PDA

View Full Version : New build...what can I expect?

ashasha
04-09-2017, 19:15
Was playing on XBox one. It was fun. It wasn't amazing.

So I just dropped some money on a new system and decided that it would be smart to ask after the fact how this is going to turn out. Nothing like being the opposite of proactive. I actually did do a lot of research and think that I did pretty well.

Anyway here are the details:

Ryzen 5 1600
MSI Tomahawk 350
16GB PC3200 DDR
512GB Samsung 960 Evo nvme
EVGA 1080Ti hybrid
EVGA 750W PSU
Bequiet base 600 case
Oculus Rift touch

I've got a Thrustmaster TX with the upgrade wheel, TP3-A pro pedals with the load cell, and the TH-8A shifter.

I could have went much stupider and spent a lot more than I did, but I think that I found some parts that can perform well without losing my mind completely. My son just built a Ryzen 7 machine and is completely blown away by it so it got me thinking....and me thinking can be dangerous.

So is there anything that I should have done differently?

BullWinkle
04-09-2017, 22:42
Was playing on XBox one. It was fun. It wasn't amazing.

So I just dropped some money on a new system and decided that it would be smart to ask after the fact how this is going to turn out. Nothing like being the opposite of proactive. I actually did do a lot of research and think that I did pretty well.

Anyway here are the details:

Ryzen 5 1600
MSI Tomahawk 350
16GB PC3200 DDR
512GB Samsung 960 Evo nvme
EVGA 1080Ti hybrid
EVGA 750W PSU
Bequiet base 600 case
Oculus Rift touch

I've got a Thrustmaster TX with the upgrade wheel, TP3-A pro pedals with the load cell, and the TH-8A shifter.

I could have went much stupider and spent a lot more than I did, but I think that I found some parts that can perform well without losing my mind completely. My son just built a Ryzen 7 machine and is completely blown away by it so it got me thinking....and me thinking can be dangerous.

So is there anything that I should have done differently?

You shouldn't of got your little woman pregnant.;)

Seriously, I think your off to a good start hardware wise. Good way to go with the PC3200 DDR, your Ryzen will like that.
Am looking to upgrade to Ryzen also (1700), might be next spring/summer now. Enjoy your new system. It should blow away your XBox.:)

alitomr1979
10-09-2017, 23:11
Very very nice system. You can always go higher, and a time passes (weeks) there will always be something "better" available.

Usually people who go to the top of the GPU spectrum do the same with the CPU, but Indont think you would get more performances in game with a higher end CPU. Don't believe me, go check out the benchmarks in YouTube.

VR can be tough on CPUs, but the Ryzen 5 is awesome and I'm sure will get better as developers make better use of more cores and threads.

Enjoy! Very nice system!

bporion
11-09-2017, 01:50
sorry to hijack the thread but looking at my signature what needs changing to be up to date whit Pcars2 ?

Sankyo
11-09-2017, 09:02
sorry to hijack the thread but looking at my signature what needs changing to be up to date whit Pcars2 ?
I think you definitely need to upgrade to a CSW v2.5 :p

Joking aside, I think you'll be fine.

bporion
11-09-2017, 14:23
I think you definitely need to upgrade to a CSW v2.5 :p

Joking aside, I think you'll be fine.

:p good to know . Thanks