PDA

View Full Version : LeMans Track Update

McNeil
16-09-2017, 22:35
On Youtube Videos I see that this LeMans Version the same from PCars 1. On the actually Track there is after Mulsanne and Indianapolis now aspahlt and not more gras on the left and right side.

Mahjik
16-09-2017, 22:57
Tracks live and change over the years. No matter when they do updates, there will eventually be a difference.

KANETAKER
17-09-2017, 06:50
On Youtube Videos I see that this LeMans Version the same from PCars 1. On the actually Track there is after Mulsanne and Indianapolis now aspahlt and not more gras on the left and right side.

Tracks live and change over the years. No matter when they do updates, there will eventually be a difference.

The issue is that since the 2015 Edition the entire sector between Mulsane corner, Indianapolis, Arnage and the Porsche curves has more paved area (aspahlt) on both sides of the track (similar to the 3 long straights of Les Hunaudieres) precisely to avoid accidents due to traffic on the track at the time that the LMP1 cars (for example) are overtaking 2 or more GTE cars at the same time.

The truth is we do not understand why SMS has not been able to apply this update of the circuit, bearing in mind that for other circuits they have applied the latest modifications even though at the time it was scarcely a year before the launch of the game. I am specifically talking about the Monza circuit, which by 2014 the FIA implemented an asphalted loophole on the Parabolic curve, and although the PCars1 went on sale in less than 1 year they could apply such a modification in the game.

So, considering that PCars2 had almost 2 years of development, we do not understand why it has not been possible to implement the new modifications in the LeMans circuit. And not only that, but also did not address the issue of the absence of some signage of distance (250m, 200m, 150m, 100m) at the end of some straights and are of great help as benchmarks for braking. In the following video, these signs appear as little blue signs at night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1hv_DIJqoU

As a further observation, on the one hand I have seen with pleasure the fact that for almost all circuits have implemented the actual camera shots of official TV broadcastings in viewer views and replays at PCars 2 (a good example are SPA and Bathurst tracks). But unfortunately for the LeMans track SMS are using the same shots and camera angles as the PCars1. The Official LeMans broadcasting camera shots are more or less like the ones in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkusutjPpBc

We sincerely hope that the reason for all this is solely due to license issues (to be able to use the latest version of the track and the camera angles of official LeMans 24H broadcasts) and not for carelessness or lack of dedication and effort when applying graphic and physical improvements in all circuits the LiveTrack 3.0 one of those improvements implemented).

A possible solution could be some mod tool, but we know that suggestion will not be accepted.

APR193
17-09-2017, 07:04
As far as I'm concerned if it doesn't alter the track layout then it shouldn't be treated as an urgent change. Donington infield is still all dug up on Pcars 2 but in reality it hasn't been like that for 3-4 years.

These things should be left until updating them doesn't have a knock on affect on another part of the game imo

breyzipp
17-09-2017, 07:14

Hey Mahjik do you know if the Le Mans circuit is laser scanned now? I read that somewhere in a preview article but I never found any other evidence pointing in that way. I assume the team was at Le Mans to scan the karting track (since that one is new and all new tracks are laser scanned) but did they also re-scan the 24h and Bugatti circuits?

Same question for Hockenheim. The rallycross circuit is new and uses a part of the GP circuit, it's supposed to be laser scanned as well. Have the other circuits of Hockenheim (GP, national and short) been laser scanned as well?

I marked Le Mans as laser scanned on my track list (Hockenheim not) but would like to get it right to not spread wrong information.

maTech
17-09-2017, 08:47
I have to say i am a little bit disappointed in terms of Le Mans since Pcars 1. The track itself looks good but especially the section in Arnage seems wrong to me. Never saw such a big hill directly after Arnage For comparsion look at 2:34min www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCFD0ASpA4. Its flat there.

Mahjik
17-09-2017, 15:56
Hey Mahjik do you know if the Le Mans circuit is laser scanned now? I read that somewhere in a preview article but I never found any other evidence pointing in that way. I assume the team was at Le Mans to scan the karting track (since that one is new and all new tracks are laser scanned) but did they also re-scan the 24h and Bugatti circuits?

Same question for Hockenheim. The rallycross circuit is new and uses a part of the GP circuit, it's supposed to be laser scanned as well. Have the other circuits of Hockenheim (GP, national and short) been laser scanned as well?

I marked Le Mans as laser scanned on my track list (Hockenheim not) but would like to get it right to not spread wrong information.

As far as I know, neither Le Mans nor Hockenheim road courses were updated with scanning for PC2. I'm mainly a physics guy so it's possible I missed something in the tracks section and another WMD2 member (or SMS member) can correct me if that is not correct.

Aile_Bleue
17-09-2017, 16:32
Too bad... That would be nice to have le Mans with a laser scan !

Mahjik
17-09-2017, 16:34
Too bad... That would be nice to have le Mans with a laser scan !

It's a fair amount of work to move to a scan, so I believe SMS made some smart decisions on what was updated verses new tracks. There is a limited amount of time and resources. ;)

Fanapryde
17-09-2017, 19:38
Well, at least one sim has a decent LeMans version, but indeed the brake markers on Hunaudières seem to be missing - again.

GenBrien
17-09-2017, 23:37
Well, at least one sim has a decent LeMans version, but indeed the brake markers on Hunaudières same to be missing - again.

yeah.... I was hoping that for PCars 2 they would add the blue-light markers on the straights
It seems not.... :(

kinda hard at night to find braking point (more with rain/fog)

breyzipp
18-09-2017, 09:52
It's a fair amount of work to move to a scan, so I believe SMS made some smart decisions on what was updated verses new tracks. There is a limited amount of time and resources. ;)

Yeah true that. I'm a little bit disappointed the Nordschleife got the laserscan update instead of Le Mans, especially with all those great group C LM versions and the GT1 class added to Project CARS 2. But I guess the overal racing community's obsession with the green hell takes priority. :)

But I understand not all circuits from Project CARS 1 can be laser scanned and it's indeed a lot of work. I hope Le Mans is on the top of the priority list now though and it will be updated for PCARS 3.

maTech
18-09-2017, 10:02
Yeah true that. I'm a little bit disappointed the Nordschleife got the laserscan update instead of Le Mans, especially with all those great group C LM versions and the GT1 class added to Project CARS 2. But I guess the overal racing community's obsession with the green hell takes priority. :)

But I understand not all circuits from Project CARS 1 can be laser scanned and it's indeed a lot of work. I hope Le Mans is on the top of the priority list now though and it will be updated for PCARS 3.

I agree with you. Overall I think all these things are complaints on a high comfort level!

Sankyo
18-09-2017, 11:07

Well, The Ring is a track that is accessible all the time, Le Mans is partly public road so not very accessible for scanning (both outside the race as during the race :)).

breyzipp
18-09-2017, 12:01
Well, The Ring is a track that is accessible all the time, Le Mans is partly public road so not very accessible for scanning (both outside the race as during the race :)).

Well the same goes for Long Beach and that one got scanned both drone and laser. ;)

But I get your point, a permanent closed racing circuit is indeed easier to scan.

Bealdor
18-09-2017, 12:14
Well the same goes for Long Beach and that one got scanned both drone and laser. ;)

But I get your point, a permanent closed racing circuit is indeed easier to scan.

Circuit de la Sarthe is more than 4 times longer than Long Beach. ;)
So what would you do if you were a developer with a tight budget (both time and money wise)?
Scan and update one (I admit, iconic) extremely long track or do the same with 4 "regular" ones?

It could've also been a decision between updating Le Mans or adding Long Beach to the game. And I do love me my precious Long Beach... ;)

KANETAKER
18-09-2017, 13:16
Circuit de la Sarthe is more than 4 times longer than Long Beach. ;)
So what would you do if you were a developer with a tight budget (both time and money wise)?
Scan and update one (I admit, iconic) extremely long track or do the same with 4 "regular" ones?

It could've also been a decision between updating Le Mans or adding Long Beach to the game. And I do love me my precious Long Beach... ;)

It is an understandable point of view, but ... SMS should have considered the fact that the circuit of La Sarthe and the 24Hrs of LeMans is a much more popular and important race than others, despite the current crisis of LMP1 that (apparently) is one of the few "realistic details that have been taken seriously to apply it in the game" (I'm being sarcastic) going from having 6 LMP1 cars in PCars1 to just 4 LMP1 cars in PCars2. (hoping to see if in future DLC there will be more LMP1 cars or not).

In fact, many expected a remarkable improvement and jump in quality in that circuit, not only by the inclusion of GTE cars, Porsche and historical GT1 and Group C, but because even a part of the SMS team was present in the circuit, in person all the great atmosphere and that unique atmosphere that exists in the 24 Hours of LeMans and its importance; although they attended the event only as spectators.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oJODfQ1QGI

But in spite of everything, his version of the Sarthe circuit is still one of the most similar to the original, except for some imperfections (including certain bumps that should not be). Checking out, apparently the version of the circuit for iRacing is the one that most closely resembles the actual circuit, including not only the latest modifications but also small details like the absent braking distance signs, which I do not see how complicated it would be to place them .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4Ww8fiS5nE

Well, apparently it will have to be resigned and wait for PCars 3 (if it were to confirm its development) finally take into account all those details, because I sincerely doubt that they can be taken into account for some future patch applicable for PCars2 ... why deceive us and continue to feed us ourselves with false hopes and illusions? (Why do you think I left for several weeks of these forums and stopped commenting? Seeing that I'm just wasting my time in a losing battle).

It's what there is and what we have for now, guys... =( Also, I'm ready with my PCars2 copy in my Steam game library, waiting for its activation this Friday.

resmania
18-09-2017, 15:41
As far as I know it had tree update(3d trees) and some texture and sponsor update.

michelr
18-09-2017, 17:34
What ??!! Project Cars Community went to Le Mans in 2015 w/o telling me ??!! ;)

That's a shame, we could have seen as I am marshalling between Mulsanne and Arnage every year... If you plan to come again in the future, please tell it, it'll be a pleasure to have a walk in the pits talking about PC3 :rolleyes:

Mahjik
18-09-2017, 17:35
What ??!! Project Cars Community went to Le Mans in 2015 w/o telling me ??!! ;)

That's a shame, we could have seen as I am marshalling between Mulsanne and Arnage every year... If you plan to come again in the future, please tell it, it'll be a pleasure to have a walk in the pits talking about PC3 :rolleyes:

It was organized on the WMD1 forum. ;)

breyzipp
18-09-2017, 18:14
I really would like to go to Le Mans as well someday but since I have no racing friends in real life whatsoever (only salsa dancers :p) please let me know about the next Le Mans trip! :)

michelr
18-09-2017, 18:48
It was organized on the WMD1 forum. ;)

Oups, I missed it !

I really would like to go to Le Mans as well someday but since I have no racing friends in real life whatsoever (only salsa dancers :p) please let me know about the next Le Mans trip! :)

For my part, I'll be there next week-end for 24H Trucks. Next will be 24H Test Day in 2018 (and maybe one or two formation courses in between) ...