PDA

View Full Version : [NO] Nvidia Surround still required for triple screen setup?

Juhu_0815
14-09-2017, 16:59
Hi,

do we still need Nvidia Surround for triples (to generate one big virtual screen) or can everything be configured within PCARS2 without Surround?

Kind regards
Mike

beetes_juice
14-09-2017, 17:06
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mP91YIRdAyc

Juhu_0815
14-09-2017, 17:15
Wow, this sounds fantastic. When I've understood correctly, we will not need Surround anymore. This is perfect!

drathuu
15-09-2017, 02:17
The video i dont think answered your question - I personally was running Nvidia surround.. (with my 4th monitor the accesory monitor). Everything else was as per video above. I never did test without nvidia surround. (not sure how it would determine which of my 4 monitors the 3 triples are).

At the top of the screen in the video you see Triple screen ticked (That causes each screen to render seperately) in the correct aspect ration.
Unticking it then just makes the game render one 5760x1080 screen (Effectively elongating the side screens like the original game did).

I noted around 15% frame rate loss when rendering independantly (as you would expect and seems better than most other sims - 15-25% loss), however to have a correct triple screen is worth it.

That said, not sure what the AMD WMD guys were using - It may work without, i just didnt test it.

Juhu_0815
15-09-2017, 07:23
The video i dont think answered your question - I personally was running Nvidia surround.. (with my 4th monitor the accesory monitor). Everything else was as per video above. I never did test without nvidia surround. (not sure how it would determine which of my 4 monitors the 3 triples are).

At the top of the screen in the video you see Triple screen ticked (That causes each screen to render seperately) in the correct aspect ration.
Unticking it then just makes the game render one 5760x1080 screen (Effectively elongating the side screens like the original game did).

I noted around 15% frame rate loss when rendering independantly (as you would expect and seems better than most other sims - 15-25% loss), however to have a correct triple screen is worth it.

That said, not sure what the AMD WMD guys were using - It may work without, i just didnt test it.

Thanks for the clarification. Nvidia Surround is not working smooth with Win10 in my case. It means I can't use the "one button" activation of Surround. I have to configure it for every session completely fresh:-(
But I can live with it.

stephenb
15-09-2017, 12:16
Hi Juhu,

No you don't need Nvidia Surround enabled. My PC was running windows extended desktop when that video was shot.

John Hargreaves
15-09-2017, 13:38
As far as I know, it also has support for different sized displays too, they don't have to match. I didn't manage to test before the beta was pulled, but I think it should handle something like 19"-34"-19" which is what I'm planning to try.

Juhu_0815
15-09-2017, 13:51
Hi Juhu,

No you don't need Nvidia Surround enabled. My PC was running windows extended desktop when that video was shot.

Fine, this is definitly a step forward!

ryandtw
15-09-2017, 23:13
Anyone tried playing triple 4K monitors? Would need at least a pair of GTX 1080 Ti or Titans...

sherpa25
16-09-2017, 00:19
What's the difference with having NVidia Surround on, vs disabled? It better disabled? Asking as I currently use my triples in NVidia Surround (as well as w/ other sims) and don't want to keep switching, if not necessary.

drathuu
16-09-2017, 02:58
Good to hear it works without surround. Just not sure how it would select the correct 3 monitors in a 4 monitor setup (didnt test it), so will try at launch.

Juhu_0815
16-09-2017, 15:11
What's the difference with having NVidia Surround on, vs disabled? It better disabled? Asking as I currently use my triples in NVidia Surround (as well as w/ other sims) and don't want to keep switching, if not necessary.

When I understood correctly, you can avoid Nvidia Surround and set-up the triples just within PCARS2. Only extended desktop needed in Windows. This is much easier :-)

sherpa25
17-09-2017, 03:22
When I understood correctly, you can avoid Nvidia Surround and set-up the triples just within PCARS2. Only extended desktop needed in Windows. This is much easier :-)

Thanks. But I was actually trying to understand what the diff would be, enabled vs disabled. Maybe in other words, what's the impact if I have it enabled? Again, I'm asking because I have it currently enabled for my Win10 desktop, and wondering if I'd have to keep switching.

drathuu
17-09-2017, 05:14
I would have to test it.. I doubt there would be much diffence (possibly one way or the other may improve framerates). but may not.