PDA

View Full Version : Review embargo

ProjectCARSFiend
17-09-2017, 06:43
Anyone know when the review embargo ends and I can expect reviews to start popping up for PC2? (this is if review copies are going to get sent out which I expect they are)

GenBrien
17-09-2017, 07:12
IIRC Ian said the 18th (tomorrow)

ProjectCARSFiend
17-09-2017, 08:01
IIRC Ian said the 18th (tomorrow)

Sweet, thanks dude

JAG ReDDoG
17-09-2017, 08:24
Good to hear.I found it odd that we havent seen alot of hype or promos or whatever with the release coming so soon.I havent seen anything on IGN.Need a new tidbit of something.LOL.

honespc
17-09-2017, 08:46
Good to know the embargo lifts some days before release day. That's a sign of confidence from developer part.

John Hargreaves
17-09-2017, 09:00
I think WMD members stopped getting builds at B851, two weeks before release, the press review build was B853, so that gives them about a week before the 18th to put together their reviews. Should be plenty of stuff coming out this week to get us in the mood.

OddTimer
17-09-2017, 13:18
What is the final build which includes d1p?

drathuu
17-09-2017, 13:33
Good to hear.I found it odd that we havent seen alot of hype or promos or whatever with the release coming so soon.I havent seen anything on IGN.Need a new tidbit of something.LOL.

Had adverts all throughout the V8 Supercar Enduro telecast today and the Formula 1 telecast tonight. Id say the marketting train is kicking in this week.

John Hargreaves
17-09-2017, 13:55
What is the final build which includes d1p?

SMS have been working flat out over the last few weeks (years actually). Patches and updates have to be sent for approval to the various platforms, with console updates being a longer, more tricky affair than PC ones. What comes out on day 1 will be a couple of weeks behind, so there will be minor updates being sorted as we speak and into the near future for patch 2, 3 etc. Only SMS can say when the updates will be released (they may save fixes up to coincide with DLC releases) but on such a complex piece of software, work is likely to be ongoing for some time.

sherpa25
17-09-2017, 14:26
What was the build used in E3? There was a brief review of one using the new/upcoming Fanatec DD wheel and commented it barely had any feel (...'Visually looks amazing, physics felt pretty much on par with PC1. Seriously couldn't feel a thing about what it was doing.'. :hypnotysed:

eracerhead
17-09-2017, 14:55
What was the build used in E3? There was a brief review of one using the new/upcoming Fanatec DD wheel and commented it barely had any feel...

While it certainly could've been an earlier build (the FFB required a tweak or two last month) I think the nature of showing a new DD wheel to the masses - i.e.: not wanting to overpower the wheel for casual drivers, not to mention the smoother overall feel - had as much or more of an effect in this case.

Mad Al
17-09-2017, 15:14
Not to mention the Wheel being shown is a prototype and won't have final drivers and the info to get the best out of it won't have made it to the PC2 build (and why would they waste time with getting an unreleased wheel sorted instead of polishing for those that are already in the wild)

OddTimer
17-09-2017, 15:52
SMS have been working flat out over the last few weeks (years actually). Patches and updates have to be sent for approval to the various platforms, with console updates being a longer, more tricky affair than PC ones. What comes out on day 1 will be a couple of weeks behind, so there will be minor updates being sorted as we speak and into the near future for patch 2, 3 etc. Only SMS can say when the updates will be released (they may save fixes up to coincide with DLC releases) but on such a complex piece of software, work is likely to be ongoing for some time.

I get that. I was just wondering what the build we will have access on day 1 so we know if reviewers are using the latest build, which is just fair.

John Hargreaves
17-09-2017, 16:48
As far as I know the press build is at least as current as D1P, maybe even newer. I don't think it will be far away from the build we buy.
(I was also posting that last reply as a general bit of info as much as a reply to your post too :o)

GTsimms
17-09-2017, 16:53
As far as I know the press build is at least as current as D1P, maybe even newer. I don't think it will be far away from the build we buy.
(I was also posting that last reply as a general bit of info as much as a reply to your post too :o)

Agree with John! We don't know, we had builds with D1P stuff. But as I recall, no builds were directly mentioned as full D1P.

OddTimer
17-09-2017, 17:49

Thanks man! I appreciate the answers and extra info! So it is like no one really knows what is in d1p but sms. I was just wondering that as the preview copy sent out by NB is a couple of months old now so d1p should be quite substantial. Which would be good as that were a few things that needed improvements.

GTsimms
17-09-2017, 19:21
Thanks man! I appreciate the answers and extra info! So it is like no one really knows what is in d1p but sms. I was just wondering that as the preview copy sent out by NB is a couple of months old now so d1p should be quite substantial. Which would be good as that were a few things that needed improvements.

Some of the daily builds had a lot of bug fixes after the press build.

John Hargreaves
17-09-2017, 19:34
There was a press preview build released about three months ago, which would be mid 700s. That's the one that all the currently available stuff from GamerMuscle et al. is based on. The press review copy would be around 100 builds later, so lots of stuff would be improved.

OddTimer
17-09-2017, 20:02
There was a press preview build released about three months ago, which would be mid 700s. That's the one that all the currently available stuff from GamerMuscle et al. is based on. The press review copy would be around 100 builds later, so lots of stuff would be improved.

Thanks for clarifying on the preview builds! Can't wait to play the game��

GenBrien
18-09-2017, 01:21
edit: nvm

ProjectCARSFiend
18-09-2017, 03:23
When will reviews start releasing today? I haven't seen any yet.

GenBrien
18-09-2017, 04:05
When will reviews start releasing today? I haven't seen any yet.

Dont know where you are on the Globe.... but its about 6AM in Europe.... Midnight NA East Coast and not even the 18th on the West coast.....
give them some time and be patient lol

Silraed
18-09-2017, 05:33
https://mspoweruser.com/review-project-cars-2-improvements-many-levels/

Not very in depth or overly informative but it's something.

Kinna39
18-09-2017, 05:48
ACG has dropped his video review...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxxh7E-YlFI

breyzipp
18-09-2017, 07:14
https://mspoweruser.com/review-project-cars-2-improvements-many-levels/

Not very in depth or overly informative but it's something.

A bit of a weird review, obviously someone who sees the potential and depth of the game but is a bit too used to playing Forza games with a controller. No matter how good the controller is in PCARS2, it still is a sim! You can never expect cars to be as easy to control as in Forza or other arcade / simcade titles.

He also said the visuals are dramatically improved. From what I've seen they are marginally (but noticeably) improved with better tree textures and a new shading engine.

Glad to read about the steady 60 fps feeling.

I wonder what he ment with "vehicle upkeep" in career mode.

GenBrien
18-09-2017, 07:26
I wonder what he ment with "vehicle upkeep" in career mode.

+1

and +1 for strange review
he's semi bashing the game compared to Forza but still give it a 8/10...
good thing I guess?

Bealdor
18-09-2017, 07:35
Review discussion thread can be found here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51288-PCARS-2-Review-Thread).

Major Epidemic
18-09-2017, 07:36
I actually think the review summed it up really well. If you want a pick up and play game then Forza is your friend. If you want a game that you have to spend time learning before it gives you a realistic driving simulation then Project Cars is what you want. At least the reviewer is clear on their taste and allows the reader to be objective with the score.

Shame about some of th graphical blemishes in the ACG video but then who gets time to see that when you are rushing in to a hairpin in the pouring rain avoiding the glow of brake lights.