PDA

View Full Version : 2 quick questions

JAG ReDDoG
15-09-2017, 22:29
Sorry if this has answered already.Does PC2 have drivers assists such as best drive line or braking zones?That you can turn on an off.My son is used to it in Forza.Keeps him from over driving the corners.Also ive seen a few Nascar tracks in the Indycar videos,but i dont see any Nascar real cars.Im guessing its just the tracks.Thanks everyone.

3800racingfool
15-09-2017, 22:42
There are indeed assists like that in game. Most people in the videos just don't drive with them on. As far as Nascar goes, there is a spec Ford Fusion stock car in the game as well (no Chevy/Toyota though).

breyzipp
15-09-2017, 23:09
You have the driving line which I think you can set to full, braking only or off. I raced with the line on (braking) for years but since this year started switching it off and all games are a lot more fun and exciting that way. What I do use for PCARS though is the turn indication, it's a little nifty colored turn indicator in the top middle of the screen. If you swap in and out of cars often and don't know the braking distances so well yet, it's really helpful.

For PCARS 2 I plan to switch that one completely off as well and then starting doing the practice races as well instead of skipping them, so that I learn my braking distances the proper way.

Trippul G
16-09-2017, 00:24
PCARS (and PCARS2) has assists similar to what are available in Forza...ABS on/off, traction control, stability management, braking line, etc. The only one I'm not sure if PCARS has or not is what they refer to as assisted braking in Forza, where the game automatically applies the brakes for you if you carry too much speed into a corner. It may be there, but I'm not sure, as I never use it.

One thing that PCARS does have that Forza doesn't, is the ability to set your assists to "Real", so if the car you're driving in the game has ABS in real life, it's enabled for that car in the game. If you're driving a Formula car that has no traction control in real life, you don't get it in the game either. Makes for a very different and much more authentic experience from Forza's blanket setting of things being either always on or always off.

Konan
16-09-2017, 07:31
...as for NASCAR...SMS doesn't have the official license so they can't put anything NASCAR related in the game...

hkraft300
16-09-2017, 14:03
The only one I'm not sure if PCARS has or not is what they refer to as assisted braking in Forza, where the game automatically applies the brakes for you if you carry too much speed into a corner...

PCars has braking and steering assist.