PDA

View Full Version : Discount for PC 1 owners

bootrossbootross
17-09-2017, 09:37
So the steam page says there is a discount available for Project Cars 1 owners. How does one get this discount?

I own it on console with all DLC, but am buying a new gaming PC so i can cross to the dark side of PC gaming in VR so will be buying PC 2 on steam, not console.

anyone know if i can get the discount?

cheerio

John Hargreaves
17-09-2017, 10:32
It's a bit unclear, but this is how it shows up in my steam page

So this is the price for pre purchase

So maybe that is automatically deducted as I have PC1 in steam? What price does it show for you?

bootrossbootross
17-09-2017, 10:46
mine shows as just one price only for each edition, which from memory is 69.99 and 89.99 respectively ($US). There is a sentence below both boxes that say there is a discount for PC 1 owners.

Id assume that given i have a registered purchased game that WMD would know i have Pc1, even though steam obviously doesnt.

breyzipp
17-09-2017, 11:55
Steam and the PS4 are in no way connected to each other for PCARS 1 or 2 so I really doubt that Steam will "recognize" you having PCARS 1 on the PS4. Other than a discount code you manually need to type in somewhere I don't think much is possible.

Seems like a Steam only deal to me.

honespc
17-09-2017, 12:49
I was going to give my two cents to this epic thread in the form of some LeLz, but in the end I have no choice but to thank original poster for opening it, as I didn't know about this pre-order discount policy if Steam detects Project Cars 1 in your library.

I have just checked it and after the discount the total price makes for a total of:

http://i64.tinypic.com/ka2sg9.png

€50 for standard instead of €60. I was gonna get the game day 1 at GAME, but no longer after this.

hahah I'll go even further and ask mods to sticky this so more folks like me that may not still be aware of the discount can see it.

Most useful trollish thread ever. Thanks brah!, ya got mai laiks!!

Mahjik
17-09-2017, 14:07
So the steam page says there is a discount available for Project Cars 1 owners. How does one get this discount?

I own it on console with all DLC, but am buying a new gaming PC so i can cross to the dark side of PC gaming in VR so will be buying PC 2 on steam, not console.

anyone know if i can get the discount?

cheerio

It's only for buying on the same platform.

Fanapryde
17-09-2017, 14:59
Still on vacation, so can't check, but I pre-ordered pCars2 as soon as it was available several weeks ago. Never saw a discount for pCars1 owners (had a disk for PS4 and a Steam copy for PC).
Was I too early with my pre-order ? :rolleyes:

catalins1973
17-09-2017, 15:17
I buy from CDkeys with 37.89 euro :)

Rodgerzzz
17-09-2017, 18:09
Such a shame this isn't the case on PS4 after the hundreds of hours I've put into PCARS1. The nice email from GAME explaining how the limited edition price on my preorder has dropped by 5 will have to suffice.

Mahjik
17-09-2017, 18:31
Such a shame this isn't the case on PS4 after the hundreds of hours I've put into PCARS1. The nice email from GAME explaining how the limited edition price on my preorder has dropped by 5 will have to suffice.

I believe it is if you order through the PS Store.

Konan
17-09-2017, 18:44

Nope...didn't get a discount...maybe because i bought the physical Pcars copy from a retailer...did buy all DLC on PSN though...

Rodgerzzz
17-09-2017, 18:45

I just checked in case there was a discount because I'm a tight b*****d and there doesn't seem to be any applied, the standard edition on PS Store is actually more expensive than the Limited edition still available at game.co.uk. As konan said, maybe physical copies aren't recognised for this discount, would be useful if someone with a digital copy couold verify that.

321Respawn
17-09-2017, 23:52
I bought a physical copy of PC1 which still had to be registered and activated on Steam and I have pre ordered the Deluxe Edition via Steam download and I received the 11% discount.
So as long as your PC1 was registered on Steam you will get the discount.

Alan Dallas
18-09-2017, 00:22
I bought a physical copy of PC1 which still had to be registered and activated on Steam and I have pre ordered the Deluxe Edition via Steam download and I received the 11% discount.
So as long as your PC1 was registered on Steam you will get the discount.
^^^This^^^

BTW, I posted about this here a couple days ago... apparently nobody saw it.
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51247-pCARS2-Discount-Reminder-For-Owners-of-Project-CARS-1-on-Steam

Konan
18-09-2017, 01:17
^^^This^^^

BTW, I posted about this here a couple days ago... apparently nobody saw it.
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51247-pCARS2-Discount-Reminder-For-Owners-of-Project-CARS-1-on-Steam

I did...:cool:

tonaz
18-09-2017, 08:50
49.79 for a pCARS 1 owner....
39.89 from cdkeys.com

POINTLESS.

Sankyo
18-09-2017, 08:57
That's €10 less for the development of DLC and pC3 if you buy from cdkeys.com :p

Bealdor
18-09-2017, 09:05
49.79€ for a pCARS 1 owner....
39.89€ from cdkeys.com

POINTLESS.

Please don't compare official retailer's prices with some shady key seller sites...

tonaz
18-09-2017, 09:09
Please don't compare official retailer's prices with some shady key seller sites...

Shady?
Always worked like a charm, i buy every Steam title from there.
What i would like to mean, is that Bandai should make a REAL offer for fond gamers.

Bealdor
18-09-2017, 09:12
You do know why these sites can offer game keys cheaper than official retailers?

tonaz
18-09-2017, 09:36
You do know why these sites can offer game keys cheaper than official retailers?

actually honestly no.
maybe they pre-buy big quantities?

Bealdor
18-09-2017, 09:40
actually honestly no.
maybe the pre-buy big quantities?

No, they're buying them from very cheap regions (Russia, Asia, etc.) and resell them to you.
They have no authorisation to do that (most of the time they aren't authorised to sell the game at all).

tonaz
18-09-2017, 09:43
I see. Looks like there is no digital legislation about this stuff.
Strange how those website can stay open online without troubles...
But also looks like I am not doing anything illegal.

Bealdor
18-09-2017, 09:51
I see. Looks like there is no digital legislation about this stuff.
Strange how those website can stay open online without troubles...

As with everything digital, the legal situation is quite unclear.

But also looks like I am not doing anything illegal.

I definitely didn't want to imply that you're doing something illegal. Sorry if it came across this way.
I just wanted to raise some awareness on this topic.

tonaz
18-09-2017, 09:53
I know, i know, no problem! :)
Infact i was thinking... i could go in vietnam and buy a dvd version of a game... 100% legal. Or... I buy a vietnamese cd key... so? Same legal.

Bealdor
18-09-2017, 10:25
I know, i know, no problem! :)
Infact i was thinking... i could go in vietnam and buy a dvd version of a game... 100% legal. Or... I buy a vietnamese cd key... so? Same legal.

Yeah but it's quite possible that Steam will say "We're sorry dear european citizen but the code you're trying to activate is only valid in Asia."

FS7
18-09-2017, 16:27
If people want to buy the game at a cheaper price they always have the option to wait for a sale or price drop. The longer you wait the lower you pay.

catalins1973
18-09-2017, 16:34
I have no problem to activate steam key from cdkeys... is Region: Worldwide :)

Konan
18-09-2017, 16:35
If people want to buy the game at a cheaper price they always have the option to wait for a sale or price drop. The longer you wait the lower you pay.

They'll lose out of a lot of fun to compensate though...priorities i guess.. (which is ok really) :cool:

Rodgerzzz
18-09-2017, 17:12
With all the G2A stuff going on at the moment and all the issues surrounding similar sites Im not sure why anyone would use these places to purchase video games. Rumours of people hacking bank accounts, buying loads of game keys with them and then reselling them through these key sites isnt exactly legal or moral. It's perplexing how this sort of thing hasn't been clamped down on already.

VelvetTorpedo
18-09-2017, 18:07
If I ever get a pc game from a place other than steam, its greenmangaming or the humble store. I've heard way too many bad things about G2A and similar sites as stated above. GMG and the Humble store have never given me issues. I got Spintires for $9 a while back and a few others :)

zuotoski
18-09-2017, 18:14
With all the G2A stuff going on at the moment and all the issues surrounding similar sites Im not sure why anyone would use these places to purchase video games. Rumours of people hacking bank accounts, buying loads of game keys with them and then reselling them through these key sites isnt exactly legal or moral. It's perplexing how this sort of thing hasn't been clamped down on already.

Hi!
I'm sorry, but what's going on with G2A? There are a lot of youtubers that advertise it, including some big ones. Talking about rumours, well, they are what they are, right!? :D If it's some kind of scam/illegal thing, then it should be investigated and closed by the authorities. If it looks legit, people will always try the best price. G2A, Kinguin and CDKeys aren't new sites, and also are known worlwide - if it is illegal, why are still opened?
I have to agree, it looks suspicious.

ryandtw
19-09-2017, 04:32
I just watched a Carey Holzman video recently regarding G2A (or Kinguin, CDKeys or similar) and the legal issues...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te8kNC_yYw0&t=11250

(go to ~3:07:30 mark)

I think I've just learned a lesson. I haven't tried it yet, but I wouldn't want to buy my Windows keys from such shady websites...

Silraed
19-09-2017, 05:20
When you have developers saying they would rather you just straight up pirated their game than go through somewhere like G2A where they won't see any of the sales profit then I think it's pretty obvious there is something questionable about giving them your business and money.

FS7
19-09-2017, 13:11
If I ever get a pc game from a place other than steam, its greenmangaming or the humble store. I've heard way too many bad things about G2A and similar sites as stated above. GMG and the Humble store have never given me issues. I got Spintires for $9 a while back and a few others :)
Bundlestars is good too, I got a bundle with rF1 + several other racing games for $2.

Trans-Girl
19-09-2017, 22:32
It's only for buying on the same platform.

it's only for buying on PC...