PDA

View Full Version : Default Setups in PC2

Eric Rowland
10-09-2017, 23:30
Do these setups drive reasonably well out of the box with every car on every track? Does each car respond sensibly to mechanical and/or aero setup changes? Does Doug finalize these setups? Thank you!

Mahjik
10-09-2017, 23:36
Do these setups drive reasonably well out of the box with every car on every track? Does each car respond sensibly to mechanical and/or aero setup changes? Does Doug finalize these setups? Thank you!

The default setups will drive well, but have some understeer in them.. i.e. they need to be accessible..

SMS was going to try and fit in loose setups for every car along with the default. Not sure if they'll have time. The setups are done via committee (Casey, Doug, Jussi, etc).

transfix
10-09-2017, 23:44
Default setups feel great but the addition of Race Engineer will be great in tweaking for those who are not comfortable with tuning. The guys have done a great job !

GTsimms
10-09-2017, 23:47
Yes, depending on wheel CSW 2.5 and DD can use the defaults well. I will be posting my T150 and T300 settings as soon as the forum goes up! Edit: I will probably add CSR and GT3 RS V2(:nightmare:), if anyone requests.

FIA
11-09-2017, 00:49
Yes, the Race Engineer will be a big help to many out there, this will add lots of depth to online racing
and the in race car settings can also be changed as you race and ffb setting can be changed without backing out to the main menu.

BreadedVirus
11-09-2017, 01:07
Yes, the Race Engineer will be a big help to many out there, this will add lots of depth to online racing
and the in race car settings can also be changed as you race and ffb setting can be changed without backing out to the main menu.

Music to my ears.

resmania
11-09-2017, 02:28
You'll be surprised when you see the Load Setup screen for the first time. :)

pad242
11-09-2017, 02:34
With regards to PC2, will there be a way to adjust the Degrees of Rotation for my wheel? Lets say I like to run at 720 degrees, can I set that across the board for all my vehicles?

resmania
11-09-2017, 02:38
Just like PC1, soft lock is applied by default.

GTsimms
11-09-2017, 03:03
With regards to PC2, will there be a way to adjust the Degrees of Rotation for my wheel? Lets say I like to run at 720 degrees, can I set that across the board for all my vehicles?

It is best to run at 900.

Maurice Boeschen
11-09-2017, 06:25
The default setups will drive well, but have some understeer in them.. i.e. they need to be accessible..

SMS was going to try and fit in loose setups for every car along with the default. Not sure if they'll have time. The setups are done via committee (Casey, Doug, Jussi, etc).

For Gamepad users thats true but Wheel users got "loose" setups recently which is also the default for wheel users. That removes this understeery safety effect which is present on the stable setup for gamepad users :)

DinoM
11-09-2017, 06:34
Yes, depending on wheel CSW 2.5 and DD can use the defaults well. I will be posting my T150 and T300 settings as soon as the forum goes up! Edit: I will probably add CSR and GT3 RS V2(:nightmare:), if anyone requests.

Yes. CSR, please! THX!

Rodgerzzz
11-09-2017, 07:06
For Gamepad users thats true but Wheel users got "loose" setups recently which is also the default for wheel users. That removes this understeery safety effect which is present on the stable setup for gamepad users :)

Please elaborate Maurice, that sounds like an interesting feature! I'm guessing if your on a wheel all you'd need to do is load the sim on the gamepad and you'd be able to see the difference in the setup menus?

Bealdor
11-09-2017, 07:21
Please elaborate Maurice, that sounds like an interesting feature! I'm guessing if your on a wheel all you'd need to do is load the sim on the gamepad and you'd be able to see the difference in the setup menus?

You don't need to. You can simply load the other default setup in the setup manager.

Maurice Boeschen
11-09-2017, 07:40

indeed thats a very nice feature!
In the setup loading screen you can choose between several setups, for example loose setup (default setup for wheel users and automatically loaded for wheel users) and stable setup (default setup for gamepad users and automatically loaded for gamepad users). Some cars have even more special setups, Road cars for example have OEM setups from the manufacturers and RX cars have special RX setups.

Zenzic
11-09-2017, 08:07
That's simply awesome! Those multiple setups combined with the tuning engineer will hopefully mean those who aren't big on tuning will be able to get to a somewhat proper setup quite quickly. :)

Sankyo
11-09-2017, 08:43

Just like PC1, soft lock is applied by default.
To elaborate: the cars in the game have steering locks that are the same as the real cars, for wheels that have 900 degrees or more rotation. AFAIK if you calibrate your wheel at 900 degrees and change your wheel rotation to 720 afterwards, you will also change the steering lock accordingly, but you still won't have all the cars having the same steering lock.

If you set your wheel to 720 and then calibrate it in-game, AFAIK cars will still have their original steering lock as long as it fits within the range, not sure what happens if it doesn't.

GTsimms
11-09-2017, 08:57
Well my work week must have caught up with me. I just realized, after getting some sleep, that I posted about wheel settings! Doh! But, the defaults setups can feel OK, depends on vehicle or setup selected as some have several. But, you should be able to find something good!

Kelderek
11-09-2017, 09:15
IIRC the SMS "pre-setups" appear in the Setup Manager just like any saved setup, so you can use them as is or tweak them further and save as your own setup. Even specific for a certain track.

Mahjik
11-09-2017, 13:04

I'm well aware... However, it wasn't working properly before the builds stopped so it's possible it doesn't make it into the final. That's why I worded it the way I did.

Mahjik
11-09-2017, 13:08

You can always force calibrate the wheel to 720 degrees. When you do the wheel calibration you just stop at 720. However, for cars that normally have more than 720 degrees of rotation, the steering will not be linear. pCARS will have to scale the steering so that 720 will make it to 900 degrees which is less than ideal. It's best to calibrate the full range of your wheel and let pCARS do it's thing.

Maurice Boeschen
11-09-2017, 15:12
I'm well aware... However, it wasn't working properly before the builds stopped so it's possible it doesn't make it into the final. That's why I worded it the way I did.

As I'm actually still playing: For me it works without problems. Loose setups are loaded by default for every car as it should...

Sankyo
11-09-2017, 15:54
Please elaborate as I like to run GT's at 540 and single seaters at 450. Thank you.
GT cars and single seaters will run with realistic steering lock. pC2 is not like the old ISI games in which the car uses the rotation angle of your wheel. It will set the max rotation angle based on the steering lock of the car, using a soft lock (FFB-based rotation stop).

Eric Rowland
14-09-2017, 01:41
Alas, I forgot to ask.......will the Dallara DW12 have the asymmetrical default setups for Indy and Texas? Thank you.

Mahjik
14-09-2017, 01:45
Alas, I forgot to ask.......will the Dallara DW12 have the asymmetrical default setups for Indy and Texas? Thank you.

The oval Indycar will have asymmetrical default setups. The road Indycar will have symmetrical default setups.

Tepp
28-09-2017, 13:28
Can someone explain the default setups: loose/stable/OEM??? What is the difference in handling, lap times, weather conditions, controllers, etc? When and what to choose and why? For users who don't want or don't have knowledge to deep dive in all the dampers, springs, suspensions, nuts and bolts. Thanks!

Bealdor
28-09-2017, 13:31
Can someone explain the default setups: loose/stable/OEM??? What is the difference in handling, lap times, weather conditions, controllers, etc? When and what to choose and why? For users who don't want or don't have knowledge to deep dive in all the dampers, springs, suspensions, nuts and bolts. Thanks!

Loose: more agile/oversteery, potentially faster but not as easy to control, wheel recommended
Stable: more stable (:rolleyes:), easier to control but not as fast as the loose one, recommended for gamepad users
OEM: This is the setup cars are delivered with by the manufacturer

SreRacha
28-09-2017, 13:33
Not sure if this was mentioned, didnt feel like reading the entire thread :eek:
Id recommend loading the Stable default setting for any car you are learning and then tweak from there.