PDA

View Full Version : DLC's? More Ovals Please Sir!

Dynomight Motorsports
02-09-2017, 15:22
Is there a chance where we can buy and add more Ovals to the game, so we can have a proper IndyCar season? With PCars2 landing the Official licensing of IndyCar I'd love to see Gateway, Phoenix and Iowa.
Another possibility would be to add Motegi with Oval configuration which would add something for all disciplines.
By the way just want to give Props to the Devs, this game looks Awesome, and I truly appreciate the effort put into it so far.

DECATUR PLAYA
02-09-2017, 16:58
Is there a chance where we can buy and add more Ovals to the game, so we can have a proper IndyCar season? With PCars2 landing the Official licensing of IndyCar I'd love to see Gateway, Phoenix and Iowa.
Another possibility would be to add Motegi with Oval configuration which would add something for all disciplines.
By the way just want to give Props to the Devs, this game looks Awesome, and I truly appreciate the effort put into it so far.

My wishlist would include Bristol, Atlanta, and Michigan or Fontana. Talladega would be awesome.

Roger Prynne
02-09-2017, 18:54

Nope, sorry.

MillsLayne
03-09-2017, 01:53
I like the variation of ovals we're already getting, but Bristol and Darlington would be cool. Maybe even Michigan or Pocono.

breyzipp
03-09-2017, 06:57
First Interlagos and Paul Ricard, then I'm fine with one extra oval! ;)

(edit - but only as long as it has some fun inlay road courses like Daytona sportscar circuit)

Rodgerzzz
03-09-2017, 12:13
Phoenix would be good fun with that Dog leg section all the NASCAR drivers like to cut to the absolute maximum. Also Bristol would be a great experience, you can imagine doing all sorts of race cars around that track and it being fun.

RacingAtHome
03-09-2017, 14:27
Rockingham in the UK would be a good addition.

Trippul G
03-09-2017, 15:23
Ovals, triangles, squares, dodecahedrons...doesn't matter to me...any kind of track SMS feel like adding, I'm down with that. The more choices we have, the better.

hkraft300
03-09-2017, 16:05
Merged and buried deep in the track request thread and forgotten in 3...2...1...

:p

rosko
03-09-2017, 19:28
We probably get only 4 new tracks with dlc so i really hope one of them isn't wasted on an oval. :p

Blake-Lee43
03-09-2017, 20:37
How many ovals do we need? I'd rather not spend all my time turning left.

RacingAtHome
03-09-2017, 21:31

More than we have now. There are many different types and many have enjoyable infields. E.g. Rockingham

Trippul G
03-09-2017, 21:41
I wouldn't mind seeing Twin Ring Motegi added. Last I drove it was in Forza 3...or was it 4? As I remember, it was a pretty fast little oval, and there was a pretty fun and challenging infield course that went with it, with a few different configurations. As long as we can get ovals along with an infield, I can't see why anyone would complain.

MillsLayne
03-09-2017, 22:46

A lot more to it than that, especially with tracks that have different types of turns, like a Darlington or a Pocono. And then tracks like Bristol are just hectic fun. Plenty of skill still needed to be good, too.

Blake-Lee43
04-09-2017, 00:30
A lot more to it than that, especially with tracks that have different types of turns, like a Darlington or a Pocono. And then tracks like Bristol are just hectic fun. Plenty of skill still needed to be good, too.

RacingAtHome
04-09-2017, 01:59

If you don't like them, don't drive them. But don't deny people who enjoy oval racing from this.

Also, Alex Lloyd has an article for you. http://jalopnik.com/5944075/if-you-think-driving-on-an-oval-is-easy-youre-an-idiot

Joethe147
04-09-2017, 05:48
Would love more ovals.

Onlt 4 tracks as DLC Damn.

hkraft300
04-09-2017, 06:19
Onlt 4 tracks as DLC Damn.

Track locations, I can safely bet.
So each location has a few variations, depending on the track. One box them could just be a fictional like Bannochbrae.
But each dlc pack, with the 1 track/location, will have ~8 cars.

If you don't like them, don't drive them.

We're Aussie. We'll poke fun at every opportunity ;)

That said, dirt oval racing is huge here. Sprint cars and what not. So we do get plenty of left turns in our motorsport.

Say, how's about a dirt oval to run the classic/ modern Indy and RX cars on?

Fanapryde
04-09-2017, 06:34
More than we have now. There are many different types and many have enjoyable infields. E.g. Rockingham
As long as they have infields included, like Rockingham, I'm OK with additional ovals.
Pure ovals...nah...not my thing, will probably never use them.

I hope SMS will use their resources for real race tracks...:p

Cheesenium
04-09-2017, 06:36
I dont mind ovals as long as the track has some sort of infield course like Daytona or Indianapolis.

Blake-Lee43
04-09-2017, 07:44
Track locations, I can safely bet.
So each location has a few variations, depending on the track. One box them could just be a fictional like Bannochbrae.
But each dlc pack, with the 1 track/location, will have ~8 cars.

We're Aussie. We'll poke fun at every opportunity ;)

That said, dirt oval racing is huge here. Sprint cars and what not. So we do get plenty of left turns in our motorsport.

Say, how's about a dirt oval to run the classic/ modern Indy and RX cars on?

It's basically un-Australian to not poke fun.
But I just can't see why we need that many ovals, unless they have a road course too.
Although some sprint cars and tracks would be cool haha.

hkraft300
04-09-2017, 08:19
Oval infield tracks aren't spectacular. I'd do away with it altogether.
Well. Daytona for the 24hr/ imsa action I guess.

Blake-Lee43
04-09-2017, 08:25

Yeah I know, but at least it's better than just an oval

Fanapryde
04-09-2017, 09:36
I did not want to put it that harsh, but yes, I agree...

Roger Prynne
04-09-2017, 10:57
I want a square :barbershop_quartet_

Konan
04-09-2017, 12:00
Aaaah...the nostalgia...FINALLY another oval discussion...:rolleyes:

Rodgerzzz
04-09-2017, 12:03
Aaaah...the nostalgia...FINALLY another oval discussion...:rolleyes:

You could say it feels like we're going around in circles ;)

RacingAtHome
04-09-2017, 12:04

Then Rockingham's your place. :cool:

Sankyo
04-09-2017, 12:04
You could say it feels like we're going around in ovals ;)
FTFY :p

hkraft300
04-09-2017, 12:34

You're such a rebel.

Kelderek
04-09-2017, 13:17

Just run the oval in the opposite direction... Turning right is a real thrill, everyone should try it! At least once... :encouragement:

I prefer trapezoids.

(A trapezoid is a convex quadrilateral with at least one pair of parallel sides... just to make things complicated!)

hkraft300
04-09-2017, 13:52
Just run the oval in the opposite direction...

Oh, the horror! :hopelessness:

Grijo
04-09-2017, 18:49
Just run the oval in the opposite direction... Turning right is a real thrill...

HERESY!!!

rosko
04-09-2017, 19:35
Really though what is a variation of an oval i mean you really need a slightly less/more oval oval than the other ovals? You would rather drive around a slight deviation of what we have than have a new track that requires you to learn it & has character requires skill etc? Is this for the joypad users by any chance?

Konan
04-09-2017, 19:42
Let's wait until release to descide how challenging ovals really are shall we...:cool:
I think a lot of nay-sayers will be in for a pleasant surprise...

Kelderek
04-09-2017, 20:05
Let's wait until release to descide how challenging ovals really are shall we...:cool:

That Agajanian Watson Roadster is a challenge to drive around any oval... 300+ km/h in a tiny bathtub is scary on any kind of track!

Rodgerzzz
04-09-2017, 20:30
That Agajanian Watson Roadster is a challenge to drive around any oval... 300+ km/h in a tiny bathtub is scary on any kind of track!

I guess that's what these guys were practicing for:

rosko
04-09-2017, 21:22

I was actually originally open minded but then i tried rfactor2 & that has a ton of ovals & my experience on those has definitely consolidated my feelings that they are boring as hell to race on, even worse for hot lapping.

Blake-Lee43
04-09-2017, 23:41

I know there's more to it then going fast and turning slightly to the left, but it's always a little fun to cause a stir with oval fans ��

Konan
05-09-2017, 05:27
As you know i'm not allergic to a joke now and then...just don't forget to use smileys because a lot of oval threads got closed in the past for getting out of hand...:cool:

Blake-Lee43
05-09-2017, 06:12
As you know i'm not allergic to a joke now and then...just don't forget to use smileys because a lot of oval threads got closed in the past for getting out of hand...:cool:

So I shouldn't post this if some one takes it too seriously? ;)

Sankyo
05-09-2017, 09:14
I was actually originally open minded but then i tried rfactor2 & that has a ton of ovals & my experience on those has definitely consolidated my feelings that they are boring as hell to race on, even worse for hot lapping.
Hotlapping on ovals, yep that's boring for sure. But racing in a full pack on an oval? It's different than track racing for sure, but I wouldn't call it boring. One lapse of concentration and you're in a wall, and the strategy of when/where to overtake as drafting advantage goes back and forth all the time makes it even more challenging IMO. Watching it I still find boring, but racing definitely not.

And since each oval is different w.r.t. banking, space, corner radii etc. and also the environment, the more ovals the better IMO :)

seb02
05-09-2017, 09:51
i would like to see an oval short track : Bristol is my favorite.

hkraft300
05-09-2017, 09:58
i would like to see an oval short track : Bristol is my favorite.

Ehra Lessien ;)

SlowBloke
05-09-2017, 11:16
w.r.t. banking, space, corner radii etc. and also the environment, the more ovals the better IMO :)

Except when that takes away potential must have tracks we are missing currently (Ie Zandvoort, Sebring, Macau) or those in bad need of laser scanning imo :)

Fanapryde
05-09-2017, 11:17
I was actually originally open minded but then i tried rfactor2 & that has a ton of ovals & my experience on those has definitely consolidated my feelings that they are boring as hell to race on, even worse for hot lapping.Agree.
I really started to dislike ovals after having to deal with them in GT5 career (or 6 ? Or both ?). Gave them a try again in rF2 and got te same feeling... not for me...
I removed all ovals from my rF2 copy, except the ones with an infield course. Then again, I barely race these, except Rockingam....
Not saying oval racing is easy or boring or whatever, just don't like it.

Konan
05-09-2017, 11:19
So now there's a discussion to NOT have ovals in the game?
What a funny world we live in...:rolleyes:

gregc
05-09-2017, 11:34
So now there's a discussion to NOT have ovals in the game?
What a funny world we live in...:rolleyes:

In all fairness the OP was requesting more ovals as DLC - and I'm reading these comments as just disagreeing with that, because those people don't like ovals. Which I agree with - in terms of DLC I am personally hoping we don't see any more ovals, as each one of those takes away another "normal" track.

Fanapryde
05-09-2017, 11:35
I'd be happy to trade all in game ovals in to one of these Indy car (street) circuits:
Baltimore
Barber
Detroit
Edmonton
Houston
Mid Ohio (please)
Twin Ring Motegi
Nola
St-Petersburg
Sao Paulo
Surfers Paradise
Toronto

Konan
05-09-2017, 11:39
In all fairness the OP was requesting more ovals as DLC - and I'm reading these comments as just disagreeing with that, because those people don't like ovals. Which I agree with - in terms of DLC I am personally hoping we don't see any more ovals, as each one of those takes away another "normal" track.

My view on this is:let's give the oval fans what they missed out on last time...i'm sure the rest will be happy with what's coming anyway...

Rodgerzzz
05-09-2017, 11:40
Would the anti oval brigade prefer long straight drag strips? :p

Something that always baffles me when it comes to most ovals is why the first turn seems to be divided up into Turn one and two and likewise for the last turn into Turn three and four... It's almost as if they're trying to hide the fact the track only has two bends.

Grijo
05-09-2017, 14:29
I respect others opinions (and of course that I have to) because, if everyone had the same taste and opinion, the world would be a boring place to live. Personally I love to race anything in wheels in every terrain, I donīt care, I just want to race! Of course, I have my preferences.

For oval racing, the car that I will race first is the stockcar. I love NASCAR. Iīm satisfied with what Pcars 2 is bringing to us. But letīs face it: nothing is more challenging than race in Bristol, at night, with 40 more crazy heads in the track. If this was a possible combo, certainly would be my first one. If Talladega was a available track in Pcars 2, would be my second race. Talladega is challenging in another way: if you miss the herd, youīre done. Always with the foot down, surrounded by cars, you almost can smell the "big one" coming...and of course, to race in Talladega, you have to...

honespc
05-09-2017, 15:29
Oval not my coup of tee too. How many ovals do we already have in pc2?, Texas and Indy?

RacingAtHome
05-09-2017, 15:49
Oval not my coup of tee too. How many ovals do we already have in pc2?, Texas and Indy?

Texas, Indy, Daytona, Monza Classic.

cluck
05-09-2017, 16:02
Texas, Indy, Daytona, Monza Classic.and Knockhill :D

DECATUR PLAYA
05-09-2017, 16:03
Texas, Indy, Daytona, Monza Classic.

Every vid of Monza Classic that I saw had a chicane or 2 in it. Is that the oval layout or is there a complete oval layout for Monza Classic.

hkraft300
05-09-2017, 16:14
Can't claim classic Monza as an oval with all that right-turning tomfoolery!

Mahjik
05-09-2017, 16:16

To be fair, no one (but SMS) knows what may be coming for DLC after the release. Only time will tell. However, let's first get the release out the door! ;)

Kelderek
05-09-2017, 20:20
Every vid of Monza Classic that I saw had a chicane or 2 in it. Is that the oval layout or is there a complete oval layout for Monza Classic.

It's the combined layout of Monza Classic that has the oval part "interrupted" by a chicane. The "oval only" configuration has no chicane.

But, as already pointed out, it's not a real oval, since it has right hand turns...

breyzipp
05-09-2017, 21:01
Enough is enough!

Roger Prynne
05-09-2017, 21:59

GTsimms
05-09-2017, 23:19
Pretty much sums it up in the first minute

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-e6QeKvcKs

hkraft300
06-09-2017, 00:28

:glee:

DECATUR PLAYA
06-09-2017, 05:25

That's messed up Roger. From a NASCAR track at that ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. You oval haters.

DECATUR PLAYA
06-09-2017, 05:32
It's the combined layout of Monza Classic that has the oval part "interrupted" by a chicane. The "oval only" configuration has no chicane.

But, as already pointed out, it's not a real oval, since it has right hand turns...

^Gotcha.

Should be fun making it turn right. Should be a interesting tune.

Kelderek
06-09-2017, 08:48
^Gotcha.

Should be fun making it turn right. Should be a interesting tune.

The Monza oval is quite interesting (to put it mildly :) ) to drive: it's narrow, very steep banking and the surface is VERY uneven...

Inspired by the discussion here, I had a go with the LaFerrari at the Monza Classic Oval... approaching the (right hand :cool: ) turn at 340 km/h with the car jumping around on the uneven surface is SCARY! :eek:

Roger Prynne
06-09-2017, 09:26
That's messed up Roger. From a NASCAR track at that ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. You oval haters.

I don't hate ovals by the way, I just like messing with you guys :devilish:

Grijo
06-09-2017, 12:45

I canīt, I love it! :p

honespc
06-09-2017, 13:01
Count me in for the Anti-oval Brigade.

Just Bring Sebring and Road Atlanta, please Mr. Bell..., I have seen one guy some months ago appearing from the nothing to ask "please could we have Interlagos" in some other forum, and you were so fast in replying an immediate positive to it that you left me amazed. And why is that?, because so many others before had asked you to do same thing with Sebring, and such haste was not precisely displayed in that case.

Do you really dislike Sebring that much Ian, to the point of preferring even interlagos (a way less resquested track) over it?. Even I that have always liked F1 so much find a lot of trouble in understading the decision, unless it's a case of personal preferences and deep disliking of something, of course. Personal preferences that may very well put aside when the number of requests for the track begin to reach a paramount status.

:)

Doesn't Sebring by the way have an oval too, or Road Atlanta?

RacingAtHome
06-09-2017, 13:09

Just Bring Sebring and Road Atlanta, please Mr. Bell..., I have seen one guy some months ago appearing from the nothing to ask "please could we have Interlagos" in some other forum, and you were so fast in replying an immediate positive to it that you left me amazed. And why is that?, because so many others before had asked you to do same thing with Sebring, and such haste was not precisely displayed in that case.

Do you really dislike Sebring that much Ian, to the point of preferring even interlagos (a way less resquested track) over it?. Even I that have always liked F1 so much find a lot of trouble in understading the decision, unless it's a case of personal preferences and deep disliking of something, of course. Personal preferences that may very well put aside when the number of requests for the track begin to reach a paramount status.

It was GTPlanet and was pretty amazing. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/project-cars-2-general-discussion-thread-coming-september-22nd-2017.342814/page-37#post-11706224

Blake-Lee43
06-09-2017, 22:46

That would entirely depend on licensing and I'm pretty sure forza has licensing for that track doesn't it?

rosko
06-09-2017, 23:22
I don't think RA is? Sebring maybe.

RacingAtHome
06-09-2017, 23:44
I don't think RA is? Sebring maybe.

Both Road Atlanta and Sebring are in Forza. But so does iRacing so I see no exclusivity issues.

rosko
06-09-2017, 23:54
I guess thats why they are so requested if they are in Forza. I really like both of those tracks but i think there are better tracks out there, just less well known.

hkraft300
07-09-2017, 00:01
I reckon interlagos was already in the works.

Just because Bell doesn't personally like Sebring I don't see him denying us the track.
PC3/ PC2 DLC could well be a possibility.

dodge33cymru
07-09-2017, 05:34
a) in a poll that was run a loooooong time ago, Interlagos came out very highly, above Sebring and Road Atlanta.

b) Road Atlanta and Sebring are owned and licenced by the same people, so suggesting RA will likely be more affordable than Sebring is questionable.

c) I say all this as someone for whom Road Atlanta would be top of my list of requested tracks.

d) Sebring has no oval. Road Atlanta has a short track on the other side of the road from the main venue, but it's completely separate and I don't believe part of the same facility. It's not for 'big time' racing anyway, just a club venue.

e) I would guess, but obviously don't know, that the four DLC circuits have been chosen and are in various stages of production anyway, so much as we might request them it's unlikely to make a difference for PC2. IMO.

f) I'd be up for one of the DLC tracks being an oval, if it was one with an infield road course section. One like Homestead or Kansas could fulfill this criteria.

Bealdor
07-09-2017, 07:23
Both Road Atlanta and Sebring are in Forza. But so does iRacing so I see no exclusivity issues.

iRacing is a PC only title. So it's possible that Forza has a console exclusive license.