PDA

View Full Version : I will NOT buy Project Cars 2! Here`s why.

flybikes
06-09-2017, 12:27
Well, I love Sims. I was one of the first to buy Project Cars 1. I liked that game. After that, I tried other sims (you know) and I never touched Project Cars again BUT, with Project Cars 2, the hype is back again.

I went to Steam to see the price of the game (to see how much I would spend) and the first thing I saw was pre-order bonus content. Sorry but no. I will neither pre-order a game, to have more cars that SHOULD be already in the game in the first place and obviously, I will NOT buy a game after the launch without that cars knowing that they exist and were cut from the final version just to increase the sales.

I can not cooperate with this.
So sorry to SMS. I know that I`m nobody for you... I`m just one, but I will not buy Project Cars 2.

STOP with these policies and respect the consumers, and we will respect you as game developers.

RacingAtHome
06-09-2017, 12:33
Everyone does it and that doesn't mean I excuse it. Although at least with this, you'll be able to buy it later on. From what I've read from the release of DiRT 4 is that actually, it's retailers push it more than developers.

Konan
06-09-2017, 12:38
Well, I love Sims. I was one of the first to buy Project Cars 1. I liked that game. After that, I tried other sims (you know) and I never touched Project Cars again BUT, with Project Cars 2, the hype is back again.

I went to Steam to see the price of the game (to see how much I would spend) and the first thing I saw was pre-order bonus content. Sorry but no. I will neither pre-order a game, to have more cars that SHOULD be already in the game in the first place and obviously, I will NOT buy a game after the launch without that cars knowing that they exist and were cut from the final version just to increase the sales.

So sorry to SMS. I know that I`m nobody for you... I`m just one, but I will not buy Project Cars 2.

STOP with these policies and respect the consumers, and we will respect you as game developers.

So in those "other sims" you got all the content from day one?

APR193
06-09-2017, 12:39
I understand where you are coming from, but pre order bonuses and dlc etc are here to stay unless you are willing to pay significantly more than you currently do for a base game.

I don't know SMS' particular situation, but as an example, Gears of War 4 cost 6 times as much to develop than the original Gears of War game did (I think there was about 10 years between them), but the games sold for the same price. I'd imagine this is fairly similar across the board, and for racing games with the car, track and series licensing costs it could be even more of an increase. Devs have to make that money back somehow as no-one would pay 240 ish for a game.

I wouldn't be surprised if dlc, bonuses and locked away content gets worse in games over time as development costs continue to increase, I just hope that it all doesn't become like mobile, 'pay to win' games.

No-one likes it, but as I said its here to stay. You frankly should be grateful if this is as bad as it gets.

Itsdoomsday48
06-09-2017, 12:43
I'll never understand it when people make this argument. It costs nothing extra to pre-order a game, so if you wanted the game from the start, why does it hurt you to pre-order it? If you don't want to to pre-order the game you clearly are not as "hyped" about it as you claim. Pre-order incentives are not only to boost sales, they're also in place to reward those who pre-order the game. The customer is putting money down on something ahead of its release, why shouldn't they get a bonus?

honespc
06-09-2017, 12:44
You might also hold for a moment and think on the amount of content already offered in the vanilla. Have you considered this?.

I think PC2 vanilla is a good deal, in terms of content too. Then later on you could decide whether to purchase DLC or not.

flybikes
06-09-2017, 12:53
I'll never understand it when people make this argument. It costs nothing extra to pre-order a game, so if you wanted the game from the start, why does it hurt you to pre-order it? If you don't want to to pre-order the game you clearly are not as "hyped" about it as you claim. Pre-order incentives are not only to boost sales, they're also in place to reward those who pre-order the game. The customer is putting money down on something ahead of its release, why shouldn't they get a bonus?

You replied your own question.
"Why does it hurt pre-order it?" The answer is in bold.

flybikes
06-09-2017, 12:54
You might also hold for a moment and think on the amount of content already offered in the vanilla. Have you considered this?.

I think PC2 vanilla is a good deal, in terms of content too. Then later on you could decide whether to purchase DLC or not.

The Vanilla is incomplete. Simples as that. No other words needed.

Mad Al
06-09-2017, 12:57

The developers aren't the ones who do this, the publisher is.. and in some cases specific resellers... so maybe you should direct your angst at the right people... go have a whinge at BN and Valve

APR193
06-09-2017, 12:58

Genuine question, what would need to be added for it to be complete in your eyes? Other than the pre order content, as every game does that

Sankyo
06-09-2017, 12:58
I went to Steam to see the price of the game (to see how much I would spend) and the first thing I saw was pre-order bonus content. Sorry but no. I will neither pre-order a game, to have more cars that SHOULD be already in the game in the first place
Why should those cars be in the game in the first place?

and obviously, I will NOT buy a game after the launch without that cars knowing that they exist and were cut from the final version just to increase the sales.
What final version? The current dev build is something different than the final version. The final version content was defined long ago already. Nothing was cut. DLC content is developed in parallel with the main game, because starting to develop it only when the game has been published makes no sense at all because it takes an awful lot of time to make a single car or track. If you want to deliver DLC within a few months of release, you must start developing it before release.

And when you develop it, it makes sense to test the content in the dev builds that are available to the WMD members. This is not the same as 'content being available but cut from the final game'. That is not how development works at all.

Indeed. You do realize that the only person suffering from this will be you?

It's not about respecting consumers, it's about consumers like you understanding how this business works and how long development times affect how you organize creation and testing of game content, both base content and DLC.

Grijo
06-09-2017, 13:07
I will not buy it too :mad:

Ohhhh, wait a second, I already pre-ordered it...:barbershop_quartet_

I love vanilla, especially on ice-cream :love-struck:

amazed
06-09-2017, 13:19

Don't buy it then.....

Shut the door on your way out! 😂

breyzipp
06-09-2017, 13:22
Pretty much all noteworthy games nowadays have pre-order bonuses and post-launch payed DLC content. If you dislike that I suggest you stop looking at games releasing in 2017 but instead look at the GOTY editions of games from 2015 or older. You then have what you want and probably at a cheaper price too.

So, only for you I suggest to forget about PCARS2 and buy the GOTY edition of PCARS1. For everyone else: Just over 2 weeks now and the wait is finally over! :encouragement:

flybikes
06-09-2017, 13:28
Don't buy it then.....

Shut the door on your way out! 😂

Ok...outside that door, I can always download the repack from Fitgirl! (denuvo protection doesn't matter...)... 1 month and it`s out for free and nobody can do nothing about it:o

Itsdoomsday48
06-09-2017, 13:30
You replied your own question.
"Why does it hurt pre-order it?" The answer is in bold.

It's called canceling the pre-order, your money doesn't just go away like a non refundable deposit, try again........

Sankyo
06-09-2017, 13:30
Ok...outside that door, I can always download the repack from Fitgirl! (denuvo protection doesn't matter...)... 1 month and it`s out for free and nobody can do nothing about it:o
Do feel proud of yourself when you do.
Thread closed.