PDA

View Full Version : Key/Button Mappings in Project Cars 2

Brado23
15-09-2017, 04:36
Hi,

Can someone who has played PCars 2 please confirm if you are able to set a button/key to adjust diff settings. This was missing from PCars 1 (unless there was a way to do it outside of GUI) and would be really handy for tuning (like how F1 drivers can adjust the diff settings from their steering wheel whilst driving).

Different question, but I'd also like to know if you are now able to look at all of your individual laptimes from a race post race, or can you still only see your fastest and have to rely on external apps like pCarsDash for this?

Thanks,
Brad

drathuu
15-09-2017, 04:40
Yes you could keymap to buttons - however i didnt test all combinations myself. You could also map the FFB.. so you could adjust FFB settings on the fly also without going to menu, so im assuming everything else was configurable.

Blake-Lee43
15-09-2017, 05:41
I really hope theres a way to save button configurations so that if you change wheel rims you can just load another configuration rather then have to remap everything

Sankyo
15-09-2017, 09:54
I really hope theres a way to save button configurations so that if you change wheel rims you can just load another configuration rather then have to remap everything
The only way currently would be to make back-ups of your controller config files belonging to each rim, and copy them over when switching rims.

Brado23
19-09-2017, 02:33
From some video's I have seen of the release version of Project Cars 2 today, it still doesn't look like you can map diff adjustments to keys/buttons from the GUI. Can someone tell me how it is done in pCars 1 or 2 by modifying files or other on PC version? I could see settings for FFB adjustments but not diff.

Thanks.

Mahjik
19-09-2017, 02:51
No, you cannot modify diff settings while driving. SMS does not have a Formula 1 car in the title.

Brado23
19-09-2017, 03:34
ok, thanks.

It does have Formula A and Formula X though where being able to adjust that on the fly would be handy.

Maybe the ability to map this can be added as patch sometime after release?

Mahjik
19-09-2017, 03:36
I doubt we'll see a niche feature like that added for PC2 but you never know.

superdry
19-09-2017, 10:18
Yes you could keymap to buttons - however i didnt test all combinations myself. You could also map the FFB.. so you could adjust FFB settings on the fly also without going to menu, so im assuming everything else was configurable.

This is a fantastic addition.

MaXyM
12-11-2017, 15:44
I haven't found mappings for TC also. Does it mean that no car available in pC2 has onboard control over TC efficiency?

MJP
12-11-2017, 15:54
I haven't found mappings for TC also. Does it mean that no car available in pC2 has onboard control over TC efficiency?

Only via the ICM.

MaXyM
12-11-2017, 16:49
Yeah.. but what is the reason behind?
Is the change applied instantly or I have to pit? If the first option, I would really like to see possibility to map keys (to use with rotary switches)
The same for ABS.