. At the first start of the Game four redistributable Versions were installed. I have now my proof that this Problem was caused by the damaged 2015 redistributable Version. I already tried to repair the 2015 redistributable in the previous Windows installation, back than the repair couldn't be done by Windows.

Project CARS was not built using Visual C++ 2015.. so does not include the VC2015 redistributable... and does not use the 2015 version (I have a machine with only Project CARS on it and there is no 2015 redistributable installed)
The 4 versions installed are 32 and 64 bit versions of the 2010 redistributable and the 32 and 64 bit version of the 2012 redistributable..

It frankly sounds like your windows 10 install was screwed...