PDA

View Full Version : Project Cars/Project Cars 2

BWF07
16-09-2017, 13:20
I currently own Project Cars and was wondering to get all the new cars and tracks in PC2, do I need to purchase the Deluxe Edition or just the PC2 edition?

Siberian Tiger
16-09-2017, 13:25
Here you go:

The Standard Edition includes:

The Full Game
The Japanese Car Pack, featuring

​ - Honda Euro Spec Civic Type-R
​ - Honda Project 2&4
​ - Nissan Skyline GT-R (R32) Group A
​ - Nissan 280ZX IMSA GTX

The Deluxe Edition Includes:

The Full Game
The Season Pass

​ - Honda Project 2&4

The Motorsports Pack, featuring​

- Jaguar E-Type V12, Group 44
- Panoz Esperante GTR-1
- Audi V8 DTM
- Opel Astra TCR

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Both Packs will be eventually released later as a separate purchaseable DLC. (No Date given atm)

So it's up on you, which Version you like... -> With the Deluxe Version 4 DLC's are allready included, which will be released approx within 1 Year after Release

BWF07
16-09-2017, 13:42
Here you go:

The Standard Edition includes:

The Full Game

​ - Honda Project 2&4

The Deluxe Edition Includes:

The Full Game
The Season Pass

​ - Honda Project 2&4

The Motorsports Pack, featuring​

- Jaguar E-Type V12, Group 44
- Panoz Esperante GTR-1
- Audi V8 DTM
- Opel Astra TCR

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Both Packs will be eventually released later as a separate purchaseable DLC. (No Date given atm)

So it's up on you, which Version you like... -> With the Deluxe Version 4 DLC's are allready included, which will be released approx within 1 Year after Release

Thank you for the fast reply much appreciated, but I knew what is listed that you also provided, but my concern is that the list of cars and tracks for PC2 includes the GTE class the GT3-GT5 classes as well as the LMP1 & 2 as well as other classes. Will these be part of teh PC2 upgrade as well as the additional tracks listed. I want to place my advanced order, but I want to make sure what I am ordering.

Again thank you

Siberian Tiger
16-09-2017, 14:53
Hmm, don't really understand what you mean...

Project Cars 2 is not an Update for Project Cars 1....

It's a brand new shiny Game... With the following Content:

Cars in Project Cars 2 (https://www.projectcarsgame.com/the-cars.html?lang=en)
Tracks in Project Cars 2 (https://www.projectcarsgame.com/the-tracks.html?lang=en)

Since English is not my native language, perhaps i don't understand it correctly what you would like...

breyzipp
16-09-2017, 14:59
Hmm he indeed seems to think it's an update.

PCARS 2 is the sequel but it is not an update. PCARS1 and all it's DLC are completed and can be found in the PCARS 1 GOTY edition. That chapter is closed.

PCARS 2 is like Seberian Tiger said a completely separate game. Yes some cars and tracks are returning from PCARS 1 but they have been enhanced and improved. All tracks now have livetrack 3.0 and seasons, all cars have improved physics, handling and sound. So even if some content is returning, it will give a new experience for sure.

BWF07
16-09-2017, 15:04
Thank you. I simply thought that this was an upgrade. Both have answered my question completely. I have not been using any of my race sims for some time now and I was just getting back into it and noticed the PC2, and was interested in it. I will pre-order later today.

Again thank you both for your time.

John Hargreaves
17-09-2017, 08:40
PC2 development began two years ago by the devs stripping down PC1, taking much of the physics, weather, online and lighting code and rebuilding it from scratch, then assembling it all back together again. What you have is like a renovated classic car, that might look superficially similar to how it was when you started, but under the hood is rebuilt and given a new lease of life.

PC2 is without a doubt a completely new piece of software, substantially improved in just about every way, but once you put all the bits back together it will superficially resemble what you began with, only shinier and more reliable.

honespc
17-09-2017, 08:44
Another question. I recently bought tekken 7 and to my susrprise there was a code inside instead of a disc, which was..., awful. I'm getting pc2 standard version for now. The retail contains a disc or a download code?

John Hargreaves
17-09-2017, 08:55
Won't you need to hook it up to Steam anyway to get the patches and updates? I find that Steam installs and loads games quicker than a DVD drive anyway these days, but I guess it's down to internet speed. I don't know the exact answer to your question, but the whole game would need maybe 5-6 DVDs, so I can't see that you can avoid some hefty downloads.
I think it's a bit different for consoles, as I think the devs were under pressure to fit everything on one disc, but they use BluRay so bigger capacity anyway.

honespc
17-09-2017, 13:00
Where is Konan's response?. Not a disc but a code then? xD

You know now why I asked that right?, yeah tekken is also under Bamco Nandai umbrella heheh

Konan
17-09-2017, 13:03
I deleted it because i'm not sure how it will be on pc...:o

honespc
17-09-2017, 13:29
hah that's my konan. "Sincerity" also deserves likes.

No problem I was not interested in the retail anymore since I've just found out about the discount for pc1 steam owners

John Hargreaves
17-09-2017, 13:41
I don't think the presence of a real physical disc makes any difference either way. I just read the micro small print on the back of the PC1 box, and it states that you have to activate it via a Steam account. It goes on to say if you don't wish to do this, take it back to the shop. Can't see how PC2 will be any different. The physical disc and box is just to have something nice to look at on the shelf and something physical to take to the checkout in the shop.

Silraed
17-09-2017, 14:36
Or the physical disk in the box for pCARS1 was the difference between a relatively small wait for the initial patch and at least 19 hours (from memory) for the full game download for me. Just because your internet is smoking doesn't mean everybody in the world is so lucky.

I understand why publishers are moving away from physical disks on PC but that doesn't do much good for a lot of people out there.

EDIT: That came out a little passive aggressive, it wasn't meant like that :friendly_wink: .

Mahjik
17-09-2017, 16:00
Another question. I recently bought tekken 7 and to my susrprise there was a code inside instead of a disc, which was..., awful. I'm getting pc2 standard version for now. The retail contains a disc or a download code?

As far as I know (which isn't much in this space), the "Standard Version" is digital only.

John Hargreaves
17-09-2017, 16:44
Or the physical disk in the box for pCARS1 was the difference between a relatively small wait for the initial patch and at least 19 hours (from memory) for the full game download for me. Just because your internet is smoking doesn't mean everybody in the world is so lucky.

I understand why publishers are moving away from physical disks on PC but that doesn't do much good for a lot of people out there.

EDIT: That came out a little passive aggressive, it wasn't meant like that :friendly_wink: .

No worries, I just meant that it's a fact of life, regardless of connection speed. Games just don't fit on DVD discs any more, and bluray hasn't become widespread because there are always issues with software updates to play the latest movie titles (in my brief experience, but sony make it pretty painful to own a PC bluray drive).
You do get a bit spoilt by fast internet though, I'll give you that :rolleyes:

xrnzaaas
22-09-2017, 07:22
May I ask is the Japanese Car Pack included in the standard PS4 retail version or only in digital?

Siberian Tiger
22-09-2017, 07:33
Retail and Digital only the Deluxe Edition has the Jap-Pack...

ole school 62
23-09-2017, 17:14
I bought the Digital Deluxe Version(PS4). It says the Season Pass, the Japanese Car Pack and the Motorsports Car Pack are included. I downloaded the game and the Japanese Car Pack and everything is fine. But the cars in the Motorsports Car Pack are nowhere to be found. Is there a separate code just for the Motorsports Car Pack or is it included in the code for the Digital Deluxe version of the game? Or am I not doing something correctly to access those cars in the Motorsports Pack?

Konan
23-09-2017, 17:21
Can you see it in your download history?

ole school 62
23-09-2017, 17:40
Sorry. Where can I find my download history?

ole school 62
23-09-2017, 17:55
OK. I found it. Thanks Konan.

Konan
23-09-2017, 17:59
The second option from the left (next to the PlayStation store icon)
Better yet...go to the PlayStation store...search Project CARS 2...look for addons...Season pass should be marked as "purchased"

Konan
23-09-2017, 18:00
OK. I found it. Thanks Konan.

So is the Season pass showing as "downloaded" ?

ole school 62
24-09-2017, 00:51
Yes it is. Thanks for your help.