PDA

View Full Version : WMD2 Members - What is your favorite new feature?

Mahjik
25-08-2017, 14:05
I wanted to get the WMD2 members to talk a little more about what their favorite new feature of PC2 is for those patiently waiting for September 22nd. ;)

This is about "new features" which are not in PC1, not new tracks and/or cars.

OddTimer
25-08-2017, 14:27
I wanted to get the WMD2 members to talk a little more about what their favorite new feature of PC2 is for those patiently waiting for September 22nd. ;)

This is about "new features" which are not in PC1, not new tracks and/or cars.

What's yours? I assume you are playing the game already? good topic =]

Mahjik
25-08-2017, 14:35
Motorsport Presets/Favorites

I love, love, love this feature... Essentially, if you are a "Quick Race Weekend" person like me, you will love this as well. This makes setting up a Quick Race Weekend as easy as picking a discipline (say GT racing).... It will set the practice session time, qualifying, warm-up and race configurations based on a typical GT race discipline. Unless you want to tweak the weather, all you have to do is to pick the car you want to drive and go!

I've been switching between rallycross and endurance racing with basically 2-3 clicks and that's it!

Favorites are similar but it's your configuration rather than a SMS preset. You setup a Quick Race Weekend exactly as you want it, then you mark it as a "Favorite". When you want to run that same type of race weekend again, you just select the Favorite, pick your car and go! Between the Motorsport Presets and the Favorites, it makes using Quick Race Weekend so much easier!

Trippul G
25-08-2017, 14:58
Motorsport Presets/Favorites

Is there a set number of favorites that we're allowed to save, or can it be as many as we like?

Mahjik
25-08-2017, 16:24
Is there a set number of favorites that we're allowed to save, or can it be as many as we like?

Unfortunately, there is a limit currently. IIRC it's 4 favorites. There are about 8 Motorsport Presets so you'll have about 12 total presets available for Quick Race Weekends.

OddTimer
25-08-2017, 16:34
Does the presents take into consideration race length as well? so let's say a gt3 race would be 1h at least?

Trippul G
25-08-2017, 16:53
Unfortunately, there is a limit currently. IIRC it's 4 favorites. There are about 8 Motorsport Presets so you'll have about 12 total presets available for Quick Race Weekends.

Can these presets/favorites be used for online as well? For instance, if I wanted to use the "Le Mans" preset to quickly set up an online race? Or if I was in a lobby where I played a certain configuration of Rallycross that I particularly liked, could I save that as a favorite as well?

Azure Flare
25-08-2017, 16:56
I like being to drive in to the puts, into your stall, and then drive back out again manually.

ShneebnaMRR108
25-08-2017, 17:23
I like the way the user interface is laid out and how items are related well. The graphic look is also much improved, including the HUD. Race Eng and Set Up available from the pit is probably my most favorite feature. But I'm sure there is a lot to discover at release! Especially the drive feel.

Mahjik
25-08-2017, 19:18
Does the presents take into consideration race length as well? so let's say a gt3 race would be 1h at least?

Yes. That's the biggest benefit for me as when I switch between say Endurance racing which is in hours, to Rallycross which is typically 6 laps. The Motorsport Presets take care of that for you. ;)

Can these presets/favorites be used for online as well? For instance, if I wanted to use the "Le Mans" preset to quickly set up an online race? Or if I was in a lobby where I played a certain configuration of Rallycross that I particularly liked, could I save that as a favorite as well?

I'm not sure on the MP side. I've honestly only done one PC2 online race when we did a full grid multi-class LeMans test race (which was a complete blast!). I'll see if I can check on it.

Konan
25-08-2017, 21:54
The all new career mode...

@Azure: man...i didn't even know that was possible...:cool:

Mahjik
25-08-2017, 22:49
I'm not sure on the MP side. I've honestly only done one PC2 online race when we did a full grid multi-class LeMans test race (which was a complete blast!). I'll see if I can check on it.

Just confirmed, you can use the Motorsport Presets & Favorites for MP setup. ;)

Trippul G
25-08-2017, 23:59
Just confirmed, you can use the Motorsport Presets & Favorites for MP setup. ;)

:applause::triumphant:

Cheesenium
26-08-2017, 06:04
I guess for me is, the handling feels improved over the original. The change in grip felt a lot more progressive to change of temperature, the way you drive and wear. I rarely get that snappy feel that you get in older games while the weighty feel of the cars made it feel more believable. Some cars do drive better than pcars 1, probably due to physics improvements in quite a number of aspects.

The other part I like is the combination of the old licenses from pcars 1 and new ones in pcars 2. It felt like it is a more complete game while many classes are expanded with new interesting vehicles to the point it is really enjoyable to drive without the grid having only 2 different models.

EDIT, yes, i know it is a slow edit: After playing F1 2017, I absolutely love Pcars 2's Livetrack 3.0. It functions well, visually stunning and there are gameplay impact on the vehicle handling with drying lines and puddles. Then, the dynamic transition of dry to rain to dry again, that is something SMS done extremely well.

Angst1974
28-08-2017, 20:50
Snow ...

Winter is Here !

Rodgerzzz
28-08-2017, 21:28
I like being to drive in to the puts, into your stall, and then drive back out again manually.

I'm really excited for this feature too, all to often seen I've seen people charge into the pit lane at 150 mph only for the AI to take over and bring the car to a perfect stop at the pit stall. As tiny as it seems, it will bring so much more immersion to the on track experience.

Azure Flare
31-08-2017, 03:11
I'm really excited for this feature too, all to often seen I've seen people charge into the pit lane at 150 mph only for the AI to take over and bring the car to a perfect stop at the pit stall. As tiny as it seems, it will bring so much more immersion to the on track experience.

I remember the first time I played iRacing for the first time back in 2015. It felt so awesome to pull out of the garage, drive down the pitlane, and deactivate the speed limiter for the first time. It's completely normal to me now, and it feels strange when I'm not able to.

CassielLight
01-09-2017, 02:51
For those who've seen it, how are the formation and cool-down laps handled? There's a certain amount of ceremony/pageantry in motor sports--"Drivers, start your engines," track marshals doing their flag display at the end of an F1 race, and so on. (The "opera" section of Gran Turismo 4's opening movie touches on this, for reference.) So, how does that play out visually in PC2?

Oh, and BTW, @Konan: what ABOUT the Career mode is better? What are the best "Wow" moments that you've seen?

PeterGee
01-09-2017, 04:29
Is the replay feature better than PC1?

Konan
01-09-2017, 05:32
For those who've seen it, how are the formation and cool-down laps handled? There's a certain amount of ceremony/pageantry in motor sports--"Drivers, start your engines," track marshals doing their flag display at the end of an F1 race, and so on. (The "opera" section of Gran Turismo 4's opening movie touches on this, for reference.) So, how does that play out visually in PC2?

Oh, and BTW, @Konan: what ABOUT the Career mode is better? What are the best "Wow" moments that you've seen?

-I really like how the AI has become even more "human" than in Pcars1
-the fact that if when it rains there can be dry parts of track so that your strategy becomes more challenging.
-the layout of the tiers
-animated and manual pitstops
-factory drive contracts
-the spotter feature
-Indycar in career
-Rallycross
-flags
-AI DNF's
I'm sure i left a lot of things out but those i mentioned already make for a real challenging career which promises to be loads of fun...:cool:

STEELJOCKEY
01-09-2017, 11:15
Manual pits, driving in under my own control using pit speed limiter, navigating into my own pit box, watching the crews refuel and change tyres, and driving out under my own control.

Selecting which classes I want in my multiclass race, great for setting up an online league.

AI better than most humans I've driven against online.

Live track - watching the drying line, after the rain, seeing puddles forming and hanging around long after the rain has finished.

Simplified FFB menus.

Race Engineer

And best new feature..........Project CARS 2.......enough said

gregc
01-09-2017, 11:47
- Knockhill. It's long been my favourite track and I've never seen it properly represented in a sim. I have no idea if the extended begging post I put in the WMD track wishlist made any difference (and it doesn't really matter), but when I first saw it appear in the build notes I couldn't quite believe it. And (thankfully!) it's every bit as wonderful as I hoped.

- Rallycross. Just awesome fun, especially in VR. Racing sideways, semi-blind, through someone else's dust in a crazy little 4WD beast is just brilliant - and that's on a pad, btw :D

- Livetrack 3.0. This is the first time I've ever genuinely enjoyed racing in anything other than dry conditions in a sim - and it's because it feels right. The first time I saw the drying line evolve and spread lap after lap I was blown away by how natural it seemed.

I could go on for quite a while, but those are the biggest ones for me.

Sankyo
01-09-2017, 12:00
Is the replay feature better than PC1?
Miles better. IMO.

My favourites that I can think of right now:
- FFB better out-of-the-box.
- Livetrack3.0
- Photomode
- Improved tyre model
- Manual pits and cool-down laps

Trippul G
01-09-2017, 14:15
Speaking of manual pits, how does it work if I don't hit my marks when I come in? Does the crew adjust my car back into position where it needs to be? Is it possible to accidentally (or not) hit my pit crew? Can I pull into someone else's pit box if i'm not paying attention?

Mahjik
01-09-2017, 14:30
Speaking of manual pits, how does it work if I don't hit my marks when I come in? Does the crew adjust my car back into position where it needs to be? Is it possible to accidentally (or not) hit my pit crew? Can I pull into someone else's pit box if i'm not paying attention?

Pit crews are non-collidable objects.

You don't need to be exact as you get it close and it will auto-correct the pit position.

Grijo
01-09-2017, 14:38
Pit crews are non-collidable objects.

You don't need to be exact as you get it close and it will auto-correct the pit position.

So, none of this then? :p

Konan
01-09-2017, 15:05
Nope...long time no see mate :D

Cholton82
01-09-2017, 17:45
Can't wait for manual control , When you do the formation lap how does that work ? Do you drive from your pit box to the grid or is it for rolling starts only ? And where do you begin your formation lap if not from the pit box ?

Shi
01-09-2017, 17:59
Safety level and strength level for online players. This is genuis. Bye bye crash kids - hello fair racing in an open lobby! :wink-new:

Trippul G
01-09-2017, 18:09
Safety level and strength level for online players. This is genuis. Bye bye crash kids - hello fair racing in an open lobby! :wink-new:

This all sounds good in theory, but I'm hesitant to heap praise on it until i experience it first-hand. I really hope it lives up to everyone's expectations in practice, as it could fundamentally change how online racing is organized in the future.

Rodgerzzz
01-09-2017, 18:35
This all sounds good in theory, but I'm hesitant to heap praise on it until i experience it first-hand. I really hope it lives up to everyone's expectations in practice, as it could fundamentally change how online racing is organized in the future.

Completely agree, it's a fantastic feature on paper and we all hope it translates into reality but let's see how it pans out. Maybe we just need to get some new age open minded thinking on the go and accept this is the future and it's beautiful rather than believing the private locked away lobbies that have become a standard over the past few years or more are still the way forward.

Konan
01-09-2017, 19:40
I just hope you online racers bare with it because of course in the beginning everyone starts out in the same ranking (i imagine) so you are bound to come across some bangers...
Once those are sifted out i'm sure you'll have a hell of a time racing eachother in a civilised manor...:cool:

Trippul G
01-09-2017, 20:03
I just hope you online racers bare with it because of course in the beginning everyone starts out in the same ranking (i imagine) so you are bound to come across some bangers...
Once those are sifted out i'm sure you'll have a hell of a time racing eachother in a civilised manor...:cool:

How are they going to go racing inside of here?? :p

Roger Prynne
01-09-2017, 21:04
How are they going to go racing inside of here?? :p

In a civilized manor of course :barbershop_quartet_

Trippul G
01-09-2017, 21:16
lol...well played, sir. :applause:

Konan
01-09-2017, 21:20
Believe it or not but i actually changed it from "manner" to "manor" before i posted...:rolleyes:

FInroDz
02-09-2017, 11:22
What about flag system and AI mistakes and retirements. They are both added, but I'm really curious how they work.

Konan
02-09-2017, 11:29
What about flag system and AI mistakes and retirements. They are both added, but I'm really curious how the work.

From what i've seen that all looks very promising...those points are actually on my top list of expectations :cool:

cluck
02-09-2017, 13:20
I posted this a week or 2 back on the WMD2 forum because I really wanted to express how I felt, right after what happened:

I don't really know where else to post this but I just spent over 2 and a half hours "lost in the moment". I fired up pCARS2 to have a quick play in a GT3 car at Nürburgring GP. 10 laps, 30x time accel, a full field of GT3 cars under the stewardship of the AI, with myself in the McLaren 650S GT3. Now, aside from a couple of quirky AI moments, I enjoyed myself so much that I fired up another race. Porsche 911 GT3 R at Long Beach. 10 laps, full field of AI again. Lovely stuff. Onwards to Algarve in the Corvette C7.R and another 10 laps of pure bliss. OK, one last race. COTA in the BMW M6 GT3, again running 10 laps. OK, one more race then. 10 laps of Bathurst in the Ferrari 488 GT3. OK, this is too much fun, one more race and that's it. Lamborghini Huracan GT3 at Brno for another 10 laps (and on a side note, Brno is almost unrecognisable from the pCARS1 version, it looks absolutely stunning). Right, this last race really will be my last. Caterham 620 at Knockhill for 10 laps. Then another 10 laps because that was just a ridiculous amount of fun. Dammit, one more. BAC Mono at Oulton Park. What a perfect way to round out a lovely set of races.

Every single race left me with a huge smile on my face. The Ferrari at Bathurst was the standout for me though. The handling, combined with the audio, at one of my favourite circuits was close to driving nirvana.

I don't know what you guys did at SMS, with this latest build, but f*** me, I'm loving it a hell of a lot.

That was really my first time racing properly against the AI. It was also one of those builds where a few things had finally clicked together and made something pretty damn special. I don't care if people don't believe me, I don't care if people think I'm just acting as some kind of unofficial mouthpiece for SMS (I'll give you a clue, I'm not), all I know is, I can honestly say that I fired up the game for a few laps and ended up lost in the joy of racing for well over 2 hours.

"Why does this relate to this thread, Cluck", I hear you ask. Simple. My favourite new feature is the new smile that pCARS2 has given me when I play it.

Konan
02-09-2017, 13:25
I posted this a week or 2 back on the WMD2 forum because I really wanted to express how I felt, rather after what happened:

That was really my first time racing properly against the AI. It was also one of those builds where a few things had finally clicked together and made something pretty damn special. I don't care if people don't believe me, I don't care if people think I'm just acting as some kind of unofficial mouthpiece for SMS (I'll give you a clue, I'm not), all I know is, I can honestly say that I fired up the game for a few laps and ended up lost in the joy of racing for well over 2 hours.

"Why does this relate to this thread, Cluck", I hear you ask. Simple. My favourite new feature is the new smile that pCARS2 has given me when I play it.

It properly belongs here...i think this about answers any questions AI related :cool:

GenBrien
02-09-2017, 13:37
https://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/68552742/stop-teasing-me.jpg
https://cdn.meme.am/images/400x/14813793.jpg

amazed
02-09-2017, 15:08
Aye! All this talk has got all us console owners mega hyped for the 22nd.....

Trippul G
02-09-2017, 18:14
Speaking of consoles, I'm wondering if anyone here has played with a gamepad, and if so, how is the feedback?

Specifically, I'm curious about the feel under braking. I'm not sure how using a controller on a PC compares to using one on an Xbox, but I know that in my experience, feel under braking in PCARS1 with a gamepad was pretty nonexistent.

Say what you want about Forza, but that's one area that it's superior to PCARS1...you'll get feedback directly in the triggers so you know exactly what the wheels are doing and can modulate the brakes accordingly. In PCARS1, the brake feel is essentially dead...the only feedback you may get is indistinguishable from other generic bumps and rumbles from the track itself, and you just have to kind of guess how hard you can press before you lock up.

Really hoping this has been massively improved now in 2.

Roger Prynne
02-09-2017, 18:51
^ Have you not seen these videos?

Have a look from here onwards, there's a few more after this one.....

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?50655-Project-CARS-2-SMS-Approved-WMD-made-Videos&p=1342483&viewfull=1#post1342483

Trippul G
02-09-2017, 21:59
^ Have you not seen these videos?

Have a look from here onwards, there's a few more after this one.....

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?50655-Project-CARS-2-SMS-Approved-WMD-made-Videos&p=1342483&viewfull=1#post1342483

I saw that video of the Lotus being driven with a gamepad, yes, but that still doesn't really answer my question about how it feels under braking. Not to mention that he's using a controller configuration that wouldn't convey the specific feedback I'm referring to, which comes directly through the triggers.

Or was there another video I may have missed?

**edit**
This video is the best one I could find, around 3:25 he describes exactly what I'm referring to:

https://youtu.be/ee0qPqDQzw0

It worries me that that haptic feedback isn't there, and that I haven't heard a word about it from anyone else. This vid was published a couple of weeks ago, so I guess (maybe?) this could be something that they're still working on getting implemented, but again, like I said...lack of information has me a bit concerned.

Mad Al
03-09-2017, 23:49
I saw that video of the Lotus being driven with a gamepad, yes, but that still doesn't really answer my question about how it feels under braking. Not to mention that he's using a controller configuration that wouldn't convey the specific feedback I'm referring to, which comes directly through the triggers.

Or was there another video I may have missed?

**edit**
This video is the best one I could find, around 3:25 he describes exactly what I'm referring to:

https://youtu.be/ee0qPqDQzw0

It worries me that that haptic feedback isn't there, and that I haven't heard a word about it from anyone else. This vid was published a couple of weeks ago, so I guess (maybe?) this could be something that they're still working on getting implemented, but again, like I said...lack of information has me a bit concerned.

I believe it's already been stated the triggers give feedback on the Xbox One and they are looking to try and put it into PC as well (not sure if that's done yet as I use a 360 controller)

Trippul G
04-09-2017, 00:42
^Ok, cheers for that, I must've missed wherever that was stated. Hopefully you're right. It's such a nice and helpful feature to have.

Sankyo
12-09-2017, 11:46
Favourite small feature of pC2: the image in the mirror shifts when you move your head (I'm using TrackIR). So in those old open wheelers without a center mirror you can actually move your head left/right and see the mirror image shift so you not only see what's next to your car but you can also have a look at what's directly behind you. Small detail but it's really cool to see it working :)

John Hargreaves
12-09-2017, 12:09
In VR, being able to lean out of the cockpit of the Lotus 49 and see the wheel clipping the kerb exactly where you want it to.

GTsimms
12-09-2017, 12:25

Agree with Cluck, it is just those moments. When you realize the immersion and the overall experience Project CARS 2 delivers in VR.

comieodor
12-09-2017, 13:39
It's hard to point to just one feature when the game is so far advanced over the first outing in so many ways.. scratch that, in every way.

But to pick 1, its the new sound engine, one of the features that's been lost under the long list of other improvements.

Agree with Cluck, it is just those moments. When you realize the immersion and the overall experience Project CARS 2 delivers in VR.

That moment for me occurred when I received my Oculus Rift CV1 and fired up PC2 to test it. This was about 6 months ago and was the first time getting back into it in a little while (having previously played it when the new sounds were in a very early iteration, with the balance all over the shop). The change was dramatic. My go to scenario from PC1 has always been Prototypes around Le Mans at night with sped up time acceleration to bring me quickly into the daytime, usually in the Oreca 03. In PC1 this meant overtaking the slower sportscars whilst the LMP1's would overtake me. But this time round - proper multi-class meant I was sharing the track with the right mix of P1, P2 & GTE's.

My first indication that this was not the Project CARS I knew occurred whilst I sat in the garage working my way around the new (and at that stage of development still incomplete) car setup screen. As I busied myself with the fuel amounts, wing settings and gear ratios I heard a roar.

A roar that became a scream - a scream that became a series of cracks and pops as a small group of LMP's flew up the pit straight diving hard on the brakes into the Dunlop curve. I couldn't see them from behind the pit wall but as I sat there with my cars engine off listening to the positional audio of the Oculus Rift relay their fly-by with such precision, the visceral new sound palette caused me to stop everything, shut my eyes and just listen as the GTE's behind them growled up past me as well. I thought nothing could top the sound of that... until about 2 minutes later.

I fired my cars engine into life - familiar from PC1, but somehow throatier (and actually coming from behind me) and made my way around the track. Coming out of the first Mulsane chicane in the night I didn't see the lights of the car rapidly catching me and was caught very much off guard when a RWD LMP1 (you know, the angry turbocharged one) Screamed past my open cockpit backfiring as it flew past me lighting up the night.

Suddenly the Rift, the sim, and my bleeding ears all just clicked and I was lost in that world for a couple of hours, the rift practically welded to my face by the end of the session.

transfix
12-09-2017, 14:00
Do we really have to pick one HAHA.

Livetrack3.0 (amazing immersion)
New Lighting
FFB (2nd to none)
Controller play (I'm happy for those gamers who use controllers)
Dirt in the Helmet cam
Audio
Pit Crew
Replay Controls

Kingleo
12-09-2017, 15:19
My top 3 new features.
competitive racing license
IMO: Clubs and private lobbies are fun, but when you are on the track with the same people all the time they might as well be AI. I hope this wil help to race good full lobbies whenever I want without everything being scheduled.

4th Bonus feature: Live track 3.0 AND seasons.
I don't think seasons has been giving enough credit.

Thomas Sikora
12-09-2017, 16:06

MANY!
but my favorite is the multiple saving options for the setups, you can call it x,x+1,+2 +3 and save different setups per car and track. If you make something bad then you can easy step back

ermo
12-09-2017, 16:13
My favourite feature is the super powerful LISP-like Domain Specific Language for deep FFB configuration. It allows you to put together your own FFB signal chain in a very, very elegant way AND it comes configured with GUI configurable presets w/simple dials (to account for taste) that have been tested with a large range of wheels.

There's talk about some even more interesting things landing under the hood in terms of FFB in an upcoming patch, so we'll see.

In any case, most people should have a decent FFB experience out of the box and the dedicated tweakers will have a field day with the new DSL.

Oh and the perspective corrected, independent resolution render target triple-screen functionality isn't half bad either.

wabi
12-09-2017, 16:31
Rallycross ... absolutely :cool:

Tony Rickard
12-09-2017, 21:46
It's hard to point to just one feature when the game is so far advanced over the first outing in so many ways.. scratch that, in every way.There are some great new features for sure but for me it is taking the fundamental aspects of Project CARS like the physics, tyre models, AI, FFB, time and weather, dynamic tracks, race control, career, quick race, graphics, sound, VR support and more and making them all more advanced, more polished and work together really well.

RAVEracer
12-09-2017, 23:42
Livetrack
Cooldown/warmup laps
New tyre model
Manual pits

When I go back to pCARS1, not having these features changes the game so much and you genuinely miss them :D

Azure Flare
13-09-2017, 04:11
Rallycross ... absolutely :cool:

Thankfully, I have my E-brake on my rig now, so I'll be able to properly enjoy it.

KuKIE
13-09-2017, 04:35
I bet they didnt tell you guys that they had to take away our copies of the game to get us to put down our controllers and come talk to you ;)

Some are taking it better than others, im not kidding lol, there is a thread titled something like "What will you be doing between now and the 22nd" where some people were talking about booting up the game before the beta ends, leaving it open and unplugging the internet from that pc so that they could still play the game offline till then.

I had so much fun driving overpowered race cars in the snow that i didn't spend as much time testing the things i should have been. :eek:

Im not one for words when it comes to the the handling physics, but ive been ice racing since 2009 and when i get the car into one of those "oh shit" moments in game im able to let my reflexes sort out the car naturally, where some games leave me sawing hopelessly at the wheel and spinning out of control.

The best part is when you do stuff the car into a snowbank, you dont have to freeze your ass off digging your car out of the snow like the devs did so that they could bring you this experience, so be glad they left that feature out.

HLR Ghosty
13-09-2017, 06:03
I bet they didnt tell you guys that they had to take away our copies of the game to get us to put down our controllers and come talk to you ;)

i was so gutted when that notice appeared slap bang in the middle of my screen. lol

MartinMWWebb
13-09-2017, 15:32
Amongst what the others have posted i really like new new AI and penalty system.

I went back to PC1 last night after having severe PC2 withdrawal symptoms and was left feeling a bit sad, while PC1 is a great game PC2 is just SO much better.

I will just be sat here in my chair for the next 9 days rocking back and forth patiently

Konan
13-09-2017, 15:42

Roger Prynne
13-09-2017, 15:52
What a fantastic chair.

Konan
13-09-2017, 16:00
Would like one of those...anything skull related actually...:cool:

Benjamin Benichou
13-09-2017, 18:52
VR ! Project CARS 2 it's build for this ! It's Amazing, better than the First Project CARS. The GUI, the interface, the driving on VR it's truely gorgeous. On other new feature i very like the presets selection (Motorsport) AND the presets for the FFB

Roger Prynne
13-09-2017, 19:53
Apart from the obvious enhancements regarding everything to do with the driving side of things, the look and layout of the menus including all the new UI stuff has got to be one of my favorite features.

honespc
13-09-2017, 20:09
And I hereby rename this fu***** thread as..!!

"Hey folks how's da wait going LeLz"

-Starring WMD2 members

drathuu
14-09-2017, 00:14
The improved FFB, real track feel, expecially wet weather and the way the puddles pull on your wheel if you put half your car in thtem. The way you can drive 10 10ths' and make a slight error and it isnt always in the wall, you can save small errors if your super quick it gives a feel of driving right on the limit.

PostBox981
14-09-2017, 20:06
Tough question Mahjik has been putting here. There´s so many new features worth mentioning and I don´t want to miss even one of them. First thing that came to my mind was that combination of new tyre model and new driveline that make the cars feel so much more realistic and car handling more predictive. Then I thought about manual pit stops which I love so much, but that has been mentioned multiple times before now. Even the puddles that grab your wheel when you dive into them have been mentioned in the thread above. So I decided for:

Seasonal weather. Depending on the date and time you set your race as well as the place where your race track is spotted in the world, you will get adopted air and track temperatures, depending on the chosen weather on top. This going together with LiveTrack 3.0 gives you some constantly changing track conditions. Whereas in pCARS1 choosing 4 different weather slots divided your race into 4 quarters, you will now get some constantly changing track conditions, giving you different grip in every single lap.

The best simulation from my point of view is a simulation that lets you forget about playing a game as far as possible. The improved pCARS2 weather (/season) system is working seamlessly - you will soon forget about a well coded weather system as it just works like real life weather.

Javaniceday
14-09-2017, 22:27
Seasonal weather. Depending on the date and time you set your race as well as the place where your race track is spotted in the world, you will get adopted air and track temperatures, depending on the chosen weather on top. This going together with LiveTrack 3.0 gives you some constantly changing track conditions. Whereas in pCARS1 choosing 4 different weather slots divided your race into 4 quarters, you will now get some constantly changing track conditions, giving you different grip in every single lap.

Interesting to hear. I have a ton of questions about the funcitonality of the weather system is.

For weather slots, each slot lasts an hour by default. You can choose "sync to race" so all weather slots go through during the duration of the race.

Q - If you accelerate weather progression to, say, x4, each weather slot will last 15 minutes, yes?

Q - If you have 3 slots with "random" setting, will they be related? As in, will clear weather lead to light rain, and lead to heavy rain? Or will they truly be random - light fog to snow, to clear, to thunderstorm?

Q - Can you select a random number of weather slots? So the game chooses how many weather slots occur?

Q - Does weather persist between sessions? Or does the weather reset at the start of each session (as in pCARS1)

Q - Does each session get its own weather prediction?

Q - When choosing real weather, will the weather change - or will that be just one* weather slot? Will weather progression affect the "real weather" setting? Will it work the same both online and single player?

Bealdor
15-09-2017, 08:46
Interesting to hear. I have a ton of questions about the funcitonality of the weather system is.

For weather slots, each slot lasts an hour by default. You can choose "sync to race" so all weather slots go through during the duration of the race.

Q - If you accelerate weather progression to, say, x4, each weather slot will last 15 minutes, yes? Correct

Q - If you have 3 slots with "random" setting, will they be related? As in, will clear weather lead to light rain, and lead to heavy rain? Or will they truly be random - light fog to snow, to clear, to thunderstorm? Completely random

Q - Can you select a random number of weather slots? So the game chooses how many weather slots occur? No

Q - Does weather persist between sessions? Or does the weather reset at the start of each session (as in pCARS1) You can now set up the weather for every session independantly.

Q - Does each session get its own weather prediction? Yes, see answer above

Q - When choosing real weather, will the weather change - or will that be just one* weather slot? Will weather progression affect the "real weather" setting? Will it work the same both online and single player?
Don't know, sorry. Real weather was implemented very late in development so I couldn't test it really.

Answers in your quote.

satco1066
16-09-2017, 00:26
Some other not mentioned features that belong to my favorites also:

share setups in MP
multiple setups per car and track
mostly full access to game settings w/o leaving the session
FFB tuning whilst driving with assigned buttons
totally free placement of HUD elements
great GUI

Major Epidemic
16-09-2017, 10:28
I love the fact we can set the aggression level of the AI. Great for open wheel racing. Makes the other cars far more cautious.