PDA

View Full Version : Will all DLC be required to join an online session including them?

Shooter80
08-09-2017, 09:14
If a user has only the vanilla package, but an online session includes a DLC car they don't have, will they still be able to join and race against the cars they don't have, or will they need to have all content to be able to join?

Thanks

Shooter80

Siberian Tiger
08-09-2017, 10:30
It will be like in Project Cars 1....

So no Need to worry :) - If you don't own the DLC you are still able to join the Server without the DLC. You will also have the ability to Play DLC Tracks Online, just not Offline.

Should also be the Case for the DLC Cars, but im not 100% sure how this will work in Sessions where only 1 DLC Car is forced from the Host.

Shooter80
08-09-2017, 11:20
Awesome, makes a lot of sense. Prioritising the, long term, user base over quick cash. Always confused me why 'other games' have limits like that in. I'd think the Project Cars way would likely ultimately sell more DLC.

Thanks for the fast response. Pre-order made.

rich1e I
08-09-2017, 12:16
If a user has only the vanilla package, but an online session includes a DLC car they don't have, will they still be able to join and race against the cars they don't have, or will they need to have all content to be able to join?

Thanks

Shooter80

This is a good question with even better replies xD This is one awesome feature I was hoping to be included in Project CARS 2. Absolutely smart decision to allow this.

Stewy32
08-09-2017, 18:14
Awesome, makes a lot of sense. Prioritising the, long term, user base over quick cash. Always confused me why 'other games' have limits like that in. I'd think the Project Cars way would likely ultimately sell more DLC.

Thanks for the fast response. Pre-order made.I agree.Try before you buy.

honespc
08-09-2017, 19:29
Being able to play online in a lobby with a track and cars you don't own (the car as long as the host forces one single DLC car only for everybody, then you can use it) is another one of those things that made of project cars a great game. This also proves SMS may not be the greedy rats some folks around pretend them to look like.

I don't think any other game allows you to do this, or at least any other sim.

Bealdor
08-09-2017, 19:48
It will be like in Project Cars 1....

So no Need to worry :) - If you don't own the DLC you are still able to join the Server without the DLC. You will also have the ability to Play DLC Tracks Online, just not Offline.

Should also be the Case for the DLC Cars, but im not 100% sure how this will work in Sessions where only 1 DLC Car is forced from the Host.

Sorry guys but for now we can't 100% confirm that it will work exactly like in PCARS 1.
We'll investigate and get back to you when we know for sure.

rich1e I
11-09-2017, 12:50
Please don't forget to keep us up to date on this matter.

321Respawn
13-09-2017, 01:39
Why would they not keep the same format? I am sure many people bought dlc after having the chance to try before buying.

Invincible
13-09-2017, 05:59
Why would they not keep the same format? I am sure many people bought dlc after having the chance to try before buying.

Because, afaik, it isn't solely SMS's call to make. Bandai Namco as a publisher / distributor also has a saying in this as they're coordinating sales.

rich1e I
13-09-2017, 11:14
Because, afaik, it isn't solely SMS's call to make. Bandai Namco as a publisher / distributor also has a saying in this as they're coordinating sales.

Ok, so the answer is: Bandai Namco decided not to implement this feature. I can understand that from a company's view, but it's a shame people just can't be clear about certain questions.

Invincible
13-09-2017, 12:31
Ok, so the answer is: Bandai Namco decided not to implement this feature. I can understand that from a company's view, but it's a shame people just can't be clear about certain questions.

Do not put words in my mouth!! I just said that (as far as I remember!!) SMS can't decide it alone. I never said that this feature wasn't implemented, nor that it is implemented. We simply don't know yet and possibly we'll have to wait for the first DLC to find out.

rich1e I
13-09-2017, 13:16
Do not put words in my mouth!! I just said that (as far as I remember!!) SMS can't decide it alone. I never said that this feature wasn't implemented, nor that it is implemented. We simply don't know yet and possibly we'll have to wait for the first DLC to find out.

Just to clarify, of course this isn't what you said, it's just my interpretation. The game is ready for launch so it should be clear by now if it's implemented or not, so I just don't understand why nobody seems to know anything about it. Please don't get me wrong, this is no rant or something. I'm just asking simple questions.

Invincible
13-09-2017, 13:21
Just to clarify, of course this isn't what you said, it's just my interpretation. The game is ready for launch so it should be clear by now if it's implemented or not, so I just don't understand why nobody seems to know anything about it. Please don't get me wrong, this is no rant or something. I'm just asking simple questions.

Well, it might be clear for SMS and Bandai Namco, but we WMD members have not been told yet. On the other hand, we weren't told about this for project cars 1 before the release either.