PDA

View Full Version : Any Xbox love In here

malcster
30-08-2017, 10:12
Had the deluxe version on pre order since it was available and recently cancelled my forza 7 preorder as I still could not believe in 2017 it still won't have day to night racing ok it has 700 cars but I I put really used one or so I'm each of the forza classes

Anyway my query is I have to come across any Xbox screens or videos

Sure the gamescom trailer looked great but I was convinced it was Xbox footage

Anyone have any info on the Xbox one version

OddTimer
30-08-2017, 10:22
I don't think SMS has shown the Xbox version yet. Maybe the official Xbox Youtube channels have though? PC2 seems to be running a lot better than the first game on pc and ps4 which is good news for Xbox players. Having said that, I'd say it is safe to assume the Xbox version will be the one with more performance issues in comparison to PS and PC, until the X comes out in Nov that is. I got really disappointment with the overall performance of the first game on the Xbox, so I will get it for PC on release and later in the year for the X.

malcster
30-08-2017, 11:32
Thanks for that
Yes the first one was and still is buggy with screen tearing and dou.nd still cutting out

With the release of forza the following week I suspect yet again Microsoft will hold any patches back for a creative. Extra testing like on project cars 1 thus killing the game dead to boost what is looking to be a very lacklustre forza

r_outsider
30-08-2017, 14:33
I'm going to wait and see how the XB1 user reviews are. My current plan is to get an X this winter and I may hold off until that point if people can't get decent performance from the one, although I think it will likely turn out to be acceptable and I'll be playing before October on my XB1.

As for FM7, "Dear Turn 10. Thank you!!!! Sincerely, SMS."

mkstatto
30-08-2017, 16:30
I've pre-ordered an Xbox copy, like you im still a bit miffed less than a month to release there's no Xbox footage at all. I understand why WMD members haven't as theirs are pc versions, but it's poor form/marketing that the Xbox one version hasn't seen the light of day. Im just hoping it's not a Wii like drop, but I would think Microsoft wouldn't allow an Xbox X/S specific title.

malcster
30-08-2017, 19:15
Think it's worse this time at least with pc1 sony had some sort of deal with wmd and alot of the console.footage was emblazoned with PS4 logo but it shown it was at.least on par with playability.wise with the pc

Granted the Xbox launch for pc1 was completely botched I remember me and my friends having problems with the controller pulling in think to the right and required patching.

ykiki
30-08-2017, 19:32
Since I have $50 credit on the Xbox store, that's likely where I'll order. However, with the lack of any Xbox footage, I'm considering ordering the PS4 version instead.

OddTimer
30-08-2017, 20:22
Something to remember is that if you buy it now to play it on the Xbox one, SMS will release a patch for the Xbox one X later in the year....assuming you are planning to get an X.

mkstatto
30-08-2017, 21:06
Something to remember is that if you buy it now to play it on the Xbox one, SMS will release a patch for the Xbox one X later in the year....assuming you are planning to get an X.

Not got a spare 450 for graphics, sticking with the stock Xbox.

breyzipp
30-08-2017, 22:57
I'm going to wait and see how the XB1 user reviews are. My current plan is to get an X this winter and I may hold off until that point if people can't get decent performance from the one, although I think it will likely turn out to be acceptable and I'll be playing before October on my XB1.

As for FM7, "Dear Turn 10. Thank you!!!! Sincerely, SMS."

I will get the XBox One X as well, already pre-ordered the Project Scorpio Edition which will launch November 7th.

Between September 22th and then I will be playing it on my standard XBox One X, will post here how it runs and how initial impressions are.

malcster
30-08-2017, 23:33
I missed the first wave of one x Scorpio branded
I'll wait until the September announcement for non Scorpio branded one X's

r_outsider
31-08-2017, 00:28
I will get the XBox One X as well, already pre-ordered the Project Scorpio Edition which will launch November 7th.

Between September 22th and then I will be playing it on my standard XBox One X, will post here how it runs and how initial impressions are.

Thanks! I, and others I'm sure, shall be waiting eagerly.

Simontibbett
01-09-2017, 18:58
Right now I just have a regular ol' Xbox One but plan on getting the new one when they've been out for a little bit.

Trippul G
01-09-2017, 19:26
Question for all the Xbox guys who are planning on upgrading to the X1X...what convinced you to make the upgrade?

Personally I'm planning on waiting. I just don't feel that it's worth paying 500 dollars now for it. The only game that will be available at its launch and was designed for the platform...is Forza 7. Sure it looks nice, but it's just not for me anymore. I don't even want to spend 60 dollars to play Forza, forget about 500. Sure there will be patches for existing games to bring them up to 4k, but going from 2k to 4k is nothing like the leap of going from, say, SNES to a Playstation...or from PS2 to a PS3, for example. In those cases, it was unquestionable that there was an absolutely massive leap in visual quality from one platform to the other. I don't see evidence of a similar leap going from X1 to X1X.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to dump on the X1 or X1X...I own an X1 and for the most part am very pleased with it. I'm just curious what other people have seen, as maybe there's something I'm unaware of.

Itsdoomsday48
01-09-2017, 20:16
Question for all the Xbox guys who are planning on upgrading to the X1X...what convinced you to make the upgrade?

Personally I'm planning on waiting. I just don't feel that it's worth paying 500 dollars now for it. The only game that will be available at its launch and was designed for the platform...is Forza 7. Sure it looks nice, but it's just not for me anymore. I don't even want to spend 60 dollars to play Forza, forget about 500. Sure there will be patches for existing games to bring them up to 4k, but going from 2k to 4k is nothing like the leap of going from, say, SNES to a Playstation...or from PS2 to a PS3, for example. In those cases, it was unquestionable that there was an absolutely massive leap in visual quality from one platform to the other. I don't see evidence of a similar leap going from X1 to X1X.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to dump on the X1 or X1X...I own an X1 and for the most part am very pleased with it. I'm just curious what other people have seen, as maybe there's something I'm unaware of.

Lifetime Xbox owner here. I like the idea of the Xbox One X but it only caters to a small audience, those who own 4K equipment. I imagine there is a small portion that are buying it that are not running a 4K system and just wanted the updated performance. I currently do not have a 4K TV, so spending $500 on a new system that does nothing but improve the graphics and load time of games just doesn't make sense for me right now. I already dropped $500 on a Xbox One day one and now the same system can be bought for half that price, so I'm in no rush this time for an upgrade

Trippul G
01-09-2017, 21:30
Lifetime Xbox owner here. I like the idea of the Xbox One X but it only caters to a small audience, those who own 4K equipment. I imagine there is a small portion that are buying it that are not running a 4K system and just wanted the updated performance. I currently do not have a 4K TV, so spending $500 on a new system that does nothing but improve the graphics and load time of games just doesn't make sense for me right now. I already dropped $500 on a Xbox One day one and now the same system can be bought for half that price, so I'm in no rush this time for an upgrade

Seems like we're in a similar situation. I don't own a 4k (or even an HDR-capable) TV, so there's really not much incentive for me to go out and purchase an X1X for 500, then drop at least another 6 or 700 on a new TV. I'm sure the results would look better than what I currently have, but not $1000+ better. Faster load times are nice, and the potential for running at higher frame rates is nice too, but to me that still doesn't deliver that "wow" factor...that "OMG I HAVE to have it because my current setup looks like absolute trash by comparison". Probably a couple years down the road, I'll jump on board once the prices have dropped. I just don't have the desire (or the wallet) to be an early adopter for most things anymore.

r_outsider
02-09-2017, 03:43
Well, there's this article HERE (https://www.gamespot.com/articles/project-cars-2-on-xbox-one-x-will-look-significant/1100-6452387/), so PC2 will perform better on it (or should, at least). It is a far more powerful system, and there will be performance benefits even to those of us sticking with 1080 (use a 30" gaming monitor with no plans to change, myself). Plus, most games going forward will largely be optimized for the later hardware (this part doesn't affect me that much, I generally pick one or two racing games and stick with them). Mostly for me, my console is 2.5 years old or so and not getting any newer, and although I'd call it reliable it seems to have its "isms" now and then. By the time I'm planning to replace it with the Scorpio (I'm calling it that because these letters are getting confusing), some bundles should be starting to roll out at a bit of a discount from the current price. That's the plan, anyway.

DECATUR PLAYA
02-09-2017, 07:28
I had always planned on getting it for P Cars 2 because I figured P Cars would run better on it. With all the extra power I thought it would run closer to PC specs. I still want it for 4k and I have been pricing 4k tv's and you can get one pretty cheap depending on what you want. Holiday time they should be even cheaper. Now that SMS has said that P Cars will be optimized for it I definitely want 1. I believe it's only a matter of time before developers really learn how to take advantage of the new hardware and power.

I'm not breaking the bank for it I don't have to have it day 1. My hype meter went down somewhat when Microsoft backed off of VR somewhat. VR may have been the biggest selling point for me and when then backed off from it my expectations were dulled just a bit. I plan on getting it around holiday time.

If SMS announces major upgrades over the base Xbox 1 version of the game this could drive my hype meter back up in a big way. Waiting on that news now. P Cars 2 is the game I'm looking forward to most so if it's much better on Scorpio I got to have it.

malcster
02-09-2017, 17:23
If SMS announces major upgrades over the base Xbox 1 version of the game this could drive my hype meter back up in a big way. Waiting on that news now. P Cars 2 is the game I'm looking forward to most so if it's much better on Scorpio I got to have it.

Be nice if sms announced anything Xbox related to be honest

Re Xbox one x I steered clear of the project Scorpio launch hype and will be picking up one of the normal one x machine

Poulka
02-09-2017, 17:54
I am like some others in this thread. I have deluxe version pre ordered. But I am riding with original Xbox. For me like others noted the same thing I think, you need 4K tv HDR television which runs about 1000 depending on size. Those graphics are nice but not 500 dollars worth. I believe that SMS has made PC2 to run better on original Xbox unlike first PC Cars. I would like to have new Xbox one day, but it will be a while. Unlike some others I can live with a few imperfections in graphics. All games today are better that SNES. So I am good just ready for the 22th which also happens to be my bday. Birthday present running gtr cars at Indy in snow.lol

breyzipp
05-09-2017, 08:20
I'm wondering, are all XBox game saves stored in the Microsoft Cloud? Or locally on the console?

When I get the X1X in November, will I be able to install games from scratch and have them synced via my Microsoft account?

I will start playing Project CARS 2 September 22nd on my XBox One but want my career progression to continue on a fresh install on my X1X.

Trippul G
05-09-2017, 14:04
Yup, all saves are on the cloud. As long as you're signed in using the same gamertag, it doesn't matter which physical system you're on, it'll sync with the cloud as you start up the game. At least that's how it works between current X1 consoles...I don't see why it would be any different going between an X1 and an X1X.

OddTimer
05-09-2017, 14:24
Yup, all saves are on the cloud. As long as you're signed in using the same gamertag, it doesn't matter which physical system you're on, it'll sync with the cloud as you start up the game. At least that's how it works between current X1 consoles...I don't see why it would be any different going between an X1 and an X1X.

yep, that should be it! Also, if you have the game installed on an external hard disk, just plug it to the X and that is you sorted, no need to re-download it. MS has said patches for games that support the X will be released before the X releases, so gamers can prepare for the console launch in advance. Not sure they were referring to MS games or all games, I guess it depends on developers.

malcster
05-09-2017, 19:13
Slightly off topic anyone when the next round of pre-orders for the one will be

OddTimer
05-09-2017, 19:19
Slightly off topic anyone when the next round of pre-orders for the one will be

it hasn't been announced yet...I missed the first one as well....

STEELJOCKEY
06-09-2017, 08:00
I got my LE Scorpio order in YAY!!!

Just Another Frog
07-09-2017, 19:52
I'm definately feeling the love and will purchase the DX edition as soon as i've seen it up and running and am 100% sure it's not going to be the Project Cars 1 scenario all over again. Although i'm pretty sure SMS won't make the same mistake twice there's always that nagging doubt, so for that reason i'm more than happy to wait and see how things shape up before handing out my hard earned cash. A one week wait for FMS7 is infinitely more appealing than a potentially broken game and yet another round of respectless mud slinging within these forums.

That said, I am strangely optimistic that PCars 2 will deliver the goods (on all formats) and people will live happily ever after this time around.

malcster
10-09-2017, 06:35
So still no elusive Xbox screens or videos

breyzipp
10-09-2017, 06:51
I saw yesterday my PCARS 2 digital order has been pre-loaded on my XBox, was +/- 35 GB.

We are getting close now!!!!

CLARET RACER
10-09-2017, 07:18
Hey, just signed up to the forum. I have an Xbox one and I love project cars and can't wait for project cars 2. I was always a fan of forza until project cars came along.

The reason I replied to your post is than when project cars 2 hits my doormat I'm thinking of starting a GT 3 racing championship via live. Gonna take a bit of planning but looks simple enough to set up from the game. I use a game pad to race via the in car view, with variable weather etc, etc, so that's what the settings would be locked to in the championship I create. Fancy taking part when I have it set up?

malcster
10-09-2017, 10:00
I would like to join your gt3 series
I love day and night racing but not a massive fan of the rain in project cars 1

I'm hoping the handling model in pc2 is better as in the first one it felt like I had shopping trolley wheels on and slid off no matter what speed I took a corner at all

Just finished a online series on forza 6 we started of doing 3 short races per track for season one

Then season 2 comprised of a short 4 lap race the a endurance race on each track with full damage and mandatory pit stops

Gamertag "optical 1" (yes there is a space between)

transfix
12-09-2017, 01:58
Looking forward to racing with the Xbox clan!

Trippul G
12-09-2017, 06:07
I saw yesterday my PCARS 2 digital order has been pre-loaded on my XBox, was +/- 35 GB.

We are getting close now!!!!

Really? I've been checking the last couple of days, and mine still shows the game with a size of around 100MB or so, and the two car packs at around 10 each. I suppose it doesn't really matter, as long as it's fully loaded up before midnight on the 22nd.

nissan4ever
12-09-2017, 09:29
I got nothing but love for Xbox. I'll be enjoying this game on my Xbox One S till I get my Xbox One X at its lauch.

XFR Spike
12-09-2017, 10:13
XBOX love here too :) We're a small group of mature racers who have just cancelled our F7 pre-orders to return to pCARS this year.
Think we're like dominos, we've decided we're going to wait on the XOX but soon as one falls... we'll all tumble I'm sure :cool:

We're hosting pCARS2 TTs, weekly races and a more formal annual championship tournament, if you want to take a peek xfruk.com (http://xfruk.com)

BigFred
14-09-2017, 13:56
Bought PCars 1 on XB1. Loved this game for time trialling and pumped a lot of hours into it - certainly enough for me to consider buying PCars 2 day 1.

But Pcars 1 had some fairly major issues on XB1. The one I hate the most is that it has a habit of screen locking while the race continues on underneath. Which is not so great when you are fighting hard at the end of a really good race and end up in the barrier. I have had quite a few brilliant Formula C races end in this miserable way.

I also think that given the relative sales of PS4 and XB1, I know where I would put my effort if I was a developer. So in short, I won't be buying the XB1 version until I see the reviews/community reaction. If the reaction is good, then it will be a close to day 1 purchase :)

Madkart
14-09-2017, 16:31
Hey, just signed up to the forum. I have an Xbox one and I love project cars and can't wait for project cars 2. I was always a fan of forza until project cars came along.

The reason I replied to your post is than when project cars 2 hits my doormat I'm thinking of starting a GT 3 racing championship via live. Gonna take a bit of planning but looks simple enough to set up from the game. I use a game pad to race via the in car view, with variable weather etc, etc, so that's what the settings would be locked to in the championship I create. Fancy taking part when I have it set up?

After today's PWC partnership announcement, sign me up!

fuschs
15-09-2017, 00:01
Additionally you can check out apexonlineracing.com we are official GT3 leagues :p
Think it's better to join an existing community as it can be hard to find comitted racers to carry out multiple seasons but we don't have that problem ;)

Season 8 will start mid-late October after a testing phase consisting in multiple races to test the game extensively. If you're interested ask to join the Apex Online Racing xbox club and look out for LFG posts. :)

STaLLiOnO
16-09-2017, 18:41
Hey guys, i'm creating a Series for pCars 2. Here's the link... http://gt3divisionseries.proboards.com/

Stonecutter
16-09-2017, 20:51
I'll be getting PC2 for XB1 in the hopes the pad support is as good as they've shown on PC.

If anyone wants to add me, my Gamertag is RokkitShipp. I'm not very fast, but I do try to race clean.

huntRACING
17-09-2017, 21:53
Hi all. My experience of project cars was when it came free with Xbox live. I really enjoy it and have preordered PC2. I'm going to take it easy for a while; play solo and career. I have a new setup to get used to as well. The YouTube clips I've seen look incredible, particularly with VR, which I don't have. I don't have a gaming PC so all my racing is on Xbox. I have about 3 years experience on Forza. I was massively disappointed with Horizon 3 and although I have also preordered FM7 I'm a little concerned it will be a refresh of 6. Don't get me wrong I love Forza, particularly the customisation. But playing project cars and assetto corsa have shown me that they are very much two different things. Hope to see you on the track in the not too distant future

Flanimal
17-09-2017, 22:13
XBOX love here too :) We're a small group of mature racers who have just cancelled our F7 pre-orders to return to pCARS this year.
Think we're like dominos, we've decided we're going to wait on the XOX but soon as one falls... we'll all tumble I'm sure :cool:

We're hosting pCARS2 TTs, weekly races and a more formal annual championship tournament, if you want to take a peek xfruk.com (http://xfruk.com)

Hi, is this the same "friendly community" that kicked members for daring to race with other members on nights when there were no official races and we had not asked the administration if we could have casual races on a game that we had spent 40+ of our own money on?
Just curious. Thanks.

Konan
18-09-2017, 08:41
Hi, is this the same "friendly community" that kicked members for daring to race with other members on nights when there were no official races and we had not asked the administration if we could have casual races on a game that we had spent 40+ of our own money on?
Just curious. Thanks.

If you guys have issues take it to PM please...

XFR Spike
18-09-2017, 08:43
Nope it is most definitely not the same community Mr Curious.
We don't have race nights as such, we just host races & they can happen on any day.
We also run a TT leaderboard competition with a prize for each 8 race winner :o
On top there's parallel community help for guys who prefer the SMS Community Events, we even replicate the countdowns for them in our forums :)
Finally, for a number of more serious racers, starting soon we have a 12 month long 6x Championship Tournament beginning.
What guys do in their spare time is completely up to them :encouragement: me, I collect moths :rolleyes:

Just Another Frog
18-09-2017, 08:51
MSPoweruser have just reviewed it and all seems good.
They gave it 8/10, citing solid framerates (60fps) and improved visuals with their only real negative being controller/handling related. I do think this is more to do with the fact pcars2 is a simulator (and not because handling is broken like day 1 pcars was) because they mentioned FMS in their comparisons...
The review is pretty much what i wanted to hear so it's now preordered. Wow, 43.5gb...