PDA

View Full Version : ooooh, please tell me this bug is fixed for the final release

Javaniceday
13-09-2017, 23:23
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qj2xCTdduis&t=18m20s

<facepalm> omg, really? Come on......

In the name of all that is holy, please tell me the pCARS1 bug where cars spawn upside 1down and destroyed before the race will not be present in pCARS2 final release, because apparently it's still there for whatever build this video has.

Tell me this is fixed. I want to believe!

If not, delay the game. Delay it.

And if you delay the game, at least give us the option for real weather in career mode.

RacingAtHome
13-09-2017, 23:35
I have to admit, that's pretty amusing. But calling them to delay the game's release with the game already going gold, you've got to be having a laugh.

Trippul G
13-09-2017, 23:43
Yikes. Never saw that one before. If this was a common thing, I'm sure we would've heard more about it by now. I'm reasonably sure that if it's not fixed by release, it will be shortly thereafter.

But, let's take a step back. It's an embarrassing bug, sure, but it's likely pretty rare (or like I said, we probably would have heard/seen more about it), and the workaround is simple enough...just restart the session. Not ideal surely, but IMO nothing game breaking or worth delaying the release for.

RacingAtHome
13-09-2017, 23:50
Yikes. Never saw that one before. If this was a common thing, I'm sure we would've heard more about it by now. I'm reasonably sure that if it's not fixed by release, it will be shortly thereafter.

But, let's take a step back. It's an embarrassing bug, sure, but it's likely pretty rare (or like I said, we probably would have heard/seen more about it), and the workaround is simple enough...just restart the session. Not ideal surely, but IMO nothing game breaking or worth delaying the release for.

Exactly. Last game, I had an issue with the engineer not letting me out of the pits. All I needed to do was just return to garage and go out again. It wasn't that bad and I ignored it. This will be good for some laughs but has the same effect.

Ajvanho
14-09-2017, 00:01
If anyone missed it:

The Mustang that crashed into, and is barrel rolling, the Aston is being driven by Paul Walker. And I suspect the seizure he is having, and can be seen from 18:28 towards 18:33, is the cause of the accident.

I hope the bug stays so I can do documentaries about it for YouTube. Or maybe not considering it would probably be seen as mocking of a dead person.

Javaniceday
14-09-2017, 00:21

The reason why this is different, is because this same thing was happening on pCARS1, and this is one of the reasons people stopped playing the game and went to RaceRoom or AC. And no, it's not as simple as just restarting the game, because this would happen in online races, too. And if it happens to you, it's curtains for your race before it even starts.

This must be fixed. It was never fixed in pCARS1, so... I mean, would they address it in pCARS2? No no no..... oh man.

hkraft300
14-09-2017, 01:14
... And no, it's not as simple as just restarting the game, because this would happen in online races, too. And if it happens to you, it's curtains for your race before it even starts.

This must be fixed. It was never fixed in pCARS1, so... I mean, would they address it in pCARS2? No no no..... oh man.

It happens in online races in pc1.
Very rarely.
Usually if the lobby host or multiple players have bad connection.

If the online race isn't restarted, the race is curtains for everyone. Any respectable league host would restart.

The video is from offline career race. If it happens as you saw a quick restart solved the issue.
No big deal.

Calm down.
Just First World problems mate.

Mahjik
14-09-2017, 01:31
While I didn't validate every track, the issue in the video was an issue with rolling starts on some tracks (as well as too many AI allowed on the track). At least the main tracks I used, this was addressed (combination of limiting total number of cars and adjusting the rolling start positions).

poirqc
14-09-2017, 01:38
Very rarely.

If the online race isn't restarted, the race is curtains for everyone. Any respectable league host would restart.

The video is from offline career race. If it happens as you saw a quick restart solved the issue.
No big deal.

Calm down.
Just First World problems mate.

Like others, i had the same issue in pCars 1, in SP. The difference was that a new session was needed to fix it. In pCars, you can just restart it. So it's not that bad.

Javaniceday
14-09-2017, 02:02
Like others, i had the same issue in pCars 1, in SP. The difference was that a new session was needed to fix it. In pCars, you can just restart it. So it's not that bad.

I understand it's first world problems. But guys, brushing problems aside and saying they're not a problem when they are is not a good thing.

I'm telling you, the second it happens when released people are gonna scream bloody murder, give the game a bad rap, and quite possibly hurt sales because pCARS1 already has a reputation for being buggy - not deservingly, but it's there. Guys like EmptyBox will shrug and say "as expected, back to iRacing" and that's the reputation the game will get.

So, we know the problem is there... sigh idk. If it were my game, I'd bite the bullet and delay it. This bug is a big deal.

For the record, I want to love this game, forever. I just bought a GTX 1070 and a Rift, specifically for pCARS2. I want to play this game with every sim racer I know. Bugs like this are gonna make that difficult.

LukeC
14-09-2017, 02:09
I have to admit, that's pretty amusing. But calling them to delay the game's release with the game already going gold, you've got to be having a laugh.

They can always hold the disc in storage for a couple of months before shelving the game and they can lock the steam version in the same fashion. That is sure to please everyone.

Javaniceday
14-09-2017, 02:10
While I didn't validate every track, the issue in the video was an issue with rolling starts on some tracks (as well as too many AI allowed on the track). At least the main tracks I used, this was addressed (combination of limiting total number of cars and adjusting the rolling start positions).

Can we assume they've done all they can to address this bug? And can we reasonably assume it will be very rare? (I have to disagree with people who said it was rare in pCARS1 - it wasn't - I saw it all the time)

Cheesenium
14-09-2017, 03:07
Tested Pcars 2 for 200 hours since the start of development, I did not get this bug in dev builds. I did get it quite a few times in Pcars 1 released build after 200+ hours. Could be a rare bug that I never came into. Lucky or unlucky, I don't know. The thing is, you will never eliminate all the bugs from a game. Even with another year of QA, some bugs will still slip by. However, this is quite a severe bug for me which I hope it will be sorted out.

Pcars 2 is definitely a much more bug-free game than Pcars 1 was when it has gone gold. I was much more concern about the state of release of Pcars 1 than Pcars 2 because Pcars 1 do really felt a lot more buggy.

GTsimms
14-09-2017, 03:46
If you look at other game threads! There are plenty of open issues! I did not see this one.

hkraft300
14-09-2017, 06:02
If you look at other game threads! There are plenty of open issues! I did not see this one.

In public MP I still see it happen, especially on standing starts. Rarely, but it does happen. I've assumed it's a connection issue. Even more rare to see it in a private race, but I do hope the car spawning issue is sorted for MP.
Would it be possible the game realises the driver is no longer connected and removes the car from the track, or doesn't spawn it?

What's in the OP video is a hiccup with rolling start SP races. If it still happens, a quick restart seems to fix it.

breyzipp
14-09-2017, 06:35
I know the video was to show the bug but I was mighty impressed with the sound of that Aston. :)

honespc
14-09-2017, 06:47
Happens online only due to synch problems. Basically on p2p servers. Never had this problems while on dedicated.

Cheesenium
14-09-2017, 07:11
I know the video was to show the bug but I was mighty impressed with the sound of that Aston. :)

A lot of cars sounds fantastic in Pcars 2. I think it is a decent upgrade from Pcars 1, considering the amount of content the game has.

Not R3E or Battlefield level yet but it is pretty good now.

Djuvinile
14-09-2017, 09:47
Very rarely.

I will stay positive because i still have complete faith in the devs for part 2, but to say that it was / is rare?! i would like to invite you to do 10 multiplayer races with me on ps4 and my bet is we will see it 2 or 3 times.