PDA

View Full Version : Some questions about Project C.A.R.S 2

Donnced
15-09-2017, 07:37
As user of Project CARS 1, two questions very important for me:

-The replays in Project Cars 2 allows you moving freely along all the session to search what you want? or you only have the option of use fast forward as in Project Cars 1? Itís impossible to find anything because you donít have a slider or lap counter to move where you want. Also if you want to see something happened in the last lap of the race, you have to see the replay of all the event. It was crazy.

-How is implemented the DRS in PC2? In PC1 every player can use DRS in any place, and any circumstance, so itís not useful to overtake (that is for it was designed). Even worse, if the car ahead you also uses DRS too, is harder to pass him than without DRS, because with less drag in both cars, the slipstream effect is lower. So the DRS as it was designed in the game, difficults overtaking. Occurs the same in PC2?

I remember asking this in PC1 and the answer was that FOM license doesnít allows using DRS zones in the same way as in Formula 1. But could be possible that the DRS could only be activated when you are close to your rival ahead? In this way the DRS could be used as designed.

Thanks in advance

Siberian Tiger
15-09-2017, 07:47
DRS is working like in pCars 1.
We don't simulate Formula 1... So no changes here, afaik.

The Replay System is overhauled, but my Memory doesn't have an answer to your Question, and i can't test it anymore... So perhaps someone who used Replays could answer you...

ProDriver
15-09-2017, 09:13
DRS is working like in pCars 1.
We don't simulate Formula 1... So no changes here, afaik.

I would like to suggest a change, as we mention in EOL forum, It would be appreciate if we have a rule like if you are 1 second (or two) behind a driver independent of the part of the circuit you are, you can use the DRS, in other case, you cant.
That rule is not the same like in Formula 1, but is similar and what is more important, gives DRS the funcionality for what it was created.

Silraed
15-09-2017, 09:17
Kind of disappointing to hear DRS will be completely unregulated again, I would honestly rather it just not be there instead.

GenBrien
15-09-2017, 11:16
every one can use it at anytime, so no one has an advantage
dont see any problem with that

Sankyo
15-09-2017, 11:21
every one can use it at anytime, so no one has an advantage
dont see any problem with that
IIRC that was exactly the argument during development, it's as much a tactical thing now as it would be if usage would be limited, just different.

OddTimer
15-09-2017, 11:53
Does the AI use DRS as well?