PDA

View Full Version : Time Trial groups for Xbox One

XFR Spike
14-09-2017, 07:49
Having watched the dev clips on YouTube I notice the Xbox is limited to leaderboards by group/track rather than car/track (not further comment, grrrr)...

I just wondered if anyone could confirm what the actual Time Trial Groups will be on XBOX One?

Reason; we maintain a community Time Trial Championship over at our website xfruk.com (http://xfruk.com) & I need some graphical icons for each competition :cool:

Just Another Frog
15-09-2017, 06:16
Having watched the dev clips on YouTube I notice the Xbox is limited to leaderboards by group/track rather than car/track (not further comment, grrrr)...

Hasn't that got something to do with Microsoft only allowing so many leaderboards per game? 1000 springs to mind so if that is the case then it's nowhere near possible to have individual car/track leaderboards - but more than enough to give open wheel their own sections (hint hint)...

malcster
15-09-2017, 11:47

I just wondered if anyone could confirm what the actual Time Trial Groups will be on XBOX One?

Reason; we maintain a community Time Trial Championship over at our website xfruk.com (http://xfruk.com) & I need some graphical icons for each competition :cool:
I've signed up to the website what days do you race ??

XFR Spike
15-09-2017, 13:18
Hasn't that got something to do with Microsoft only allowing so many leaderboards per game? 1000 springs to mind so if that is the case then it's nowhere near possible to have individual car/track leaderboards - but more than enough to give open wheel their own sections (hint hint)...Exactly, that's as we understand it too, but I was hoping to find out what the final group leaderboards will be (no hints, just facts) :cool-new: We count 54 car classifications and circa. 200 ribbons so we expect TT leaderboards to be groups of car classes... we were looking for what those final 'confirmed' Xbox TT groups will be. Simply to help us prep for release is all. Only a week though, we can wait... just... :o

I've signed up to the website what days do you race ??Great stuff! Welcome :cheerful: will respond to intro post/race license request etc.

Initially we'll be racing Mon and Wed with casual weekend lobbies. We also have our own TTs running with a new one posted each Saturday (these earn points towards an 8 race season which you'll see in the website). Coming soon... we'll also be starting the Team XFR season which is a series of 6 individual championships (each 6 to 8 weeks long). These competitions score individually but also feed our annual 2017/18 Tournament table (see CoC link :cool: at top of main website).

Team XFR is by invite only although we do have seats at the moment. These races will take over Monday nights so if interested please let us know in via the forum.

One side note; we'll also be supporting SMS with parallel XFR support posts for the Community Events. So basically, we've two active TTs of our own, the SMS Community Event with racer support, casual hosted weekly races and for those who like pain... Team XFR running each and every week :hopelessness:

Just hope she launches smoothly.... :cower:

FIA
15-09-2017, 23:38
I think its been said that it will be the same as Pcars1, and the cars are in there own Groups so open wheels will be all of them
so we will not see karts with there own list, it will just be the fastest car of all open wheels on the top spot

i think it is pointless as most will just pick the same car or be at the bottom of the TT list
it will just be FA or X TT fight and the odd indycar.

GT and others are the same as Pcars1

XFR Spike
16-09-2017, 07:19
OK we'll wait on release for confirmed groups. Less than a week :cool:

I don't think it's pointless man. If there are just 6 groups and 150 usable ribbons, that's still 900 potential leaderboards, besides, that's exactly why we run our own TTs and add value with an XFR leaderboard.

Certainly for the first few months we're able to select specific motors and tracks to challenge each other on. We move to public leaderboards later when we've run out of clean combinations kinda thing :o

If its something you would like to compete with us on you'd be very welcome... no need to race with us to take part in our TTs :cheerful: XFRuk.com (http://xfruk.com)

Just Another Frog
16-09-2017, 14:29
OK we'll wait on release for confirmed groups. Less than a week :cool:

I don't think it's pointless man. If there are just 6 groups and 150 usable ribbons, that's still 900 potential leaderboards, besides, that's exactly why we run our own TTs and add value with an XFR leaderboard.

Certainly for the first few months we're able to select specific motors and tracks to challenge each other on. We move to public leaderboards later when we've run out of clean combinations kinda thing :o

If its something you would like to compete with us on you'd be very welcome... no need to race with us to take part in our TTs :cheerful: XFRuk.com (http://xfruk.com)

It is pointless beause you can only enter a single time within each class leaderboard so in the case of the open wheel, once you have logged a FA time then that eliminates entry for all the slower F cars within that class.

My suggestion for a solution would be to allow each person a single leaderboard entry for every car within it's respective class - and have a filter option to group individual cars from the main leaderboard in the same way you group friends' times. If you want to goto the absolute extremes then technically speaking there only needs to be a one leaderboard for each track - providing every available car is allowed a single entry - with an unlimited amount of filters to group together pretty much anything you like.

XFR Spike
16-09-2017, 15:58
See hosting our own TTs overcomes the problem & that's why we don't think of it as pointless.. we always have a great blast.

Whilst leaderboards are fresh we have several months of being able to declare a specific car at a specific track, we target the less competitive cars & all post times.
Every week we declare a brand new combination & as each TT expires we update our own TT leaderboards with the results.
Because we pick a slower car for a given track it means we can re-visit same locations with either aster cars or open it up to the public SMS Groups depending on our racing.

Yeah its not ideal! & in months to come we will run out of options, but its far from pointless :o Come give it a go with us if its something you enjoy :)

I'm not sure I understand your solution? Wouldn't that effectively record a time per car, per track? The very thing SMS can't deliver for us on XBOX? :confused:

FIA
16-09-2017, 19:43
Like this, everyone just uses any car for a track and we just use a filter say at the top of the screen to show something like indycars only or karts
so all the fastest kart drivers are there on that list, this is how it should be, then we can see the fastest formula a, b,x indy or any

as without it we see FA from start to Finnish and any other car is pointless to use...

it will just be a filter, so no record a time per car, per track as we can use what ever car we want
but the slow cars will be at the end of the TT list, so to filter out the others from the list in view
so only 1 car type is in view.

5...to go

XFR Spike
17-09-2017, 09:58
Sorry, I'm more lost than a lost thing driving a lost car down a lost lane in lost land :confused:

If we visit a track and select your filter to only show a specific car or car class of times, then that data is obviously stored.
If we change your filter at that same track to be a different car or car class, that data must also be stored.

So, are you suggesting we should only be allowed to record one time per track each?

How would your idea work if I want to record 50 different car times at the same location?

Isn't that effectively recording individual car times per track? The very thing SMS are unable to provide on XBOX?

At least with SMS groups we can have several recorded times per track rather than just one single time.

5 just 5 :positive:

Just Another Frog
17-09-2017, 16:22
ok, lets keep this nice and simple lol.

Example:
If you set a PB at Spa in a FA car then that time is added to the 'open wheel class / Spa' leaderboard.

If you then want to set a time in a FC car to compare against other FC racers you cannot do that because the leaderboard only stores one time for all cars grouped within the open wheel class at Spa. In this instance it's for the much quicker FA.

To get around this you can do one of two things:
1. Create x1 leaderboard for every single car on every single track. Obviously the easiest way - but not possible on XB1 because of useage restriction.
2. Implement a system within the game that allows all cars WITHIN THEIR RESPECTIVE CLASS to submit a time on a single leaderboard for each track.

So, from the above example you will have 5 entries (one for each open wheel class vehicle) on a single leaderboard at Spa.

It's then just a simple task of a pull down tab on the Spa leaderboard to ''sort by' (''group by"...whatever) whichever veicle you want from the class list. The game then selects every identical car within the combined open class list and creates a brand new leaderboard in exactly the same way you click a button and filter current lederboards by friends only. Effectively you have 5 leaderboards in 1, controlled by a simple tab system. A really effective way of ensuring a greater amount of leaderboards within restricted enviroment

XFR Spike
18-09-2017, 06:56
Ahh ok, simplification worked! Your idea is based on ONE MAHOOSIVE! (not a word I know, but it should be!), database containing every single (car class) time from every single racer at each track location, in order to filter a summary leaderboard. In other words upwards of 200 huge! db's for someone to manage.

I've dusted off my old calculator (literally) :o and if you imagine title success and many million of racers in its lifetime (good luck SMS!), then multiple platforms each with their own time databases multiplied by the number of car classes (54 last time I counted) by the number of possible users... WOW!

Think about 200 of them per platform & I guess you can see why SMS wouldn't go that route. Any single db could easily contain many millions of records over its lifetime.

There's some huge practical considerations for such a system, not least the sort and filter times for multiple concurrent global users (I should say I come from a commercial IT background, heavily db based) so my comment doesn't come from the corner of a damp bedroom shoe cupboard lol :cool:

Clearly though SMS deliver what they can and believe to be the optimum, within the restrictions they have to work with.

4 to go... just 4!